Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus new USA sale from €249 one-way incl T+C

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

woooo232 wrote: »
    I got some sweet flights for under 200 euro to NYC but for some reason it won't recognise my address:confused:

I've been trying all day with 3 different cards but no luck. And I clicked on the outside the US option and as I'm in Dublin we have a post code which I have been entering.... But this is head wrecking!

Did anyone else have a similar problem and if so how did you solve it??

what dates are you choosing, I'm looking to book late jan but the cheapest i get is €480 appox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Leon11 wrote: »
    what dates are you choosing, I'm looking to book late jan but the cheapest i get is €480 appox

I'm booking for mid February. Just booked them actually with a different credit card which acepted my address! 4 flights to JFK for €791.... SWEEEET:D:D

Are you going to the third page? Mine were more expensive but when I clicked through to page 3 it said that they had found cheaper flights.

For the Mods, perhaps this thread should be renamed as it really isn't about the Aer Lingus flight sale anymore and more ppl would probably check it out if they realised what it was really about.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

LisaO wrote: »
    Booked today - 3 return flights Dublin to JFK via Gatwick with Ba for 777 USD :D

No problems entering address as far as I can remember- entered first line in the address box bit & then rest in the boxes for outside US address.
    any chancee ye could putup the dates ye got them at (after booking obviously) so the rest of us cantake advantage, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

any chancee ye could putup the dates ye got them at (after booking obviously) so the rest of us cantake advantage, cheers.

9 Dec 2008: Dublin- Gatwick with A-- L----s, Gatwick-JFK with BA
    14 Dec 2008: JFK-Gatwick, Gatwick-Dublin, both BA flights

I gather from other posts that I can book in on-line, book bags right through from Dublin, etc - am I right in thinking I can do this via BA website?

My E-ticket only gives record locator no. for Aer Lng - anyone know how I can get the BA record locator as well?

BTW - excellent thread that must have saved people many many €€ by now :)

Word of advice to anyone who thinks they may have missed out - keep checking the Cheaptickets website. I originally found it via this thread at end of July & found almost identical flights to above but didn't book because I was initially a bit wary due to negative stories, etc. Then when I went back to book them flights had gone & prices had gone way back up. Kept checking every other day or so & then this week got the flights above. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

If you phone BA and give them the details of your flight they will be able to give you the Booking Reference. Very handy for managaing it online.

My understanding is that when you check-in in Dublin they will let you check the bags right through-no need to do anything on the BA website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 inea

The transfer between heathrow terminals on these flights is 1h45...is this enough time if bags are checked through from dublin and boarding card got in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

ye that's loads of time, I got "held" up getting eye scans done in Heathrow on the way back, still managed to get through in 35-40mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Good to hear others are getting good deals also!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got a trip booked to NY 2nd September via Heathrow. I've got confirmation email from Cheapickets etc. Is there anything else i need to do before i depart, like get a locator no. or something? Just seen people asking about BA locator numbers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭shalom

Hi,

I was looking on the website www.hotukdeals.com just now and came across something very similar on their website. I don't know how to post a link and I apologise for this. Maybe someone could do it. Anyway when you go to there site if you look on the right hand side of the page it says 'Hottest this week'
    And under that it has 'Amazing flights deal from UK to USA.'

The OP goes on to say that the fuel surcharge was omitted etc. I couldn't find any good priced flights from Ireland but thought that it was relevant to this post......

Thanks to OP here for this post hopefully I will book soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

shalom wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking on the website www.hotukdeals.com just now and came across something very similar on their website. I don't know how to post a link and I apologise for this. Maybe someone could do it. Anyway when you go to there site if you look on the right hand side of the page it says 'Hottest this week'
    And under that it has 'Amazing flights deal from UK to USA.'

The OP goes on to say that the fuel surcharge was omitted etc. I couldn't find any good priced flights from Ireland but thought that it was relevant to this post......

Thanks to OP here for this post hopefully I will book soon.

The flight deals on this one r crazy cheap. I just checked on there flying London - San fran from 13th Oct to 23 oct for €163!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Anybody booked flights to the States using Aer Lingus and Virgin on cheaptickets.com? I've just booked 4 of us going to Orlando for $1795 (€1204), Thats HALF the price its costing on Aer Lingus's USA sale at the moment. Just wondering about on-line bag checking etc..etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

U gotta laugh at that aerlingus sale... I booked two tickets to san fran before the sale for €1200... Same tickets are €2000 in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cheaptickets.com seems like the only way to go guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

kingaaa wrote: »
    Anybody booked flights to the States using Aer Lingus and Virgin on cheaptickets.com? I've just booked 4 of us going to Orlando for $1795 (€1204), Thats HALF the price its costing on Aer Lingus's USA sale at the moment. Just wondering about on-line bag checking etc..etc..

Do you mind if I ask what dates or even what month thats for? Im looking for similar flights. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Haven't booked using cheaptickets but have travelled on a similar route before (AL to UK and then Virgin to US) and you can check bags straight through to US from Dublin Airport (and straight through to Dublin from orlando)

The flight we were on were on differing days but once its on the same e-ticket its fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I got 4 tickets to Orlando in September for €880 total( flying Aerlingus and BA) and 2 rooms in a 5 star hotel for 1600 for 12 nights from priceline. my only worry now is the weather.

Just got an email cofirming the flights, but the strange thing is under the purchase confirmation section it reads :

Total airfare: $1,393.81USD (including taxes)
    $1,393.81USD (including taxes)

This is a lot lower than the $1795 I was quoted, when do they take the rest out?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

Can we continue about these fares in this new thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57160479#post57160479 ??

Can we continue about these fares in this new thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57160479#post57160479 ??

Good idea teresa, just thought I'd ask a couple of questions on this thread as the majority of posters seem to have used cheaptickets.com.

What about checking bags online? can it be done for both flights? do I pay extra?

• Advertisement
Advertisement