Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

aare wrote: »
    And if you were right, I would agree with you, but, unfortunately you aren't, are you?

Because, in the real world a lot of people get to be overweight without eating junk food at all, and the weight doesn't start to fall off everybody as soon as they start eating healthy food.

Absolute Rubbish. In the real world A LOT of people do get over weight from eating junk food. Stop trying to act like every person with a weight problem has what you have and that their only solution is fad diet. Making excuses gets people nowhere.
    If life is that easy for you, great, good luck to you (but do remember to add in some "junk food" when you achieve your optimum weight so you don't waste away:rolleyes:), but it isn't that way for everyone.

No its just that way for the vast majority.

If I just "ate healthy food" at present I would gain weight, fairly rapidly, as I did for almost ten years (actually, if I kept it "gluten free", probably rather more rapidly).

Do you think every person on this board who is overweight has celiac? Seriously. Your an exception to the rule and you know that, so stop trying to apply it to other people.

Apart from that, most of the posters here are adults, and, if they feel that any more rapid, or different weight loss plan is more comfortable for them, for whatever reason, that is their decision to make.

The whole point is people are trying to save them money and time. And its not like adults can be manipulated can it...
    Just because one person "yo yo"s because of rapid weight loss, doesn't mean everybody else does either.

Actually thats what happens most of the time. Funnily enough you like to switch that around when it suits.
    I certainly didn't, except, as I warned earlier, the last 20lbs which probably is largely water, glycogen and "colon contents" (to put it nicely).

Do you think your the majority or the minority? answer truthfully.
    And just because weight loss is rapid, doesn't mean it is "bad". Atkins causes rapid weight loss, so do most of the strategies devised by Gillian the "Poo Doctor" and other professional nutritionists on TV. 2-3 stone in 6 - 8 weeks seems far from unique and the diets injvolved would be my idea of "binge eating".

Atkins doesnt cause rapid weight loss, it causes alot of water loss in the early stages due to less salt and carbs being consumed. After that its pretty steady. I dont pay attention to TV nutritionists.
    I have to admit that I haven't got a CLUE ON EARTH why anyone who can lose weight rapidly by such means would even have a bad dream about Celebrity Slim, let alone Lipotrim...

What are you trying to say? Because there are other crap fad diets out there we should leave CS alone "ah sure its not that bad boss, they could be on the famine diet".
    But then it is easy from me to say that, when I don't have to sort out three kids, a husband and a full time job every day of my life. Maybe if I did have to I would see things differently.

Its as easy to prepare some broccoli and a chicken fillet as it is to bung a pizza in the oven...
    It's senseless and arbitrary to attack people for not seeing things the way you do, not having your metabolism, not having your lifestyle and generally not being you.

It usually starts off with people giving good advice and being nice, but then people like to stick their head in the sand and ignore that advice so they can hop along the fad band wagon. Thats when people get fed up and hostile at such ignorance.
    That just makes people hostile to you and anything you have to say.

Things were alright till lissa and sugarcake started doing the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and saying lalala. Seriously wtf to that. And thats to people wanting to help them. Ignorance looking for a quick fix.
    Towards the beginning of the thread Dragan posted some suggestions for more generic, less pricey protein shakes that could be used for similar meal replacements that will be saving me a fortune if I really can't lose the rest of the weight while eating actual food...and he got a slap in the face for it...which was a bit silly of whoever dished it out, because taking in what he said would pay rather well...and I can't blame him for getting antsy after that...

Thats a general occurrence. They just post looking for people to say "Do it!" or "I used it and think its great" They arent actually looking for any help because they dont care. If they did care they would of listened to the advice. In a while all those above will be back posting on some other fad nonsense.
    G'em tried to suggest that people focus on learning and posting about what kind of healthy lifestyle they would need after the weight came off...and when you are watching the pounds fall is a REALLY good time to start thinking of that, because you are usually beginning to feel positive, confident and thus more open and receptive to change...or at any rate I know I am...

...and G'em got a mouthful for that...which was totally uncalled for...

...and I wouldn't attempt to excuse either situation.

Any constructive advice is always dismissed. If they were prepared to fix the diet right now instead of taking CS it would show they were serious about losing them pounds that they want to lose.
    But as long as someone like you goes on just attacking people, in essence, for not sharing your personal perspective on command, they will remain too defensive to be able to open their minds to whatever they can learn from points of view different to their own...which is a shame, and a terrible waste...

Wake up and read the thread, every form of advice was offered by people. Some were nice, some were extremely helpful, some were just fed up. And ALL of it was dismissed! They arent on the defensive because im hostile, they were defensive before that. They are defensive because they know once they pull their head out of the sand and realise there are no quick fixes.

No offense aare but every topic you bang on about having a messed up metabolism. Every single one. You talk like thats the case for the majority of people when in fact you know right well it is not. Trying to convince people that the only way to lose weight is by using CS or the equivalents just because your rare circumstance called for it, is bang out of order.

Jaino wrote: »

Why dont you start with that then? Its because you want a quick fix and have no intention of sticking to whats on that page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jaino

Davei141 wrote: »
    Why dont you start with that then? Its because you want a quick fix and have no intention of sticking to whats on that page.

I find that very rude. How dare you presume to know what I intend to do? I posted that link because in your very ignorant post you stated that CS just give you the shakes and don't tell you how to eat after you're finished with them.

CS does educate on a sensible diet as you can see.

I DO have the intention of sticking to their advice.

Thank you so much for trying to save me money and showing me that the whole thing is a scam, and telling me I'm being manipulated. But the fact is, I know EXACTLY what I'm doing.

I'm not planning on a 'quick fix' to throw it all away and eat as I had been doing. Many may do that, but I'm not one of them, so please don't tar all CS users with the same brush. You are being very patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

g'em wrote: »
    I'm making a pre-emptive strike here (in before aare!! :D) and add a caveat that this pertains to the majority of people, intolerances, allergies, disorders and other (in fairness) rare difficulties.

Hey...easy there lady...

I believe I have made a full confession of my homicidal jealousy of anyone who CAN lose weight while eating food...ANY FOOD...as in "at all".:D

To be honest (yeah the brief bout of weight loss with actual food is now over, and reversed cos I ate a little yam) I very, seriously doubt if I could rely on losing weight with CS either.

Just to paint in the background here, I have never been someone who went in for "fad diets" at the best of times...or really any conscious dieting, or "healthy eating" (unless you want to count the time in 1984 when my healthy eating strategy involved trading the bread on my sausage sandwiches for brown and drinking loads of "Ribena Heavy"?).

Until I was 40 and got ill with my lungs, you could say I pretty much survived on junk food, and if my clothes got tight (never owned scales till then) I cut back on the chocolate till they fitted again. I used sweetners since about 95, but that was for my teeth really.

As a nice big plus, if my heart ever got broke, I would drop a stone. :D

I was never very thin, but certainly never really overweight either.

I can remember, in my 20s, dropping huge amounts of weight just because I was gardening that summer.

Most of what I know about diet I learned in the past 10 years. At first to try and keep my, then, partner, in the "sane range" in terms of controlling the excess weight that was giving him huge distress...and I have actually had screaming rows with him in defence of my insistance on putting a proper meal in front of him every night (you REALLY don't want to know his alternative), but then to try and reduce my weight, or at least keep it stable while I quit smoking...and that was just through healthy eating and walking...and I gained weight.

(18 months of rigid Atkins stage 1 kept me stable...just)

I had to learn, and I had to learn good, and I had to try everything before, in utter desperation I let myself be talked into Lipotrim - but, if there has to be a "next time" I'll go for Dragan's protein drinks (as long as I can get some that don't trip my intolerances or cost more) and shoes...lots of shoes...he probably would have told me about them two years ago if we hadn't been so busy slapping each other around*(see below) - but on the other hand...WHERE would I put so many shoes?

But I did wake up remembering one thing...personally, I have NEVER had the "yo yo diet effect" in my life...

Once I got weight off with any kind of special effort at all, I KEPT IT OFF...any way I had to...and that held good through all the metabolic changes in my life.

My point is a "normal" metabolism, at least until the age of about 35 (when, sorry guys, but it DOES change and get progressively harder for most people) can reach or sustain a healthy weight with healthy eating (though maybe considerably LESS eating while trying to lose weight).

I will even go so far as to say that I am quite sure that if I had gone in for healthy eating and exercise I would have been a dress size smaller all my life, which, for a clotheshorse on a shoestring like me is a very big spiritual and emotional deal indeed.;)

If you are in that normal range (as, god knows, I was for most of my life) my personal opinion is that you would want to be off your rocker to even consider Slender or CS, let alone dietary purgatory like Lipotrim or the Cambridge.

HOWEVER, I do have other ways of being off my own rocker:eek:, so if you DO make that choice, I don't think it is my place to judge you, though I do feel I should warn you that my own, repeated, experience of "refeeding" suggests that, unless you have at least 30lbs to lose, you probably will be wasting your time and money.

The kind of obesity that makes a person desperate enough to consider signing on for months of living on three drinks, or five snacks, or whatever, is not a normal state of affairs at all. So it stands to reason that the metabolic and other causes are not likely to be in the normal ranges either.

To be truly obese, a person with a normal metabolism would have to be a fairly disgustingly compulsive eater, and during my 8 years of wearing the "fat person suit" (even in the bath) I met a lot of obese people who were honestly nothing of the kind.

Now this isn't a diagnosis, I am just sharing the experiences that made me think, in the hope that they make you think too.

The only conclusions I am certain of beyond doubt are as follows:
    1. Just because you can lose weight with a few simple changes, doesn't mean everybody can, or even that you will still be able to next year.
    2. Just because when you did things like CS, you forgot to keep up the good work, and regained it all again, doesn't mean everybody else will.
    3. Eating junk food isn't the only reason people gain weight, and doesn't even always make people gain weight, or lose it when you cut it out

Apart from that, I REALLY love the idea of people suggesting calorie and nutrition equivalent meal substitutes for the CS stuff.

...and if everybody stands back (again, I know - it was tried before) and stands down any hostile attitude to the CS (and other) slimmers some of them may start to love it too (*once they stop feeling too defensive to read the posts properly).

The need for more efficient (<that word was my 8th try so DO NOT DARE TOUCH IT:p) weight loss isn't going to go away, personally I don't think it can go away for some people, but we could have a lot of healthy fun making the companies who EXPLOIT that need go away...

Yes?

Jaino wrote: »
    I find that very rude. How dare you presume to know what I intend to do? I posted that link because in your very ignorant post you stated that CS just give you the shakes and don't tell you how to eat after you're finished with them.

CS does educate on a sensible diet as you can see.

I DO have the intention of sticking to their advice.

Thank you so much for trying to save me money and showing me that the whole thing is a scam, and telling me I'm being manipulated. But the fact is, I know EXACTLY what I'm doing.

I'm not planning on a 'quick fix' to throw it all away and eat as I had been doing. Many may do that, but I'm not one of them, so please don't tar all CS users with the same brush. You are being very patronising.

Listen, if your not planning on a quick fix what are you doing on CS?

# How do you begin planning meals?
    # How do you know what to eat and when to eat it?
    # The maintenance phase advocates 6 meals a day with moderate low-GI carbs. That's all well and good but do you know how to translate that into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks?
    # How do you cope with normal, regular everyday cravings?
    # Do you have a contingency plan for days when your diet suffers a little?
    # Do you know how to cope with boredom/ emotional eating?
    # And most importantly, do you know how you became overweight in the first place and what you need to do to prevent it happening again

Those were some questions G'em asked and very important ones too.

Every person on CS has said "after it i intend to eat healthy". Would you be able to answer those above questions? Would you be able to stick that for years?

• Advertisement

every form of advice was offered by people. Some were nice, some were extremely helpful, some were just fed up. And ALL of it was dismissed!

That is absolutely true Dave, and if you stand down your hostility enough to actually read my posts properly with a view to understanding what I am saying, and trying to communicate rather than picking out bits to try and twist to score points you may, eventually realise that I am trying to pull the handbrake on that, and reverse the process into a constructive situation.

Whereas your point seems to be about you using the attitude above, which I agree with you was very bad (in fact I probably think it was far worse than you do), as an excuse to blindly divebomb anyone (not even necessarily the same people) who doesn't post exactly what you tell them to.

What on earth do you think that is going to achieve?

I don't think everybody has my metabolism (in my nastier moments I WISH they had:rolleyes:)...and, while we are at it, it isn't even typical for a celiac;)...but I am absolutely certain that not everybody has your metabolism and outlook (including your inability to have the sense and will to keep weight off once you got it off...and you have admitted that yourself).

I also do not think anybody should have to defend their choices (and even metabolism) against my subjective judgement, the way you seem to be expecting them to.

Ill give you my reply tomorrow i have to go now, but ill say this
    (including your inability to have the sense and will to keep weight off once you got it off...and you have admitted that yourself)
    ? Ive never done CS or lipotrim or any of the kind. Im talking generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jaino

Listen, if your not planning on a quick fix what are you doing on CS?

# How do you begin planning meals?
    # How do you know what to eat and when to eat it?
    # The maintenance phase advocates 6 meals a day with moderate low-GI carbs. That's all well and good but do you know how to translate that into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks?
    # How do you cope with normal, regular everyday cravings?
    # Do you have a contingency plan for days when your diet suffers a little?
    # Do you know how to cope with boredom/ emotional eating?
    # And most importantly, do you know how you became overweight in the first place and what you need to do to prevent it happening again

Those were some questions G'em asked and very important ones too.

Every person on CS has said "after it i intend to eat healthy". Would you be able to answer those above questions? Would you be able to stick that for years?

I didn't actually say I wasn't using a quick fix. I said I wasn't planning on using a quick fix to then throw it away by eating unhealthily after. However I'm not altogether happy with the term 'quick fix' as I know CS will not fix my eating habits. I'm using it for possibly just one week, as a 'kickstart' and to give myself a little boost to encourage me to continue.

I'll give your questions a go now.

The first three questions are all pretty much asking the same. With regards to the 6 meals a day, I'm thinking of that as: breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, another snack in the evening. They would be my 6 meals. Obviously they are not big sit down meals each time. Snack would be for example: a piece of fruit, yoghurt, some nuts. That kind of thing. Breakfast: perhaps muesli, scrambled egg, that kind of thing. Lunch: Maybe a soup and brown roll, fruit. Dinner: Some meat, potato and veg. Obviously not the same stuff everyday, but I do have an idea of other healthy recipes. Plenty of good stuff on boards.ie!

How do I cope with normal everyday cravings? I suppose everybody is different in what they crave or whether indeed they have cravings. Personally I would sometimes crave a bag of crisps and a bar when I'm watching TV. I can make good choices with these: Curly Wurlys and a bag of Treble Crunch. Not exactly as good for you as a few carrot sticks but everything in moderation, and I know they aren't as bad as having a bumper pack of doritoes and a mars bar!

Contingency plan wise: Yes I know that there will be days throughout my life when I will be naughty and eat a takeaway and a couple of glasses of wine. This is fine, and I wouldn't beat myself up about it. It's important to get back on track as soon as possible with healthy eating, combined with perhaps upping the exercise.

Boredom/emotional eating? I don't have an emotional eating issue. But I suppose I can be guilty of boredom eating at times. Having healthy snacks around or keeping myself busy is the answer to this. Simply going on boards.ie helps keep food out of my mouth! It's not a huge problem though to be honest, and I think the occasional binge is fine as long as it is occasional.

Do I know how I became overweight in the first place? YES. I stopped watching what I ate. I moved in with the boyfriend, and became lazy and ate takeaway practically every night followed by chocolate bars. AND I really enjoyed myself doing it. I guess I just went a bit mad for a few months. But inevitably I realised that couldn't go on, and my clothes were not fitting right.

I know you'll probably be thinking why on earth are you doing CS as you seem to know how to eat healthily already. But as I said, I'm just doing it to kickstart the weightloss. I actually have eaten more fresh vegetables in the last four days than probably I had for two whole weeks before that.

Ill give you my reply tomorrow i have to go now, but ill say this ? Ive never done CS or lipotrim or any of the kind. Im talking generally.

I didn't say you had (at any rate I didn't mean to??) but you did say you had plenty of personal experience in doing "fad diets" and "yo-yo" effects...and, in truth, apart from a few pounds of stabilising, the only reason for any dieting "yo-yo" effect is that the dieter doesn't have the sense, or make the effort to keep it off after all their hard work...

I will look forward to tomorrow and hope that you have such a great night tonight that you are more interested in making helpful and informative posts than in pointelessy trying to score points (<spot the really cheesey pun) off other posters.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hey...easy there lady...

I believe I have made a full confession of my homicidal jealousy of anyone who CAN lose weight while eating food...ANY FOOD...as in "at all".:D

To be honest (yeah the brief bout of weight loss with actual food is now over, and reversed cos I ate a little yam) I very, seriously doubt if I could rely on losing weight with CS either.

Just to paint in the background here, I have never been someone who went in for "fad diets" at the best of times...or really any conscious dieting, or "healthy eating" (unless you want to count the time in 1984 when my healthy eating strategy involved trading the bread on my sausage sandwiches for brown and drinking loads of "Ribena Heavy"?).

Until I was 40 and got ill with my lungs, you could say I pretty much survived on junk food, and if my clothes got tight (never owned scales till then) I cut back on the chocolate till they fitted again. I used sweetners since about 95, but that was for my teeth really.

As a nice big plus, if my heart ever got broke, I would drop a stone. :D

I was never very thin, but certainly never really overweight either.

I can remember, in my 20s, dropping huge amounts of weight just because I was gardening that summer.

Most of what I know about diet I learned in the past 10 years. At first to try and keep my, then, partner, in the "sane range" in terms of controlling the excess weight that was giving him huge distress...and I have actually had screaming rows with him in defence of my insistance on putting a proper meal in front of him every night (you REALLY don't want to know his alternative), but then to try and reduce my weight, or at least keep it stable while I quit smoking...and that was just through healthy eating and walking...and I gained weight.

(18 months of rigid Atkins stage 1 kept me stable...just)

I had to learn, and I had to learn good, and I had to try everything before, in utter desperation I let myself be talked into Lipotrim - but, if there has to be a "next time" I'll go for Dragan's protein drinks (as long as I can get some that don't trip my intolerances or cost more) and shoes...lots of shoes...he probably would have told me about them two years ago if we hadn't been so busy slapping each other around*(see below) - but on the other hand...WHERE would I put so many shoes?

But I did wake up remembering one thing...personally, I have NEVER had the "yo yo diet effect" in my life...

Once I got weight off with any kind of special effort at all, I KEPT IT OFF...any way I had to...and that held good through all the metabolic changes in my life.

My point is a "normal" metabolism, at least until the age of about 35 (when, sorry guys, but it DOES change and get progressively harder for most people) can reach or sustain a healthy weight with healthy eating (though maybe considerably LESS eating while trying to lose weight).

I will even go so far as to say that I am quite sure that if I had gone in for healthy eating and exercise I would have been a dress size smaller all my life, which, for a clotheshorse on a shoestring like me is a very big spiritual and emotional deal indeed.;)

If you are in that normal range (as, god knows, I was for most of my life) my personal opinion is that you would want to be off your rocker to even consider Slender or CS, let alone dietary purgatory like Lipotrim or the Cambridge.

HOWEVER, I do have other ways of being off my own rocker:eek:, so if you DO make that choice, I don't think it is my place to judge you, though I do feel I should warn you that my own, repeated, experience of "refeeding" suggests that, unless you have at least 30lbs to lose, you probably will be wasting your time and money.

The kind of obesity that makes a person desperate enough to consider signing on for months of living on three drinks, or five snacks, or whatever, is not a normal state of affairs at all. So it stands to reason that the metabolic and other causes are not likely to be in the normal ranges either.

To be truly obese, a person with a normal metabolism would have to be a fairly disgustingly compulsive eater, and during my 8 years of wearing the "fat person suit" (even in the bath) I met a lot of obese people who were honestly nothing of the kind.

Now this isn't a diagnosis, I am just sharing the experiences that made me think, in the hope that they make you think too.

The only conclusions I am certain of beyond doubt are as follows:
    1. Just because you can lose weight with a few simple changes, doesn't mean everybody can, or even that you will still be able to next year.
    2. Just because when you did things like CS, you forgot to keep up the good work, and regained it all again, doesn't mean everybody else will.
    3. Eating junk food isn't the only reason people gain weight, and doesn't even always make people gain weight, or lose it when you cut it out

Apart from that, I REALLY love the idea of people suggesting calorie and nutrition equivalent meal substitutes for the CS stuff.

...and if everybody stands back (again, I know - it was tried before) and stands down any hostile attitude to the CS (and other) slimmers some of them may start to love it too (*once they stop feeling too defensive to read the posts properly).

The need for more efficient (<that word was my 8th try so DO NOT DARE TOUCH IT:p) weight loss isn't going to go away, personally I don't think it can go away for some people, but we could have a lot of healthy fun making the companies who EXPLOIT that need go away...

Yes?

your story is not that unusual TBH, almost all of us are aware that metabolism slows down with age, due to a number of factors but the main one is loss of lean muscle tissue as one gets older. By having a regular exercise routine (even cardio type stuff) and some resistance training you can prevent / reduce this loss of metabolism.... Your sport on that excess weight is not always caused by junk food but it IS OFTEN caused by an ignorance of what constitutes "healthy" food and a major lack of exercise. I know loads of people who have done slim fast / lipotrim and CS type diets and TBH they all have one thing in common, they were looking for a quick fix to a problem that took a long time to occur!

• Advertisement

corkcomp wrote: »
    your story is not that unusual TBH, almost all of us are aware that metabolism slows down with age, due to a number of factors but the main one is loss of lean muscle tissue as one gets older. By having a regular exercise routine (even cardio type stuff) and some resistance training you can prevent / reduce this loss of metabolism.... Your sport on that excess weight is not always caused by junk food but it IS OFTEN caused by an ignorance of what constitutes "healthy" food and a major lack of exercise. I know loads of people who have done slim fast / lipotrim and CS type diets and TBH they all have one thing in common, they were looking for a quick fix to a problem that took a long time to occur!

I think you are spot on too...

Although there is one exception...childbirth CAN cause sudden weight gain that a part of me feels short bursts of CS type diets could work very well for...I just don't know...I would be interested what people think about that?

My weight gain was pretty sudden and unusual, but I think what I keep trying to preach here are the things I have learned from that experience, not only "in the fat girl suit" but also in terms of constantly trying, and failing to find a way out of it.

I really was at the head of the "Ah fer chrissakes just cut out the chocolate and the beer and you'll have it off in no time" brigade for most of my life.

Because that worked for me I just assumed it worked for everyone else and that fat people (like my next kid brother) had utterly disgusting eating habits (he does BTW:eek:), and then suddenly I found myself having this experience that was teaching me that I COULD have been very wrong about that...and the people being very wrong about me hurt like hell...and didn't help at all.

I have to work hard not to project too much of my own feelings into this but even now at relatively realistic size (that happens to be slightly bigger than all my favorite clothes and too flabby to provide opportunities for showing off my belly bar) on the days when I can eat, and weight drops I feel AMAZING...able for anything...but on the weeks when weight slowly climbs whatever I do, and will not go away, I feel like a part of me is dying and not in a happy way.

To see people jumping up and down and insisting that ANYONE can lose weight if they just eat healthy and exercise, and there is something wrong/lazy/other, if you don't, when you honestly can't, is soul destroying...and I can't help wondering how many posters are feeling that way too...whether because of hard facts (like me) or because of the way they feel at that time, making them feel worse, and making them defensive cannot possibly achieve anything good, and is absolutely unnecessary too.

Oh DAMN!!! I'm on me pulpit agin...

Somebody kick me off...I am supposed to be on me way to saturday night here...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Few questions. I have about 14lbs to loose.

1. Is it expensive?
    2. What do the sachets taste like? For example strawberry or vegetable
    3. Is it made with hot water/milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just because you can lose weight with a few simple changes, doesn't mean everybody can
    More like not everybody can stick to the simple changes. It is a simple equation, match your energy intake to your energy expenditure. Simple concept, but not simple for people who like their food. If you have allergies then it can be hard to ingest your nutritional needs, but for most people this is not a real issue, except the food they might eat is nutritionally poor, so they would have to eat more of it. Again, simple solution, eat more nutritious food. People can manage to fuel their cars correctly, they know to stop fuelling when petrol is spilling out the tank, yet do not stop when fat is spilling out the top of their jeans.
    corkcomp wrote: »
    almost all of us are aware that metabolism slows down with age
    Many do not know this. I find the vast majority of people completely ignorant about food and energy needs. I remember 2 of my mates drinking coors light. They said they were drinking it since it had no fat, and therefore concluded it would not make them fat. The 2 of them were convinced that the ONLY thing that made you fat was eating fat. They also concluded that guinness did contain fat as it gave you a beer belly. Crazy but true. Some poster here knew a woman who thought the more lean cuisines you eat the thinner you get. In a thread the other day somebody was wondering why unsalted peanuts had the same calories as salted ones, sort of using calories as a measure of "healthiness". The higher the "score" the worse they are for you.

Many are ignorant of metabolic change or else think it just happens when you hit 70 or 80. A friend who is 30 said she was really thin in her teens and commented on her sister being so thin, (sister around 20), I asked if they ate the same amounts (fishing!), she said yes, and yes as though to be shocked- "how is she not as big". I just said you should be eating less than you did when you were 20, your metabolism has changed. You need to eat less to survive. She couldn't get her head around this at all.

Also many do not realise when they lose fat then their metabolism also drops. You should not diet, lose the fat, then go back to what you were eating when you were twice that size, but many do. Many cannot get their head around the fact that big people need more food to survive.
    Lipotrim involves the use of nutrient-complete formula total food replacement products, developed in Britain by qualified nutritionists and experts in weight management
    Even those "experts" recommend feeding a short 8stone woman whos BMI is 25.1 should eat the EXACT same amount as a 50stone woman, and thats the experts!
    you can prevent / reduce this loss of metabolism
    Or you can rejoice in your new found energy efficiency. Seriously, everybody seems so scared of this increased efficiency, yet would highly value an energy efficient car or appliance. If you are trying to be "ECO friendly" then eating less is a good way, just another form of fuel saving. I think the average person in Ireland eats either 3500 or 3800kcal, this is a huge amount. If people began to eat the amount they only needed there would be far less waste and energy saved in the associated transport and production of this unnecessary food. Also calorie restriction is said to slow the ageing process and prolong lifespan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carlow lass

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Few questions. I have about 14lbs to loose.

1. Is it expensive?
    2. What do the sachets taste like? For example strawberry or vegetable
    3. Is it made with hot water/milk?

Hi. I started cs a week ago and i've lost a half stone. I didn't find it difficult at all. I did LP last year and only lasted a couple of days as you can not eat at all on lp but with cs you can have a healty dinner each evening. To answer your questions........... It's €42 for your starter pack which includes a shaker for mixing your shakes, a dvd, a book of recipies and lists of foods you can eat and a list of foods you can eat. the weekly pack is €32.99 each week after that. There is a range of shakes in each pack. 4 chocolate, 2 bannana, 2 strawberry, 2 vanilla, 2 caramel, 2 cafe latte. you can also buy chicken soup in a seperate pack and bars, which are chocolate fudge and some kind of strawbwerr bar. You mix the shakes with 200ml of cold water, you can heat the chocolate and the cafe latte if you fancy a hot drink and canderel if you want to sweeten it.
    They taste nice in comparrison to LP.
    I've never been able to diet as i don't have the will power to stick to any diet but with this one, it has fast results which i like cos it gives me the incentive to stick with it when i saw the scales after just one week

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Carlow lass..do u mind me asking where you bought urs? ive looked around cw and havent seen it anywhere..also do you find it hard to come up with dinner ideas when the carbs are not allowed? Does it feel like ur missing somethin from ur meals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carlow lass

Hi
    I bought it in Sam Mc Cauleys in bunclody, it hasn't arrived in any of the chemists in carlow town yet but i'm told they are due to get it in. I'm finding dinner quite easy to be honest. I have to cook a dinner every day for my husband and children, so what ever i'm cooking for them i'll have the same without the potatoes. For example, I had the stew witout the potatoes, Ham and cabbage roast beef and cauliflower and on the days when i'm doing something i truly can't have i make myself a huge salad with chicken breasts. And last weekend i made myself an ommlette with a salad, it was lovely, don't forget you can have the low fat dressings on your salad and a small amount of coleslaw. I do have my weak moments where i'm hungry and i'd like nothing more than a big sambo or a big plate of chips and scoff the lot but i try to find something that will satisfy me without touching the carbs. There a loads of stuff you can eat if you really look. Just weighed myself again today and i'm own a further 2 lbs. The way i see it is i'm 36 years old and i've been a heavy girl all my life, i wouldn't go so far as to say i was obese but i am over weight for my heigth and this is my last chance before i hit 40 to get the weight off once and for all

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Thanks carlow lass..i mite have a look! im just looking for something to kick start me i was really good all summer but im slippin into bad habits lately and i dont want that happening..cant believe you lost 7lbs in a week! seems too good to be true really! congrats..

7 pounds the first week is common cause its water, when you cut down on carbs and high salt processed foods you dont retain as much water

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Hi guys,

Read through the forum there on CS, I started it on Wed, 10th Dec, Wed just gone! I know I'm mad to do it up to the run of christmas, but to be honest, I think it will actually motivate me more doing it over christmas.

After getting weighed by my doc on Tues, he actually recommened CS to me as a kick start to weight loss. I have a big bone structure, like I have always been very broad shouldered, since a baby. After he weighed me, he told me to be a perfect weight for my bone and height, I need to loose 5 stone. If I had normal bone, I need to loose 8 stone?!?

I have my 2 shakes, lots of green tea with mint leaves and water. For dinner I have chicken or tuna salad. I don't eat my allowable snakes as I don't need them. I will vary dinner as the days go on. I have a small apple with low fat natural yoghert sometimes afters dinner.
    Should I just weigh myself weekly?

I'm so nervous about this diet, I really really need to loose the weight, and after hearing/reading such amazing results, I keep thinking to myself, CAN I ACTUALLY DO IT?

Just so worried I won't suceed?!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Hey guys,

Well weighed myself after a week on celebrity slim?! DELIGHTED, LOST 15LBS!!!

Unbelieveable, I am so shocked, I don't think it looks like I've lost it.

I'm lovin the shakes, downin the water and drinking cups of green tea. I have so much energy. My clothes feel much looser on me and I have been told I look slimmer. Still going to keep goin and I don't miss my carbs!!

:)

• Advertisement

bud,

That is totally great...BUUUUUUTTTTT...

Seems to me the usual "sudden weight drop" in the first week is between 7 and 10 lbs...

I can retain water for Ireland to Olympic standards, AND I am a menopausal, coeliac, 6 footer, but my "record" is 11lbs...

15lbs seems one HELL of a lot.

I just think you might consider checking with your Doctor in case there is a reason why you might have been retaining excess water?

Might be food sensitivities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lilastragirl

HEy,

I am going to start cs tomorrow, I am getting married in 10 weeks aND MAJORLY need to loose weight quick, i'm currently 16st 9lbs and am 5ft 7, so wayyyyyyyyyyyy over weight.

I'm excited to start, but hard week this week with christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

have read all the posts as a newcomer and have to say, i was thinking of using the so called diet, but have followed the advise from THE MOD, it works, i have not used the shakes but had porraige spl, and it worked for me , lost a little but its steady and hes right its a long lasting diet for life..thanks all for the posts xxxxwow its steady but its a little weight loss, and hes right its for life, and i cheat once a week
    x sorry i think hes a she opps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 honeydrophoney

hey there!

Does anyone know where i can get the fat burner tablets from?

Thanks

hey there!

Does anyone know where i can get the fat burner tablets from?

Thanks

Have you tried the Wizard of Oz?

Seriously...I am not with the party line on this board. I believe that if you have a busy life and/or metabolic problems it is so much easier to maintain a weight than to lose weight with healthy eating that you should feel free to lose weight any way that works...

Only problem with "fat burning pills" is that they DO NOT WORK, long, mid, or short term...

The are just 21st century snake oil.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 applemacman

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time using Boards. I want to start a diet and it's either going to be Lipotrim or Celebrity Slim. One of my friends used Lipotrim and he lost 3 stone and he looked very very drained after it. It's a month since he came off it, he said it has changed his life and the best thing he ever did. I am 5'7", late 30's and 19.5 stone. I need to loose weight, I just don't know which of the two diets are best to go with. I have read a huge number of posts from people who said how bad the diets are and to be honest, I tried the gym and it worked for a while, but you need tremendous will power to stick with it. I just want to try these for four or five months. I know this is an old request, but I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Now everybody will jump on me rather than you, but, as above.

To me it is a no-brainer that it is a LOT easier to keep weight off by healthy eating and exercise than to lose it.

Sometimes, in real terms, you are never going to lose the weight at all without something far more drastic to give you a head start. Then you can work towards healthy eating to keep it off when you get there...

Celebrity Slim seems to be matching lipotrim for weight loss and working towards healthy eating in the end, far more effectively. It also cost less. So, if I were you, I would try that first.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8 applemacman

thanks for the advice, like all diets and losing weight, I know the hidden secret and every overweight person knows it, healthy eating, smaller portions and get active. It sounds simple but it isn't. I admire people who have the will power to lose weight and more importantly keep it off. I will try the CS diet I think and see where that gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lilred24

Hey

Have been reading through a lot of the comments and was looking for a little feedback from those who have used the CS plan and lost the weight and are now finished.

Basically, i'm looking into starting this week, but having tried a few things in the past, mostly WW and i keep hitting a weight and can't get past it, so was hoping this would bring me over that hump and down to my goal weight. All in all want to lose about 1 1/2 to 2 stone and am even more anxious to keep it off so was wondering how people have managed after the came off the CS diet??

Any tips greatly appreciated!

(Dont ya just hate the New Year Diets!!) :(

• Advertisement

Just a thought l'il red, but have you considered getting down to your "sticking weight" with WW and THEN switching to CS for a few weeks?

I just have a hunch that is more likely to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement