Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

What has happened to Seamus in all this? Is he dead or alive?

Edit: angel01 has already answered that I now see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Epicurus wrote: »
    What has happened to Seamus in all this? Is he dead or alive?

I will put it in a spoiler
    he is alive but in a bad condition I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Ursulsa will be asleep so for a long time as Anna Manahan that played her died a few months back. Maybe Ursuala might come back as one of these transformed characters we see from time to time in the soaps, Fair City no exception.

Oh my god, are you serious? Did they ever mention that at all, even at the end of an episode as a tribute?

Oh yes, who could forget Seamus McAleer's character transformation.

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Oh my god, are you serious? Did they ever mention that at all, even at the end of an episode as a tribute?

No she has left to live in England, she isn't mentioned anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

angel01 wrote: »
    She must have collapsed somewhere, presumably of smoke inhalation. I thought it was a cracking episode. I was that sad, I recorded it :o:D

I should have recorded it, it was very good. And a little funny too though laughing probably was slightly inappropriate. But I enjoyed Bill and McAleer's interaction hugely. I mean, neither are spring chickens. I wonder, will this open the door for Farrell to come back? ;) Can't wait.

On the other hand did anyone think the special effects were on the ball? I mean the scenes with the trio in the fire. There was a couple of shots where the picture was jerky and where the heat made the actors faces wave. I thought that was quite realistic and sobered me up from laughing at the lads. A horrific situation and I thought that this really hammered home the horrors of a fire to me.

• Advertisement

Lets hope they have taken that squeaky leather jacket off him in the hospital :D

Wheeze wheeze, squeak squeak, beep beep. The horror!

Eyespy wrote: »
    I should have recorded it, it was very good. And a little funny too though laughing probably was slightly inappropriate. But I enjoyed Bill and McAleer's interaction hugely. I mean, neither are spring chickens. I wonder, will this open the door for Farrell to come back? ;) Can't wait.

On the other hand did anyone think the special effects were on the ball? I mean the scenes with the trio in the fire. There was a couple of shots where the picture was jerky and where the heat made the actors faces wave. I thought that was quite realistic and sobered me up from laughing at the lads. A horrific situation and I thought that this really hammered home the horrors of a fire to me.

True, it does show the danger of fire. I would hate to go that way :( oh yes, bring back Farrell and what will poor Anthony say now he hears Annette has gone :(

Special effects at times were a bit dodgy but overall, I loved that episode :D

Just out of curiousity, are Annette and Brendan related or do they just share the same surname?

Can you imagine how much worse his breathing will be now after all that smoke inhalation? :D

Dear God, I'm going to have to mute the telly until I see his lips moving.
    Still, a wound and smoke inhalation is a lot for one man to deal with...surely he's more likely to die than Seamus or anyone else...still, it's Fair City, so who knows?

Just out of curiousity, are Annette and Brendan related or do they just share the same surname?

No relation

• Advertisement

Dear God, I'm going to have to mute the telly until I see his lips moving.
    Still, a wound and smoke inhalation is a lot for one man to deal with...surely he's more likely to die than Seamus or anyone else...still, it's Fair City, so who knows?

I don't see where they can go with keeping Bill alive.. please survive Seamus!

Sure it'll be up on the rte player for a while, I'll have to put it on realplayer before it goes out.
    I agree with the special effects. I really felt it when Annette let out her defeated cry when she found out about the fire and the first flames started to spread. Very realistic too, I winced once because it looked like Bill was going to fall into the fire [serve him right].

Yes, I hope Seamus survive; himself and Angela belong together

Poor Seamus, I'd imagine he'll suffer terribly with survivors guilt. Barry you prat, how could you not have looked for anyone else? I mean, someone had to let Seamus in. Doh!

I agree with the special effects. I really felt it when Annette let out her defeated cry when she found out about the fire and the first flames started to spread. Very realistic too, I winced once because it looked like Bill was going to fall into the fire [serve him right].

I know, that was heart-breaking. Annette was hardly able to walk last night when Bill let her "out to find Barry". I can imagine after being tied up for 2 or more days would wreck your muscles and the fact that she had been forcefed vodka and was probably dehyrated didn't help. It was almost like she knew she wouldn't make it out. All the more frustrating as the door was right THERE!

I know, that was heart-breaking. Annette was hardly able to walk last night when Bill let her "out to find Barry". I can imagine after being tied up for 2 or more days would wreck your muscles and the fact that she had been forcefed vodka and was probably dehyrated didn't help. It was almost like she knew she wouldn't make it out. All the more frustrating as the door was right THERE!

Yes, and then she told Seamus to go on without her [cliché or what?!] and she just gave up even though she was so close...heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Though I don't agree with Renee that Heather wanted Brendan to kill Floyd as she loved Floyd and why would she want him to die :(

I didn't mean that Renee thought that either. I think that Renee thinks that Heather is supportive of Brendan now that he is in hot water because of the guilt that Heather feels about her relationship with Floyd.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    I didn't mean that Renee thought that either. I think that Renee thinks that Heather is supportive of Brendan now that he is in hot water because of the guilt that Heather feels about her relationship with Floyd.

If Renee even thought about it, she'd realise why Heather is supporting Brendan. Renee is a mother; heather is a mother. She wants to protect Eleanor (particularly from Meeja Ireland :)), and if it means supporting the father of her daughter and the father of her daughters brother, so be it; irrespective of her own feelings

Poor Seamus, I'd imagine he'll suffer terribly with survivors guilt. Barry you prat, how could you not have looked for anyone else? I mean, someone had to let Seamus in. Doh!
    I think poor Barry was thinking of Annette's whereabouts all day as he had been looking for her around town after Bill had sent him off with his lies that Annette had left him for Seamus. So Annette was the reason he ran into the fire. He couldn't see her there with the smoke and the flames. I think that is what made the episode more upsetting - that Bill, who is the cause of it all, was the first to be carried out. And from the look of the trailer for the next episode, Bill is still carrying on with his lies.

I dunno, Epicurus..does Heather think about anyone else's feelings other than her own. I don't think she does. She is running around asking Christy to say this and fuming that Renee might say something else Heather doesn't like. If Heather was such a good wife would she been off having affairs in the first place? She is a character that even her own mother seems to have difficulty having sympathy with.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deelite wrote: »
    Who is living in Gina's old house? Why doesn't Orla move in there????

Cant see Niamh letting her move in since she knows that Orla owes money.

Fair City was crazy tonight

Why would anyone run into pub and shout your place is on fire (or similar words) and not dial 999 first.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    I dunno, Epicurus..does Heather think about anyone else's feelings other than her own. I don't think she does. She is running around asking Christy to say this and fuming that Renee might say something else Heather doesn't like. If Heather was such a good wife would she been off having affairs in the first place? She is a character that even her own mother seems to have difficulty having sympathy with.:)

well renee having sympathy in this scenario is difficult; Floyd being her son and all that and was in her life a lot longer than Heather. I dont doubt that she's not the best wife, but I do feel that she cares about Ellies feelings. And she used to care about people before anyway, wasnt ellie named after Jo's late sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

deelite wrote: »
    Just a quickie - today I was listening to RTE Radio 1 the Liveline Ad - and they said they might be talking about the Fair City Kidnap plot and how it's inappropriate to have this on the soap during the kids midterm break. The topic didn't come up today but it might tomorrow.

Thanks for that, Deelite. I'll have my mobile ready. The last thing they need is pressure to make the prgramme less dramatic.

I don't think it's been particularly disturbing recently. Young kids will hardly be watching it on their own at eight o'clock, and it hasn't broadcast anything that a parent couldn't explain. Except maybe Bill's accent.

(Mind you, I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but I've already got two texts about it, so it could be pretty extreme.)

I should have recorded it,

On again tomorrow or its on the net for 21 days if you thought it was so good you want to see it again.

Thanks for that, Deelite. I'll have my mobile ready. The last thing they need is pressure to make the prgramme less dramatic.

I don't think it's been particularly disturbing recently. Young kids will hardly be watching it on their own at eight o'clock, and it hasn't broadcast anything that a parent couldn't explain. Except maybe Bill's accent.

(Mind you, I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but I've already got two texts about it, so it could be pretty extreme.)

Could have been watching it on their own at whatever time its repeated during the day though

Anyone get the feeling that the offices of the North Side Post will not be damaged, and the paper will be reporting on the fire in its next issue.

Where has Sarah gone.

well renee having sympathy in this scenario is difficult; Floyd being her son and all that and was in her life a lot longer than Heather. I dont doubt that she's not the best wife, but I do feel that she cares about Ellies feelings. And she used to care about people before anyway, wasnt ellie named after Jo's late sister.

I'm sure she does care about Eleanor. Heather is a not a black and white character, I suppose. She only found Renee, her birth mother, some time back and her own adoptive mother has died, maybe she thinks that she and Brendan should now stick together. Maybe they both stick together for the sake of their daughter.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Anyone get the feeling that the offices of the North Side Post will not be damaged, and the paper will be reporting on the fire in its next issue.

Where has Sarah gone.

I had thought that Louie had bought the paper.

• Advertisement

I had thought that Louie had bought the paper.

No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement