Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

well done on loosing 4 stone with lipotrim. why are you trying cd now? has lipotrim not already worked for you?

im confused by your post :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Mrs Cole wrote: »
    On day 4 now, not finding it too bad, however, I am dreading the weekend. Starting to get the headaches now....thats normal isnt it??
    No eating plan should list headaches as a "normal" side effect. Pain is an indication of distress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kansaki

I was on Lipotrim 2 years ago, Weighed 18 stone, got down to like 13.9...
    Iv tried going back on it, but cant get passed teh first few days, so i said i would give this a go!

also lipotrim had a side affect on me, i had thick hair, got real thin and got a lil bald patch :(

Just got my starter pack now so im excited to start it tomoro!
    just watced the dvd in it, so wooooop

g'em wrote: »
    No eating plan should list headaches as a "normal" side effect. Pain is an indication of distress.

Of course your body is gonna get side affects like headaches, Your body is changing, adjusting to less food etc, so your body will have a headache, on any diet, so it is a normal side affect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Kansaki wrote: »
    Of course your body is gonna get side affects like headaches, Your body is changing, adjusting to less food etc, so your body will have a headache, on any diet, so it is a normal side affect

Nope, it's still not normal and it's still a sign of distress, not 'adjustment'. I often have to diet down to get to competition weight and drop a few kilo's in a few weeks and headaches are always on my "something's wrong" list.

How long do they suggest that headaches are to be expected for?

• Advertisement

A day or 2 at most! just means ya have to drink more water, i was told that on lipotrim, that if i got bad headaches, drink more water, its dehydration

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

A day or 2 at most! just means ya have to drink more water, i was told that on lipotrim, that if i got bad headaches, drink more water, its dehydration

So there is something wrong then... Its not a healthy diet side effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

have to completely disagree with you on that one i've been on weight watchers for 6 months & i've never had a headache because of my eating habits nor would i want one! i can eat what i like in fact i eat more now than i ever did just of the right foods & balance that out with exercise which in humble opinion is the only healthy way to loose weight & keep it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chick36

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    So there is something wrong then... Its not a healthy diet side effect.

Actually, part of the reason you have to drink so much water on lipotrim (or lighter life as I have done) is because you are substituting food with meal replacement drinks. A large proportion of our water intake is through food (not sure of the percentages so I won't quote figures) so if you are not 'eating' food then you need to drink more water, and therefore if you don't you will be de-hydrated!
    Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that a complete meal replacement diet is a good idea and is very very difficult to follow - hence why I only lasted 2 weeks - I also have heard a few stories about people on lipotrim/lighter life losing their hair so that obviously is not a good thing!! :eek:
    As for CS, well i'm on day 3 and had the hint of a headache earlier but that seems to have gone now. I've read the many posts on here from people who think it is bad/unhealthy etc but then so is being overweight! We are all very different and as many other people have quoted, different things work for different people. For me personally Atkins was the only diet where I managed to lose a decent amount of weight (2.5 stone) over a few months and managed to keep off for well over a year. In the end it was a combination of having an ankle injury that stopped me being able to exercise and a very stressful job and time in my life that unfortunately got me back to comfort eating and drinking too much wine! Therefore I put the weight back on over a period of about 2 years.
    Again, I don't think that Atkins is the healthiest diet in the world and as many people are saying, healthy eating and exercise is the key which I'm pretty sure the majority of us are well aware of! It's sticking to it that's the problem, so the key is to educate yourself into a healther way of eating in whatever way works best for you. I like the fact that, unlike Atkins, CS still promotes some healthy carbs even in the early stages like fruit and lots of veg so even at that point it's healthier than atkins. I've also tried protein shakes as other people have suggested but the couple I have tried have been disgusting!!! At least the CS shakes mix up nicely and taste good too. I certainly don't think that this is the only answer for everyone who is overweight and I do agree with Gem and others who have commented that healthy balanced diet is the best, however like I said it's not always that easy when you've got used to years of bad habits!
    Anyway I have to get back to work now, I do have a few other bits of info and advice for anyone who is interested - we all have to share these things, like I say some things work for some and not others... oh yes and one other quick comment I have to say is that Yoga is a fantastic form of exercise! For both mind and body, and in fact I was at my slimmest, healthiest and most content when I had lost the weight on Atkins, was at maintenance stage and therefore eating fairly 'normal' balanced diet and practising Yoga 4-5 times a week, even if it was for 20 mins at a time in front of the tv whilst watching Eastenders! It is something you need to have a bit of patience with though initially, especially if you're used to standard aerobics classes.
    Right, i'm off... will be back on soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

Chick36 wrote: »
    Actually, part of the reason you have to drink so much water on lipotrim (or lighter life as I have done) is because you are substituting food with meal replacement drinks. A large proportion of our water intake is through food (not sure of the percentages so I won't quote figures) so if you are not 'eating' food then you need to drink more water, and therefore if you don't you will be de-hydrated!
    Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that a complete meal replacement diet is a good idea and is very very difficult to follow - hence why I only lasted 2 weeks - I also have heard a few stories about people on lipotrim/lighter life losing their hair so that obviously is not a good thing!! :eek:
    As for CS, well i'm on day 3 and had the hint of a headache earlier but that seems to have gone now. I've read the many posts on here from people who think it is bad/unhealthy etc but then so is being overweight! We are all very different and as many other people have quoted, different things work for different people. For me personally Atkins was the only diet where I managed to lose a decent amount of weight (2.5 stone) over a few months and managed to keep off for well over a year. In the end it was a combination of having an ankle injury that stopped me being able to exercise and a very stressful job and time in my life that unfortunately got me back to comfort eating and drinking too much wine! Therefore I put the weight back on over a period of about 2 years.
    Again, I don't think that Atkins is the healthiest diet in the world and as many people are saying, healthy eating and exercise is the key which I'm pretty sure the majority of us are well aware of! It's sticking to it that's the problem, so the key is to educate yourself into a healther way of eating in whatever way works best for you. I like the fact that, unlike Atkins, CS still promotes some healthy carbs even in the early stages like fruit and lots of veg so even at that point it's healthier than atkins. I've also tried protein shakes as other people have suggested but the couple I have tried have been disgusting!!! At least the CS shakes mix up nicely and taste good too. I certainly don't think that this is the only answer for everyone who is overweight and I do agree with Gem and others who have commented that healthy balanced diet is the best, however like I said it's not always that easy when you've got used to years of bad habits!
    Anyway I have to get back to work now, I do have a few other bits of info and advice for anyone who is interested - we all have to share these things, like I say some things work for some and not others... oh yes and one other quick comment I have to say is that Yoga is a fantastic form of exercise! For both mind and body, and in fact I was at my slimmest, healthiest and most content when I had lost the weight on Atkins, was at maintenance stage and therefore eating fairly 'normal' balanced diet and practising Yoga 4-5 times a week, even if it was for 20 mins at a time in front of the tv whilst watching Eastenders! It is something you need to have a bit of patience with though initially, especially if you're used to standard aerobics classes.
    Right, i'm off... will be back on soon :D

that's the problem though Chick36 weight loss isn't meant to be easy & whilst i completely agree with different strokes for different folks i just hate to see people fooled into thinking they can go on a diet like celebrity slim, lipotrim, atkins even weight watchers & think it's going to be an easy ride it's not & that's the point i think most people who have successfuly lost the weight & managed to keep it off find so hard to struggle with when people turn to a diet looking for a quick fix. the weight didn't go on me over night & i sure as hell know it's not coming off over night so far it's been a six month journey of hard work but i mean it i will not be overweight again in my life i will continue to work hard at this because at the end of the day it's my life not just my weight that gets affected by this, i want to be a 90 year old woman & if i don't continue a healty living lifestyle i won't get there. if you want to do well in anything in your life you need to apply hard work to get it - there are no quick fixes but my god i'm sure we all wish there were but the reality is there isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dehydration & starvation...
    ladiee24 wrote: »
    have to completely disagree with you on that one i've been on weight watchers for 6 months & i've never had a headache because of my eating habits nor would i want one! i can eat what i like in fact i eat more now than i ever did just of the right foods & balance that out with exercise which in humble opinion is the only healthy way to loose weight & keep it off.
    Aha!, but WW have a sensible approach. I wonder if CS would equate to more or less "points" as WW would for this particular person. WW points allowance are based on your individual situation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_Watchers
    Members are allocated a certain number of points each day based on their gender, height, current weight, age, and activity level
    This make perfect sense to me, and is fundamentally vital to prescribing a diet. You do not feed a child the same as a grown man, a highly active person would need more food than his twin brother of equal size who is sedentary. The dogs on the street know this makes sense.

BUT lipotrim have a one-(microscopic)-size fits all policy, a miserable sub 500kcal per day allowance, whether you are 50 stone, or 9 stone they reckon you need the same nutrition! And this is coming from http://www.lipotrim.co.uk/
    Lipotrim involves the use of nutrient-complete formula total food replacement products, developed in Britain by qualified nutritionists and experts in weight management
    I would listen to the dogs on the street before these people!

Now from what I read on their site CS have a similar one-size fits all policy, albeit more than lipotrim. Whereas WW and most calorie counting based diets will take into account an estimate of your current metabolic/calorie needs and assign you a reasonable calorie deficit, e.g. 500kcal. A 50 stone man might have need 6000kcal per day just to keep himself warm lying in bed, yet lipotrim are in effect prescribing a 5500kcal deficit to him.

So if CS also are not concerned about your starting weight then I would be very concerned for people who are quite overweight. i.e. CS might be 1500kcal per day rather than 500kcal of lipotrim, but it is still a dangerously high calorie deficit for very large people.

The one size fits all portion is fundamentally flawed. I would be like saying, "whats the average amount of people at a dinner party", and buying in food for that figure, and just allowing people go hungry or have loads left over, without bothering to workout what YOU need YOURSELF.
    also lipotrim had a side affect on me, i had thick hair, got real thin and got a lil bald patch :(
    I doubt you have people going bald on WW.

For me personally Atkins was the only diet where I managed to lose a decent amount of weight (2.5 stone) over a few months and managed to keep off for well over a year.
    got me back to comfort eating and drinking too much wine! Therefore I put the weight back on over a period of about 2 years.
    And this is why fad diets are pointless.

If you go on a proper diet where you inform yourself about food you change the way you eat and the way you look at food. Its a bollocks of a journey but it works and it works for a life time.

If you go on a proper diet where you inform yourself about food you change the way you eat and the way you look at food. Its a bollocks of a journey but it works and it works for a life time.

I did inform myself about food, in fact I know pretty much all there is to know about nutrition and what are the 'right' and 'wrong' things to eat but that doesn't make me stop wanting the things that I shouldn't eat, therefore I could 'fall of the wagon' whatever diet or healthy eating plan I'm on. I think once you've been excessively overweight it's going to be a constant battle or at least concerted effort to watch what you eat - NOTHING is going to change

I did inform myself about food, in fact I know pretty much all there is to know about nutrition and what are the 'right' and 'wrong' things to eat but that doesn't make me stop wanting the things that I shouldn't eat, therefore I could 'fall of the wagon' whatever diet or healthy eating plan I'm on. I think once you've been excessively overweight it's going to be a constant battle or at least concerted effort to watch what you eat - NOTHING is going to change

sorry I meant to say - NOTHING is going to change that

I think once you've been excessively overweight it's going to be a constant battle or at least concerted effort to watch what you eat - NOTHING is going to change

Why would that change anything? Bad eating habits are hard to over come if you're fat or skinny.

I used to be about 2 stone overweight and had some horrible eating habits. I spent months just overcoming these habits and now I wouldn't even consider eating like a used to or even find the idea of doing it appealing. You can't skip this and expect to go straight to weight loss and expect it to stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mrs Cole

Hi Guys...

Sorry for mentioning about the headaches... think I opened a can of worms there... anyway, headaches all gone now, on day 5, and feeling great.

Just a query though if anyone can help....... last night for dinner, i had a salad, dry with no dressing, and marinated steak strips stirfried in red peppers, then about two hours later I had a small yoplait tub of natural yoghurt, poured it into a bowl, added some fresh blueberries and a table spoon of muesli. Is this ok to eat? Or should I stay away from this for the first couple of weeks.

Before I started CS, i was very ignorant towards food, and basically just ate what I wanted, and believe me, it wasnt a healthy diet.

My motivation behind using CS is not only to lose weight... (hoping to lose 1-1.5 stone), but re-educate myself on food, what to eat, when to eat it.

Oh, and I also had 2 low fat cream crackers, dry with nothing on, before I went to bed. I just need advice, as I dont want to be doing good work on my diet during the day, to ruin it then when I get home at night.

Thanks guys!!

Why would that change anything? Bad eating habits are hard to over come if you're fat or skinny.

I used to be about 2 stone overweight and had some horrible eating habits. I spent months just overcoming these habits and now I wouldn't even consider eating like a used to or even find the idea of doing it appealing. You can't skip this and expect to go straight to weight loss and expect it to stick.

that's great, well done you if you've managed to solve your own problems, that's a great achievement! I know what works for me and what doesn't and I know my own mind but i'm not going to argue with you about it, that's not what i'm here for.

Mrs Cole wrote: »
    Hi Guys...

Sorry for mentioning about the headaches... think I opened a can of worms there... anyway, headaches all gone now, on day 5, and feeling great

Don't worry about that, that's the point of forums like this to discuss things and swap information, anyway glad to hear you're feeling better now!
    Just a query though if anyone can help....... last night for dinner, i had a salad, dry with no dressing, and marinated steak strips stirfried in red peppers, then about two hours later I had a small yoplait tub of natural yoghurt, poured it into a bowl, added some fresh blueberries and a table spoon of muesli. Is this ok to eat? Or should I stay away from this for the first couple of weeks.

I'm fairly sure you shouldn't be eating muesli...
    Oh, and I also had 2 low fat cream crackers, dry with nothing on, before I went to bed. I just need advice, as I dont want to be doing good work on
    my diet during the day, to ruin it then when I get home at night.

And I definitely know you shouldn't be eating cream crackers - don't worry you haven't ruined everything just for 2 cream crackers but I would steer clear of them if you can. It's all about the carbs, so it doesn't matter if they're low fat (in fact low fat usually means high sugar and sugar = carbs) but check the carb content of things on packets, you might find that each cracker only has about 5 or 6 grams of carb per cracker but you would be much better off having a couple of slices of ham or a piece of cheese or something like that if you're still hungry - this is of course in the rules of low carb/CS I'm not necessarily saying they are better for you before I start comments about that! Do you not have the little CS book? it has a table in the back with a list of foods, their carb/protein/calorie/GI content etc?

Sorry guys, I seem to have made my last post very confusing! I was responding to parts of what Mrs Cole had said but it seems because I took other parts out it hasn't posted as responses to quotes but looks like one complete feed so is probably quite a confusing read!:confused:

Sorry about that - hopefully you can decipher it! :rolleyes:

Hey Chick,

Ok, so no cream crackers and no muesli...... Got It!!

Thanks Chick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm fairly sure you shouldn't be eating muesli...
    Dunno if CS specifically says no museli, but I would consider some of them to be fine. Just read the packs, it should have no added sugars, no need. Any sugar should be coming from dried fruit. Just be very careful of portion sizes, I used to eat 1000kcal of museli in the morning and never would have guessed it was that much until I weighed it. It is very calorie dense like nuts, but like nuts it is a great food, if in correct portions.
    Sorry about that - hopefully you can decipher it! :rolleyes:
    I edited that for you. After you make a post you will see an EDIT button under it, you can go back and change it then, you have to then click ADVANCED to fully edit it. If you highlight text you can then click on QUOTE to put it in quotes, the QUOTE button is along the top line where bold, italic etc is, it looks like a little cartoon speech bubble.

rubadub wrote: »
    Dunno if CS specifically says no museli, but I would consider some of them to be fine. Just read the packs, it should have no added sugars, no need. Any sugar should be coming from dried fruit. Just be very careful of portion sizes, I used to eat 1000kcal of museli in the morning and never would have guessed it was that much until I weighed it. It is very calorie dense like nuts, but like nuts it is a great food, if in correct portions.

I edited that for you. After you make a post you will see an EDIT button under it, you can go back and change it then, you have to then click ADVANCED to fully edit it. If you highlight text you can then click on QUOTE to put it in quotes, the QUOTE button is along the top line where bold, italic etc is, it looks like a little cartoon speech bubble.

Ah, thank you very much rubadub! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Atkins is not a fad diet. There have been more than enough studies carried out over the past few years to show that it's a good healthy diet which is based on fresh whole food.

However, any diet has the potential for weight gain if you ignore it. It's all very well to say "inform yourself about food", that doesn't stop you having an extra glass of wine when out for a meal with friends, or an extra portion of pudding at christmas etc. Education is one thing, but portion control also counts.

EileenG wrote: »
    Atkins is not a fad diet. There have been more than enough studies carried out over the past few years to show that it's a good healthy diet which is based on fresh whole food.
    I'd consider any plan that temporarily changes your diet just to loose weight fast a fad diet.
    EileenG wrote: »
    However, any diet has the potential for weight gain if you ignore it. It's all very well to say "inform yourself about food", that doesn't stop you having an extra glass of wine when out for a meal with friends, or an extra portion of pudding at christmas etc. Education is one thing, but portion control also counts.
    Of course not, but if I'm recommending people educate them selves about their food I'm assuming they're finding the right portion and applying it to their eating. That's part of the education, there would be no point me recommending they learn something if they're not going to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I'd consider any plan that temporarily changes your diet just to loose weight fast a fad diet.

Of course not, but if I'm recommending people educate them selves about their food I'm assuming they're finding the right portion and applying it to their eating. That's part of the education, there would be no point me recommending they learn something if they're not going to use it.

So obviously any weight loss diet is a fad, since it changes your diet to lose weight? The basic Atkins diet (fresh meat, oily fish, whole eggs, lots and lots of green vegetables, some nuts, seeds, dairy, fruit and wholegrain) is an excellent diet for life. Many people (who presumably have never read the book) confuse the two week induction phase with the Atkins diet.

Is stew ok? Like oxtail soup with mince potatoe and carrot?

I know potatoies isnt allowed so i basically just had oxtail soup, carrots on 1 bit of mince?

Hi All!

Well it's nearly the end of week one on CS, and weigh in at Rowlands Pharmacy tonight!! quite nervous and excited...I've weighed myself at home although I only bought scales mid way through so I know i've lost some weight but we'll see how much tonight!
    All seems to be going well, I managed the weekend without drinking too much wine, I did have one more glass than I should but it was certainly a lot less than I would normally have and I would normally drink rose which is much sweeter, rather than the dry white topped with soda I had this weekend :D I also had a strong urge to have some chips on Saturday night when I was out, only because I could smell food all around me!! but I didn't give in :)
    Anyway i've noticed some posts about Atkins bars so I've bought some of those and had one as my snack yesterday. It's one of the cereal type bars although I also found some of the chocolate bars too with 2g of net carbs! So I was just wondering if anyone else knows much about them, as in if they're ok as a snack? Would be good to know...
    So how is everyone else getting on on CS?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hello guys,

Chick36 how are the atkins bars? The CS ones arent the best! I tasted the berry fudge one and it has a funny taste! Theyre dear too! Does anyone know what the slim fast bars are like?

This is day 1 for me and its going ok so far. I had a strawberry shake at 7 and an apple at 10 so Im going to have my dinner at lunchtime because Im going to the gym later on. Have an orange for my afternoon snack and a CS chocolate bar for this evening.

Hello guys,

Chick36 how are the atkins bars? The CS ones arent the best! I tasted the berry fudge one and it has a funny taste! Theyre dear too! Does anyone know what the slim fast bars are like?

This is day 1 for me and its going ok so far. I had a strawberry shake at 7 and an apple at 10 so Im going to have my dinner at lunchtime because Im going to the gym later on. Have an orange for my afternoon snack and a CS chocolate bar for this evening.

I've tried the choc fudge CS bar and didn't like it much either! The atkins ones definitely taste better! I've got cappuccino nut which is more like a cereal bar but pretty tasty - I also think you can have this as a snack as opposed to the CS bar's you can have as a meal (or half for a snack) Also Atkins do choc bars which are yummy! I think you can have one of these as a snack too but I'm waiting for someone else to come back and confirm that?? As for the cost, well I bought a box of 5 atkins bars for about £5.70 from tesco and the choc bar was £1.07 from boots so I think they work out a bit cheaper than the CS bars

well good luck with it, stick with it! you probably will find the first few days a bit tough and have a few hunger pangs but nothing drastic (well that's in my experience) as with any change in eating plan there will be a bit of adjusting. But I find the shakes really tasty (best for me are choc and cafe latte) and easy to mix in the shaker - unlike the lighter life ones which needed whisking! Good luck with the gym too - is that a new thing or did you go already? I've been doing some exercise DVD's at home but already feel I have much more energy :D

Will post tomorrow with my weight loss!!

Chick36 x

• Advertisement

Hi Guys! Into week 2 now...... feeling great!

I've started alternating my shakes now, in that, I have a shake for brekkie, a handful of blueberries at break, the CS soups for lunch, apple at around 3pm, then dinner of either steak or chicken fillet with salad and veg, and then a natural yoghurt at around 9ish. Seems to be working a treat, and I have bags of energy. Sometimes the cravings do hit, like, last night, my husband was teasing me with a dairy milk..... he knows how much I love dairy milks.... he was just trying to test me to see if id crumble, but aside from that, he has been REALLY supportive.

Would have to agree about the CS choccie bars, there not the best.... their like chocolate covered saw dust.... and my jaw was killing me after eating one with all that chewing.

I have noticed that I am losing weight in the tummy and behind areas, which I am delighted. I've decided, I am going to take it week by week to see how I get on. The hardest thing I suppose for me, is the whole giving up carbs, as I absolutely love potatoes....baked with cheese, and pasta and rice dishes, so that has been really difficult.

How is everyone else getting on?

Chick - How are you feeling about your weigh in later?? Do you feel that you've lost anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement