Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seb_bixby wrote: »
    You need to re-educate yourself about food to be successful. It's that simple!
    Exactly, it is that simple.
    This is what CS is attempting to do if you properly read and understand the program before embarking on it then I think you could be very successful on it.
    It can easily done without paying over the odds for CS.

http://www.celebrityslim.ie/faq.html#medical
    How does Celebrity Slim work?
    Celebrity Slim works by restricting carbohydrates and overall kilojoules in your diet which stimulates your metabolism to burn more fat. Eating smaller meals more often throughout the day is also important to boost your metabolism. We ask you to aim for 5 - 6 smaller meals, rather than the traditional 2 or 3 larger meals. The result of changing to this way of eating is that you will lose weight.
    No need for this "food" which they say themselves is unsuitable for people under 16.
    Is Celebrity Slim™ safe for children?
    Celebrity Slim™ is classified as a formulated dietary food and is designed to be used by people over 16 years of age. While all of the ingredients used in Celebrity Slim™ are natural, we would not recommend its consumption by children under 16 years.
    I would sooner eat cheaper tastier natural foods that do not have warnings like this on them. I also don't like the idea of doing my food shopping in pharmacies. By restricting the sale to pharmacies it is a con, literally a confidence trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

rubadub wrote: »
    I would sooner eat cheaper tastier natural foods that do not have warnings like this on them. I also don't like the idea of doing my food shopping in pharmacies.

Then isn't it WONDERFUL that nobody is even attempting to make CS compulsory? :D

(And if you like trudging round food shops so much you can pick my stuff up while you are there...pm me when you are going and I will send you a list, and I am sure a lot of the busy mums around here will be happy to do the same)
    By restricting the sale to pharmacies it is a con, literally a confidence trick.

That's a bit of an exaggeration (to say the least) isn't it? Besides, it can be ordered online, and from the North (CHEAP), at that.

Lots of brands of make-up are only available in pharmacies - and, TRUST ME my mouth and eyes are not naturally this colour (and I very much doubt if anyone else's are), does that make them "a con" too?

You can't go round calling everything you don't like "a con".

:rolleyes:

I think too many people approach weight loss with a fixed idea about what works for them and then determine to cut any evidence they find to fit it.

When I was in my 20's, I dropped to a size 10-12 (I am 6ft) in a very few weeks through digging out a garden, and eating only sausage and marmite (seperately - PUH-LEESE!) sandwiches on white bread with LOADS of butter, while only drinking very cheap coffee...

Darn good thing I didn't get a fixed idea that should work for everybody, and close my mind to everything else, isn't it?

I am older...a LOT older...now and my whole metabolism has changed out of recognition.

As a result I look at all the evidence and draw my conclusions with an open mind.

I have watched a very dear (and, actually gothic and gorgeous at ANY weight) friend, break her heart following WW religiously for months on end, walking miles every day, and running around after four kids and lose exactly nothing...though her sister in law and daughter are doing great on weightwatchers...and if her sister dieted she would vanish...

The fattest person I know in Dublin eats perfectly normal 20 something meals, when she isn't dieting in accord with the Doctor and getting nowhere, and she is honestly, morbidly obese and gaining (but AMAZING on the dancefloor).

Another stunningly beautiful lady (a ringer for a young Elizabeth Taylor - with better hair and green eyes). Very health and diet conscious, vegetarian, and works out in the gym every day...and stays huge.

The first most vitally important conclusion is:

DIFFERENT THINGS WORK FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE

The second is:

Everybody's life has more facets than exercise and nutrition, and some of them (eg. taking care of kids, holding down a job, keeping a roof over your head) are not in the "optional" range.

...and you don't have to agree with me unless you want to be right.

Now, if you tell me that something has worked best for you...I believe you, totally, and I know it is going to work best for some other people...

BUT, if somebody else tells me something else has worked best for them I also believe them and know it is going to work best for some other people...though maybe not for you...

This board would be a really useful and constructive place if people could feel free to share and seek information on what works for them, rather than being restricted to a specific agenda (that may not work for them), while the mods turn a blind eye to the likes of Dave trolling them into submission or silence...until they can use that as an excuse to lock the thread.

Overweight is a problem, problems need to be solved, and then moved on from, not to become a life's work.(Unless of course, you want them to become a life's work, which is also fine.)

Apart from their naughty BMI calculator (I noticed), CS is easily one of the most potentially effective weight loss programs to come down the pike for a long time...

The only weight loss program encouraged around here goes as follows:
    1. We will tell you how to lose weight, and if you do not lose weight it is because you are not following the program properly.
    2. If you are following the program properly and do not lose weight you need to throw away the scales.
    3. If you do not enthusiatically praise our program and the amount of weight you are told to guess you have lost on it we will dismiss you as a troll, and, eventually, ban you.

How is that any better than the worst weight loss con you can find on the internet, at the ends of the day?

People post here about weight loss because they have a problem (however large or small) that they want to solve. Ideally by actually losing the weight.

Would it be so terrible if they could find and discuss the solutions that work best for them, their temperaments, and lifestyles, freely here?

PS I have to unsubscribe this thread because it is making me angry - but, for the record, Davei141 has recently "advised" people to subscribe to the strangest things, including racism...so I shouldn't pay him too much attention

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

aare wrote: »
    Then isn't it WONDERFUL that nobody is even attempting to make CS compulsory? :D

(And if you like trudging round food shops so much you can pick my stuff up while you are there...pm me when you are going and I will send you a list, and I am sure a lot of the busy mums around here will be happy to do the same)

That's a bit of an exaggeration (to say the least) isn't it? Besides, it can be ordered online, and from the North (CHEAP), at that.

Lots of brands of make-up are only available in pharmacies - and, TRUST ME my mouth and eyes are not naturally this colour (and I very much doubt if anyone else's are), does that make them "a con" too?

You can't go round calling everything you don't like "a con" (while averting your eyes from any real evidence of a con).

:rolleyes:

I think too many people approach weight loss with a fixed idea about what works for them and then determine to cut any evidence they find to fit it.

When I was in my 20's, I dropped to a size 10-12 (I am 6ft) in a very few weeks through digging out a garden, and eating only sausage and marmite (seperately - PUH-LEESE!) sandwiches on white bread with LOADS of butter, while only drinking very cheap coffee...

Darn good thing I didn't get a fixed idea that should work for everybody, and close my mind to everything else, isn't it?

I am older...a LOT older...now and my whole metabolism has changed out of recognition.

As a result I look at all the evidence and draw my conclusions with an open mind.

I have watched a very dear (and, actually gothic and gorgeous at ANY weight) friend, break her heart following WW religiously for months on end, walking miles every day, and running around after four kids and lose exactly nothing...though her sister in law and daughter are doing great on weightwatchers...and if her sister dieted she would vanish...

The fattest person I know in Dublin eats perfectly normal 20 something meals, when she isn't dieting in accord with the Doctor and getting nowhere, and she is honestly, morbidly obese and gaining (but AMAZING on the dancefloor).

Another stunningly beautiful lady (a ringer for a young Elizabeth Taylor - with better hair and green eyes). Very health and diet conscious, vegetarian, and works out in the gym every day...and stays huge.

The first most vitally important conclusion is:

DIFFERENT THINGS WORK FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE

The second is:

Everybody's life has more facets than exercise and nutrition, and some of them (eg. taking care of kids, holding down a job, keeping a roof over your head) are not in the "optional" range.

...and you don't have to agree with me unless you want to be right.

Now, if you tell me that something has worked best for you...I believe you, totally, and I know it is going to work best for some other people...

BUT, if somebody else tells me something else has worked best for them I also believe them and know it is going to work best for some other people...though maybe not for you...

This board would be a really useful and constructive place if people could feel free to share and seek information on what works for them, rather than being restricted to a specific agenda (that may not work for them), while the mods turn a blind eye to the likes of Dave trolling them into submission or silence...until they can use that as an excuse to lock the thread.

Overweight is a problem, problems need to be solved, and then moved on from, not to become a life's work.(Unless of course, you want them to become a life's work, which is also fine.)

Apart from their naughty BMI calculator (I noticed), CS is easily one of the most potentially effective weight loss programs to come down the pike for a long time...

The only weight loss program encouraged around here goes as follows:
    1. We will tell you how to lose weight, and if you do not lose weight it is because you are not following the program properly.
    2. If you are following the program properly and do not lose weight you need to throw away the scales.
    3. If you do not enthusiatically praise our program and the amount of weight you are told to guess you have lost on it we will dismiss you as a troll, and, eventually, ban you.

How is that any better than the worst weight loss con you can find on the internet, at the ends of the day?

People post here about weight loss because they have a problem (however large or small) that they want to solve. Ideally by actually losing the weight.

Would it be so terrible if they could find and discuss the solutions that work best for them, their temperaments, and lifestyles, freely here?

PS I have to unsubscribe this thread because it is making me angry - but, for the record, Davei141 has recently "advised" people to subscribe to the strangest things, including racism...so I shouldn't pay him too much attention

TBH attacking posts that other people make on totally unrelated topics is a stupid way of trying to win an argument ...

as previously stated countless times, the MAJORITY of people will not start piling on weight if they eat healthy food in the correct quantities and get enough exercise .. The main problem with CS and other such diets is that they are NOT sustainable long term and i honestly dont see how anyone can say that going on a CS diet will teach them to eat healthily in the long term. CS advocates circa 1200 calories per day and if most people were to eat the same no of calories made up of whole / healthy foods (at regular intervals) they would see results very quickly...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

CS have never said that it is unsuitable for people under 16 but that it wouldn't recommend people under 16 use it. I'm sure that most diets would say that. Sure chocolate mousse is not recommended for children either because of the raw eggs.

CS cost me 60 euro for two weeks worth. That works out at 2.15 a meal. That is not really over the odds. How much would it cost you on lunch every day. I think a little more than that!

I will be eating plenty of healthy foods with CS but as I explained in an earlier post I don't have the time to prepare this for my lunch every day and I want to resist the temptation for going into the local Spar. This was my downfall previously. I'm sure that we've all been there.
    "Sure it won't hurt me this once!"

Davei141
    I want to try to avoid the over indulence on holidays and at christmas. There is no reason for me to sit and over eat or eat junk just for these reasons. There are plenty of healthy options I can eat. (Before somebody says it, I will be finished with the shakes by the time that I go on holidays or Christmas comes around again!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

corkcomp wrote: »

as previously stated countless times, the MAJORITY of people will not start piling on weight if they eat healthy food in the correct quantities and get enough exercise .. The main problem with CS and other such diets is that they are NOT sustainable long term and i honestly dont see how anyone can say that going on a CS diet will teach them to eat healthily in the long term. CS advocates circa 1200 calories per day and if most people were to eat the same no of calories made up of whole / healthy foods (at regular intervals) they would see results very quickly...

Bang on the money.
    TBH attacking posts that other people make on totally unrelated topics is a stupid way of trying to win an argument ...

Childish tbh. I can only assume its in relation to me "betting" Jashawn was a black american dudes name in AH. :rolleyes:

Also calling me a troll for advocating people dont crash diet and get stuck in an endless cycle of "trying" to diet their whole life takes some brass neck. There is not many topics i take more seriously.

• Advertisement

Davei141
    I want to try to avoid the over indulence on holidays and at christmas. There is no reason for me to sit and over eat or eat junk just for these reasons. There are plenty of healthy options I can eat. (Before somebody says it, I will be finished with the shakes by the time that I go on holidays or Christmas comes around again!!!)

