Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

I went to the chemist today and got my first weeks supply. Not sure if Im starting tomorrow or not because Im still in work at the moment and not 100% organised.

Its nice to hear the good stories about this diet. Granted, people are entitiled to their opinions but encouragement goes a long way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Teamhar

Hey all,

I've been low carb for a week now and on Celebrity Slim since last Friday! My second weeks delivery arrived this morning and in this order I included a box of the Roast Chicken soups. In combination with my workouts (which in fairness, are pretty intense, as despite the extra weight I'd be pretty fit with good stamina) I'm feeling amazing all over and definitely a lot less jiggly around the middle. Tonight was the first time I got up on the gym scales in a long time and I weighed in at just under 13 stone. I know its best to weigh yourself in the morning so will confirm when I go swimming tomorrow- but lets face it, its not going to be much less!! My goal weight is 9.5 - 10 stone and I'm fairly certain by the time I get down to that I'll be well trained food-wise. It's my intention to stay low carb and I'd like to continue taking CS for lunch by way of maintenance.

Celebrity Slim is by far the easiest diet I've ever tried and I'm not missing or craving anything! I've done the pure Atkins diet- little to no carb- and spent a fortune on food and wasted time in preparation- results were great, but once carbs came back, they weight piled back with a vengeance. I've also done SlimFast shakes, but never really developed a taste for them, nor did they fill me. I also never realised how in the past I was my own worst enemy- my generally low-fat dinners included portions of pasta or rice or potatoes that were just way too big! I was never a huge bread person, nor do I have much of a sweet tooth- but boy, when the mood took me, could I find my way to the bottom of a huge, salty bag of crisps! Or a McDonalds! The convenience of CS does is massively important, as well as the obvious results!

I'd say to anyone who's dithering about trying CS out or not- don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Sure, its a crap name and I agree their advertising campaign doesn't create the best image, but the majority of the posts here are positive- give it a week and see for yourself!

Continued good luck to everyone!

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Hi abbie - that is brilliant - well done to you. I'm a bit like you in a way - something strict suits me better as well. I'm either very good or very bad! 20lbs in 4 weeks is great. How are you feeling?

thinnyminnie - good luck - just get started -it's easy to follow and even in work you could do it. I mix the choc or cafe latte with hot water and it's just like a hot choc or hot coffee. Easy to have in work without letting people know you have started a new diet.

Teamhar - we are about at the same stage - I'm a week doing cs tomorrow and I'd echo what you posted. All I need to do now is go back to the gym as well. I'll be interested to see my weight loss tomorrow after a full week. I feel like my stomach has gone down a lot and when I weighed myself yesterday I was down 6lbs so it seems to be working.

Can I ask how you guys make the shakes up? Do I put it in that shaker think if Im having it hot or cold?

Bit confused :confused::D:D

Hi guys,

You'll crack up when you hear how I'm making my shakes- I use an old Sharwoods curry jar with a lid! I measure some cold water into it, pour in the powder, screw on the lid then shake madly for 30 seconds (holding the lid just in case!). It works perfectly! And when I'm done, I just give it a rinse and leave to drain before using again for lunch. After that, it goes in the dishwasher!

I haven't tried it hot yet, but I don't see why I can't use hot water in the jar instead of cold. Its good, thick glass and I wouldn't use it absolutely boiling! I hear the chocolate and cafe latte flavours are nice hot- must try them out. I've been put off by the chocolate flavour as despite plenty of shaking, it didn't dissolve properly and was very lumpy! Hopefully it was just a bad sachet but hot water would probably prevent that.

April73: Yep, a week tomorrow! If you're a gym member, I really recommend it. The activity makes such a difference in how you feel and I can't say the workouts are making me extra hungry. I think its all the water I'm drinking. I have so much energy now I have no problem getting out the door and going! I know a lot of people like to walk, but being honest, I find walking sooooooo boring! I love the variety of the equipment in the gym, and the fact its there rain or shine.

Cheers,
    T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Well done all on your weight loss!!! :D:D It's great isn't it!

I love the feeling of getting on the scales and seeing that I've lost more weight!! The program is easy to follow which is a big plus! Some of the girls at work or on weight watchers but I find that this works for me! Personally I couldn't handle counting all the points up! :)

What I do with the shakes is make them in the shaker with cold water and if I wanted to heat them stick them in the microwave for about a minute. The chocolate and cafe latte ones are great hot! If the coffee one is not coffee enough for you. You can add a bit of instant coffee to it. I haven't tried it myself but it's suppose to be ok!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 paulinereidjda

hi just wondering how celebrity slim diet is going for anyone on it,,, i find it were good and i,m not craving for chocolate or any sweet thing, im only on it a week now will i strat to crave sweet things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    1979SD- Fair play to you!!! Having support makes all the difference!! Here's a good low carb website! http://genaw.com/lowcarb/

ksambora - Good job on all the exercise! Just so you know, muscle weighs more than fat (Or so people say!) so just because it mightn't be showing on the scales doesn't mean that it's not showing on you. Try measuring yourself and see if you notice any difference.

I have read that water makes no difference to weigh loss. But I have noticed that the weeks when I drink lots of water I tend to lose more so. that's just my experience and I know that it's recommended with pretty much all diets! Just thought that I would give my two cents on it!! (I was pretty confused when I read it so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt!:D:D)

Thanks for the link - very helpfull, making it much easier variety wise and the better half is doing well coming up to the end of week 1 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gkellett

you all sound like your doing really really well i mite give this a go if slender doesnt work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

lol then onto lipotrim then super duperslim etc etc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote: »
    lol then onto lipotrim then super duperslim etc etc :rolleyes:

Whatever loser, cant you read bout the success here? are you just jealous cos your a fat arse??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

gkellett wrote: »
    Whatever loser, cant you read bout the success here? are you just jealous cos your a fat arse??

Haha brilliant. What's the matter is the slender xcellerate making you all angry? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ksambora

Hi everybody, just started CS today so fingers crossed! I ordered the starter pack off the Medicare-Group website and it arrived the next day. I found the booklet to be very interesting and informative, I'd never even though of GI before and it explains how to maintain your goal weight after you reach it without CS. It even has a table with the GI of loads of breakfast cereals, fruit, veg etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NCC

Hi folks
    Started on Celebrity Slim last Tuesday and finding it fine so far. Feel really good.
    Been drinking lots of water but my question is this.... I know they say 'plain water' but I just can't so I've been adding just a taste of Miwadi, the 'no added sugar' ones. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea for my weight loss??
    THanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

NCC- Your supposed to have about two glasses of cordial a day, so using it for all your water would probably effect your weight loss. You should still lose but maybe not as much as you would have. Why don't you try adding some lemon or lime slices and see if that works for you? Hope this helps!

How did everyone's weekend go! I was very very very very bad!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 max2

Hi folks, hope your all well & enjoyed your weekends ?? I went to London on Thursday & back Sunday night with a gang of women....My intentions were good & I was good (by day) for the first few days but boy did I throw the hammer after the hatchet & was bad, bad & very very bad......food drink so much so that when I stood on scales yesterday morn, I have nearly half stone up ! Isent that just dreadful....Now I know we had three nights & days of excessive drink & food, which wouldnt be normal but Im wondering is this the outcome when you do eat carbs again ???? Oh dear back at it again with a heavy heart this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NCC wrote: »
    Been drinking lots of water but my question is this.... I know they say 'plain water' but I just can't so I've been adding just a taste of Miwadi, the 'no added sugar' ones. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea for my weight loss??
    I view dilutables the same as having a glass of water and a small sweet. The size of sweet depends on the amount you use. I use tiny amounts of lemon drink in water. This has no added sugar, but is 10% lemon juice so has some natural sugar in it, not enough for me to worry about. After the heavy dilution there is very little in it. IMO The benefit of me drinking more of this palatable water outweighs and negative effects of the tiny bit of sugar and other crap in the drinks.

Hey all,

Still hanging in there- the weekend wasn't too bad foodwise, but overindulged a bit on red wine which went to my head really quickly with disastrous results. The gym on Monday and Tuesday cleared out the toxins and I was back fat burning by Monday evening, thank goodness.

Feeling a bit low today though, like I could do with a good feed! I'm dreaming of a huge bag of salty crisps! My chocolate shake disappointed me this morning as yet again, it just refused to dissolve properly. I don't get it- all the other flavours are fine!

I'm going to have a snack of a piece of ancient, smelly cheddar cheese and some nuts, before having a shake around 2pm or so. I must think of something tasty for dinner to get me past this little glitch!

I won't succumb!

Good luck!
    T.

Hi guys, this thread has gone very quiet...how are all my fellow CS getting on ???? :confused: Im back on track thankfully & had a good weekend. I could do with some new allowable snack ideas if anyone has any ?? Other than that nothing to report so hope your all doing well.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gardenbliss

Hi
    I am new to the Boards here. Started CS a week ago and lost 4 pounds . I am very happy with this. first week was fine but felt very hungry today during the day, had to bulk up on protein to curb the cravings.
    Waiting for postal delivery of my second week as will be out of shakes tomorrow morning.
    Sourcing it online as i am not that keen on going into pharmacy.
    Want to lose 20pounds in total. Look forward to chatting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mrs Cole

On day two of CS, not finding it too bad. Before I started, i was in a bad habit of not eating brekkie or lunch, just having coffee and biccys in work, and then dinner when i get home. Im having the shakes for brekkie and lunch, and then meat and salad when I get home for dinner. I was also snacking on blueberries yesterday.... very nice. Hoping to lose about a stone, so fingers crossed I can stick to it....Night time seems to be the hardest, as I can be a bit of a serial night-time junk food eater and cupboard raider.

I'll check back in in a few days to let you know how its going. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nornie

hello, i'm a newbie so please have patience if i have teething probs!! I am currently on my second week of cs and i am findin it good goin, I didnt weigh myself before starting (rather not know) but I will this week as my clothes have definitely gotten looser. I know it might not suit all but this diet works great for me as I am allergic to loads of foods, and find it hard to eat healthy stuff as they make me so ill, so I was low on alot of nutrients and takin supplements, but now i am actually feelin great and gettin all the nutrients i need, plus with my evenin meal I am findin that it is agreeing with my tum better than before, and sorry if this is too graphic but I did not get constipated. Readin all ur success stories is makin me more determined to carry on.

hey all,

my ban has been lifted so i'm back. I started cs last thursday. today is tuesday and its been great, i've followed the diet exactly. its not difficult at all and i'm never hungry. My first weigh in is in 2 days so i'll let you know how it goes:)

hey everyone! Im starting on sunday. Got a weeks supply in the chemist. I have a dinner in Oscar Taylors on thurs and friends over for dinner on saturday so was gonna wait to do it....actually .... maybe i could work those meals around the shakes??? sorry thinking out loud now!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Hi all,
    I've just started week 3 and am back on track after a bad week last week. I lost 6lbs the first week, put two on the second week (TOMM - at least that's what I'm putting it down to). Was a bit down in the dumps after that news last Friday and wasn't very good at the weekend but have been back on track now for the last couple of days. Am hoping to get back down again this week. I'm trying to stick to the shakes, snacks and dinner as I think the regular eating helps. Am finding it difficult to drink 2 litres of water though. I am running to the loo and it is driving me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chick36

Hi all,
    Well I've been reading the threads on CS and all related topics/posts over the last few days and have been fascinated by it all! From the weighloss some people have had, to the tips, to the strong points of view other people have had against it! Anyway I felt the need to join in the chat as I'm also new to CS (second day in) - all is good so far and being a former Atkins dieter and having endured Lighter Life for 2 weeks (and lost 1 stone but I just couldn't stand the not eating anymore) then I kind of had a head start with this one...
    Will post more over the next few days in more detail as I'd like to add my thoughts/opinions and advice to other people from my own experiences with dieting but for now I wanted to enter my first post, say hello to you all and thank you for keeping me entertained over the last couple of days or so!
    watch this space... :):D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mrs Cole

Hi Everybody. On day 4 now, not finding it too bad, however, I am dreading the weekend. Starting to get the headaches now....thats normal isnt it??

With each day I get through, I'm determined to stick to it and go further. Its so easy during the day at work.... Shake for brekkie, a handfull of blueberries or carrotsticks at 11am, then another shake at 1:30pm, half an apple sliced up at 3:30pm, then dinner when I get home of meat and salad, and then a small pot of yoplait natural yoghurt with some strawberries and blueberries thrown in at around 9ish. I am a serial chocoholic, so staying away from the chocolate at night time has been the hardest.

Oh, and I must point out that when I started this, I was 10.5 Stone, and Im only "5'3", so I'm hoping to lose at least 1-2 stone.

Will drop by soon and let you know how im getting on!

Welcome aboard......glad to see we're all up & running again...all goin good for me thankfully. The weekend I find the hardest tho...has anyone any tips to keep on track ??? I would love to see/hear what everyone is eating. My day is norm 8am Shake, 11am apple or half orange, 1.30 soupshake, 3.30/4pm 30g cheese or ham or small tin of tuna (usually very hungry in the afternoon) and my dinner which I love is chicken or fish & loads of veg., partial to asparagus at the mo with brocolli green beans & mangetout. My evening is the worse & without doubt the hardest time is when kids go to bed & I get to sit with a cuppa.....but i have taken to having the Atkins choc bar (thanks to Seb_bixby) only 2g carbs & it feels like im having a bar of choc. Its tastes good too...
    What is everyone else having ????

Hi again, im wondering if anyone else is buying CS on line ??? I have bought twice from buy4now, which is the sam mc cauley website & there is a delivery charge of €9.50 which I feel is very high ! So if anyone else is buying CS online have u been payine a delivery fee ??? if not please let me know address etc... thanks a mill... Welcome Mrs Cole you should try the Atkins bars they can be got in boots and they are very nice..like you I have 1.5 stone to loose :eek: so all the help & support is greatly appreciated....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kansaki

Hey all!!

I shall be on my way to get CS in awhile. Cant wait to start it

I have been on lipotrim before for few months, lost 4 stone on it.

So hope this one works for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement