Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus new USA sale from €249 one-way incl T+C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

no, its not working for me at all, the original price stays with it all through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

kingaaa wrote: »
    no, its not working for me at all, the original price stays with it all through the process.

Did you pick the same times? (it was second down on the list) - also dont select that you prefer the direct flight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

no I selected dates in january, probably to early for a sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

I got a rate of $328.52 for Dublin to Los Angeles, Nov 22-30, which includes taxes and fees. Aer Lingus to Heathrow and BA to LAX. Thats around €207 !!

However, reviews of cheaptickets.com on Google are very poor. Does anyone have experience of them, good or bad? Are they trustworthy? The fare seems too good to be true.

The same dates on BA.com come to €536. Unfortunately Aer Lingus stop flying the LA route on November 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

chabsey wrote: »
    What's going on? Those flights cost $1,213.86, where does it say $338?

Well I got it for $338 but it said:

Great news! We found an even lower fare for this itinerary. Act fast to take advantage of this fare before it expires.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

pauly3 wrote: »
    I got a rate of $328.52 for Dublin to Los Angeles, Nov 22-30, which includes taxes and fees. Aer Lingus to Heathrow and BA to LAX. Thats around €207 !!

However, reviews of cheaptickets.com on Google are very poor. Does anyone have experience of them, good or bad? Are they trustworthy? The fare seems too good to be true.

The same dates on BA.com come to €536. Unfortunately Aer Lingus stop flying the LA route on November 2 :(

You're right. Having read those reviews im going to avoid them. Sometimes things are just too good to be true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Had a bad experience with booking a return flight. Clicked the final button and it only confirmed the first leg, left the return leg unconfirmed so was stuck in limbo and of course couldn't get the same price. Cost me an extra €100 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

I've used CheapTickets.com in the past to book flights to the US and have had no problems at all. It does take a while for the flights to become confirmed however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'd be wary of booking flights through online booking agents, my mother had a very bad experience with AlphaRooms recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

None of the low flight are coming up for me on cheaptickets. Even using the dates show the price goes up after I select it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Will probably book the flight to LA today but am starting to think it may not be such a good idea from what people are saying on here.

What is so bad about Cheaptickets anyhow?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkie5

I booked dates yesterday with them to NY for November, came in at same price as others mentioned yesterdsay, but got email this am that flights could not be booked at that price and that my credit card had not been charged etc.. So not sure if these prices will actually be available at all. Let me know if anyone actually gets confirmation at these prices.

Hi guys,
    I have done some research on these guys online and 99% of the reviews are bad ;-( It seems that if you need to change anything in relation to the flights it can be a nightmare. Has anyone apart from treasureaunt booked flights with them and had no issues?

@treasureaunt,
    How long ago was it when you booked? Did u book long in advance of the actual departure date?

madmoe wrote: »
    @treasureaunt,
    How long ago was it when you booked? Did u book long in advance of the actual departure date?

I book DUB-LHR-JFK return back in April for flights at the end of May. Then I booked a seperate JFK-LAX return segment. Had no problems.

What online booking sites let you make changes after you've booked flights though?

I haven't booked any flights yet (waiting for payment to clear on my credit card) but I know a few that have and they haven't gotten an email back saying the flights could not be purchased ASAIK.

@aunt,
    Good to hear. Thanx for that.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭crushproof

Aer Lingus always seem to be the cheapest whenever I compare flights on skyscanner. If you look up flights from the US to any country Ireland is always the cheapest European country.
    Some flights are coming up for me at under €450 return. Pretty decent if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

corkie5 wrote: »
    I booked dates yesterday with them to NY for November, came in at same price as others mentioned yesterdsay, but got email this am that flights could not be booked at that price and that my credit card had not been charged etc.. So not sure if these prices will actually be available at all. Let me know if anyone actually gets confirmation at these prices.

I booked flights this morning for 6 people New York Return on fri 7th Novem to the 11th!!I got it for €214 each ...Thats return..shocking price

This morning it said it may take up to 24hrs to confirm the flights!!!

I got an email just there confirming the flights and we got ticket numbers and all...so its all good so far!!anyone else get this far..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Pertty sh!t sale for a pretty sh!t airline...
    Fuel Surcharge:The fare above does not include a fuel surcharge of EUR100.00. The fuel surcharge amount will be included in the total price for this journey.
    that's an additional 200Euro on a return flight - F*** off

1200 is a piss poor 'Sale' price for 2 adults to SF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭crushproof

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    I booked flights this morning for 6 people New York Return on fri 7th Novem to the 11th!!I got it for €214 each ...Thats return..shocking price

This morning it said it may take up to 24hrs to confirm the flights!!!

I got an email just there confirming the flights and we got ticket numbers and all...so its all good so far!!anyone else get this far..?

214 return???? I highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

crushproof wrote: »

then i highly recommend you go check it out for yourself as he's not the only one that got them for that price, me included!!!

• Advertisement

EMAIL I JUST GOT

Hello x,

Thanks for traveling with CheapTickets. This e-mail confirms the ticket number(s) issued for the "New York 11/7/08" trip.

Add a Hotel and save an extra $30.
    Use promotion code x when booking.
    Complete your trip : book a car, or see top things to do in New York

Ticket Information
    Passenger(s): x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Aer Lingus record locator: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Ticket type requested: electronic (e-ticket)
    CheapTickets record locator: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Airline ticket number(s): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday, November 7, 2008
    Aer Lingus # 164

Dublin (DUB) to London Heathrow (LHR)
    Departure (DUB): November 7, 1:15 PM GMT (afternoon)
    Arrival (LHR): November 7, 2:30 PM GMT (afternoon)
    Class: Economy

Seat request: choose seats
    Friday, November 7, 2008
    British Airways # 115

London Heathrow (LHR) to New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK)
    Departure (LHR): November 7, 4:00 PM GMT (afternoon)
    Arrival (JFK): November 7, 6:45 PM EST (evening)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008
    British Airways # 2172

New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK) to London Gatwick (LGW)
    Departure (JFK): November 11, 6:00 PM EST (evening)
    Arrival (LGW): November 12, 6:05 AM GMT (morning)

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
    Aer Lingus # 243

London Gatwick (LGW) to Dublin (DUB)
    Departure (LGW): November 12, 8:45 AM GMT (morning)
    Arrival (DUB): November 12, 10:05 AM GMT (morning)

This is an overnight flight.

Have your travel plans changed? Many tickets can be exchanged or cancelled online by visiting "My trips" and clicking the Change/cancel airline ticket option.

Cost and billing summary
    Purchase Confirmation

Total airfare: $1,907.70 (including taxes)
    Total trip cost: $1,955.64 USD

Billing Information
    Credit card holder's name: x
    Credit card type: MasterCard
    Credit card number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Address:
    xxxxx
    Ireland

Thats the email i just recieved!!

Have you read the whole thread?
    crushproof wrote:
    Aer Lingus always seem to be the cheapest whenever I compare flights on skyscanner. If you look up flights from the US to any country Ireland is always the cheapest European country.

SkyScanner is mainly for European carriers. Try FareCompare.com for the US carriers.

Maybe someone could seperate this thread in two? One for Aer Lingus sale and another for the DUB-LHR-JFK/LAX/SFO etc discount deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

As I said I have use cheaptickets..
    In fact my visa arrived and the full return to NYC bill is 310 euros :)

Bags are not included.. Lingus contacted me to book my bags in at 12 euros but I cant log on as the booking says that the email used to log in is not the email used to book ?
    I assume the email used was from cheaptickets...
    Any ideas ??

sunny2004 wrote: »
    As I said I have use cheaptickets..
    In fact my visa arrived and the full return to NYC bill is 310 euros :)

Bags are not included.. Lingus contacted me to book my bags in at 12 euros but I cant log on as the booking says that the email used to log in is not the email used to book ?
    I assume the email used was from cheaptickets...
    Any ideas ??

When did u book the tickets??when are ya going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

Has anyone here booked low-fare flights with cheaptickets.com and then, after having them confirmed, checked their ticket information directly with the airlines involved? Or has anyone already flown on one of these cheap tickets and had no trouble along the way?

Just booked two multi city trips with them for October for myself and the other half. Dub to LAX going over, then San Fran to Dublin back. One came in at about 400 euro and the other 275, they are different dates, I am staying a week longer. Mental cheap prices, lets hope they honour them!

Just waiting for the e-mail confirmation to come through now, fingers and toes firmly crossed!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Has anyone here booked low-fare flights with cheaptickets.com and then, after having them confirmed, checked their ticket information directly with the airlines involved? Or has anyone already flown on one of these cheap tickets and had no trouble along the way?

I have, as mentioned above the only problem is booking the Bags online...
    Lingus sent me an invite to book them but wont allow me to as the "booking" email address from cheaptickets is not my address.. so I cant do it..
    need a number for customoer support I thing.. :)

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I have, as mentioned above the only problem is booking the Bags online...
    Lingus sent me an invite to book them but wont allow me to as the "booking" email address from cheaptickets is not my address.. so I cant do it..
    need a number for customoer support I thing.. :)

If you ring up EI's online customer service number they'll be able to find your record locator tag - but I don't know if you'll be able to log in and view flight details on the EI website. I know I wasn't able to anyway. Maybe if you asked for the email, or change the email it might work?

Hi all,
    Got an e-mail confirming the first part of the flight and what I think is the confirmation number for the flight i.e. from Dublin to Heathrow with Aer Lingus. Is this confirmation number the same for the BA flight to LA or should I expect another e-mail?

Coming back it says this:
    Friday, October 31, 2008
    British Airways # 5959 Operated by: AER LINGUS LIMITED - Please check in with the operating carrier?

Maybe I need to call Aer Lingus now?

Cheers,
    M

Update:
    Just called cheaptickets.com, customer service agent seemed a bit iffy and the first time he put me on hold I though, here we go, but in fairness he got me both BA reference numbers I needed and all is good, the flights are booked and confirmed. I can now manage them both directly from the BA website. So far so good! I'll be telling anyone I know about www.cheaptickets.com

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Got an e-mail confirming the first part of the flight and what I think is the confirmation number for the flight i.e. from Dublin to Heathrow with Aer Lingus. Is this confirmation number the same for the BA flight to LA or should I expect another e-mail?

Coming back it says this:
    Friday, October 31, 2008
    British Airways # 5959 Operated by: AER LINGUS LIMITED - Please check in with the operating carrier?

Maybe I need to call Aer Lingus now?

Cheers,
    M

I think AA and BA have codeshare agreements. At checkin at DUB, they should be able to check you in the whole way to the US.

Did you get an BA record locator with your email confirmation?

Advertisement