Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

That's brilliant, thank you very much. Gonna waste a lot of time now checking flights :)
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

gizmo81 wrote: »
    That's brilliant, thank you very much. Gonna waste a lot of time now checking flights :)

Look for one airline out, another back, can some times work out cheaper also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Thanks, I have set up alerts on Skyscanner.

Was just wondering should i bite the bullet or hold out.
    ive been tracking prices for Dublin-Memmingen in the late summer for dates that suit me and they are mostly over 200 and every so often it dips down to 170 or so.

also, have you actually checked other airlines ? (i.e. use skyscanner, rather than believe the hype that Ryanair is always the cheapest option ! )
    For the weekend of the 7-10 July, aer lingus has flights for €170 whereas the cheapest ryanair option is €198. If youre flexible on dates you'll get it cheaper again.

• Advertisement

It says a 95% chance of a price drop :)

It's currently around mid point on the rate range,

So fingers crossed. I've favourited Air Hint, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mattser

you shamed the travel company or you shamed ryanair?

Travel company of course. Hence the brackets. Ryanair delI've red for me. As usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

If booking a single flight from another country (non-?) to Ireland, is there any way to display the price in Euro.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    If booking a single flight from another country (non-?) to Ireland, is there any way to display the price in Euro.

I'm not sure but you can chose to select what currency you pay in. I regularly book one way flights from Poland to Ireland, price is shown in PLN and I have a choice to pay in EUR or PLN at end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

trellheim wrote: »
    Ryanair have moved to an Aer-Lingus type baggage checkin in Dublin, in the last 7 days ; rather than leave your bag straight onto the scales they have now put the scales into the middle of the checkin area

No reason given as to the change , it adds extra manual labour for no particular reason ( lug your bag from one place to another )

We used it last week. Its a bit like self check-outs in the supermarket, they can have 10 or so tills (scales/conveyer belts in this case) covered by much fewer staff members. It will also help get through any potential queues more quickly as they would never normally have all those check-in desks manned. It actually worked very well for us even though we did need assistance to get tags for the baby's buggy.

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    We used it last week. Its a bit like self check-outs in the supermarket, they can have 10 or so tills (scales/conveyer belts in this case) covered by much fewer staff members. It will also help get through any potential queues more quickly as they would never normally have all those check-in desks manned. It actually worked very well for us even though we did need assistance to get tags for the baby's buggy.

I used it also, 3 weeks ago, only issue was my bad was 15.2KG, on a 15kg limit, and I couldn't proceed, needed assistance, which in fairness, was quick to come. With the machines, there is no leeway at all, at a human level, Ryanair have upped their game and allowed some flexibility. I don't usually need a carry on bag at all, but as we were going for a wedding, we had extra shoes, suits and whiskey!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Can anyone tell me how Ryanair can raise their baggage fees from €134 to €195 for two 20kg bags in the space of 2 days??

I went to book my bags last Friday but I didn’t have my passports so decided to leave the check in until last night. I went to book my bags in and found that the price had gone up nearly €70 in 48 hours. How can they get away with this sort of thing?

Does anyone know if these would likely fall again in the near future??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

You don't need your passport to add baggage, nor do you need to check in to do so, it can be done whenever so long as the booking has been made.

Ryanair like to randomly change their prices. My baggage cost me 30 euro for 20kg bag, and then the other day it was 24 euro and today its 45 euro.

It seems to be completely random but I can only imagine it would go up a couple of days before the flight as that's when people realize they might need to check in bags.

You don't need your passport to add baggage, nor do you need to check in to do so, it can be done whenever so long as the booking has been made.

Ryanair like to randomly change their prices. My baggage cost me 30 euro for 20kg bag, and then the other day it was 24 euro and today its 45 euro.

It seems to be completely random but I can only imagine it would go up a couple of days before the flight as that's when people realize they might need to check in bags.

I completely understand that i didn't require the passports to check the bags in, I was just looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and do both at the same time. I never thought for one second they would jack the price up by over half the original figure. The problem I have is how on earth can they raise the price by that much almost overnight and for no reason whatsoever.

Leisure+ is good value, but we generally book only one of us on that fare, and then do the rest of the family on a separate, regular fare, as you can't book the 2 types on one PNR.

So from reading these replies, I guess I’m barking up the wrong tree if I think that the fees may still come down over the next few days or so!!

I’m still just amazed at the level of increase in this fee.

Hendrickp wrote: »
    So from reading these replies, I guess I’m barking up the wrong tree if I think that the fees may still come down over the next few days or so!!

I’m still just amazed at the level of increase in this fee.

No! i wouldn't bank on it..where are you going that you need an additional 40kg of baggage??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Always book baggage when you're booking the holiday or trip, I find you can be caught rotten otherwise.

No! i wouldn't bank on it..where are you going that you need an additional 40kg of baggage??

Off to Portaventura in Salou with 2 young children so 2 large bags definitely needed.

• Advertisement

Off to Portaventura in Salou with 2 young children so 2 large bags definitely needed.

It would probably work out cheaper to bring less & just get stuff washed over there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭irelandrover

bubblypop wrote: »
    It would probably work out cheaper to bring less & just get stuff washed over there

But then you spend a day washing clothes. Who wants to do that on your holidays.

You get 10kg each (unless the kids are under 2), that's 40kg, surely one 15kg bag extra is plenty?

But then you spend a day washing clothes. Who wants to do that on your holidays.

No you don't!!
    You leave a bag of dirty clothes into a cleaners, then you pick up a bag of nice clean clothes...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No you don't!!
    You leave a bag of dirty clothes into a cleaners, then you pick up a bag of nice clean clothes...

Have you ever seen the prices they charge, far cheaper to bring a bag of clothes.

Have you ever seen the prices they charge, far cheaper to bring a bag of clothes.

Seriously?
    You would rather pay 40something Euro on a suitcase, then 10/15 Euro on washing? And that's expensive. I've never paid more than 7 or 8 Euro for washing. And you don't have to lug around heavy cases!
    But each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seriously?
    You would rather pay 40something Euro on a suitcase, then 10/15 Euro on washing? And that's expensive. I've never paid more than 7 or 8 Euro for washing. And you don't have to lug around heavy cases!
    But each to their own

?15 to get a weeks worth of clothes cleaned, I don't think so in any EU country. I also prefer having all my clothes with me and not needing to worry about will the cleaners lose my clothes, shrink them, ruin them with dye, have them ready on time etc.

You get 10kg each (unless the kids are under 2), that's 40kg, surely one 15kg bag extra is plenty?

I've only got the 1 cabin size bag, so I'd have to buy 2-3 new cabin size suitcases just to avail of the free 10kg allowance. So 2 of those type bags will probably cost me €60-€70 plus another €80 for the 15kg checked bag.

If I can get my hands on a couple of small cases from the family it might be worth my while, so thanks for the info.

I've only got the 1 cabin size bag, so I'd have to buy 2-3 new cabin size suitcases just to avail of the free 10kg allowance. So 2 of those type bags will probably cost me €60-€70 plus another €80 for the 15kg checked bag.

If I can get my hands on a couple of small cases from the family it might be worth my while, so thanks for the info.

I picked up good cabin bags inn Heatons recently for under €40. If you plan on going on holidays every year, they are a good investment in the long run! Enjoy your holiday

• Advertisement

I picked up good cabin bags inn Heatons recently for under €40. If you plan on going on holidays every year, they are a good investment in the long run! Enjoy your holiday

I'll keep an eye out for some cheap ones. Thanks

Advertisement