Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Wizardej on his red evil face mask and green kit, at the grand canal path.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Alek wrote: »
    Wizardej on his red evil face mask and green kit, at the grand canal path.

Yep that was me! Think I regonised you this time without your boardsie kit! Face mask is brilliant-keeps the pollution out and scares walkers and drivers from messing with you!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Bloggsie wrote: »
    I have seen Orion on spins around Maynooth, but I wasnt aware that there was a few more boardise out that neck of the woods.

Belated Shout Out Hey Boardsie!

wireless lives near me and sullz is a fellow galway cyclist. There's a good few boardsies around - sightings are fairly common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Pink Boards shorts (with orange jersey & backpack) spotted yesterday evening around 6:30ish on the cycle path heading towards Sutton/Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Original jersey this morning at 8:36 on Templeogue Rd heading towards Rathgar. Big panier and at least a rear mudguard on what might be a touring bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Original jersey this morning at 8:36 on Templeogue Rd heading towards Rathgar. Big panier and at least a rear mudguard on what might be a touring bike?
    That's me on my tank :)

Old MTB frame repurposed into a drop bar commuter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

New style bidshorts with an An Post Rebel Tour Gilet spotted riding down Main Street Ballincollig Cork just now.
    Never seen a Boardsie outside Dublin so too shocked to shout out :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Wizardej wrote: »
    Yep that was me! Think I regonised you this time without your boardsie kit! Face mask is brilliant-keeps the pollution out and scares walkers and drivers from messing with you!! :pac:

A bit OT here.... but is that a specific face mask for pollution, or just a buff? I've been curious about them recently, sucking in diesel fumes constantly is probably going to kill me at some stage. Also worried that it'll be sweaty and restrict breathing rather a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Garzard

Green kit cycling up Dame Street (Trinity College direction) around 5:30pm today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Saw a Boardsie in full new kit coming into Roundwood today at around 10.30 from Enniskerry or Sally Gap. I was on the side of the road checking my directions, gave a shout but they were flying past me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

A bit OT here.... but is that a specific face mask for pollution, or just a buff? I've been curious about them recently, sucking in diesel fumes constantly is probably going to kill me at some stage. Also worried that it'll be sweaty and restrict breathing rather a lot.

Heya yeah that is a real pollution mask. It's from a company called Respro-you can get them on wiggle or Amazon quite cheap when on offer. I found the same thing -stuck in traffic behind buses sucking in fumes and fumes from people smoking at the lights. Used to be coughing after getting into work but not anymore! Think it's made a real difference and wouldn't go without it now. It has different sizes and made from a soft neoprene material. It takes about a week or 2 to get used to it but definately persist as its worth it in the long run! It's not sweaty and doesn't restrict the breathing that much. Can't wait to have it in winter-no more cold air!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Approx 7am this morning. Pink jersey, going from Rush into Lusk. Yellow cover on bag/backpack.

Pink jersey, going towards Templeogue last night at about 1830. Boards beep performed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Green and white long sleeve jersey at the Dublin city triathlon on Sunday. Was a day for long sleeves alright

• Registered Users Posts: 24,973 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Approx 7am this morning. Pink jersey, going from Rush into Lusk. Yellow cover on bag/backpack.
    That was myself on the way to work. :)

(I was trying out one of those RSA backpack covers. Not overly impressed with it).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I ordered some RSA stuff last year, but they got things mixed up, so I didn't receive one.

Dónal wrote: »
    Pink jersey, going towards Templeogue last night at about 1830. Boards beep performed.

Same again just there. Edit: around fortfield road.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Saw my first ever Boards jersey today, on the NCR in Phibsboro at 5.20. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

Weepsie wrote: »
    Saw a Boardsie in full new kit coming into Roundwood today at around 10.30 from Enniskerry or Sally Gap. I was on the side of the road checking my directions, gave a shout but they were flying past me
    Haha, flying is probably an overstatement for what I'd have been doing!! Heard some sort of shout but wasn't sure it was at me sorry! Great first half of spin then got rained on home from Kilcoole. Hope you found your way ok!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw a green kit on the top of cruagh. Both in boards gear. Got a big shout but I was barely able to talk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Hello to Boardsie in full pink kit this morning @Terenure junction around 8:30

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,870 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zaph wrote: »
    Saw my first ever Boards jersey today,
    You're obviously spending far too much time on Boards.....

Green version seen heading down the Old N1 between Turvey and Lissenhall this evening, I would guess around 6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Doc07

Hani Kosti wrote: »

I'd say that was the same Boardsies I saw on his way home around 1800 Terenure this evening. Rolled down the car window to shout out but not sure if he heard me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,973 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    Green version seen heading down the Old N1 between Turvey and Lissenhall this evening, I would guess around 6.30
    That was probably myself Beasty (would have been around 6.15/6.20pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

A bit late posting this , spotted a full pink kit on I think a black focus heading towards templeogue yesterday morning at about 8:15 ish

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,870 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That was probably myself Beasty (would have been around 6.15/6.20pm).
    Thought it may have been you but I was on the other side of the dual carriageway, then thought it may be the wrong direction for you that time of night - guess there was still time for you to get another 2+ hours in before dark though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

Hi to the gent in Euro pink, Raheny at 8ish. Glorious morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

So, after moving back out to the suburbs I'm finally back commuting by bike, but these make it look like I'm getting a lot more miles in than I actually am, these 4 were all me over the space of 2 days:
    Dónal wrote: »
    sullzz wrote: »
    A bit late posting this , spotted a full pink kit on I think a black focus heading towards templeogue yesterday morning at about 8:15 ish
    Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Doc07 wrote: »
    I'd say that was the same Boardsies I saw on his way home around 1800 Terenure this evening. Rolled down the car window to shout out but not sure if he heard me.
    I heard the boardsie beep and attempted a wave, but missed the shout from Doc07 and half heard a shout from Hani but at the time couldn't figure what was said so didn't know if it was me or the cyclist beside me being yelled to. Apologies for that and, hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Someone in Howth this afternoon starting on the final dig to the summit carpark at the same time as me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Raam wrote: »
    Someone in Howth this afternoon starting on the final dig to the summit carpark at the same time as me.

That was me struggling to get my fat ass up the hill after 2 weeks holiday from the bike and plenty vin rouge and croissants! Chapeau to your clearly superior climbing talent!

Advertisement