Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Ive read this thread from beginning to end and still feel that Im going to give this a try. I would prefer to loose 4 stone quickly and put back on one stone while getting back too maintaining rather than not even giving it a go.

I would be interested to talk to other people who are doing CS at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

hi..
    I've a good diet in general and have joined a gym too hoping to get the hot bod back...

Reading this has made me interested in trying the shakes....

Just a question, if you're only eating one meal a day and once you reach target weight you go back to a healthy brekkie, lunch and dinner will you not just put back on the weight?

Thanks!

hi dollybird thats what im wondering too. im assuming you phase out the shakes from 2 to 1? im goin to do a bit of research on it now. you can have fruit in between too i think. ill keep you posted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Hi all,
    I can tell you that this diet defo does work! I've lost a stone and three pounds in about four weeks. It's great. The shakes are lovely and so handy!! Just about the concern about putting back on the weight, I'm now off the shakes and still losing weight eating my normal food!!
    My typical day on the plan with shakes would have been
    Breakfast shakes, usually choco heated in microwave. Yummy!
    Snack- mandarian
    Lunch- shake
    Snack- small tuna salad
    Dinner- steak and veggie

This is just an example and there are loads of reciepes there is even a reciepe for the low carb chocolate cake that you make in the microwave. It's fab!!
    I bought my first pack on line from an English company because I didn't know where to buy it here. I'm in Sligo. It was around the same cost and was delivered to my door. But if you can find a chemist that does it around you they will do a weekly weigh in with you. This is great for the motivation.
    You can drink up to three glasses of dry white wine a week.
    The week ends are tough but if you have your way day on Monday it does help you to think "I'm not wasting my whole hard weeks worth of being good for a take away!" There is a reciepe for a Thai red curry aswell which I've had while the OH is getting take away.
    The atkins choco bars are lovely. you can get them in Boots. You can eat a full one for your allowable snack and they are fantastic, esp if watching a film or going to cinema. I also make some dips and eat them with cut up veg when chilling at home to!!
    Hope this helps!! :D

Seb bixby can i put you in my pocket and you can tell me what to do as I go along?!! lol! :D

I think Im going to buy this on saturday but am a tiny bit unsure still. I have about 4-5 stone to loose.

What are you having now then? Porridge for brekkie, salads, fruit and a low carb dinner kind of thing?

The fact that you can have 3 glasses on wine makes it a bit more sociable I think. Did you have any cheats at all?

• Advertisement

Lol! Well I'll be here if you need help! :)

Usually sausages or rashers or eggs for brekie. If you put 2 beaten eggs and what ever else you like( I usually add tomatoes, bacon[cooked of course!] and a bit of cheese) into a ziplock bag and put it into a pot of boiling water until it's cooked. You get an omlette which is easy to make and clean up after for breakfast!
    Snacks whatever takes my fancy at the time!
    Lunch- salad or soup (Homemade, surprising easy to make and tasty!)
    Snack again whatever I feel like at the time.
    Dinner it depends what I'm in the mood for as well. I love bacon,Turnip and cabbage!!!
    It's very easy to keep up once you get used to it. Just drink lots an lots of water!!! I'm now drinking about 3 litres a day. Took a while to get used to but it's second nature now!
    Ya the wine does help!!
    I broke out one night where i had the three glasses in the one night and it didn't effect the weight loss. Other than that I didn't need to break out coz i didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. The atkins bars really are fantastic!!!:D

Oooh you can have the three in one night! Yay!!

Your more or less sticking to an atkins style diet now then. Do you have any carbs at all? I would be restricted at breakfast to cook that kind of thing, although I could have a smoothie or something similar? Are smoothies bad? I really need to educate myself while I do this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 twister1975

Seb_bixy well done on the loss. Can I ask you and other CS users if you had any side effects ? Got an appointment for starting CS tomorrow avo and looking forward to getting started on it! Just contemplating wether to start it on Sat or wait til Mon! If ye all say the weekends are hardest maybe i shall prolong til Mon? I am getting married in OCt and have lost 17 lbs already but would love another 4 stone to get to 9 stone. Whats the expected weight loss? Ta xx

Twister Im about the same as you although havent lost 17lbs so far! How did you manage that??

I have about 4 stone to loose too and am interested in any replies on this.

Shouldn't really have three a night but what the hey!!

There are carbs in all veg just more in some than others!! I'm still trying to lose weight so I'm steering clear of the carb rich food, rice pasta, bread, potatoes!! Still eating loads though and losing weight!!
    For breakfast I generally just stick two sausages into the george forman while I'm getting ready and then just eat them. It's handy!!
    Fruit is quite high in carbs so would the yogurt they are made with. I won't think that would be the best choice but I could be wrong! :D
    The general rule of thumb is anything that is less than 10g of carbs per hundred is good to eat so check that on the packs. Tesco veg has all that info on the packs so check them as a guidelines even if you don't buy there it'll give you an idea!!

The weight loss varys from person to person. The recommended is one to two pounds a week. Doesn't seem like much but it really adds up!! :D:D If you work hard at it drink loads of water and exercise then you will see a huge difference. Measure yourself as well because sometimes you lose inches quicker than pounds which is wha really counts!!

There will be some side effects at the start. I had a head ache and felt tired and that for the first few days but it passed and I feel better than ever now!! I had some bad breath but sugar free chewing gum sorted that out!!

Twister when ever you feell is best for you to start then start!! If you feel that monday is best then start then. I would advise you not to go mad over the weekend though coz the side effects will be worse when you start!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 max2

Thanks Sex_bixby for all the tips, wow fair play to you big congrats - you seem to have cracked it & you make it sound really easy ??? I have been really good all this week but am dreading the weekend, I find it the hardest time, any tips please on this would be great. Whats your feeling on yoghurt ?? I have been having the tesco greek style low fat(which I love) with strawberries at night for my snack & sometimes during the day will have a pot of low fat yoghurt too ??? Im not sure if this is ok. I bought the asst shakes from buy4now but unfortunatley, they dont have the assorted online anymore 0 why I dont know. The nearest chemist is half hour drive away and im going there tomorow morn to stock up. Is anyone else buying online & if so can you give me the address ??? it would be so much easier... Well done again to all & have a good weekend..

I reckon yogurt is ok as long as it's under 10g of carbs per 100g then You if you had 100g of yogurt you would be eating 10g of carbs. Just be careful coz some yogurts may be less than 10g per 100g but there might be 200g in the pot which would mean that your eating 20g of carbs!! (Hope this makes sense!!)
    You should be aiming for about 100g - 110g of carbs a day. There are 55g of carbs in the two shakes, (less in the CS bars!) so if you allow 10g of carbs for each of your 3 snacks then you will have about 20g of carbs left for your dinner. Green veg is the best there is around 2g of carbs in about 100g of iceberg lettuce. (Again check the packets in Tesco for more info on this!) That's alot of lettuce!! :p

I think the website I got them off was metcafe chemists in the uk but I can't be sure if that is right!!

Weekends are terrible. Very hard. If you plan ahead for the weekend and base it around what you would usually do. For me Friday would always have been curry night from the chinese so instead my OH gets his curry and I cook one myself at home while he's gone to pick it up. We are still sitting to eat together and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Eating at the sametime as everyone else is a good idea coz you are not tempted by there food as you would be if you had finished or not started eating yet. If cooking for more people then when you clear the plates take some fairy liquid with you and poor it on the leftovers on the plates!!! That way you can't eat them!! :D

Why do I always have such long posts!!! :D;):D

Your a mind of information thanks very much - I f I could keep you with me all the time it would be the job !!!! I'm going to have steak this evening & veggies. We're gone mad on asparagus at the mo even hubbie who is not adventurous at all...I have been having chicken & salmon all week steamed in oven with loads of onions, peppers, mushrooms on top along with balsamic vinegar & its lovely. But feel like meat tonight ? how sad is this to be thinking about my dinner at 10.00 am !!!! What is your receipe for curry thats a good idea...sat night is ususally our take out night but lately its nearly always pizza aaaahg...but could opt for the curry instead. Will check out the yoghurt pots im at work now but later have fruit for snacks today & half cs bar. thanks again for all the info its great... xx

Basically the reciepe for the curry is, fry up some chicken pieces and add whatever veg you like to the pan, add a bit of curry paste (Thai red curry paste is prob the best to add, that's what I use) cook for a min until everthing is covered and then add some cocnut milk( the light one in the small tins is prob best coz it's less carbs, just check the labels to see what you can add!!) let it reduce down slightly and that's it!! Really easy and very taste!
    If you need the rice with it, then try some califlower rice!! You just grate some califlower, 120g of cali has about 3 grams of carbs. Heat some oil in a pan and add a bit of onion and some garlic. Then ad the grated califlower and cook for about 5-10 minutes. (Don't let it burn!) I generally add a bit of soy sauce and small salt and pepper. This is the basic reciepe but you may have to change it slightly to suit your tastes! It looks like rice and is quiet tasty aswell!
    If you can get your hands on some low carb wraps then you can make pizza for yourself! (Make sure to check the carbs in these!!) Just get the wrap and add some tomato paste and cheese on top of it and whatever toppings you like. Then pop into the oven until the cheese melts!!
    This website has loads of good receipes including pizza bases!! http://genaw.com/lowcarb/

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Hi all,
    I hope you don't mind me joining in here with you. Have been doing some research on CS on the net and have decided to give it a go. I bought my starter pack this morning and have had the caramel shake so far which was grand.
    I confess to being a previous Atkins dieter/low carb eater which I have tried to stick to as it does work for me. I kind of lost all control over Christmas and am only now taking myself in hand and I have about a stone to lose. I have to do it as all my clothes are definitely getting too tight.
    I know once I get past the next few days I'll actually feel great and have loads more energy. Don't know why I fall back into that sugar overdosing as I know it makes me feel ughh!
    So I'm feeling positive today about starting this :) and I'll keep you posted.

Ok Im convinced! Im gonna buy this tomorrow and start on sunday!

Can I just clarify one or two things?

1) what are the snacks you can have? Its 3 snacks a day isnt it? Can I have a quick couple of ideas on this?

2) I have a dinner out next week so I can get steak and salad or veg which is fine. Can I really have 3 glasses of wine?? Does it not affect it at all? Also if I have the wine will I have to go through the headaches of carb withdrawal again? I just think its a great idea to be able to do this! :D

I have about 5 stone to loose in total. Not planning how long Ill do this for Im just going to take it each week as it comes.

Hi April,
    Do keep us posted it's great to have support from people who know what you are going through!! Best of luck!

Thinny- You can have 3 snacks a day, some idea's are small tuna salad, 30g nuts (great for filling you up!), 2 sticks celery and peanut butter(surprisingly nice!), 30g cheese, ham wraps ( get a slice of ham and fill it with some salad and a bit of mayo, roll it up like a wrap!), atkins bar. Here are a few to get you going! Make sure that you eat all your snacks as they will help you lose weight by kick starting your motiabilism! lots and lots and lots of water!! It really does help!

The wine could effect your weight loss so that you might not lose as much as you could have that week but you should still lose! I had a bad headache the next day and felt groggy but it passed!! Could have been a slight hangover either though!! :)

Thanks seb bixby! I like the idea of celery and some philly extra light! Yum!

I dont drink very often but I just have a few things coming up that I cant get out of!

Great! Ill keep you posted on the progress when I start on sunday!

Make sure to check the carbs on the extra light stuff or the light stuff for that matter!! Sometimes they can have more carbs than the full fat stuff!! But ya philly is lovely with them!! You can make some guacamole either to dip your sticks into!! Really easy and yummy!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Corky021

hi all, started cs on weds. so far it is pretty easy to stick to, however, did anyone else find it hard to sleep during this diet?? usually when my head hits the pillow i'm already dreaming but last night and tonight im sleepless... don't want to weight myself til next wednesday but fingers crossed:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jelly_bean

Hello... new user,
    just started CS 4 days ago, doing well, its tough tho! especially giving up a valentines dinner tonight! :( ah well.. it will be worth it! ;) just wondering if there is anyone else out there to bounce off for some encouragement! :confused:

weight.png

Hi all,
    I hope you are all getting on ok over the weekend. Looks like there are a few new CS people out there so we can keep each other company. Also great to have someone like seb_bixby here for advice as well.
    I'm on day 2 of CS but I'm counting it as day three really as I did an atkins day on day 1. Have a bit of a headache today but I expected that so it's ok. Finding it difficult to drink the water though. Have to really make an effort with that side of things. I've been hungry today so I know I'm not really burning fat stores yet but I reckon tomorrow I should be.
    Myself and my husband are doing valentine's dinner in the house tonight - M&S Dine-in-for-two. We're having baked camembert for starters (with celery for me and he can have the crisp breads), then steak (with salad for me and spuds for him). He can have the dessert and I'll go for sugar-free jelly, spoon of cream and a few almonds (v nice btw). Maybe a glass of wine but I won't over do it on the vino (hopefully!)
    Weighed myself this morning (I can never wait a week) and I'm down four lbs already. All water I know but I'm still pleased. It's good to see it going down instead of creeping up as it has been recently.

Well done April!!! That fantastic so far!! :DThat's four lbs gone never to be seen again!! I found it hard to drink the water as well at the beginning. Stick with it it does get easier. What I found great was getting a two litre bottle of water and drinkin from that during the day. It makes it really easy to keep track of how much you've drunk rather than just having glasses! I'm drinkin at least three litre's a day now!! BTW dinner sounds lovely!
    I've never had any problem sleeping on it. It could be just your body adjusting. I did have a lot more energy so have been straight up in the morning which is brilliant. Maybe it's that you have much energy and it's causing you to find it hard to sleep?? :confused:

Exercise will really help you lose weight but I know the thoughts of it are not nice!! Personally I didn't want to join a gym as they are so expensive!!! Walking is good but can be off putting when all you want to do is sit!! I bought myself a skipping rope (good for the legs and arms!) and a hula hoop(great for the waist!) If you spend a bit of time on each then you will see a big difference. Just thought I'd share coz it worked for me and was cheap and cheerful!! :D:D

Thanks for the reply Seb-bixby. Dinner was yum last night. Avoided any dessert but did have more than one glass of wine!
    Straight back to my chocolate CS shake this morning.Trying hard with the water today and I've done a bit better. Am getting fed-up running to the loo though! I can't imagine how I would ever manage 3 litres :)
    I'm a member of a gym but I have really lapsed over the last few months :o - I need to start going again - tomorrow I promise! I know that will help to make a big difference.
    Anyway I'm glad I started this - too many carbs and I'm grumpy, tired and fat, so I'm feeling a lot better today. I even finally got around to a long-put-off-job of clearing out the kids' playroom. Not finished yet but not too much more to go. Just having a break to grab a coffee and a tuna snack.

I love the chocolate shakes!! Esp when heated up!! Yum!
    Ya it's amazing the extra energy that you have when you give up the carbs!! It's great!! Housework is good exercise as well!! esp hoovering so get cleaning!! Hee hee!
    I'm in the process of buying an apartment with my OH so there will be a lot of cleaning done then!! Excited about it but not looking forward to the moving part!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    Ya it's amazing the extra energy that you have when you give up the carbs!!
    lol :rolleyes:

Hi guys, Hope you all had a good wend & weight loss is down ????? Well I fell off the wagon yet again…..oh im sooo mad with myself…did really well Friday & Saturday even for Valentines was good…we had the m&s dine in probably did have the extra vino but not bad either. However yesterday there was a cake sale in my sons school…..oh I just couldn’t resist…. hubbie bought a chocolate cake & it was to die for, scones, cookies had them all… then we went for lunch…..came home & had more choc cake ! I stood on the scales this morning & the 3lbs weight loss last week is back ! Im back on today with a vengeance….only problem is going to London on Thursday with my sister in laws, 9 of us in total and more than likely it will be a heavy wend ! I really want to have a stone gone for May, my sister is getting married and im maid of honour. We have the 1st dress fitting in march so pg I’ll be ok for then…. Best of luck for this week.....

Oh well max. Back in the saddle and all that jazz!! It'll be fine, just keep at it! Next time you crave something then take a few minutes and eat something that's allowable. It could pass and if not then have a little bit of it and that should do it!!
    London sounds great!! You could try to get some of the snack bars instead of the shakes to bring with you. Handier. Although you prob will want to just enjoy the weekend. Try to go for low carb food. Salads and steak for dinner, Bacon and eggs for your brekie. extra veg instead of potatoes! That kind of thing. Also diet drinks with vodka have very little carbs. Just be aware that your body will burn drink calories before anything else!! Hope that helps! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 twister1975

Hi all CS users,

Well I am 4 hours into the CS way of life and feeling positive and not at all hungry. Had lovely vanilla shake this morning and was nicwly surprised at the taste. Got a yoghut at breaktime in work- seb_bixy it had 7.6g carbs in it for 125 g pot. What does that mean in the daily allowance of things? WOuld I have been better with an apple? You are so knowledgable re CS.
    Thought it would be a good idea for all us CS users to put down either our starting weights and/or our weekly weight losses as an incentive for us all and as a way of encouraging each other? Thought we could end our messages like so-
    Twister1975- Start date 15/02/09
    Start weight 14st 5lbs
    Week one loss-

What do you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement