Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

YFlyer wrote: »
    A woman on the late Ryanair flight out of Gatwick to Shannon walked up to the front of the plane then turned back and asked the flight attendant 'Is the ladies toilet down this way?' I nearly spite out my wine :D

And your smoked salmon sandwich :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

homer911 wrote: »
    Anyone travelled on the new ryanair planes with the thinner seats?
    I thought they were comfortable.
    The overhead bins are huge !
    Much prefer the new interior, but (despite flying very frequently) I only came across these new planes only once so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

otnomart wrote: »
    I thought they were comfortable.
    The overhead bins are huge !
    Much prefer the new interior, but (despite flying very frequently) I only came across these new planes only once so far.

Me too, I fly fairly regularly, only been on the NG aircraft once - the interior is much better and the overhead bins are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Must be me so. I am 6' 4" and never found the Ryanair seats very comfortable - definitely designed for someone smaller. Back still sore!

I do agree that the colour scheme is much easier on the eyes and the pivoting bins are easier to use, although I nearly cracked someone on the head when I opened mine after the flight - I'm waiting to hear about the first case of concussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yup I've been on the new ones a couple of times now. I much prefer the new seats. It feels like you've loads of room.

Separate note, the folks flew into Stansted last night. Both on the same booking and checked in at same time. They were allocated seats away from each other. The mother is not impressed. I've not asked when check in was done. They're really pushing people to pay for allocated seats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Anyone got any pics of this new interior (yes I am lazy and cba googling, plus I'm on my way out the door!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

hdowney wrote: »
    Anyone got any pics of this new interior (yes I am lazy and cba googling, plus I'm on my way out the door!)

2FBCA56B00000578-3381937-image-a-20_1451745757275.jpg

MUCH better than the older design.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Oooh that is much nicer on the eyes. Here's hoping I fly on the new planes later this year. The BRIGHT yellow at 6am was never nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Much much nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

testicles wrote: »

That's odd, did you try another browser or check if you have any addons (ad block) that might interfere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

The Irish Times reporting today on Ryanair random allocated seating splitting people up:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ryanair-denies-deliberately-separating-passengers-to-make-money-1.3110490

Definitely experienced this myself recently, and it was apparent on the flight that a lot of other people did as well. Despite the claims from Ryanair, this is definitely either a change in policy, or a change in the seat allocation rules. Either way its a case of gouging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

homer911 wrote: »
    The Irish Times reporting today on Ryanair random allocated seating splitting people up:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ryanair-denies-deliberately-separating-passengers-to-make-money-1.3110490

Definitely experienced this myself recently, and it was apparent on the flight that a lot of other people did as well. Despite the claims from Ryanair, this is definitely either a change in policy, or a change in the seat allocation rules. Either way its a case of gouging!

I know 6 people that have experienced this in the last 3 weeks and there was a discussion on a UK forum discussing the same thing. And it happened on the return flights too.

Typical O Leary, tries to find any angle possible to piss off the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I really don't get why people are making a big song and dance about not getting allocated seats together. With Children under 8 I can understand. However over that, what's the big deal.
    Yeah so you mightn't be able to sit beside your son/friend/gf/wife for an hour or two.

Whoop dee doo. It's a short flight, people should relax. You're either going to be with the person your flying with for the next few days or you've just spent the last few days in each others company.
    During which time both would have spent the time of that flight ignoring each other with their heads in their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I really don't get why people are making a big song and dance about not getting allocated seats together. With Children under 8 I can understand. However over that, what's the big deal.
    Yeah so you mightn't be able to sit beside your son/friend/gf/wife for an hour or two.

Whoop dee doo. It's a short flight, people should relax. You're either going to be with the person your flying with for the next few days or you've just spent the last few days in each others company.
    During which time both would have spent the time of that flight ignoring each other with their heads in their phones.

Sit beside a fat smelly slob who falls asleep before takeoff, utilising both armrests and leaving no opportunity for you to get out and go to the bathroom on your lovely 4 hour flight to Lanzarote and let me know if you feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dymo wrote: »

Typical O Leary, tries to find any angle possible to piss off the customer.

Nobodys stopping you from paying 1.5-3x for the same flight with Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Sit beside a fat smelly slob who falls asleep before takeoff, utilising both armrests and leaving no opportunity for you to get out and go to the bathroom on your lovely 4 hour flight to Lanzarote and let me know if you feel the same.

That can happen with or without paying for assigned seats.

ED E wrote: »
    Nobodys stopping you from paying 1.5-3x for the same flight with Aer Lingus.

And sometimes less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Never hear of waking someone up ? A gentle dig works wonders.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Never hear of waking someone up ? A gentle dig works wonders.

The touchdown of the aircraft was hardly enough to wake this yoke up, say he had a few relaxing drinks before the flight, I could smell them anyway.

Not getting allocated a seat beside your friend/family shouldn't be any big deal to a few adults.Different story for a parent and kids but anyone over 18 needs to calm the **** down .

That can happen with or without paying for assigned seats.

Not when you cushion yourself with family members to your left (or right) ;)

yabadabado wrote: »
    Not getting allocated a seat beside your friend/family shouldn't be any big deal to a few adults.Different story for a parent and kids but anyone over 18 needs to calm the **** down .

Are you serious though? Yeah don't throw a fit like an entitled little **** but it's pretty obvious why people would like to seated with their companions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are you serious though? Yeah don't throw a fit like an entitled little **** but it's pretty obvious why people would like to seated with their companions.

Language in this post is unnecessary/excessive. Calm it down.,

Just in case I wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular in my post just a general remark.

I'm deadly serious. If I want to guarantee a seat beside my companions then I can pay for it or take my chances with the seat allocator.
    Is it ideal obviously not but I can survive surrounded by strangers for a few hours if I need to.

It's a seat on a plane for a few hours nothing to be getting worked up about imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

The issue is not being seated apart when you leave it til 4 days before and there are only single seats left, it's intentionally being seated apart while plenty of available seats. Yes most adults can survive a flight alone but why intentionally?

• Advertisement

tina1040 wrote: »
    The issue is not being seated apart when you leave it til 4 days before and there are only single seats left, it's intentionally being seated apart while plenty of available seats. Yes most adults can survive a flight alone but why intentionally?

I thought it was fairly obvious.

Advertisement