Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus new USA sale from €249 one-way incl T+C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

corkie5 wrote: »
    Any feedback from BA or Aer Lingus. Will we get hit for extra fuel charges etc with the cheap fares? Someone was checking with BA yesterday. Thanks.

Guys, just aclled BA there, gave them my BA reference number and the girl confirmed that there would definiatley be no extra fuel surcharge r anything of the like added on later. The price we got them for those tickets is the final price.....thank fook!

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Cheers moe was getting a bit worried I was going to get a shock at check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 codan

THanks everyone who has contributed to this thread. I send my thanks out. Have fun everyone who got tickets:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ed54

iggy82 wrote: »
    Ed can I ask how you bid for the hotel on priceline? When i try to bid it is insisting on a US or Canada address.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I got around the problem by inserting most of my address plus a Canadian State and postal code. I have used the service twice and have had no problems, the booking is valid once the payment is accepted. Check out http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/ for good tips etc. Good Luck

Ed54 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I got around the problem by inserting most of my address plus a Canadian State and postal code. I have used the service twice and have had no problems, the booking is valid once the payment is accepted. Check out http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/ for good tips etc. Good Luck
    Thanks for the link to the forum on priceline always thought about using but got a bit worried about getting stuck with a dump. Do you have the option to turn down a hotel they offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well folks there it goes, the offer of the century has passed.

I highly doubt that you'll ever see trans Atlantic fares at that price ever again!
    Well done to everyone who booked this great deal, unforunately for me I had already booked too many holidays before Christmas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There are still pretty good deals to be had to NYC from €330 and other parts in the States in September which is far better than the traditional booking sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

On the verge of booking of a trip to NY from the 2-14 September on Cheaptickets.com, i get a price of 540 dollars which is about 346 Euro. Have people on here got a similiar low price to the US and had no problems??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

snubbleste wrote: »
    There are still pretty good deals to be had to NYC from €330 and other parts in the States in September which is far better than the traditional booking sites.

Is that to JFK?

askU wrote: »
    Is that to JFK?

It's with AerLingus/Virgin via LHR to JFK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's with AerLingus/Virgin via LHR to JFK

Ya thats the one im hoping to book as well, will i manually have to get codes from both Aerlingus and Virgin if i book it?

Corholio wrote: »
    Ya thats the one im hoping to book as well, will i manually have to get codes from both Aerlingus and Virgin if i book it?

I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Corholio wrote: »

I am booked with air fungus and virgin... to NY... in sept....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

madmoe wrote: »
    Just found this amazing deal on www.cheaptickets.com, the best part is that your flying with Virgin Atlantic!! Have never flown with them but have heard great things about them. Simply cannot believe the price, only €371!

M

Should have removed your gmail email address from the screenshot before posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanx for pointing that out mate.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

For those flying with Aer Lingus/BA.....can you verify your itinery online with BA and Aer Lingus? I have the Aer Lingus reference number but not sure what email address to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

Kazzer,
    Ring Aer Lingus, quote your EI locator number number and they will be able to give you the BA locator number.
    With that number, you can use the online BA 'Manage your Booking' service.

gLos

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Cheers, thanks alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

folks,

does this really work? are their any snags?

gally74 wrote: »
    folks,

does this really work? are their any snags?

Worked for me..

Dublin to heathrow and onto JFK new york return...
    Just got the visa bill 310 euros.. sept for 2 weeks..

• Advertisement

No Snag so far although my flight isn't for another month and a bit.

I did get a hotel cheap from priceline is another thing for people to check out I got the hotel for half price saving me 800 euros using priceline.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkie5

What type pf hotel did u get, an what sort of money. Wanted to look f0r a 3 star in nw york in november, in the time square area. What type of bid is likely to be successful. Never used priceline before, so a bit nervous about giving cr card details etc without knowingwhat hotel i am getting.

corkie5 wrote: »
    What type pf hotel did u get, an what sort of money. Wanted to look f0r a 3 star in nw york in november, in the time square area. What type of bid is likely to be successful. Never used priceline before, so a bit nervous about giving cr card details etc without knowingwhat hotel i am getting.

I was like yourself but have a read of this site below and it should tell you everything you need to know. They only have a set number of hotels in each area so you can kinda know which one you may be getting.
    http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/directory

I got a 4 star(or 5 star depending where you read) in Orlando for around 800 euros for 12 nights(normal price was 1600+ euro). I bid $92 a night
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d85438-Reviews-Renaissance_Orlando_Resort_at_SeaWorld-Orlando_Florida.html

Its well worth looking into corkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lon45

davton wrote: »
    ie_hp_usa_shopping.jpg

USA Sale - Book by Midnight Monday 21 July

Got a price for Dub-NY for a total of €478.66

Fly: 16 August - 15 December
    Book by: Midnight Monday 21 July

Dublin to
    New York € 249
    Boston € 249
    Washington € 249
    Chicago € 259
    Orlando € 289
    San Francisco € 309
    Los Angeles € 309

Boston, New York & Chicago fares also valid from Shannon
    One-way fares including taxes and charges
    Hi,

Does anyone know when the next Aer Lingus sale is ? how often do they do U.S. seat sales.

Thanks for any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I was going to book a flight to Toronto through cheapflights.com, but then did a bit of research on the net and everyone has nothing but really bad things to say about them etc

Has anyoen actually used them yet or in the past?

I was going to book a flight to Toronto through cheapflights.com, but then did a bit of research on the net and everyone has nothing but really bad things to say about them etc

I have without problems. you have to remember you are not in fact paying them, you only pay them a small handling fee,,
    and you can confirm your bookings directly with the carriers..
    in my case aer fungus took the full amount and then pass on the money to Virgin. its standard practice for this type of thing..

Its cheaptickets.com not cheapflights.com everyone been using in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

As DingDong said it's cheaptickets.com.

All they're doing is taking your money and passing it on to the airlines (with a small commission). You don't have any dealings with them after that, you deal with the airline.

You should also look at orbitz.com, kayak.com etc as they all provide the same service and prices vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

aah, why didn't I check this thread earlier. Thought it was the usual Aer Lingus BS sale. Had a quick look but no cheapos for my date. Is it a random thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

FYI for anyone already booked through Cheaptickets

British Airways have changed some of their winter schedule for flights after November 2nd.
    In particular, LAX flights, but others may be affected.
    As a result your previously booked flight may have been cancelled or re-scheduled or both.
    You may or may not get notified by Cheaptickets.com so it's well worth checking with your BA locator number on BA web site.

Cheaptickets eventually got me moved onto an earlier Aer Lingus flight to accomodate the BA schedule change but it took a lot of 'discussion' with them.
    However, is my understanding that they are obliged to reschedule/accomodate you on other flights, free of any charge, as the result of any schedule changes causing you missed connections.

Advertisement