Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Ryanair won't always put people in the same party together, even if they check in at the same time.

That's annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I think 4 hours before departure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm 99% sure it is four hours in advance of the flight.

I checked in eight hours early for a flight two weeks ago and got put into seat 1A which I thought was interesting.

I checked in a few hours before a flight, all 3 of us in row 2. Checked in the morning of an afternoon flight, 2 of us in the emergency exit seats.
    I'll always check in as close to the flight as I can in future

• Advertisement

Is it safe to cut it so fine? My flight is at 0600 so I could leave checking in until 0155?

Well, I think I'd give it a little more time than that! What if something goes wrong with the app? Or the internet goes down or something?
    When you going? I'd be interested to see if the same thing works for you re the seats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Could you do a dummy run to buy a flight, opt for buying a seat and see what's left?

I left it late in December - maybe 7 hours - and got 33A.

On the same subject I tried print off boarding fairly late recently with AL. Tried to see what was available - saw none together - so I accepted the sit anywhere option and was allocated two together that weren't for sale a few mins previously!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ryanair's free seat allocation goes like this;

33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

Check in later to get a better seat.

Although, my recent flight from London myself and my friend were in separate rows despite being on the same booking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Ryanair's free seat allocation goes like this;

33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

Check in later to get a better seat.

Although, my recent flight from London myself and my friend were in separate rows despite being on the same booking.

It used to but it changed in recent weeks.

31 and 32 is higher in the list now,

From someone who always used to pay for seat 32C to get three seats to themselves.

I used to pay for the emergency exit seats but found 32C better value as 19/20 I got three seats to myself and more room than an emergency exit seat with two people sitting next to me.

devnull wrote: »
    I used to pay for the emergency exit seats but found 32C better value as 19/20 I got three seats to myself and more room than an emergency exit seat with two people sitting next to me.

I always book 32/33 C or F

Basic Row Order:
    33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

However it had a few caveats.
    (a) If you booked a middle seat and are one the party the other two seats beside you will go right to the top of the queue.
    (b) If you book two seats in a single row the remaining seat in your block of three would be put at the top of the queue

When Ryanair originally started assigned seating, (a) and (b) did not apply, however because people were being separated these caveats were put in place to make it less likely that children and parents would be separated. Therefore seats with no free seat next to them are always allocated first for solo travelers.

So therefore the true priority for solo travelers was

Single seats in 33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

THEN

If there is no single seats, any seat in 33, 20, 19, 22, 15, 24, 12, 26, 10, 28, 8, 30, 18, 21, 14, 23, 11, 25, 9, 27, 29, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 17, 16, 31, 32

Therefore your very best way of checking in to get seats next to you used to be 32C and 32D.

I was told this by Cabin Crew! :)

Unfortunately it is certainly different now, because when checking the seat-map I'm seeing 31 and 32 gone a lot with the majority number of premium seats at the front of the plane not filled where previously 31 and 32 you could bet on always being there.

By the way, caveats (a) and (b) still apply to this day, it's just the order of the rows that has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I has found out that you can add baggage via the app for €25. The website is demanding €40.

This is true. On the website today it's showing €38pp/p leg. On the app it's showing €20pp/p leg!!

hdowney wrote: »
    This is true. On the website today it's showing €38pp/p leg. On the app it's showing €20pp/p leg!!

Funny quirk that sometimes occurs, but they generally fix it, but take it while it is going!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eire girl

If you book your bags through the app do you then have to follow through & check in through the app or can you still check in/print boarding passes on a computer? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Eire girl wrote: »
    If you book your bags through the app do you then have to follow through & check in through the app or can you still check in/print boarding passes on a computer? Thanks!

Of course you can, purchasing add ons and check in have no correlation.

Infact, you can print off from a computer and access passes from a phone at the same time. (Just dont use one at security and the other at the gate)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eire girl

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Of course you can, purchasing add ons and check in have no correlation.

Infact, you can print off from a computer and access passes from a phone at the same time. (Just dont use one at security and the other at the gate)

Grand, thanks, just wasn't sure if you were tied in to using one format whether you had to stick to that or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

A few little things I noticed at the weekend having not flown RYR for about three/four years.

Checked in at +4 days on the outbound leg. Row 20. Checked in about 18hrs before on the inbound leg, row 23. If the row order above is anything to be believed then the vast majority of people must check in on the morning or day of their flight. A few of our party did this and were in rows 3, 7 and 10 etc.

I had no trouble swapping seats before takeoff. I sat down in 20E as allocated, party of three rocked up to sit in 20C, D and F. Two of my own party were in 20 A and B so we naturally swapped on the spot. Crew simply didn't care or notice.

Cabin bag only and it was checked for free both times. Zero hassle at either carousel - bag was there within 60 seconds of reaching for both legs. If anything it was less hassle than having to haul it in and out of the overhead bins but you may want to keep a laptop etc on your person in its own small bag to avoid not having access to it.

Overall I'm delighted with them. It's no frills but I expected no frills and for me the lack of these things means boarding goes faster and the flight arrives on time. Easy when you're prepared for it.

sdanseo wrote: »

I sat down in 20E as allocated, party of three rocked up to sit in 20C, D and F. Two of my own party were in 20 A and B so we naturally swapped on the spot.

Cabin bag only and it was checked for free both times. Zero hassle at either carousel - bag was there within 60 seconds of reaching for both legs. If anything it was less hassle than having to haul it in and out of the overhead bins .......

Were the three of you on the one booking? If so, odd that they would allocate two of you to 20a and 20b and the third to 20e? Or were you on two seperate bookings and just checking in at approx the same time?

When you say checked in do you mean handed up at boarding gate? Or actually checked in? I agree with the speed of bags arriving on the carousel and the pleasure of not carrying them on board. Had the exact experience in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

joeysoap wrote: »
    Were the three of you on the one booking? If so, odd that they would allocate two of you to 20a and 20b and the third to 20e? Or were you on two seperate bookings and just checking in at approx the same time?

All on different bookings, there were 9 of us altogether.
    joeysoap wrote: »
    When you say checked in do you mean handed up at boarding gate? Or actually checked in? I agree with the speed of bags arriving on the carousel and the pleasure of not carrying them on board. Had the exact experience in April.

Taken off us at the gate because of the 90-bag rule. Didn't seem to be just wheelie bags either, one of the lads had a biggish holdall that was also checked, and there was a bit of space left in the overheads - but we weren't bothered in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

A woman on the late Ryanair flight out of Gatwick to Shannon walked up to the front of the plane then turned back and asked the flight attendant 'Is the ladies toilet down this way?' I nearly spite out my wine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Anyone travelled on the new ryanair planes with the thinner seats? Was on a flight back from Nice at the weekend and experienced one of these - the seats are terrible - I've had a bad back all week as a result, zero lumbar support - this is a real turn-off for future flights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

homer911 wrote: »
    Anyone travelled on the new ryanair planes with the thinner seats? Was on a flight back from Nice at the weekend and experienced one of these - the seats are terrible - I've had a bad back all week as a result, zero lumbar support - this is a real turn-off for future flights

Found them fine to be honest, and flew back from Nice on one of them myself. Slightly improved legroom too with the thinner seats.

• Advertisement

I found them ok too. Definitely gives a feeling of more space, especially overhead with the new overhead bins.

Advertisement