Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thechick

hey everyone,
    i've been reading this thread for the past week or so. and congrats to everyone who is loosing the lbs!!

i'm 5"3" and weigh 13st! i've never been this big, i was recently on a sun holiday and as i was getting off the plane i heard a fella comment to his friend that i was 'massive' it didnt really bother me, cos he wasnt the sort of fella i would have had any respect for anyways, but it got me thinking that my weight isnt acceptable to me anymore, i'm sick of shopping for clothes and nothin fitting me and the clothes that do fit me, dont look right, i'm only 26years old.

anyhow, after coming back from holidays i made the decision i was goin to try lipotrim, only to get to the chemist and realise they didnt have it anymore and it was replaced with CS, so after some research here, i went back on friday evening, and bought the starter pack!
    i'm goin to start it in the morning, heres hoping it will work for me!!!

i'll keep ye posted on my progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gardenbliss

Good luck for today's start The chick.
    I am determined to have a better week this week. Of out for a walk, beautiful morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chick36

Hello all!

Well what a lovely day it is today :D despite the fact that work is pretty dire for me - i'm in recruitment and of course no one is recruiting at the moment!!

anyway... just wanted to say a few hello's...

The Chick - welcome! And good luck in your first week - keep us posted ;)
    Jelly Bean - sounds like you've done so well, congrats! It is tough to stick to a regime like this for a long period of time but when you see the results it makes it a whole lot easier

Garden Bliss - you said you hope you have a better week this week, so what has happened, you just fallen off the wagon once or twice?

As for me, well it's weigh in day at Rowlands Pharmacy (end of week 2) and I have to say i'm pretty nervous! I thought i was doing fairly well but the scales at home say I haven't lost anything :confused: I did have a few glasses of wine last night as it was yesterday morning I got on the scales so I thought why not! And I didn't have my snacks yesterday so hopefully that compensated but we'll see... I'm trying to have fruit as my snack for a couple of days as I'm hoping that will help. I really don't want the weight loss to stop or I know what I'm like and I will start to lose interest...:(
    Anyway keep your fingers crossed for me and i'll report in tonight or tomorrow!!

Chick36 x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gardenbliss

Just felt hungrier than I had initially and eaten more snacks (Just protein and some fruit) but nothing too bad. Only down 1 pound though, So 7 pounds in 3 weeks. Not to be sniffed at!

well that's not bad then Gardenbliss - at least you stuck to healthy snacks which I think is the key as it's going on to the high carb foods which will raise your blood sugar level and mess things up much more!
    7 pounds in 3 weeks is a good healthy weight loss! I must say i'm feeling hungrier than ever today which could well be down to the extra wine I had that I shouldn't have last night!!! :rolleyes: anyway back on track, and hopefully at least I won't have put on this week as I had an 8 pound loss in my first week which is quite a bit so it could even out. The main thing is that I feel healthier and not so bloated so hopefully if i stick with it the weight will come off! :D

• Advertisement

Well it's all gone horribly wrong! I went for my weigh in at Rowlands Pharmacy last night and not only have I not lost any weight this week, but it turns out my weight loss for last week was wrong so I've only lost 4 pounds rather than 8!!! :mad: It's down to the fact that they weigh you on 2 sets of scales, one in stone & pounds (old style scales) and the other in kilos (digital scales) and obviously the digital ones are more accurate, but once I converted the kilos to stone/pounds it didn't equate to what the old style scales said!! aarrggh! Anyway I've corrected it now and we're just going to use the digital scales in kilos from now on.
    Having said all that I think the reason I haven't lost anything this week is down to the fact that I'm doing part CS and part atkins, and whilst the CS promotes eating of lean protein and veg etc, you're meant to measure what you're having, and although I'm not having masses more, I'm probably not sticking to what they're saying and therefore consuming more calories! Doh! So I'm now going to have a shake for breakfast and small atkins style 'meals' for the rest of the day - eg:
    Breakfast - CS Shake
    Mid morn - small piece of cheese and a few almonds (about 5 or 6)
    lunch - small tin of tuna with coleslaw
    Mid pm - slice of ham with a slice of processed cheese
    Dinner - chicken breast with veg or salad
    Desert - small portion of berries
    So i'll give that a week and let you know how I get on!
    Any news from anyone else?
    C x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nornie

well i fell off the wagon this weekend, i didn overdo it and gorge myself but i did eat some of the banned foods, i went out to dinner in a relatives house and hoped for the best dinner was lovely but of all the veg she could have given me she gave me turnip and peas i felt v rude not to eat it then i had a small bowl of icecream and 3 chocolates (no excuse for these!) i felt so guilty after. i had peas again yesterday and loads of wine still feel ok dont think i put any back on so am back on the straight and narrow today. people r startin to notice i am losin weight which is a boost goin away on a hens this weekend so hope not to be the fattest there which sounds so shallow but isnt that the way we women think. i am so self concious with this weight on me that it is holdin me back from doin the most normal things, so i am determined to get back to a more comfortable shape for me. i am not obsessed with numbers or sizes i know when i am comfortable in clothes that i am ok. anyway good luck fellow dieters....

nornie wrote: »
    well i fell off the wagon this weekend, i didn overdo it and gorge myself but i did eat some of the banned foods, i went out to dinner in a relatives house and hoped for the best dinner was lovely but of all the veg she could have given me she gave me turnip and peas i felt v rude not to eat it then i had a small bowl of icecream and 3 chocolates (no excuse for these!) i felt so guilty after. i had peas again yesterday and loads of wine still feel ok dont think i put any back on so am back on the straight and narrow today. people r startin to notice i am losin weight which is a boost goin away on a hens this weekend so hope not to be the fattest there which sounds so shallow but isnt that the way we women think. i am so self concious with this weight on me that it is holdin me back from doin the most normal things, so i am determined to get back to a more comfortable shape for me. i am not obsessed with numbers or sizes i know when i am comfortable in clothes that i am ok. anyway good luck fellow dieters....

Hey Nornie!
    Sounds like you're doing really well so don't beat yourself up too much for the odd slip up! It's always good when people start to notice that you've lost weight - and don't worry about the hens weekend, just make yourself look fabulous with a great outfit and accessories and i'm sure you'll knock em dead ;) I can't wait to start noticing the weight loss and aiming to look fab for my birthday in June :D
    Enjoy the weekend! x

by the way how are you getting on The Chick? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jelly_bean

hi guys,
    just having a check n there.... sorry to say i fell completely off the wagon for the whole of last week.... crazy weekend, chinese, thai, paddys day madness, you name it ive had it... got back on track on thurs and was terrified weighing in this morn, but i havent lost or gained, still the same as last week, so im happy enough with that.

i think im in week 7 and finding it really hard staying off bread, had 2 rolls today, but just a salad with it for dinner. hopefully im back on track now, coz i have felt great and slim and totally not bloated, so hopefully i wont have another crazy blow-out week for another while anyway! :(

I wk full time and go to college at nite so ill be finished that in May and will join back the gym, but i havent had anytime for exercise whatsoever, i would say that would really make a difference and keep you on track! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

nornie wrote: »
    anyway good luck fellow dieters....

same to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nornie

hi, glad to hear i am not the only one who fell off the wagon this weekend! i was away for the weekend and although didnt over eat i did eat some carbs and drank a whole lot of beer/wine/vodka i did a lot of walking and some dancing ha ha so hope that helps. feel bloated now and have really gone hell for leather today eating rings around me, today is a lost cause start afresh tomorrow. felt great away people noticed i had lost weight which makes it all worthwhile. hope all is going well for other cs users.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

My mum is planning to give this a go.
    Can you have tea and coffee with skim or any kind of milk while on it? This is a deal breaker for her...no tea no,celebrity slim :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CocoBeans

Hi All,

I'm on Day 3 of CS. I don't have that much weight to lose. I'm 5' 8" and about 9st 12 but I'm getting married and would like to lose about 10 pounds. I was previously 9 stone and very happy with my weight. I've always watched what I eat but long hours at a PC can pile on the weight very easily.

I'm posting this because a lot of the CS users seem to have a lot of weight to lose, which can be a little easier on a diet like this. Has anyone tried CS with 10 or less pounds to lose? Any success?

I'd like to lose lbs. a week. Do you think this is realistic?

This is what I've been having

8.30am CS Bar & Tea
    11am 2 slices of Parma Harm (sans the fat)
    12pm Shake
    2pm handful of Peanuts
    6pm Dinner Protein & Veg
    10pm Half a CS Bar (very naughty I know!)
    Another thing I have noted is that a lot of people have lost weight initially but how many have continued on CS and continued to lose weight?

Please only CS users reply - I have no doubt everyone else has an opinion but I'd like feedback about CS. If you haven't tried it, I'm not interested.
    Thank YOU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

CocoBeans wrote: »
    8.30am CS Bar & Tea
    11am 2 slices of Parma Harm (sans the fat)
    12pm Shake
    2pm handful of Peanuts
    6pm Dinner Protein & Veg
    10pm Half a CS Bar (very naughty I know!)
    Another thing I have noted is that a lot of people have lost weight initially but how many have continued on CS and continued to lose weight?

Honestly?

That's not the worst diet in the world by a long shot (and I mean 'diet' in the weight-loss sense). Can I make a couple of suggestions? Obviously you can ignore if you want to :)

Instead of the CS bar in the morning (I know the bar is quick and easy and convenient and gives you a nice sweet hit first thing in the morning but...) is there any way you'd consider having two scrambled or hard boiled eggs instead?

The protein-rich eggs will give your metabolism a brilliant kickstart first thing and keep you nicely satiated - there's only about 80-90 calories in a medium egg too.

Don't worry about trimming ALL the fat off the Parma ham, a little bit of fat will actually help you lose fat believe it or not.

Could I suggest also eating walnuts/ cashews/ almonds as well as peanuts? Although peanuts have the most protein the other nuts tend to be higher in minerals.

Don't be afraid to eat LOTS of green leafy veg at dinner too - given that you won't be eating fruit/ veg during the rest of the day make up for it a as much as you can at dinner. Green leafy veg are super-low in cals and very, very filling

Thanks G'em - good advice

I will swap the bar for the eggs at the weekend when I have a bit more time.

I walk 5 km a day so to be honest it's walk to work or eat Breakfast - I like my sleep :D

I'll take your advice on the nuts - I love all nuts anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LimerickLass

Hey, This is my 2nd week on CS.. First week I lost 7lbs :) but this week my weight is up and down.. Is this normal on the 2nd week?? :confused:
    Im finding it really tough this week.. Usually for my snacks I have berries and natural yogurt or Carrot sticks...Any ideas on what snacks I can have??
    Any ideas would be appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jelly_bean

Hi Guys,
    Havent checked in for a while... im in my ninth week now and have lost 17lbs to date. So it really does work if you stick to it, but that can be hard I know!.... basically a bit of advice I would give would be to stick to once a week weighs for a more accurate weight loss account, and some weeks you will loose nothing, but make sure to take your measurements because you would have lost inches but no pounds. Im a size 10-12 at the moment, when i started i was a size 14 which was starting to get a bit tight! but you just need to have realistic goals and stick with it, its going to be slow, the first week I lost 6lbs and a good bit the second, but after that it will be 1 or 2 lbs or nothing some weeks...

Stick with it tho, theres nothing as great as feeling and looking great!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laurencmc

Hi,
    Today is my first day on the CS diet. Me and my mom have agreed to do the diet together as she is trying to lose with also.

Is anyone who is the doing the diet a vegetarian. If so, what are their suggestions for a healthy protein source for the evening meal. I was thinking boiled eggs or a quorn fillet. Just wondering if anyone has ideas as plain quorn will become boring quite quickly.

Thanks,

Lauren

Thanks Jelly Bean - that's the sort of news I wanted to hear.

I used to be a veggie and I used quorn all the time, like quorn 'chicken' pieces for Stir Frys or curries, you can also get the Quorn Beef mince for Chilli. How about a couple of eggs thrown in on a stir fry or marinade tofu?

If you eat fish - you can have as much as that as you like!

Good Luck

Week 3 -> 4 Lbs

• Advertisement

Thanks Cocobeans.
    Thats pretty much what i was thinking. Had a linda mccarthy burger last night with steamed veggie.
    Its a pity so much of the quorn products are breaded but i bought loads of chicken pieces and sausages and mince.
    Has anyone had any negative side effects from this diet?

A few headaches and definitely dehydrated.

Yeah it is a shame about the Quorn, some of the asian markets sell marinated tofu! Might be a nice change - I'm going to have chili tonight wrapped in Letuce - so you could try that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 barbie princess

Hi,

Tried cs last week heard great things about it.. starved myself for week and not a pound lost.. that was end that started on handy aul weight watchers and lost 3 pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

has anybody done this before and kept the weight off ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

CS are a bunch of ****.

I remember sometime around last December I was in ketosis and I took one of their shakes without reading the back, I just though 'yum protein chocolate'. It almost took me out of ketosis. The thing had near 30 grams of carbs. Head wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

No doubt it works - you end up eating less calories.

There are cheaper, healthier, and easier ways to go about it though - just ditch the shake idea and eat a similarly caloric meal in its place.

As for carbohydrates, yes, low carb does work, but if you're eating low calorie then there's no point at all.

The right carbohydrates are good for you, and if you're exercising - as most of us should be trying to! - then I'd say they're a necessity.

A rushed post.

Burn more calories than you consume = calorie deficit. Calorie deficit = weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I haven't read every post on this but isn't this and other likewise diets just different versions of the Atkins diet..

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

i dont understand how cs works as you cant/wont spend the rest of your life taking the shakes. you will, in a matter of time, start to eat normally again so wouldnt the weight just come back on?

I have been doing weight watchers and in 5 weeks i lost 10lbs. i can eat whatever i want - chocolate, crisps, cake, icecream, as long as it fits into my points schedule i can have it. The main reason I feel its working for me is I have a better understanding of portion control. Its amazing to find out in meetings how many points are in simple things that you would eat every day. and its something i can do forever because im not cutting out carbs, fats, or anything like that.

i know someone who did a diet similar to the CS, it was shakes morning and afternoon and then protein and veg for dinner and she lost 12-14 lbs in 5 weeks.... she is 2 stone heavier than me and to be starving yourself pretty much only to lose 2-4 lbs more than me, and there i am eating everything i love still. She then went on a 1 week holiday and came back putting on 5lbs. She still has issues with food and hasnt learned anything from the diet, yet when im out and about im looking at labels, the sat fat and calorie content and figuring out how much i should be eating and not just stuffing my face.

good luck to you, i hope it works but i think there are better diets out there to try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

i dont understand how cs works as you cant/wont spend the rest of your life taking the shakes. you will, in a matter of time, start to eat normally again so wouldnt the weight just come back on?

I have been doing weight watchers and in 5 weeks i lost 10lbs. i can eat whatever i want - chocolate, crisps, cake, icecream, as long as it fits into my points schedule i can have it. The main reason I feel its working for me is I have a better understanding of portion control. Its amazing to find out in meetings how many points are in simple things that you would eat every day. and its something i can do forever because im not cutting out carbs, fats, or anything like that.

i know someone who did a diet similar to the CS, it was shakes morning and afternoon and then protein and veg for dinner and she lost 12-14 lbs in 5 weeks.... she is 2 stone heavier than me and to be starving yourself pretty much only to lose 2-4 lbs more than me, and there i am eating everything i love still. She then went on a 1 week holiday and came back putting on 5lbs. She still has issues with food and hasnt learned anything from the diet, yet when im out and about im looking at labels, the sat fat and calorie content and figuring out how much i should be eating and not just stuffing my face.

good luck to you, i hope it works but i think there are better diets out there to try

more people who havnt a clue

shouldnt comment on what you have no idea of

i asked earlier who lost weight and kept it off , because i know 4 people who together lost 12 stone in 3 months and that was paddys day last year and still have it off

its not a total replacement , you still have fruit and protein meal in evening

lots of people do low carb meals , do they get slated ???

1 person i know had a bad back , wanted to do running but was 19 stone and too overweight to do running , he lost 6.5 stone on the diet and gave him a new lease of life , can do the running , hasnt a bad back , and eats his carbs in moderation , his daily diet is , weetabix and skimmed milk , then fruit , then wholemeal sandwich with ham and salad and then fruit and the likes of omelette or chicken or steak salad

this diet though him to evaluate how he ate

theres always gonna be people who lose loads and put it back on , but if u excercise enough after and watch carb intake u will keep it off

just sick of the scare mongering

• Advertisement

The diet isn't about taking shakes for the rest of your life. Its about losing the weight, learning about what foods to eat and eating small amounts frequently to speed up your metabolism.

I haven't felt starved at all on this diet and i have been sticking to it strictly. Plus i really appreciate the food I am having and I'm enjoying the food not just eating for the sake of it.

When you finish with the shakes, they recommend you have carbs. You're not meant to cut them out. 1/2 of your plate, one meal a day should be carbs. I think the diet is great. It is making me learn all the healthy, yummy snacks i can make rather than just reaching for a chocolate or some biscuits. I don't think you would pile on the weight unless you went back to eat loads of carbs or 3 huge meals a day. When i reach my target weight I plan on sticking to my healthy snacks when im off the diet and eating sensible low carb meals but treating myself to the very odd take away or a small piece of chocolate once or twice a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement