Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus new USA sale from €249 one-way incl T+C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Total Trip Duration: 7 days / 6 nights

2 travelers, round-trip
    Total Airfare $286.00
    Taxes and Fees $377.48 (includes $15.98 service fee)
    Total trip cost $663.48 USD

British Airways 283

* Economy
    * Boeing 747
    * 11hr 5min
    * 5442 miles

British Airways 278

* Economy
    * Boeing 747
    * 10hr 6min
    * 5442 miles

This is quite frankly an amazing price considering the fuel surcharge for BA flights > 9hrs is $209.00 per person per flight which would mean for your 2 people the Fuel Surcharge alone would be $836!
    Forgetting the other taxes/costs and the dublin-london flights.

How is it they can provide these tickets at that price ?
    Or have they not included the Fuel Surcharge.....

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

madmoe wrote: »
    Happy days, glad I could help.

Just checked the old credit card there and all they have taken is 7 euro per flight so far.....kinda weird since it was booked 3 to 4 days ago and I have my two BA confirmation numbers.....

I have the same:
    CTX CHEAPTICKETS US 10.17 15.98USD

I also phoned Aer Fungus who confirmed the booking and said i can check the bag right through. Just wondering about coming back with BA though-all i seem to have is an aer lingus confirmation number-does it also work on ba does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

YAY! what a great bargin. I booked flights this moring after a bit of fiddling the dates 3 tickets to NYC for $946! Works at €205! I have recieved the conformation number, so do I have to ring them up to comfirm? Flying Aerlingus to Gatwick and BA To JFK.
    Thanks, I'm so excited!!!:D:D

Happy days, glad I could help.

Just checked the old credit card there and all they have taken is 7 euro per flight so far.....kinda weird since it was booked 3 to 4 days ago and I have my two BA confirmation numbers.....

I read on the website that it can take up to 60 days for the full payment to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Booked also for 622 Dollars from DUB to JFK via Gatwick for 2 people. Happy days. I also only have a booking reference for Aer Lingus. Not sure what reference from BA. Best deal here in ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

I've been seeing these fares for the last few weeks - dunno why I didn't post it here until this week!

It seems on some of these fares the fuel surcharge isn't included... don't know why BA haven't noticed this yet.

Great deals for us though!!

Must see if some of these fares are valid for flights next year too!

I got the comformaton numbers and am able to access my booking on BA.com But as someone earlier about the fuel surcharges, would they be able to charge you that at check-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I don't seem to be getting cheap flights from that site...

Looking to go to San Fran over Xmass... Direct Flights for 2 with Aerlingus are €1268

Cheap Tickets comes up at €1225 but thats dub to heatrow to san fran and then san fran to frankfurt to dublin. The return leg is a 19 1/2hr trip vs the aerlingus 10hr direct flight...

Mind u, I think aerlingus are the cheapest around... checked a good few sites this morn. BA was £1220, that doesn't include flights to the UK. Best was American Airlines, €4900 for the same flights... Crazy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

unklerosco wrote: »
    I don't seem to be getting cheap flights from that site...

Looking to go to San Fran over Xmass... Direct Flights for 2 with Aerlingus are €1268

Cheap Tickets comes up at €1225 but thats dub to heatrow to san fran and then san fran to frankfurt to dublin. The return leg is a 19 1/2hr trip vs the aerlingus 10hr direct flight...

Mind u, I think aerlingus are the cheapest around... checked a good few sites this morn. BA was £1220, that doesn't include flights to the UK. Best was American Airlines, €4900 for the same flights... Crazy..

We got 2 tickets to go to san fran at christmas from cheaptickets for €480 (inc everything) each last week. The price seemed to change every day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

What dates?? I'm looking at arriving on the 19th and flying out the 4th(jan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Hi lads am using Cheapticket.com for the above, am flying Cork London with Aerlingus and London ,Washigton, Tampa with United Airlines. Does anyone know what luggage allowance I am allowed on the Cork London leg and in particular on the return leg London Cork as I will be doing a lot of shopping I hope. Is it the standard 1x20 kg or do they take into account that you are flying internationally.
    Also if anyone has used cheaptickets can you book in your luggage online
    Many thanks

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Good to see that some people are getting good deals. I still have not benn charged the full amount on the credit card.....why would they only charge a small amount and then nothing more....

With the fuel surcharge thing, I hope to feck they do no try and charge that later :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkie5

Great deal this, i also availed of New york flights in November. Anyone been before, or have any ideas whats a good but reasonable hotel. The few i looked at were $300 + per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ed54

corkie5 wrote: »
    Great deal this, i also availed of New york flights in November. Anyone been before, or have any ideas whats a good but reasonable hotel. The few i looked at were $300 + per night.

Do some research on using priceline.com, on this site you can bid for hotel rooms, there are some forums dedicated to the subject. For example last December I got a room in a four star Hilton in San Francisco for $85 per night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

When you get the "Your Travel Document" does that mean your confirmed. I only got an AerLingus record locator should that do for all the flights? even though most of the trip is with BA.
    Cheers
    And thanks teresasaunt for pointing this great bargain out for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Ed54 wrote: »
    Do some research on using priceline.com, on this site you can bid for hotel rooms, there are some forums dedicated to the subject. For example last December I got a room in a four star Hilton in San Francisco for $85 per night!

Ed can I ask how you bid for the hotel on priceline? When i try to bid it is insisting on a US or Canada address.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭ablelocks

do ye think there'll be a further sale between now and Nov/December?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

This isn't really a sale... and you'll never get cheaper than €200 for a TATL

Make sure to always click right through as you do not see the reduction\cheaper fares until you do that.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

ablelocks wrote: »
    do ye think there'll be a further sale between now and Nov/December?

You obviously haven't read the thread, it hasn't been about the Aer Lingus sale in ages, it's now about a better deal that seems to be ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I've been seeing these fares for the last few weeks - dunno why I didn't post it here until this week!

It seems on some of these fares the fuel surcharge isn't included... don't know why BA haven't noticed this yet.

I just checked the cheaptickets.com FAQ and it states: https://faq.cheaptickets.com/cgi-bin/cheaptickets_faq.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=334&p_sid=RsySio9j&search=1

"CheapTickets Package prices include taxes and service fees, but additional fuel and security surcharges may be charged by the Travel Supplier at time of check-in/pick-up. These additional charges, even on paid reservations, are your responsibility."

So anyone who has booked really cheap tickets should check with their Airline(s) that they won't face additional fees on check-in (or at least be aware of it).

I also note: https://faq.cheaptickets.com/cgi-bin/cheaptickets_faq.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=RsySio9j&search=1&p_faqid=255

"All of our prices are listed with the taxes, fees and service charges listed. By doing this, you can have the most accurate pricing information up front to help make well-informed decisions.
    We also add most fees into our pricing, including airport access fees and customer facility charges.

Our prices do not include extra options you request, such as upgrades and special equipment, fees charged by the travel supplier when you arrive at your destination, like resort fees and energy surcharges; or airline baggage charges."

WOW...must go and check with BA now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

WOW...must go and check with BA now....

Hope you come back with good news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

But also see this:

http://www.cheaptickets.com/pagedef/content/legal/airTaxesFees.jsp?popupsDisabled=false

"Flight Cost Summary: On the Flight Cost Summary page, and all subsequent pages leading to a booking, all taxes, charges (including fuel surcharges), service fees, and government and airport authority fees are either included in the fare or itemized separately to provide a total trip cost "

Guys, just checked the credit card account and the full cost has now showed up, one flight was €275 (DUB->LHR->LAX, SFO->LHR->DUB) the other €415 (DUB->LHR->LAX, SFO->LHR->DUB) a week later.

Just tried booking to NY for end of October, and offer seems to be gone on cheapflights.com.
    Also, I hope there isnt a fuel charge coming at us at the airport, interrested to hear from BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

corkie5 wrote: »
    Just tried booking to NY for end of October, and offer seems to be gone on cheapflights.com.
    Also, I hope there isnt a fuel charge coming at us at the airport, interrested to hear from BA.

Thats cause both Aerlingus and BA had sales on which ended on Monday evening.

Guys, just aclled BA there, gave them my BA reference number and the girl confirmed that there would definiatley be no extra fuel surcharge r anything of the like added on later. The price we got them for those tickets is the final price.....thank fook!

M

Any feedback from BA or Aer Lingus. Will we get hit for extra fuel charges etc with the cheap fares? Someone was checking with BA yesterday. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks for update, good news, now need to get a hotel and look forward to November. Damn hotels are expensive though!

Advertisement