Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CheapTickets.com - cheap fares to USA

Options
  • 05-09-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I first posted about this in the Aer Lingus thread a while back. I'm making this new thread to make more people aware of the deals.

Search on www.cheaptickets.com and the trick is to click through to the individual flight information and the fare will go down.

Some sample fares:
    Dublin to Orlando €1204 for 4 people. with BA and Virgin.
    Cork - Heathrow with Aer Lingus, Heathrow - Phoenix with BA. €545 return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Maybe a mod could merge the other Aer Lingus thread into this one? As there is a lot of useful info in the Aer Lingus sale thread about cheaptickets.com it just has the wrong name.

Great site. I got four flights from Dub -JFK for €792.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Just looking to book flights to New York next March. I can get flights from Cork - London - New York return for $315.00 This seems to be too good to be true.
    Have people used this website before and had any troubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

woooo232 wrote: »
    Maybe a mod could merge the other Aer Lingus thread into this one? As there is a lot of useful info in the Aer Lingus sale thread about cheaptickets.com it just has the wrong name.

Great site. I got four flights from Dub -JFK for €792.

Was that before or after tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

Reganovski wrote: »
    Just looking to book flights to New York next March. I can get flights from Cork - London - New York return for $297.64. This seems to be too good to be true.
    Have people used this website before and have any troubles?

I cant see where your getting this fare from. I keep getting quoted prices around $618.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

isnt there loads of horror stories online about this site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

As suggested originally by the OP, may i suggest that anybody not familiar with the 'CheapTickets.com' site, conditions, possible pit falls or extraordinary prices please refer to the Aer Lingus thread linked above.
    It's ALL there.Every question answered, personal experiences etc.

May i also suggest that if you do read that thread and you are in the market for flights, that you consider all pro's/con's and either book or don't book depending if you are comfortable doing so.
    At the end of the day nobody here can make that decision for you.

*yawn* It will avoid going over the same old, same old already discussed on the other thread.

louis626 wrote: »
    I cant see where your getting this fare from. I keep getting quoted prices around $618.:confused:

Flying around St Patricks Day. You need to go nearly all the way to the end to get the final price. Aer Lingus to London and BA to New York. Same on return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Wow we saved around £1000 sterling on the cost of flights from Dublin to Orlando in June 2009. Stunning savings TBH!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

so is the cheapest price that on the page where you enter cc details?
    It gave me the cheaper deal messeage but when I clicked thru it had no reduction!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

sweetie wrote: »
    so is the cheapest price that on the page where you enter cc details?
    It gave me the cheaper deal messeage but when I clicked thru it had no reduction!

Same thing happened to me. Can someone please explain how to get this to work step by step please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭epopnomis

These prices seem crazy, just wanted to know has anyone actually booked flight to New York from Dublin gone to airport got on flight with no issues and returned with no issues. I just wouldn't want to get a nasty surpirse and be tapped up for a fuel surcharge at the airport, any input would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I aint getting cheaper prices either... Was looking at this site when I was booking my flights to san fran at christmas.

I paid €1200 direct with aerlingus, cheaptickets was more expensive when I was booking and now its give me a price of €1500 for a 1 stop flight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Sometime when the airlines have sales u get better value on cheaptiackets.com, also make sure to click right through and check back often!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

I'm looking for some info on the check-in process.I've booked myself,wife and the two kids to Orlando in January with Cheaptickets.com. The flight from Dublin to Manchester is Aer Lingus, and then Manchester to Orlando is Virgin. Do I have to book bags online with Aer Lingus or Virgin? Has anybody actually completed their journey after booking with cheaptickets.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

How long do you have in London? Get in contact with EI or Virgin to see they have an interline baggage agreement between them. If not, you'll have to reclaim your bags in London and check them in again.

How long do you have in London? Get in contact with EI or Virgin to see they have a nterline baggage agreement between them. If not, you'll have to reclaim your bags in London and check them in again.

I've only got 1 1/2 hours going out

kingaaa wrote: »
    I've only got 1 1/2 hours going out
    That would be tight. Ring EI and Virgin to see if they have any arrangements in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

cronos wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. Can someone please explain how to get this to work step by step please.

i'd like to third this request,i've yet to find any cheap flights :(

ronano wrote: »
    i'd like to third this request,i've yet to find any cheap flights :(
    Sample fare:

Tue, Nov 18
    Depart: 6:40 am Dublin, Ireland (DUB)
    (DUB-LHR: Aer Lingus 242. LHR-JFK: British Airways 2173)
    Arrive: 2:15 pm New York, NY (JFK)

Mon, Nov 24
    Depart: 6:00 pm New York, NY (JFK)
    (JFK-LHR: British Airways 2172. LHR-DUB: Aer Lingus 243)
    Arrive: 10:05 am next day Dublin, Ireland (DUB)

$279.42 (~€198.15)

Has anyone booked a flight to the states and sorted out their luggage and actually got the flight with no problems...... It seems to me from reading the posts that nobody has actually availed of these special fares and done the trip. Can anyone prove me wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

Sample fare:

Tue, Nov 18
    Depart: 6:40 am Dublin, Ireland (DUB)
    (DUB-LHR: Aer Lingus 242. LHR-JFK: British Airways 2173)
    Arrive: 2:15 pm New York, NY (JFK)

Mon, Nov 24
    Depart: 6:00 pm New York, NY (JFK)
    (JFK-LHR: British Airways 2172. LHR-DUB: Aer Lingus 243)
    Arrive: 10:05 am next day Dublin, Ireland (DUB)

$279.42 (~€198.15)

excellent

i tried it there,it worked :)

i realise a bit off topic but anyone got cheap/decent accommodation recommendations?

epopnomis wrote: »
    Has anyone booked a flight to the states and sorted out their luggage and actually got the flight with no problems...... It seems to me from reading the posts that nobody has actually availed of these special fares and done the trip. Can anyone prove me wrong?

I booked DUB-LHR-JFK-LHR-DUB on the site back in April and flew at the end of May. My flights were with Aer Lingus (EI) and American Airlines (AA). They have an interline baggage policy up until the end of October I think, definitely. Not sure what's going to happy when EI stop codesharing with AA. My bags were checked through without any problem. But with EI and BA there should be no problem getting your baggage checked through. To be sure, ring up EI to see.
    ronano wrote:
    i realise a bit off topic but anyone got cheap/decent accommodation recommendations?

Try www.expedia.com

louis626 wrote: »

You need to go all the way to end...screenshot attached

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Im just very sceptical about of 200-250e return to the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

TakeThe Veil -

What do you want people to say or do about it ????

If that's the way you feel about it then you should just not book it !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Reganovski wrote: »
    You need to go all the way to end...screenshot attached

ie. after credit card details and before confirming the booking??

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I'm trying to book flights, but it won't accept any credit card I try to use. Has anyone else had problems trying to book?

kellsred wrote: »
    I'm trying to book flights, but it won't accept any credit card I try to use. Has anyone else had problems trying to book?

I booked no problems with a Halifax Visa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

kellsred wrote: »

Yeah I had major problems trying to book with a credit card. I think it is because the address has to be exactly the same as the address on your credit card bill. What happened to me I think was that it wasn't my credit card and the address was written slightly strangely on the person's credit card and I tried a few variations but after a few attempts the bank blocked the card. So I waited a day and paid off my own credit card and used that no problem.

So it might just be easier to use a different credit card!

• Advertisement

I booked DUB-LHR-JFK-LHR-DUB on the site back in April and flew at the end of May. My flights were with Aer Lingus (EI) and American Airlines (AA). They have an interline baggage policy up until the end of October I think, definitely. Not sure what's going to happy when EI stop codesharing with AA. My bags were checked through without any problem. But with EI and BA there should be no problem getting your baggage checked through. To be sure, ring up EI to see.

In reply to this post, I checked out BA website and their fuel surcharge has only been applicable from the middle of June this year, has anyone else travelled, lets say in July or August or even at the start of this month. Last thing I want is to be hit with a hefty fuel charge at the airport..........

Advertisement