Im just saying it happens to the best of us. Over the month of december i ate like a king, curries/chocolate/sweets/coke the whole shabang, big frys for breakfast mountains of bread. None of it bothered me though because i knew what i needed to do to sort that out and i knew i was able for it. The past week im back lifting and sorted out my diet the change is amazing. You dont need the shake you just need the knowledge. I still eat like a king just the right food. So much difference. Goodluck.

(And if you like trudging round food shops so much you can pick my stuff up while you are there..
    What I was really getting at is the fact that pharmcies usually work on much higher profit margins. I got the exact same benylin cough syrup in tesco for almost half the price it was in the pharmacy next to it, strepsils were much cheaper too. I would imagine other meal replacments e.g. slimfast, would be more expensive in the pharmacy too.
    You can't go round calling everything you don't like "a con"
    "con" to some means a complete dud or scam, I am not saying it does not work. I am saying con with the original meaning in mind, I do think it is a confidence trick, i.e. the marketing is a confidence trick. By making it only available in pharmacies it has a faux-pharmaceutical air about it, and some people fall for this, they have "confidence" going into a pharmacy that it is somehow medically approved. I know people who will only buy stuff in pharmacies just thinking it is somehow "better", many overpay unaware that a lot of this stuff is not OTC drugs and can be got in supermarkets much cheaper.

Actually yes, in my mind if they restrict the sales to pharmacies for no apparent reason they are playing on some peoples irrational idea/confidence that the stuff is some how "better" in this supposed medically approved environment. It is a marketing trick used in other areas to make things seem "exclusive". There is some shampoo advertised on TV with some line like "this used to only be available to professional stylists, but now YOU can have it too", oh lucky me :rolleyes:

Other things restricted can be high end electronics, they only supply approved shops who agree on fixed prices. These shops are in effect a mini cartel on the product, all charging the same. e.g. I got earphones for €120 on a non approved shopon ebay, which would be €280 in an approved shop here. I expect the same is true of the makeup, they do not want it on sale cheap to keep its exclusive air. Like when levis went mad when tescos were going to sell their jeans cheap.

....Would it be so terrible if they could find and discuss the solutions that work best for them, their temperaments, and lifestyles, freely here?
    Dave has made some very good points, I do not think he is trolling, he seems genuinely concerned. Many here have been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, drank the shakes. They just do not want others to waste years yo-yoing and want to advise what works for them, and explain what did NOT work for them, which is just as important.

While not as drastic as lipotrim, the charter does state
    There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana type topics or crash dieting. If you want to discuss your cabbage and rubber band diet that's alright but don't expect much support (or success for that matter). This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week."

CS is borderline crash dieting IMO. My main issue is the price TBH, that and the fact you could just calorie control yourself with whole foods. Their site has some good info, many could follow their recipes etc and just ditch the shakes, or even make your own cheaper shakes. The threads on lipotrim etc are allowed since people are posting the negative effects which is very important for people to see all sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Dave has made some very good points, I do not think he is trolling, he seems genuinely concerned.

Don't be ridiculous, if he was "genuinely concerned" he wouldn't keep deliberately misrepresenting what I, and others, say to have excuses to attack them.

You can't be "genuinely concerned" about something, when you are only pretending someone said it in the first place!

This really isn't worth my time.

Thanks Davei141. I'm going to take that as a genuine good luck!! :) I did the same over christmas ate so much crap it was unreally. That's why I've decided to quit the fast food!! My main problem is that I know the right food just not the amounts I need to eat so I don't lose any weight!! Like I have said I am using this to kick start the healthy eating! I've bought my food scales today and have started using them which is a big help should have done it sooner!! What kind of foods do you find the best for filling up?

What exactly are you saying then? Your talking a load of waffle. You still havent grasped the concept that everyone isn't like you. Sooner you do the sooner we will see eye to eye.

• Advertisement

Thanks Davei141. I'm going to take that as a genuine good luck!! :) I did the same over christmas ate so much crap it was unreally. That's why I've decided to quit the fast food!! My main problem is that I know the right food just not the amounts I need to eat so I don't lose any weight!! Like I have said I am using this to kick start the healthy eating! I've bought my food scales today and have started using them which is a big help should have done it sooner!! What kind of foods do you find the best for filling up?

I find hot foods to be more satisfying / filling esp during the winter, think veg soup or vegetable curry, its high fibre, very low calorie and filling... also porridge for breakfast .. apples, pears ... chichen / turkey / lean beef / soya yogurts ... TBH I wouldnt worry about portion control when it comes to vegetables or fruit (except bananas!)

Its 100% genuine good luck.

When the CS is over (if your dead set on doing it)hang around the board and keep asking questions its your best way of losing the weight and keeping it off. Food scales is a great idea. Best foods for filling up there is loads really, if your hungry some scrambled eggs is great, maybe throw in some mushrooms and cheese on it too. Chicken fillets (Pure protein) with a load of veg will keep you going for a few hours defo. Get some sardines too maybe, dont be afraid of the calorie content of sardines, a tin is probably 250 cals but chuck some broccoli or cauliflower with it and thats a dinner basically. As whats always advocated on the forum a few nuts will fill a spot. The main thing is when your hungry dont look for some low fat high salt/sugar rubbish snack in a tin to fill the gap, it will make you feel worse after an hour or so and the cycle repeats. When your out for your next shop stock up on the eggs/chicken/turkey/sardines/brocolli/cottage cheese/nuts/cheese/tuna etc, anytime your hungry have some of them with the brocolli or any other veg you like. Avoid things with high sodium and sugar content (basically everything labelled low fat in a tin)

Davei141. I don't think that there was much need for that. I completely understand what your saying about the healthy eating. Personally it doesn't work for me as I tend to get lazy or overeat. I need to learn to know what my body can and can't take and what is good for me, for example I would have thought that I could eat all the sweetcorn or peas that I liked but they are all pointed with weight watchers. I get that everyone isn't like me which is why I'm going to try CS.

Thanks corkcomp. That's a big help. What about parnips? I'm lucky in the sense that I love veg!!! It's just a shame that I love the take aways and sweets more!!! lol!

Sorry Davei141!! Got my wires crossed and thought that was aimed at me!! oops :o

Davei141. I don't think that there was much need for that.

That wasn't directed at you, it was to aare, you posted while i was typing.
    I completely understand what your saying about the healthy eating. Personally it doesn't work for me as I tend to get lazy or overeat. I need to learn to know what my body can and can't take and what is good for me, for example I would have thought that I could eat all the sweetcorn or peas that I liked but they are all pointed with weight watchers. I get that everyone isn't like me which is why I'm going to try CS.

Pea's and sweet corn pack a good few calories so for more bang for you buck basically load up on the broccoli/cauliflower/sprouts etc.
    Thanks corkcomp. That's a big help. What about parnips? I'm lucky in the sense that I love veg!!! It's just a shame that I love the take aways and sweets more!!! lol!

Parsnips would be a good few more cals than say the above i was talking about but eat away they are good for you.

Sorry Davei141!! Got my wires crossed and thought that was aimed at me!! oops :o

LOL!

You want a diet that is sustainable long term, granted some veg fruit / veg have more calories and sugar content than others but I wouldnt worry about this TBH, like you said sweets and take aways are more of a problem!!! If you had a bowl of peas / sweetcorn and parsnips every time instead of take aways / junk that would be a huge step :)

Ha no worries i should of edited it

Davei141

Thanks for the advice! I did my shop today and everything you mentioned was on it!! Also found this spice called Thai 5 spice. You put a teaspoon on a stir fry. Had it tonight for my dinner and it is fantastic!!! For those of you who might be interested!! Not a big fan of Sardines or fish in general. Love tuna with some spring onion so I'll just have that instead!! It's great what you can do with some veg, a tin of tuna a little bit of cheese and an oven!!!

My main problem is that I know the right food just not the amounts I need to eat so I don't lose any weight!! Like I have said I am using this to kick start the healthy eating! I've bought my food scales today and have started using them which is a big help should have done it sooner!! What kind of foods do you find the best for filling up?
    A scales is essential IMO, you are just guessing otherwise. Just start reading food labels nutritional info. But be careful of quoted portion sizes, which are usually tiny. Some study was done and showed soups are very filling, I think it slowed down digestion and sort of fooled your system into thinking it was full of food, (rather than heavily watered down food).

For veg you can check some different brands for info. In tescos their own brand stuff tends to have nutritional info on everything. So even if you do not want their ones, the info will be very similar.
    Also found this spice called Thai 5 spice
    Spices are excellent, since you use a small amount which has negligible calories in it, but it can spice up bland food. If you go to asian shops you can get loads of spices really cheap. Tomato based sauces are also quite low in calories. I sometimes just get pasta sauce which is cheap, and add in my own spices on top. Again just read the labels on the jars, many sauces are loaded with sugar and/or oil.

Thanks rubadub. I find it just as easy to make your own tomato sauce. At least that way you can control what's in it!! Same goes for making your own soup. It works out cheaper in the long run as well. The info on the Tesco food is very helpful! Hopefully it'll be second nature to me in no time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Hi all, started reading this thread as I was really interested in the celebrity slim diet but after reading some of the comments about how starting a healthy diet would really be better in the long run I bit the bullet last week and started what I hope is a healthy diet. I would really appreciate any pointers on improving it.

Typical menu:

1. Breakfast- bowl of cornflakes with lowfat milk and a small cappuchino ( low fat milk).

2. Lunch is either a salad ( with lots greens, tomatoes, pickles, spring onions and either some ham or a boiled egg) or ratatouille ( homemade). Sometimes have a yoghurt during the day- not usually a low fat one as don't like aspartame, so a yoplait or muller, or an orange or apple. Twice a week would have a roll with ham and cheese. Nearly always have a second cappuchino with lowfat milk during the day- I am totally addicted to coffee and asking me to give this up might in fact be soul destroying...

3. Dinner is a stirfry twice a week with barbequed meat ( I just use a bit of sesame oil and soy sauce but might try the five spices mentioned above!), a salad once or twice with meat on griddle or once or twice a week either pasta with a veg based sauce or mash potato with griddled meat and veg.

For January only I'm off alcohol completely but will go back on wine at weekends only ( that would be two bottles at weekend between myself and hubby). For dessert after dinner would have fruit salad or sometimes the frozen yoghurt icecreams at Lidl or nothing.

Bear in mind I am a coeliac so that rules out some things. The rolls and pasta mentioned are gluten free.

As I work full time and have two pre-schoolers I don't have time during week to go to gym or exercise, but I go for a half hour walk each day during my work lunch ( do about two miles) and I go for an hour walk once or twice at the weekend.

I've only just started- this is second week ( last week lost 4.5 pounds) and only weigh myself weekly. I have about 8 pounds to lose to get to 10 stone ( I'm 5' 7'' so would be happy with that). In my dream world would love to be 9.5 stone again like in my twenties but not sure if that is realistic ( or even healthy, but when I was that weight def wasn't super skinny!). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 moverandshaker

Leahsim wrote: »
    Hi Pink, Well done to you. Around the 6th day is the hardest and you might feel a bit tempted by certain foods. Just keep in mind why you're doing it and you should be able to get past it.
    Today was my 7th week and I lost 1 stone this week! So far I've lost 49lbs which is 3 and half stone in 7 weeks! I just can't believe it because I've been on so many diets and was nearly not going to start this one because I was afraid of failing again.
    I have the odd Mr Freeze now and then as my sneaky treat. I'd prefer chocolate but I just don't go there.

Keep it up.

Leah XX

Hi Leah

I have bitten the bullet and bought a starter pack whick ill be using from Monday on! I am amazed by the amount of weight you lost in 7 weeks congratulations. I have already read that the first week is the worst so any tips would be gratefully appreciated! Can you also tell me if your still on it and how much you have lost? I have quite a bit to lose, 4 stone would be a good start!
    Thanks in advance
    Ann

Hi moverandshaker,
    I started CS on Monday. You'll have a headache and feel tired for the first few days. Don't worry it'll pass!! I feel great now. Not tired like I used to be and have way more energy!! It's fantastic and even if I don't lose any weight it's worth it for that.
    There were a few things that I did during the week which really helped. I bought a digital kitchen weighing scales. It's been brilliant coz I can measure everything and I haven't been hungry at all over the week on the recommended portions. I weighted all my meat at the start of the week and put it into individual bags in the freezer. It's really handy so you know what you should be eating.
    Drink lots and lots of water. I can't stress this enough. It'll be hard for the first while but you get used to it pretty quick. It helps if your hungry and it is good for you!!
    The CS bars are not bad. Not as nice as real chocolate but they will help if you are really craving it. You can have one instead of a shake or a half one for an allowable snack. If your going for coffee or something bring one with you instead of ordering something sweet!!
    Stay away from shops if you can at all. I bought all the food I needed before I started so didn't have to go to a shop and get tempted by all the chocolate and crisps.
    Think of the money. I know you have to pay for CS but it works out at about 2.15 a shake. I would have spent double this on lunch and breakfast even when I bring it to work with me. I really noticed that I had more money this week. I barely opened my purse all week because I had all my food and didn't need to snack or spend a fiver if I was in a shop!!! I went into town today with the money I would have spent on crap and bought myself some lovely new make-up!!!
    Spices are fantastic. I bought loads at the start of the week and they are great in stir fries and on meat to give things a lovely flavour. Be creative with your food. It doesn't have to be all boiled veg and stir fries I had a Thai red curry with veg tonight and it was really lovely I didn't even miss the rice.
    Most of all remember that this shouldn't be a quick fix. You should lose weight quickly if you follow it correctly but think long term. I'm sure you wouldn't like to lose the weight and then to put it all back on in a few years time. Remember that you are changing your view of food. Losing the weight is great but keeping it off and being healthy and fit is so much better!!!! :D
    Best of luck and let me know how you get on or if there is anything else that I can help you with! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kyrabell

how u get on with CS

Great!! I'm down 1 stone three pounds and counting!! This is my fourth week. I'm off the shakes now coz it was just a kick start to healthy eating and I only wanted to lose two stone. Most of that is gone now so I will lose the rest by following the program just not eating the shakes!! It's working so far and i have lots of great low carb receipes now to keep me going!! Did you start it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 max2

Hi there, ive been on & off cs for the past three weeks, stick to it all week then break out at the wends.... any tips as you seem to be doing great ! What your typical days eating if you dont mind me asking ??? I have stone to lose. Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭StroppySu

Just read this whole thread from start to finish and i think i'm going to try it. Just need to find one of those pharmacy's on my way home and i'm set. May be on here for support soon!! Any tips on nice recipes etc would be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭StroppySu

PS, is alcohol "allowed" on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 max2

Hi there, yes I htink a 'glass of vino' is allowed but im not 100% sure. I actually cut it out completely during the week but on my breakouts at the wend yes I have had bottles !!!!!!! However, I am back on track with a vengence so onward & upwards eh ??? maybe that should be downwards !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 twister1975

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone on here bought their CS in Mayo? Have tried Foxford Pharmacy anh they dont have the starter pack and tbh thats what I am looking for-dont want to buy the weeks supply of Strawberry before I taste it in case I hate it!!
    Many Thanks-looking forward to starting it but cant seem to find any other pharmacies in Mayo that sell it??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement