Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Just ran into Dirk Voodoo for the second time...although I was momentarily deceived by his flowing wildman hair.

Always a pleasure even though I was inevitably reminded of my shameful failure to sign up for Rathfarnham tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

About 1810 this evening. New jersey waiting at the lights at the M50/R137/Tallaght Bypass roundabout heading in the direction of the Spawell.

I was in the car leaving the M50 for the Spawell but the distinctive white/green/pink stripes caught my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Green kit on a black Felt on Guild Street heading towards Sheriff Street just after 6 this evening.

3rd sighting of the day - the sun is clearly bringing out the Boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Met a fella with pink kit on priests leap I was climbing cork side he was descending.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,966 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

denbatt wrote: »
    Met a fella with pink kit on priests leap I was climbing cork side he was descending.
    That was myself in a traumatised state after that climb - I'm not the better of it yet! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

That was myself in a traumatised state after that climb - I'm not the better of it yet! :D

Fair play. My second time up the cork side, still haven't done the kerry side. Had planned to try barley lake also but my buddy wasn't up for it today,

denbatt wrote: »
    Fair play. My second time up the cork side, still haven't done the kerry side. Had planned to try barley lake also but my buddy wasn't up for it today,
    I've no intention of ever doing it again. Probably one of the most difficult climbs I've ever done. Those gradients would be bad enough on a smooth surface but loose gravel, potholes, dogs and losing traction on sheep dung really adds to the trauma! Fair play for doing it twice. :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

A vintage jerseyed Alek getting a practice lap in at the rathfarnham CX race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

The last time a smile was seen on my face, at least for the next hour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Green kit on a black Felt on Guild Street heading towards Sheriff Street just after 6 this evening.

3rd sighting of the day - the sun is clearly bringing out the Boardsies!

Could've been me, rucksack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Mutual sighting of devonp on the quays in Dublin this evening, he in the newest jersey, I in the previous green. Nice to meet you, and hope you'd a good spin out home!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭devonp

cheers cython
    got home before what looked like a big shower, didn't happen in the end
    nice to meet you

Could've been me, rucksack?

Can't remember a rucksack - possibly. Matching 'green series' bibs & jersey, leading by example by waiting patiently at the traffic lights! Think the bike may have had orange detailing on the black paintwork (in my defence I was a passenger in a car on the far side of the junction!).

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Pink boards jersey spotted near the Gearagh Nature Reserve heading east on thursday the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Pink/green combo climbing Howth around 10:30 today. I was descending in the original pink version, trying to dodge the Beamer in the gap between us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Pink/green combo climbing Howth around 10:30 today. I was descending in the original pink version, trying to dodge the Beamer in the gap between us.

10.30 Sounds like it was me, if you were coming from the village and I was coming from Sutton side towards village, i gave a shout of boards and got a boardsie back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Weepsie wrote: »
    10.30 Sounds like it was me, if you were coming from the village and I was coming from Sutton side towards village, i gave a shout of boards and got a boardsie back.
    Yeah that it. Great morning for a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Can't remember a rucksack - possibly. Matching 'green series' bibs & jersey, leading by example by waiting patiently at the traffic lights! Think the bike may have had orange detailing on the black paintwork (in my defence I was a passenger in a car on the far side of the junction!).
    Well I'm pathologically light observant (to the point where I've chased down light breakers and pointed out that their impatience makes car drivers think of cyclists as less than 1st class citizens on the road and that if I'm killed by a halfwit, it's their fault.

Also I was wearing the green series bibs and jersey that day and my bike is a black Felt with orange detail so odds are 'twas meself

Well I'm pathologically light observant (to the point where I've chased down light breakers and pointed out that their impatience makes car drivers think of cyclists as less than 1st class citizens on the road and that if I'm killed by a halfwit, it's their fault.

Also I was wearing the green series bibs and jersey that day and my bike is a black Felt with orange detail so odds are 'twas meself

I think we can safely say it was you so!

Your adhesion to the ROTR is exemplary. I think it is incumbant on anyone who sports the Boards kit to lead by example - those found to be RLJing should be stripped of their Boards kit at the side of the road and made continue their journey without it. Those wearing Boards bibshorts take particular note.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭devonp

Pink and black in trinity..locking or unlocking a bike? 12.35ish ..opp Genetics
    was walking nearby ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

. I think it is incumbant on anyone who sports the Boards kit to lead by example - those found to be RLJing should be stripped of their Boards kit at the side of the road and made continue their journey without it.

here, here. good point

spotted a boardsie in the new kit this morning at Santry Park breaking the lights .....very disappointing to see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

whacker00 wrote: »
    the new kit this morning at Santry Park breaking the lights

Here, going straight? https://goo.gl/maps/VHSoc

Note that there is a separate light for bicycles, placed together with pedestrian lights on the left. Hard to spot before someone tells you - I've heard people being stopped by unaware Gardai there.

P.S. Wasn't me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Alek wrote: »
    Here, going straight? https://goo.gl/maps/VHSoc

Note that there is a separate light for bicycles, placed together with pedestrian lights on the left. Hard to spot before someone tells you - I've heard people being stopped by unaware Gardai there.

P.S. Wasn't me. :pac:

No, it was actually back at Santry Stadium and the entrance to the park there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Probably Alek so. He's always breaking red lights while filming others doing evil.

I presume you mean the lights where the 2 right lanes turn for Coolock and the left goes straight ahead (diagonally opposite the tyre/exhaust place)? I often feel I'm the only cyclist who obeys that one.
    Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Probably Alek so. He's always breaking red lights while filming others doing evil.
    Unless he recently purchased a new kit, it wasn't Alek. He models the original orange/navy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

spotted a boardsie in the new kit this morning at Santry Park breaking the lights .....very disappointing to see

I've a horrible feeling that I may be the offender here :( :mad:

I'm absolutely anal about stopping at red lights but I can't remember this set.

All I'll say is that wasn't intentional but that probably raises other questions. I could list excuses but they'd be irrelevant so I won't bother. I'll just pay proper attention the next time I approach that junction.

For the record, I passed there heading north about 8:50 this morning.

Finally - and most importantly - I apologise. :(

Not a sighting to be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

saw a couple of boardsies last nite on the Newtown Road in Maynooth heading off for a spin, didnt get a chance to give a shout as I was legging it home for dinner(bloody lee marvin yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Bloggsie wrote: »
    saw a couple of boardsies last nite on the Newtown Road in Maynooth heading off for a spin, didnt get a chance to give a shout as I was legging it home for dinner(bloody lee marvin yesterday)

That'd be myself and wirelessdude , I was in the new kit and he was in the green kit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

I have seen Orion on spins around Maynooth, but I wasnt aware that there was a few more boardise out that neck of the woods.

Belated Shout Out Hey Boardsie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Bloggsie wrote: »
    I have seen Orion on spins around Maynooth, but I wasnt aware that there was a few more boardise out that neck of the woods.

Belated Shout Out Hey Boardsie!

Ah yeah , I've been on many a spin with orion and a few other boardsies out this way .

Advertisement