Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Pink jersey today 17:40 at Nutgrove avenue and Whitehall road junction heading West. I was too far away for a wave though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

TonyStark wrote: »
    Spotted the new kit with Naas CC @ Russborough house, I was in the C Group I think you were out with the B's!

Twas me and the A's i get mixed up with a B or C a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

On the 15 bus at 17:15 and happened to spot someone in a green kit cycling up Dame Street [Christ Church Cathedral direction].

Garzard wrote: »
    On the 15 bus at 17:15 and happened to spot someone in a green kit cycling up Dame Street [Christ Church Cathedral direction].

Yellow bike and a big backpack? If yes then it might have been me.

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Yellow bike and a big backpack? If yes then it might have been me.

Only caught a quick glance so didn't catch the bike colour. IIRC though you / they did have a fairly large backpack and weren't wearing shades.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

5.22 this evening, original jersey heading north along Shelbourne Road. Gave a "Boardsie" shout as I overtook but it may not have been heard properly ....

Only caught a quick glance so didn't catch the bike colour. IIRC though you / they did have a fairly large backpack and weren't wearing shades.

Ah well, then it wasn't me, was wearing yellow shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Shouted Boardsie at someone passing UCD yesterday, my mouth was full of apple at that point so it may have sounded odd.

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Ah well, then it wasn't me, was wearing yellow shades.

If they were yellow I might've simply seen right through them - as I said I only caught a quick glance, no longer than a second or two.

Waiting at the bus stops on the corner of Patrick Street around 17:58 when someone turning off from High Street passed by in a green kit & high viz. [Recognized the shorts].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Waiting at the bus stops on the corner of Patrick Street around 17:58 when someone turning off from High Street passed by in a green kit & high viz. [Recognized the shorts].

Think that was me. Had the rain coat on thinking it would rain and sweated a heavy price...

Good spot! :)

Good spot! :)

I'll be honest, looking out for cyclists in boards kits has actually just recently become another way of passing the time while waiting for buses! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Green jersey on a hybrid, gave a "Hi Boardsie" shout, Portobello bridge today, around 4-5pm?

Two minutes later witnessed Gardai catching a bicycle thief.

Good day it was.

Alek wrote: »
    Green jersey on a hybrid, gave a "Hi Boardsie" shout, Portobello bridge today, around 4-5pm?

Two minutes later witnessed Gardai catching a bicycle thief.

Good day it was.

Might have been me - I was cycling over the canal around then and gave a thumbs up back. Were you the lad in the red jacket?

Yep. Nice to meet you!

Yep. Nice to meet you!

And yourself! Apologies for not stopping to chat but I think I had several other cyclists & traffic behind so had to keep my speed. About an hour later while cycling up the Ticknock Road someone in a Navy Golf with an MTB on the back rolled down their window and waved, so I'm assuming that was another boardsie!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

Think i spotted a boardsie with a partner in a white jacket just out of garristown this morning taking a right turn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Green Jersey whizzed past me this morning in St James's Hospital - around 9.20

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

daragh_ wrote: »
    Green Jersey whizzed past me this morning in St James's Hospital - around 9.20

Think that was me -orange back pack/leggings. Turned into towards the carpark to IMM. Was rushing into work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Yes indeed. I was on a Dublin Bike holding you up :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

daragh_ wrote: »
    Yes indeed. I was on a Dublin Bike holding you up :-)

Yeah I think I heard you shout morning and I shouted back but may have been too far away ;)

Spotted new kit tonight, in Malahide at Estuary rd junction. I was standing near Centra, wanted to shout something but my mouth was stuffed with banana:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Saw this when I got into work...

2l2v52.jpg[

Pink jersey spotted near Omni Shopping Centre, shouted a loud retarded "Booooards-eeee" and been waved back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pink jersey spotted near Omni Shopping Centre, shouted a loud retarded "Booooards-eeee" and been waved back.

.....,and Alek spotted in the original jersey northbound at tha Omni!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

New kit heading out of Malahide along the estuary just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Pink jersey at the Killarney adventure race today running towards Mangerton!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

New kit heading out of Malahide along the estuary just now.
    Could've been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Spotted a full green kit on the chapalizod bypass today / yesterday ( 4:30pm on Friday ) I think you were cycling a white BMC , I could be wrong as I was driving on the other side of the road

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Spotted a pink jersey in Wellington Bridge around 2pm today, said hello :)

Advertisement