Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ChainWhip wrote: »
    You were my knight in shining lycra WA! I got going and home no bother. And I'll put a few quid in the poor box to even out the karma. Thanks again.
    Delighted to be able to assist - especially a fellow Boardsie. Glad to hear you made it home. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I think, I saw RobFowl today, in Balscadden, with three or four others.
    I was on the back of a group of 12, just approaching the new waterworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

clontarf cycle track at 1250 heading towards town at the car park about 1.5km from the Alfie Byrne road - pink/green full sleeve Jersey. Almost didn't recognise the kit as there's no big boards.ie across the front. Hence no shout. I was in a pink tour of Meath Jersey heading towards howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

clontarf cycle track at 1250 heading towards town at the car park about 1.5km from the Alfie Byrne road - pink/green full sleeve Jersey. Almost didn't recognise the kit as there's no big boards.ie across the front. Hence no shout. I was in a pink tour of Meath Jersey heading towards howth.

I think that was me!
    I was also sporting Blue shades (rule 36 broken) and beard.
    That was the Defender jacket that I was wearing from last Winter's collection.
    Didn't spot the ToM Jersey, sorry
    Fupping busy on that path today too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Saw a pink Jersey in the Phoenix Park between 7-8, on the North Road coming from Chesterfield Avenue, Castleknock end. Noticed it a bit late as a car was in the process of overtaking you and didn't want to distract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Saw a green jersey going past the Glenroyal in Maynooth about 6.10pm today. I didn't get the call out as i was negotiating cars who drive on the kerb on the other side of the road.

Pink/Green jersey in Oldtown this evening at the McNSCC TT. (Robert Foster?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Pink/Green jersey in Oldtown this evening at the McNSCC TT. (Robert Foster?)

T'was him indeed. Introduced myself to him. He didn't have much faith in my ability to hold him up at the start line!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Orion wrote: »
    Saw a green jersey going past the Glenroyal in Maynooth about 6.10pm today. I didn't get the call out as i was negotiating cars who drive on the kerb on the other side of the road.

That would have been me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    T'was him indeed. Introduced myself to him. He didn't have much faith in my ability to hold him up at the start line!
    I was afraid of where you were putting your thumbs...

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether it would be motivating or de-motivating to suddenly discover that you were over the thumbs of Lusk Doyle at the start of your time trial! :D:eek:

(PS - I was marshalling at Wyanstown Crossroads - only spotted the jersey when you were returning).

They were there before you sat on them!

That would have been me :)

We live in the same estate don't we? Should meet up for a spin sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Orion wrote: »
    We live in the same estate don't we? Should meet up for a spin sometime.

Do we? The one where all the work is being done to the houses in the sister estate?

That's the one. I'm down the far end of the estate.

Lusk Doyle in the Pink/Green in Garristown this evening.

Lusk Doyle in the Pink/Green in Garristown this evening.

Twas I. Or the shadow of my former self!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

Possible pink jersey cycling down Grove Road around 10 mins ago. Was crossing over the bridge into Harold's Cross and was a bit of a distance away.

Pink/green on the clontarf track heading towards howth 0715 on Tuesday or Wednesday. Fillup?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Hailed a couple of green/black boardsies climbing 3-rock this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Saw one yesterday going past RTE/UCD about 6.30pm, pink jersey. RobertFoster?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

colm18 wrote: »

Hello back!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zyzz wrote: »
    Saw one yesterday going past RTE/UCD about 6.30pm, pink jersey. RobertFoster?
    Not me.

Pink/green on the clontarf track heading towards howth 0715 on Tuesday or Wednesday. Fillup?

guilty as charged - i was heading to Howth for a pre-work-&-way-behind-in-prep-for-WW200 ride

was it my imagination or did you shout "Rosey" at me?

initially i thought it was a comment on my pallor but them i figured it was a ref to the pink design

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

And me. Was out proving the training for the granfondo stelvio is very behind schedule!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Grassey wrote: »
    And me. Was out proving the training for the granfondo stelvio is very behind schedule!

Ah, nice one. Did the Stelvio myself a couple of years back - it's just a very long 3-rock :-P
    https://www.strava.com/activities/69192985

fillup wrote: »
    guilty as charged - i was heading to Howth for a pre-work-&-way-behind-in-prep-for-WW200 ride

was it my imagination or did you shout "Rosey" at me?

initially i thought it was a comment on my pallor but them i figured it was a ref to the pink design

That was supposed to be "Boardsie!".:D:D

That was supposed to be "Boardsie!".:D:D

yup that makes sense alright!

that's the super-sonic-double-doppler effect in operation for ya!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Ah, nice one. Did the Stelvio myself a couple of years back - it's just a very long 3-rock :-P
    https://www.strava.com/activities/69192985

That is an impressive elevation chart :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Full green kit on Auginer Street opposite DIT five mins ago. Gave a shout but I think a bus was also trying to run you over so you may not have heard it

Advertisement