Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus new USA sale from €249 one-way incl T+C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Yup, had to call cheaptickets.com to get it but have it now! Thrilled.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭crushproof

I retract all my previous statements......a whopper of a bargain!!! Unbeliveable. If only had more leave off work I would be over to NY in a flash. Got a quote for 195 euro via London......crazy money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

I can't find any of the prices being bandied about here :confused:

When u put in your dates and it brings you to the next page, click on the cheapest one and sometimes it will say that there is a discount on that flight and you get it for even cheaper. It takes a bit of playing around with it but you will not see the actual proper cost until you click all the way through.......

Because you are paying in Dollars and the Dollar is so weak now we are getting even better value!

See attached doc for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Im trying to book a week in August (20th to 27th) and cant get the really good fares.
    Have you put your credit card details in at this stage?

Any help would be appreciated, obviously, since it would save me hundreds of euro's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

try kayak.com on a daily basis, or hourly as i did at one point, they search thru all the airlines and cheapticket sites etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Cool - found a great deal.

Now if I book it I will have to also check in bags with Aer Lingus, is that correct? How would I do that and how much does it cost in each direction? Thanks!

Also a bit worried about some of the terrible reviews of the site online. I have seen reviews saying people turned up at the airport only to find their bookings had never been made! Have people been able to verify that they are actually booked on the flights?

Thanks so much!

I assume as my flights are BA operated I will not have to paly Aer Lingus baggage costs and that I can check the bags in all the way through.

As I got valid BA booking numbers and can enter them in on www.ba.com I am pretty sure when I turn up to the airport all will be well. I also intend to book my seats online 24 hours before the flight.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

madmoe wrote: »
    I assume as my flights are BA operated I will not have to paly Aer Lingus baggage costs and that I can check the bags in all the way through.

As I got valid BA booking numbers and can enter them in on www.ba.com I am pretty sure when I turn up to the airport all will be well. I also intend to book my seats online 24 hours before the flight.

M

So can you just clear something up please??

You had to ring cheaptickets to get booking numbers for the BA part of the flight??Did you just give your name or did you have to give more details?

Id also like to know about the baggage cost of aerlingus..

Thanx for any replies...

I had to ring them to get the BA confirmatin number(s). I quoted the cheaptickets ticket locater number that came to me in an e-mail from them about 5 mins after I booked it. I think it also appeared on the screen directly after the payment was processed, similar to what happen when you pay for a Ryanair flight.

No idea about baggage costs yet as I assume because its a fully BA operated flight there will be none. I could be wrong though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Serge

Are those cheaptickets.com proper thing?

Just Id like to fly to Tel Aviv with BA, everywhere price is around 500 Euro, with them is 450 USD, thats around 315 Euro, the same flight :eek:

Sure go ahead and book it and see.....

Loads of scary stories about them in internet. Put into google.com
    cheaptickets scam . Will see what do people write about them

Scary stories if u have left it late to book and want to suddenly change flights etc. etc. I did the Google search and yes found a lot of pissed off people but still took the risk and all is OK. Treasureaunt on here has used them before as well and no issues at all.

M

I hope everything going to be OK with that anyway

Honestly I had no issues, what is the worst that will happen.....if u cannt get the flight and they take the money from you card u will be able to get the bank to get it back.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Well done on finding those flights. Its great value. Trying to get a good price for US in April 09. Any tips on when to look.

Would love Orlando but not too pushed as long as its stateside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

1 Review trip cost
    Total Trip Duration: 7 days / 6 nights

2 travelers, round-trip
    Total Airfare $286.00
    Taxes and Fees $377.48 (includes $15.98 service fee)
    Total trip cost $663.48 USD

CheapTickets pledges to keep your personal information private and protected.

View our privacy policy
    2 Review flight details
    Total Trip Duration: 7 days / 6 nights
    Friday, November 21, 2008 Leave
    Aer Lingus 156

* Economy
    * Airbus A321
    * 1hr 15min
    * 288 miles

Depart: 9:00am morning Dublin, Ireland Dublin (DUB) 1 stop
    Arrive: 10:15am morning London, United Kingdom London Heathrow (LHR)

Change Airline. Time between flights: 1hr 45min
    British Airways 283

* Economy
    * Boeing 747
    * 11hr 5min
    * 5442 miles

Depart: 12:00pm noon London, United Kingdom London Heathrow (LHR)
    Arrive: 3:05pm afternoon Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles International (LAX)
    Total duration: 14hr 5min Total miles: 5730 miles
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 Return
    British Airways 278

* Economy
    * Boeing 747
    * 10hr 6min
    * 5442 miles

Depart: 3:50pm afternoon Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles International (LAX) 1 stop
    Arrive: 9:56am morning London, United Kingdom London Heathrow (LHR)

Change Airline. Time between flights: 2hr 39min
    Aer Lingus 159

* Economy
    * Airbus A321
    * 1hr 15min
    * 288 miles

Depart: 12:35pm afternoon London, United Kingdom London Heathrow (LHR)
    Arrive: 1:50pm afternoon Dublin, Ireland Dublin (DUB)

This is an overnight flight.
    Total duration: 14hr 0min Total miles: 5730 miles
    3 Provide Billing Information

If any information associated with the reservation is incorrect, the reservation is subject to cancellation.

Enter card details

The following credit cards are not accepted by this airline: Carte Blanche
    *Type of card
    *Card number
    *Card security code

*Expiration month
    *Expiration year

*Name as it appears on card

*Street address (Address outside US?)

This address is a PO Box (Post Office Box)
    *City
    *State
    *Zip code

(Address outside US?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

re cheaptickets.com last year i flew: shannon > chicago, chicago > NY (LaGuardia iirc), JFK > shannon for less than €500. and that was in august, you cant go wrong there. it was over €200 cheaper than aerlingus and the exact same flights

It does seem too good to be true....but it is TRUE ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

crushproof wrote: »
    Aer Lingus always seem to be the cheapest whenever I compare flights on skyscanner. If you look up flights from the US to any country Ireland is always the cheapest European country.
    Some flights are coming up for me at under €450 return. Pretty decent if you ask me

Skyscanner can be good, but it definitely omits some flgihts/airlines.

I found flights with BMI from DUB-LHR-SFO, checked Skyscanner for the same dates, made sure the 'direct flights' was cleared, and it still only gave me Aer Lingus at about 200 quid dearer.

I've had similar issues before too where where it omitted flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Cheers for the great deals lads but i worried about booking!

I've found a great deal to new york in november. The flight out from Dublin (with Aer Lingus) is via london with BA and there is a connection time in heathrow of 1h 40 mins.

If bags are checked through, this is enough time but if they are not, then this is definetly not enough time as you will have to clear customs in the uk...

Does anyone who has booked know what the story is here?
    Dont want to take the chance that i will have to collect my bag in heathrow and then go and check in for a BA flight to New York which i would then probably miss.....

Thanks

I have a 2 hour wait for my flight to LA from London. Because its BA operated I assume I can check the bags right trhough from Dublin.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Rang Aerlingus, aer lingus codeshare with BA for flights to the US when booked on third party sites so you can check in and book you bags all the way through....

Brilliant, thought so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ed54

Has anyone attempted to purchase a flight on cheaptickets.com? I found a cracking price for a return to San Francisco in December ($663), however when I attempted to book it my credit card was not accepted - I got an error code stating that my bank would not authorise payment. I then attempted to use my wife's card with the same result. I contacted my card provider and their system showed no request being made. I then phoned cheaptickets in the US and was put through to their booking department and proceeded to book the same flight - same result, payment by creditcard could not be transacted. I suspect that the problem rests with cheaptickets in that their billling system does not acknowledge credit card billling addresses which do not have postal codes . Any ideas anybody?

I used a Dublin postal code and it accepted it no probs. Also, did you click the link that said "Address Outside US"? U need to do this....

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

Just a word of warning about flying through LHR - they have their own baggage size limits for carry ons. I had a roll-on with me last time, that was under the size restrictions for AA carry-on - but before going through security I was asked to place my bag in this cage thing. If the bag doesn't fit - you gotta check it in!

I had 4 hours between flights. 2 hours were plenty, even though I had to check in with AA at LHR. I flew over with BMI and they have no agreements with AA/BA/EI. I was through security about an hour after arriving with BMI, changing terminals, checking in again etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ed54

madmoe wrote: »
    I used a Dublin postal code and it accepted it no probs. Also, did you click the link that said "Address Outside US"? U need to do this....

Thanks madmoe, entered my postal code and bingo one great value flight - albeit subject to confirmation;

"This reservation request has been sent to the airline(s). Final purchase is pending until we receive confirmation from the airline(s). Once that confirmation is received, we will issue the ticket(s), and send a "Travel Document" e-mail including trip details and ticket number(s) within 24 hours."

So fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Happy days, glad I could help.

Just checked the old credit card there and all they have taken is 7 euro per flight so far.....kinda weird since it was booked 3 to 4 days ago and I have my two BA confirmation numbers.....

Advertisement