Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chick36

Hey Mrs Cole!

Well done it sounds like you're doing great! I'm starting to feel like i have lots more energy too which is great! I'm nervous and excited about my weigh in tonight - i know I've definitely lost weight because my scales at home say I'm much less than I was last Monday afternoon when I got weighed at the Pharmacy, but of course that's in the morning when you weigh less anyway so i'm hoping for at least a few pounds but we'll see..

As for the choc bars - well you really must try the Atkins one's, they are like proper chocolate (so much so that I'm not sure if I should be eating them! might ask the Pharmacist later) but they say they have net 2g of carbs so that can't be bad.

Anyway I'm feeling very positive at the moment and generally enjoying the shakes and my snacks/dinner so all good :D

How much weight did you lose in your first week Mrs Cole? (if you don't mind saying?)

Chick x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mrs Cole

Hi Chick,

Sure, I've lost 4.5 lbs last week, so, so far, so good. I only did a little bit of excercise though, so this week Im gonna step it up a bit. I was addicted to caffeine before I started this, and since I've started I've only had 2 cups of coffee..... no chocolate.. only for the CS saw dust bars, and no bicccys...which has been really hard. Oh, and I've cut out all fizzy drinks too, only drinking water.

I had a baby 4 years ago now, and although I know i'll never get back to the little size 8 that I was pre-pregnancy, I would like to get to a size 10. Right now, Im a large 12, you could nearly say size 13 if they made it. When I fell pregnant I was tiny, size 8, 8 stone, and when I fell pregnant I just became addicted to food, and after I had my baby, I was a size 18. ( I worked as a part-time fitness and aerobics instructor before i became pregnant, and the day I found out I was pregnant, gave up healthy food and excercise.) That was a lot of weight to put on in 9 months. As you can imagine, I was severly depressed after that, because I just didnt see it through my pregnancy. My weight over the last 4 years has been a battle, but this seems to be working for me, and it seems easy enough.

Best of luck later with the weigh in..... let me know how it goes!! Fingers crossed for you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 twister1975

Best of luck with the weigh in today Chick-cant wait to hear how you do- Bck on week one now after attempts to start a few weeks ago- was doing well for three days then had a bereavement and my father went into hospital for a serious op so had to stop CS as I was out of routine etc. Back on today and trying to get a full week uninterrupted!
    Just one thing- I have a wedding on Sat? Any advice from ye all for same? What is the maximum drinks I can have and what types? Also the dinner should not be a prob-just avoid the carb element and no bread or potatoes etc any other tips?

Thanks xx

Mrs Cole wrote: »
    Hi Chick,

Sure, I've lost 4.5 lbs last week, so, so far, so good. I only did a little bit of excercise though, so this week Im gonna step it up a bit. I was addicted to caffeine before I started this, and since I've started I've only had 2 cups of coffee..... no chocolate.. only for the CS saw dust bars, and no bicccys...which has been really hard. Oh, and I've cut out all fizzy drinks too, only drinking water.

I had a baby 4 years ago now, and although I know i'll never get back to the little size 8 that I was pre-pregnancy, I would like to get to a size 10. Right now, Im a large 12, you could nearly say size 13 if they made it. When I fell pregnant I was tiny, size 8, 8 stone, and when I fell pregnant I just became addicted to food, and after I had my baby, I was a size 18. ( I worked as a part-time fitness and aerobics instructor before i became pregnant, and the day I found out I was pregnant, gave up healthy food and excercise.) That was a lot of weight to put on in 9 months. As you can imagine, I was severly depressed after that, because I just didnt see it through my pregnancy. My weight over the last 4 years has been a battle, but this seems to be working for me, and it seems easy enough.

Best of luck later with the weigh in..... let me know how it goes!! Fingers crossed for you!!

Sounds like you're doing really well Mrs Cole! Especially giving up caffine and fizzy drinks too! I'm lucky in that I only ever really drank water before anyway so that part of it hasn't been difficult. I am still having about 2 cups of tea/coffee a day but I think that's ok. Your comments about the sawdust bars did make me laugh - and you're right it was a very strange consistancy!

I'm a fair bit bigger than you at a size 18 currently although to be fair I don't think i've ever been 8 stone - not as an adult anyway! I seem to remember my first efforts at dieting when I was about 16 or 17 and I was about 10 stone then - oh to be 10 stone now!! (not going to divulge my full weight, too embarrassed! :o) It is so tough so I really feel for you, but good that this is working for you - it always feels so good once you can see/feel something working eh? It just motivates you to keep going.

Thank you for the good luck wishes - and well done for the 4.5 pounds in your first week that's great! I'll post either later this eve or in the morn to let you know about my weight loss... here's hoping for a good one :D

Best of luck with the weigh in today Chick-cant wait to hear how you do- Bck on week one now after attempts to start a few weeks ago- was doing well for three days then had a bereavement and my father went into hospital for a serious op so had to stop CS as I was out of routine etc. Back on today and trying to get a full week uninterrupted!
    Just one thing- I have a wedding on Sat? Any advice from ye all for same? What is the maximum drinks I can have and what types? Also the dinner should not be a prob-just avoid the carb element and no bread or potatoes etc any other tips?

Thanks xx

Hey Twister!
    Sorry to hear about your bereavement x
    Good luck now that you're back on track :)
    Hmmm... a wedding, now that can be a tricky one especially if there's food there too but yes I guess just try and stick to the meats/veggies if you can! As for the alcohol, I think CS allows for 3 glasses of dry white wine a week so try to stick to that, failing that aim for something like vodka with diet coke or something like that - that's what I stuck to in the beginning stages of Atkins and it seemed to work, and as alot of this CS diet seems to be based on the same principles I'm hoping that's good advice :)

thank you for your good luck wishes - as I said to Mrs Cole, I will post my weight loss either later this eve or in the morn :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Do these types of diet actually work? I don't know as i've never been on one, but presumably you won't follow the plan for your whole life, so would the weight not go back on once you start eating normally again?

Hi Guys!

Well I had my 1st week weigh in tonight at Rowlands Pharmacy and I've lost 8 pounds!!! :D I'm very pleased as you can imagine... and before certain people start jumping on the band wagon with 'it's only water weight blah blah..' I realise that's the 'story' that it's mainly water in the first week but you have to start somewhere and the fact of the matter is, I weigh less, don't feel so bloated anymore, have more energy already and feel really positive. The diet is working well for me and I'm well aware that at the end of the 'plan' i'll need to get into a healthy eating regime but I've done that before and this is certainly helping me get into some good habits, i.e. cutting out the junk, cutting down on the drinking and eating a healthy meal & snacks, increasing my veg and fruit intake so none of that can be bad! Oh yes and this is encouraging me (and giving me the energy) to do some exercise, so another good thing!
    Anyway that has certainly spurred me on to week 2, and to be honest I haven't found the last week difficult at all other than a bit of a craving on Saturday night for some chips, but that soon passed.
    So I hope this is inspiration to my fellow CS dieters! Stick with the plan, it works!
    p.s. in my opinion, chocolate and cafe latte are the best flavours :)
    bye for now.... Chick x

Well done chick!! Im delighted for you! Stick with it!!

Have to agree with you on the shakes.... choc and latte are the best coz you can have them hot or cold.... which is great as a replacement in the morning to having coffee.... meal and coffee replacement in one.... what could be better!!

I think we'll get to our target weight in no time!!!

Well done chick!! Im delighted for you! Stick with it!!

Have to agree with you on the shakes.... choc and latte are the best coz you can have them hot or cold.... which is great as a replacement in the morning to having coffee.... meal and coffee replacement in one.... what could be better!!

I think we'll get to our target weight in no time!!!

Thank you Mrs Cole :) I certainly will stick with it! It's much easier now knowing I have flavours I like to - and I meant to ask before, how do you heat up your drinks? I tried a vanilla one the other day and added a spoon of coffee (which seemed like a good idea - vanilla latte) but I put it in the microwave and it tasted horrible! Tasted like the vanilla was burnt or something so I'm not sure if it's just because I heated it for too long or if I should have used near-boiling water in the shaker - any advice?

I have a while until my target weight (I think my first target is about 2 stone away, but i'd still like to lose another 1-2 stone after that!) however I'm hopefully that i'll get there and i'm sure you will too :D

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nornie

hi, on week three now and I am finding it so easy I actually have noticed that my appetite has nearly vanished and I have no cravings even when my family are scoffing goodies I am not one bit interested, I even bought the atkins bars and felt guilty eating those (the cs bars are gross) I bought a couple of bars in boots and the big ones I ate as a meal and the small bar I had as a snack in the evening with tea they are so scrummie. My only problem is that as I weigh 13 and a half stone and would like to get down to 10 and a half, I dont feel like I lost a huge amount of weight I feel better in myself and my clothes so must be losing. Has anyone been on this diet and not lost much? I weighed myself last week for the first time and will weigh myself this week to see did I lose for sure. Also, how are all u getting on when you are due your time of the month, do you put a few pounds on or bloat or does the cs help with that? would really love to hear your views and advice. My sister started the same time as me with only a few pounds to lose and she is so skinny now she looks great.

• Advertisement

Hey Chick,

We have a boiler in the kitchen in work... its not luke warm but its not boiling either, its just right, so I just use that water. Maybe if you boil the kettle 10 mins before hand, and let it cool a bit before you add the mixture?? Maybe that might work?? I know it says on the back of the pack or in the book that you should heat it in the microwave...but whats the difference??

Try it and let me know how you get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 twister1975

Fantastic news Chick and you must be de'light'ed!! 10 lbs can mean dropping a dress size for some (everyone is different I know) so only two more pounds for you and you'll be hitting the shops for new gear!!. In my case I have a wardrobe of fab clothes in 12's and 14's that I am determined to be fitting in this Summer- currently 18-20 (really a 19 if there was such a thing!) and cant wait to parade round in my lovely summer gear. But most importantly I am getting married at the end of Sept so want to look my best. Fiancee has only known ne heavy so it's not as there's pressure from him to slim. I met him when I was 12 stone and have put three more on since. I am disgusted with myself and determined to put things right. We hope to have a baby next year and I keep reminding myself that weight has to be gone for that purpose too.
    Well done everyone and hope that I will be posting a sucessful weight loss in 6 days time too!!

Hey Chick,

We have a boiler in the kitchen in work... its not luke warm but its not boiling either, its just right, so I just use that water. Maybe if you boil the kettle 10 mins before hand, and let it cool a bit before you add the mixture?? Maybe that might work?? I know it says on the back of the pack or in the book that you should heat it in the microwave...but whats the difference??

Try it and let me know how you get on :)

Hey there!
    Thanks for that - yes I was thinking of either doing that with the kettle or adding part cold part boiling so that it wasn't boiling when added to the mixture. I might do that with my cafe latte in the morning! :) So do you still need to use the shaker or does it mix up just by stirring? By the way, I think the difference is that doing it in the microwave you have the chance of burning the mixture, as I think I did!! so you've obviously got the right idea ;)
    Also, I can't remember if you said about the Atkins bars, if you know if you can have them as a snack? - maybe I should check back on the posts and see if anyone else has done that - I just don't want to be spoiling my good work by having them if I shouldn't!

nornie wrote: »
    ...My only problem is that as I weigh 13 and a half stone and would like to get down to 10 and a half, I dont feel like I lost a huge amount of weight I feel better in myself and my clothes so must be losing. Has anyone been on this diet and not lost much? I weighed myself last week for the first time and will weigh myself this week to see did I lose for sure. Also, how are all u getting on when you are due your time of the month, do you put a few pounds on or bloat or does the cs help with that? would really love to hear your views and advice. My sister started the same time as me with only a few pounds to lose and she is so skinny now she looks great.

Hi Nornie,
    It sounds like you're doing really well so keep it up! I think it's a shame you didn't weigh yourself to begin with as I know for me it's a bit motivating factor if I can see the weight going down on the scale as well as feeling it in myself and my clothes. Maybe you should start weighing yourself once a week (but try to do it at the same point in time each week, e.g. on a Monday morning) or if you're not keen on weighing yourself or worried about becoming obsessed about it then perhaps take your measurements instead? Either way I think it would be a good idea to get a proper indication of how you're doing.
    As for the 2nd part of your question, I don't know the answer to that as I'm only into week 2, day 1! But I would imagine the same rules apply to that time of the month whatever diet you're on - but I could be wrong!
    Good luck with it anyway, and keep up the good work ;)

Fantastic news Chick and you must be de'light'ed!! 10 lbs can mean dropping a dress size for some (everyone is different I know) so only two more pounds for you and you'll be hitting the shops for new gear!!. In my case I have a wardrobe of fab clothes in 12's and 14's that I am determined to be fitting in this Summer- currently 18-20 (really a 19 if there was such a thing!) and cant wait to parade round in my lovely summer gear. But most importantly I am getting married at the end of Sept so want to look my best. Fiancee has only known ne heavy so it's not as there's pressure from him to slim. I met him when I was 12 stone and have put three more on since. I am disgusted with myself and determined to put things right. We hope to have a baby next year and I keep reminding myself that weight has to be gone for that purpose too.
    Well done everyone and hope that I will be posting a sucessful weight loss in 6 days time too!!

Thanks Twister, yes I was very pleased, and I do hope you'll be as successful in your first week :) I'm a size 18 too although I've never really been a 12 so for me just to get down to a 14 would be great which is what I did when on Atkins a few years ago and I was surprisingly slim! Well there can't be any greater motivation than getting married and starting a family! Don't beat yourself up about the fact you've put the weight on, that's done now so just look at the positive which is that you've taken the 1st step to do something about it ;)

Also I must apologise as it seems to be my name all over the last couple of pages!! I just find it really helpful and supportive talking to fellow dieters and sharing advice/successes etc so hopefully you're not all getting sick of me already! lol :rolleyes:

:cool:

thank u chick36 for your encouragement it really helps! I feel a bit bloated at the mo thanks to that time of the month so I will just keep going. Had the cs soup for lunch and it wasnt that nice, kind of like curry flavoured milk!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Hi, I read through about the first 12 pages but decided to skip the rest!

Just hoping G'em could help me, not sure if your still posting replies or not but I would really appreciate it as I am not very over weight, just need to lose a little..

Height: 5'4
    Weight:62.5kg
    Male/ Female:Female
    Activity level per week: 4
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: Im open to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hi G'em me too!! If you dont mind that is :D

I am very overweight. Getting married in 6 months.

Height: 5'3 ish
    Weight: 15 stone 8
    Activity level per week: 4 (gym 3 times a week and salsa once a week)
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active

Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: I dont really like tomatoes (but will have tomatoey pasta sauces). Will eat some fish but not a huge lover of it!

Hi G'em me too!! If you dont mind that is :D

I am very overweight. Getting married in 6 months.

Height: 5'3 ish
    Weight: 15 stone 8
    Activity level per week: 4 (gym 3 times a week and salsa once a week)
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active

Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies: I dont really like tomatoes (but will have tomatoey pasta sauces). Will eat some fish but not a huge lover of it!

Hi Thinnyminnie,

So you given up on CS then? or just looking for an alternative option?

I haven't seen any posts from G'em in a while...

Chick

Hi chick,

I havent given up on it because I never really got started to be honest :o. Im looking for quick fix solutions but dont want to abstain from food either :rolleyes:.

I woke up on monday morning with exactly 6 months to my wedding and panicked. Now I mean hyperventilating n all :D. At the end of the day I need to decide would I be happy enough doing weight watchers and getting about 2.5 stone off in 6 months or doing this kind of diet - loosing quicker but a lot of mental torture.

Until I get my head in the right place I think Im going to stick to ww. Im going to the gym 3 times a week and I do salsa slims once a week too. Im just eating like theres no tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Hey Thinny,

To be honest I think you'll get the same answer from G'em that there's no 'quick fix' and whatever info they give you i'm sure it's just going to be a healthy way of living which will probably reduce your weight by 2-3 pounds a week.

Now I truely believe that different things work for different people - as for me I've lost 8 pounds on CS in the first week (i do realise the first week is always the most weight loss and some of that will be water) but I've found it relatively easy as I enjoy the shakes and have been eating protein rich foods with of course veggies etc but managing to enjoy my meals. I haven't had any real cravings and after the first few days you have much more energy, don't get so hungry and because your blood sugar levels out, don't really get cravings. If you're looking to lose weight at a faster pace I would suggest sticking with this for at least a week in order to give it half a chance?
    But of course I understand if you really don't like it or it's making you feel ill or anything that you shouldn't do it. WW works for lots of people (one of my friends lost about 3.5 stone over about a year or so) so if it works for you then stick with it.
    Whatever you do then good luck!
    Chick x

Thanks chick. At the moment Im sticking to porridge in the morning. Fruit and yogurt snacks. Salad kind of lunch and meat and veg for dinner. Trying to steer clear or carbs and sugar. Ill keep you posted

that sounds like a good plan thinny! good luck with it and do keep me posted... are you exercising too, I can't remember if you said? That will certainly help with the weight loss and toning at the same time :D I've got a few DVD's I like to do from home - Kickboxing, Yoga and one that's supposed to give you a dancers body!! :D I'm feeling much more energy from this diet to do them so that is really helping. Anyway stick with it and keep thinking of the end goal!
    Chick x

Hello all,

Well it's Day 11 but I have to say this has been my most difficult day so far I think! :( I'm feeling a bit under the weather and very tired so that's possibly why but I've had a couple of cravings today fuelled mainly by my work colleague eating McDonalds at lunchtime (I was dying to have one of his chips :eek: but didn't) and then shortbread with his coffee this afternoon - again I really wanted to eat some shortbread but I didn't.
    I'm hoping that this will pass by tomorrow, especially after I have a nice lie in as I've been so good with the CS diet so far and have exercised 3 times this week in the evenings so I don't want to spoil it now. Don't know how much more weight (if any) i've lost since my weigh in on Monday but I'll find out when I go again this Monday :confused:
    So how is everyone else getting on?

Chick x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gardenbliss

Hi
    It is day 12 for me and I have definately felt more hungry over the last 48 hours than I have done previously.
    I find myself exceeding the snack allowance, but have not had any carbohydrate or sugar. However I am probaly having more fruit than I should and I know that these sugars will affect my fat burning.
    i am hoping that it is only a small hitch and that I will be back on track over the next few days.
    In general I find the shakes tasty but they leave me feeling very hungry The bars make me feel fuller for longer.

At my 14 day weigh I was down 6 pounds which I am very happy with. Feels like more in my clothes, but none the less any loss is good.

I see people talking about the atkins bars, where do you get them. I am in Kildare area and boots in this area dont stock them.
    Thank you

Hi
    It is day 12 for me and I have definately felt more hungry over the last 48 hours than I have done previously.
    I find myself exceeding the snack allowance, but have not had any carbohydrate or sugar. However I am probaly having more fruit than I should and I know that these sugars will affect my fat burning.
    i am hoping that it is only a small hitch and that I will be back on track over the next few days.
    In general I find the shakes tasty but they leave me feeling very hungry The bars make me feel fuller for longer.

At my 14 day weigh I was down 6 pounds which I am very happy with. Feels like more in my clothes, but none the less any loss is good.

I see people talking about the atkins bars, where do you get them. I am in Kildare area and boots in this area dont stock them.
    Thank you

Hey Gardenbliss!

Well done for sticking with it so far! It is a shame if the hunger starts kicking in at this point! I usually go over my snack allowance slightly too but stick to the protein foods (eg ham & cheese with some coleslaw). I think you probably should be careful on the fruit or at least eat berries as I think they're the lowest in carbs. Another great snack i've discovered is to have a stick of celery (or 2) with some peanut butter! Crunchy and yummy :D
    You said you were down 6 pounds at your 14 day weigh in, but you originally said this was only day 12 so i'm guessing you meant your 7 day weight in? That is a good loss in the first week so try and stick with it!
    I don't like the CS bars personally, but Atkins do cereal type bars and chocolate bars too - the cereal bars can be bought in packs of 5 from Tesco and I would imagine other supermarket chains - I found them in Tesco in the medicine area with all the diet suppliments/slimfast stuff etc.
    Good luck with finding them, I hope you like them too as they're about £5.40 for a box - I know they do choc chip, cappuccino nut (they're the one's I had) and a berry type I think.
    Keep me posted with your progress ;)
    x

I am becoming brain dead!! it is day 19 for me, sorry lost out on a whole week. I know that makes it 6 pounds in 2 weeks but that is good as I was on low carb regime anyway before starting, so I didnt really have any excess fluid to lose.
    I will definately watch my apple/orange intake and make use of berries.
    I use babybel light/philadelphia as snack portions with some celery but will try some P Butter.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jelly_bean

Hi Guys,
    Just thought i'd check back in for encouragement for anyone starting.
    im in my 5th week of CS and have lost 15 pounds to date. due a weigh tomorrow so i hope to have lost another 2lbs on top of that, cant tell u how great i feel. I'd be lying if i said it was easy peesy, and I cheat a bit now and then to keep me going. I was between a 12-14, now my size 12s are literally hanging off me so going on a big shopping spree tomorrow. Anyways, best of luck everyone, stick with it, it really works. I feel like my old self again, and everyones noticing.... it will be worth it!

:)

hi, week three for me and i have to admit have had some cravings for things like crisps and chips but i have resisted and they passed. i too am probably cheatin with the allowable snacks not by much but would rather cheat than eat half an apple!! i think the cravings have something to do with hormones and times of the month. yesterday i was so busy that i had two shakes and one of the cs bars and i did not feel right i was starvin goin to bed and felt weak, i also felt like i wanted to eat a big hot filling brekkie this mornin rather than my strawberry shake! havent weighed myself yet but clothes definitely looser and i feel v positive and full of energy. goin to keep goin. about the atkins bars my local tesco doesnt do them i get them in my local boots, but i was wonderin does the health food shops sell them i will check today. good luck all....nothing tastes as good as feelin slim does....

• Advertisement

Just to let you all know
    sam Mc C online has 3 for 2 on all the CS products. Out of stock on the bars though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement