Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 max2

Thanks Seb_bixby - I'm really peed with myself but as you said back in the saddle...I got the atkins bars Friday & your right they are really nice. Its strange some have 2g carbs while others have 2.8g. Ya thinking of the wend & will be good to the best I can as in bacon & egg brekkie etc.. and stay off the carbs where possible...My tipple is vodka & tonic so think im ok there re the carbs - the tonic is not as bad as the diet drinks and sure you can drink vodka pure !!!!!!!!!! What are your recipes for dinners this week ??? I love cooking & trying out new foods, ha ha, hence the weight problem !!!! So any new ideas all greatly accepted !

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Teamhar

Hi, I'm a Celeb Slim newbie- started last Friday and feeling like a million dollars! I ordered my first pack online Tuesday evening and while waiting for delivery, I switched to a very low carb diet to give me a kick start. I bought a pack of Ketostix in the chemist to test that I had switched over to burning fat rather than glucose, and by the time my delivery arrived, I had! The sticks are a great motivator.

The shakes are fine and as long as I drink lots of water, I'm not really that interested in snacking, maybe the odd handful of almonds or a slice of cheddar cheese or a dill pickle. I've been working out in the gym every second day and some moderate walking or swimming the day in between- I've bags of energy all of a sudden! I didn't weigh myself at the start which I'm kicking myself over, but my gym will be reinstating their medical scales soon which will hopefully give me good news. In the meantime, I'm going to test with an old pair of jeans! Overall, I could do with losing a couple of stone.

I'm thinking about trying the soups- the roast chicken sounds lovely. Does anyone have an opinion?

Thanks, and good luck!
    T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 max2

Hi Teamhar, welcome on board, I've been having the roast chicken soup and it is lovely, overall the diet is ok, all the shakes are nice especially the chocolate & the café latte and heated they are fab...
    Im wondering if you can swop times around if anyone knows ?? Today for example, I was really hungry at lunch time so instead of having a shake, i had a tin of sardines in brine with just a handful of rocket leaves. I will have my shake shortly instead of my allowable snack ??? I wouldn’t have the sardines every day, as i don’t know if I could stomach them but checked the tin & there are no carbs- I was going to have a tin of tuna.
    Also if anyone knows which yoghurt is ok, I frightened when I checked carbs on the one I was having last week !! I find the allowable snacks are hard when working to think of things to bring in ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 twister1975

Swapping the times is allowable-it says it in an earlier post.Just have your shake in the evening instead. Had the strawberry shake at lunch time and enjoyed it-have been to the loo so many times today-thankfully my office is next door to toilet!!Is this normal? Mind you am nearing my 3rd litre of H2O?? Good luck to all the newbies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hi guys,

I went to the chemist on saturday to find out about this and the sales lady really put me off. She was trying to promote weight watchers to me instead! Im just so confused at the moment.......:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Hi all,

Well it's day 5 for me and it's going well. It's pretty easy to follow and I've been careful with the snacking and sticking to low carb stuff. The cappucino Atkins bars are very nice btw.
    Max 2- I've done the Atkins diet before and it's very possible to go away on hols or a weekend and eat well while staying off the carbs. Because of the way this diet works eating a load of carbs means that you're no longer burning fat stores and it can take a day or two to get back into that again. Have a cooked breakfast in the morning, a tuna or chicken salad at lunch and then steak or fish with veg for dinner. Nobody would even guess you are on a diet! Also red wine has fewer carbs than white and gin & slimline tonic is another good option.

thinnyminnie - give it a go! WW will work, but it's slower and to be honest you will be less hungry on this diet than counting calories and looking for low-fat options.

Teamhar - it sounds like you are doing great and it's real encouragement to hear it. You're right the ketosticks are a nice motivation as well. I haven't tried the soups yet so I'm afraid I can't comment but let us know if you try them.

Twister - that's a good idea, but I'm glad I'm not doing this in public!
    Start date 12/02/09
    Start weight 12st 02lbs
    Weight loss week 1 ......
    Goal weight 10st 10lbs
    I'm 5 ft 6, so 10st 10lbs get me down to a good bmi and a size 10 so I'll be very happy with that. Fingers crossed - I really want to get back into the skinny jeans I bought when I was at that weight last. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My wife has done lipotrim in the past and can not keep it up, she wants to go back on it but im not happy about it.

Anyway i will suggest this instead and have her follow weight watchers for the 1 meal per day.

Anyone been on both Celebrity slim and lipotrim that can compare them?

I myself am thinking of taking up Karate to lose weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Hi everybody, I have just come off the Atkins diet after 2 weeks, I'm going to start Celebrity slim tomorrow (bought the starter kit today) as it looks much easier to follow not having to cook 3 times a day, easily transported meals, quick breakfast for the mornings ect.

Ive started getting in an hours exercise 4-6 times a week and I already feel much better I'm going to keep this up also, but I have never tried a meal replacement/ shake diet before so this is all new to me.

The Atkins bars Ive seen mentioned here are lovely the hazelnut one is the best one Ive tried and they have them all in boots. Just wondering if an Atkins bar would be a snack or a meal?

Also id love to hear what an adverage weight loss per week with this program is from anybody who has used it before/ is currently doing the program.

Hi, me again!

Still haven't come across a good scales yet- today is my day off from the gym so hoping their scales will reappear tomorrow. I asked one of the attendent guys and he said he'd root them out for me! Ha ha! I know a couple of the local chemists have good scales, but not mad on doing that in public and leaving disheartened- I'd end up falling into a bag of Kettle chips on the way home! Weighing myself at the gym before I do a workout motivates me best.

I think I'm between 12-13 stone :( but will confirm tomorrow! Despite that weight, I'm not massive as my build is quite athletic. All the same, I'd like to see if I can trim down a couple of sizes as I'm currently 14-16. Size 10 would be greatl! I'm around 5' 7" so I guess losing 2-3 stone is on the cards for me!

I'm still not that interested in snacking. I have a shake in the morning, one for lunch and then maybe I might have a piece of cheese or some nuts an hour or two before dinner. Around 9pm, I have a cup of herbal tea and maybe another piece of cheese or a slice of cold ham, and thats only because I'm watching the news and its a tv habit to snack on something!

A word about Atkins- I tried this diet about 5 years ago and had great results with it, but once carbs were reintroduced back into my diet, I ballooned. With Atkins I felt I was consuming too much fat even though it was working, and worked fast! I think the Celeb Slim is a little more reasonable and I'd be wary of Atkins again.

Will come back with a final weigh-in, so at least I have a reference point!

T.

Saruman wrote: »
    My wife has done lipotrim in the past and can not keep it up, she wants to go back on it but im not happy about it.

Anyway i will suggest this instead and have her follow weight watchers for the 1 meal per day.

Anyone been on both Celebrity slim and lipotrim that can compare them?

I myself am thinking of taking up Karate to lose weight.

Hiya. I've been on the Celebrity Slim for less than a week, but find it shockingly easy to stick to. The shakes really are tasty and so easy to whip up- they mix with water rather than horrible skim milk and you don't need a blender or anything special. I'd recommend it to anyone!

As for getting your wife to have a WeightWatchers meal as her evening meal, I wouldn't recommend that. The WW portions are pretty miserable and they're really processed. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't rate them nutritionally. Fine for calorie counting but thats not really what Celebrity Slim is about. More importantly for us dieters, WW meals are not particularly satisfying. With CS, your evening meal is something to look forward to! Lean chicken breasts, pork steak, beef, fish.. done anyway you want, even fried, with a ton of allowable vegetables or salad. Veggies can be steamed, stir-fried, roasted... anything to add variety and you can go mad with spices and seasonings. Myself and the other half eat pretty much exactly the same, except where I'd boil or bake him a couple of potatoes to fill out his plate, I'll just have an extra scoop of veg. It so easy, and you have the joy of knowing that you're eating something unprocessed, fresh and extremely healthy.

Hope that helps!

T.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JAMBOM

HI I STARTED CELEBRITY SLIM A WEEK AGO
    ATE LOADS DIDNT FOLLOW DIET CORRECTLY
    ALLREADY LOST 5 POUNDS
    WAS 15 ST 6 POUNDS NOW I5 ST 1 POUND AWEEK LATER

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Teamhar wrote: »
    As for getting your wife to have a WeightWatchers meal as her evening meal, I wouldn't recommend that. The WW portions are pretty miserable and they're really processed.

No i think you misunderstood. I did not mean a frozen Weight watchers processed meal.

I mean from a weight watchers recipe book. Made fresh etc.

Oh and on a different note, Jambom you can weigh something different at different times of a single day let alone a week.
    You will weight more in the evening than in the morning for instance so make sure you only go by weighing yourself at the same time. Morning is best before you put on clothes and eat anything. It will give you a clearer picture.

If i weighed myself in the morning i would be 5lb less than the same day a few hours later after dinner time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JAMBOM

thanks ill keep that in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 paulinereidjda

hi every one new to this , i started celebrity slim on thursday , i,m doing well but i,m still eating to much, i think .,,, i have a shake in the morning then a snack ,, fruit or a half celebrity slim bar ,, than a shake , dinner i have lots of veg and fish or chicken breast ,, then a snack , maybe nuts os carrot sticks with cream cheese,, im i doing it right,, haven,t eat any thing im not supposted to , but im still haven,t alot of veg at dinner

JAMBOM wrote: »
    HI I STARTED CELEBRITY SLIM A WEEK AGO
    ATE LOADS DIDNT FOLLOW DIET CORRECTLY
    ALLREADY LOST 5 POUNDS
    WAS 15 ST 6 POUNDS NOW I5 ST 1 POUND AWEEK LATER
    im started celebrity slim 5 days now l, havent weight myself yet,, but i think in eating to much veg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

but i think in eating to much veg

Jeebus, is this the kind of mentality CS produces? :(

Providing your veg are mostly of the green leafy kind there is no such thing as eating too many vegetables. Potatoes, sweet potato, parsnip, corn - those veg you eat in moderation but broccoli, beans, kale, spinach, lettuce, onion, sprouts, cauliflower, carrots can all be eaten in abundance and should be part of any balanced diet, *especially* on a restricted calorie 'diet' like CS given their high fibre content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ksambora

Hi everyone, I've just joined boards.ie so excuse me if I get something wrong! I've ordered enough Celebrity Slim for 2 weeks but after reading this thread I am not sure if I will continue using it. It would be great to lose a good few lbs with Celebrity Slim quickly and then keep it off by eating healthily. Does anyone know if a Slender Pro shake would be suitable as a breakfast? In the last couple of years I've noticed that milk and bread don't sit well with me for some reason :( and I don't have the time to cook something for myself in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Hi guys!
    Hope your are all keeping well!! I had written a big response but it looks like it's gotten lost in translation!! :)
    Can't remember everything that I've put into it!! hmmm.
    About yogurts as long as the carbs are less than 10g per 100g you can have 100g. If it works out that there are less than 10g per pot, that's fantastic!! BTW what yogurts are these!?

Thinny- you need to decide what is good for you. If you feel like WW is good for you then go with that. You will need to research any diet and decide what suits you! If you've any questions about CS, if I can help I will!!

Teamhar- Eat the snacks!! Even if your not hungry have something small. It's all about starting your motabilism so that you burn the fat!!

Saruman- I would be careful when following the weight watchers as part of the CS plan. WW is low calorie and fat but CS is reduced carbs. I would say that if your wife is eating dinner with lots of green veg and about 100g-150g of lean meat she will be fine. There are lot of great receipes avaliable on the internet so it doesn't get boring!

Pingu-girl- About the weight loss well everyone is different. The general guidelines for weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week on the CS program, anything over this is a bonus. I would try to steer clear of asking what other people lose every week coz if they tend to lose more than you it can be de-motivating. Remember that as long as you are losing it that's the main thing!! You body will know whats right! Also measure yourself coz you will lose inches aswell!!

paulinereidjda- I tend to agree with Gem on this one. Green veg has very little carbs in it. I eat more veg now than I did before!! 100g of lettuce has about 2g of carbs in it which is nothing!! Like always, take you time and eat until you are full. I base my dinner on 1/4 protein and 3/4 veg. So if I was having 100g of meat then I have 300g of veg!! Any that's just for my dinner!

ksambora- I think that the best thing to do would be check the ingredients and see if there is milk powder in the shake. If it doesn't agree with you might not be best to take it. It is hard to try to get something in the mornings. Why don't you try to prepare something the night before and take it with you in the morning? Small fresh fruit salad of something like that? I generally cook two sausages in the george forman when I'm getting ready and then take them with me!

Hope that helps! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 twister1975

HI all,

Day three of CS and am amazed how easy it is. Enjoying my evening meals so much and feel that I am not over-eating at dinner time which makes a pleasant change.Weighed in at ww today and after three days on CS have 1.5lbs off. SO looking forward to what the result will be after the week on it. Did 12 minutes on the trampoline last pm and will be at aquafit to night and walking with a pal tommorow evening. Replenishing my stocks of CS on Sat for the 2nd week on Monday. Cannot stress to all the people thinking of dicon10.gifoing CS how comfortable it has been so far. Hope this continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Hi all,
    Could anyone recommend any good websites for recipes for the celeb slim diet, my wife's just started yesterday so i want to be supportive and give her something tasty when she comes in from work - excuse the pun!
    Cheers
    1979sd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ksambora

Thanks Seb Bixby, will do. I've been taking Apple Cider tabs for around a week but don't think i will continue, they make me extremely thirsty, drinking almost 3 litres a day which is fine, espcially since the Ladies toilet at work is three flights of stairs away!, but I can't seem to ever quench my thirst which results in no sleep and headaches :( I do find they suppress my appetite, I'm usually ravenous come lunchtime, but it doesn't feel right (am I making any sense :rolleyes: ) I'm starting Celebrity Slim on Monday, I'm moving this weekend and planning to treat myself to a pizza when I'm all unpacked! The thing that annoys me the most is I've been going to the gym around 3 times a week since July and while I can feel muslce built up in my arms and my stomach it seems to be hiding under a few layers of flub that I can't seem to shift so I've started doing 30 - 40 mins on the cross trainer before my regular work out since Christmas but to no avail! I'm sure I'm doing something wrong so any advice would be great :o

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

1979SD- Fair play to you!!! Having support makes all the difference!! Here's a good low carb website! http://genaw.com/lowcarb/

ksambora - Good job on all the exercise! Just so you know, muscle weighs more than fat (Or so people say!) so just because it mightn't be showing on the scales doesn't mean that it's not showing on you. Try measuring yourself and see if you notice any difference.

I have read that water makes no difference to weigh loss. But I have noticed that the weeks when I drink lots of water I tend to lose more so. that's just my experience and I know that it's recommended with pretty much all diets! Just thought that I would give my two cents on it!! (I was pretty confused when I read it so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt!:D:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

God how much sugar are in those shakes? I'm constantly brushing my teeth after them.

I'm also far hungrier than I was on Atkins and more hungry than id be after my pre diet breakfast of a yogurt, juice and a slice of toast.

I feel like an Idiot for buying into this now I really should have known better, I just wanted a quick fix to get about 20lbs off :o. I guess I wont get the extra lbs off before my holiday in 7 weeks after all :(

I know there's no way I could stay on this diet for more than a week or so without cracking and going back on carbs even Atkins is far more doable IMO.

I think I'll start weight watchers instead and keep up the exercise.

Good luck to everybody who is still on this though!

ksambora wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've just joined boards.ie so excuse me if I get something wrong! I've ordered enough Celebrity Slim for 2 weeks but after reading this thread I am not sure if I will continue using it. It would be great to lose a good few lbs with Celebrity Slim quickly and then keep it off by eating healthily. Does anyone know if a Slender Pro shake would be suitable as a breakfast? In the last couple of years I've noticed that milk and bread don't sit well with me for some reason :( and I don't have the time to cook something for myself in the mornings
    YES do it ,
    its the best diet i have being on

pingu_girl wrote: »
    God how much sugar are in those shakes? I'm constantly brushing my teeth after them.

I'm also far hungrier than I was on Atkins and more hungry than id be after my pre diet breakfast of a yogurt, juice and a slice of toast.

I feel like an Idiot for buying into this now I really should have known better, I just wanted a quick fix to get about 20lbs off :o. I guess I wont get the extra lbs off before my holiday in 7 weeks after all :(

I know there's no way I could stay on this diet for more than a week or so without cracking and going back on carbs even Atkins is far more doable IMO.

I think I'll start weight watchers instead and keep up the exercise.

Good luck to everybody who is still on this though!
    iv never tryed the akins diet but cs is the one for me , well only on it a week tomorrow and im happy and not hunary at all

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    Hope your are all keeping well!! I had written a big response but it looks like it's gotten lost in translation!! :)
    Can't remember everything that I've put into it!! hmmm.
    About yogurts as long as the carbs are less than 10g per 100g you can have 100g. If it works out that there are less than 10g per pot, that's fantastic!! BTW what yogurts are these!?

Thinny- you need to decide what is good for you. If you feel like WW is good for you then go with that. You will need to research any diet and decide what suits you! If you've any questions about CS, if I can help I will!!

Teamhar- Eat the snacks!! Even if your not hungry have something small. It's all about starting your motabilism so that you burn the fat!!

Saruman- I would be careful when following the weight watchers as part of the CS plan. WW is low calorie and fat but CS is reduced carbs. I would say that if your wife is eating dinner with lots of green veg and about 100g-150g of lean meat she will be fine. There are lot of great receipes avaliable on the internet so it doesn't get boring!

Pingu-girl- About the weight loss well everyone is different. The general guidelines for weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week on the CS program, anything over this is a bonus. I would try to steer clear of asking what other people lose every week coz if they tend to lose more than you it can be de-motivating. Remember that as long as you are losing it that's the main thing!! You body will know whats right! Also measure yourself coz you will lose inches aswell!!

paulinereidjda- I tend to agree with Gem on this one. Green veg has very little carbs in it. I eat more veg now than I did before!! 100g of lettuce has about 2g of carbs in it which is nothing!! Like always, take you time and eat until you are full. I base my dinner on 1/4 protein and 3/4 veg. So if I was having 100g of meat then I have 300g of veg!! Any that's just for my dinner!

ksambora- I think that the best thing to do would be check the ingredients and see if there is milk powder in the shake. If it doesn't agree with you might not be best to take it. It is hard to try to get something in the mornings. Why don't you try to prepare something the night before and take it with you in the morning? Small fresh fruit salad of something like that? I generally cook two sausages in the george forman when I'm getting ready and then take them with me!

Hope that helps! :D
    yes all my veg are green and onions and garlic are a big part of my diet now ,, im very happy to be eating healhty and feel better even if i dont lose weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    1979SD- Fair play to you!!! Having support makes all the difference!! Here's a good low carb website! http://genaw.com/lowcarb/

ksambora - Good job on all the exercise! Just so you know, muscle weighs more than fat (Or so people say!) so just because it mightn't be showing on the scales doesn't mean that it's not showing on you. Try measuring yourself and see if you notice any difference.

I have read that water makes no difference to weigh loss. But I have noticed that the weeks when I drink lots of water I tend to lose more so. that's just my experience and I know that it's recommended with pretty much all diets! Just thought that I would give my two cents on it!! (I was pretty confused when I read it so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt!:D:D)

Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. 1 pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as 1 pound of fat. Muscle is more dense than fat and takes up less room, so the more muscle you have the leaner and more 'toned' you look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 abbie22

hi this is my first post ,just tought id post as ive been on cs for 4 weeks now and up till last monday i have lost 20lb .I have tried every diet going and find this one really works for me cos it restricts the food i can eat ,im one of these people that needs to be taken by the hand as i am terrible left on my own.

Day 6 for me and I'm down 6lbs so I'm very pleased. I'm not feeling hungry or deprived - but that is ketosis for you!
    I've been reading some of the posts today and I have to say that there is no easy quick simple way of losing weight. Whatever method you choose - Atkins, WW, CS, eating less & exercising more - it all involves disipline and changing eating habits. I know that when I decide I need to lose a few lbs I would love to drop the stone in a couple of weeks but that it is pretty difficult no matter what you do.
    I started this almost a week ago and so far it has been great - it has got me back to thinking and choosing carefully what I eat (I had been very undisiplined over the last few months hence the stone in weight gain).
    Some days I have had two CS Shakes, allowable snacks and my dinner with protein & veg or salad. Other days like today I had a shake for breakfast and a salad with ham, lettuce, peppers, onions, tomatoes and a sprinkling of seeds with pesto dressing. I went to the cinema earlier and snacked on a small bag of peanuts instead of the usual massive tub of popcorn. Tonight I had chicken and ceasar salad for dinner. I probably missed out on enough calcium today but I can make up for that tomorrow with a cheesy omelette. I notice that two CS shakes provide 800mg of calcium a day which is a shade under what I would like to get (1000mg)
    For me this diet is working well - but that's just me - everyone is different. Too much bread, pasta, rice, cakes, biscuits make me fat and make me feel tired and grumpy so I'm happy I started this, but if you find something that works for you that you can stick with, then go with it. Good luck with whatever you go for....

• Advertisement

1979SD - just wanted to say good for you for thinking about encouraging your wife with lovely low carb dinners. She will love you for it! It's so nice when you get a bit of support at home.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement