Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Spotted a pink jersey in Wellington Bridge around 2pm today, said hello :)

Myself on my way from wexford on a hired hybrid. Not my favourite road or bike but the weather made up for it today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

Boards jersey with a group (Laois CTC?) between Athy and Stradbally, I was one of the trio fixing a puncture in a field gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

smacl wrote: »
    Myself on my way from wexford on a hired hybrid. Not my favourite road or bike but the weather made up for it today

Ah I wondered who you were. Spotted you as well smacl. Gave you a shout, between wellington bridge and ramsgrange, about 11:15. So surprised to see a jersey I nearly forgot to give a shout :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allotmoto

Spotted a pink jersey perched outside McDonald's by the Athlone by-pass Saturday at around 6pm. He looked like he was enjoying his meal so I didn't want to disturb the man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Pink jersey spotted heading through Baldoyle just after midday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

allotmoto wrote: »
    Spotted a pink jersey perched outside McDonald's by the Athlone by-pass Saturday at around 6pm. He looked like he was enjoying his meal so I didn't want to disturb the man :)
    Must have been godtabh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Pink jersey spotted heading through Baldoyle just after midday.

Might be me. Back from a few climbs of Howth. Fabulous day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

That was me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Spotted Green Boards jersey along Nassau street around 12 or so, was on a ridley..was that you Wishbone?

Zyzz wrote: »
    Spotted Green Boards jersey along Nassau street around 12 or so, was on a ridley..was that you Wishbone?
    Indeed it was! :D (Where were you?)

• Advertisement

Indeed it was! :D (Where were you?)

Waiting at the bus stop, must have crossed 30 seconds before you passed, just as that 145 pulled out on you! :p Noticed the jersey then the bike, but you seem to like that route :D

Passed a green jersey going down Sutton side of Howth earlier, on a carrera i think, scarf loosely covering whole face :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zyzz wrote: »
    Passed a green jersey going down Sutton side of Howth earlier, on a carrera i think, scarf loosely covering whole face :pac:
    Did you give a shout? I thought I heard a "Boardsie!" just as someone passed.

BTW it's a Defy, not a Carrera, and a neck gaiter, not a scarf :p By keeping the wind out of my ears and my face warm I was able to ignore my wet feet for a bit...

Lovely day for it, I wonder why no one else was around :pac:

Did you give a shout? I thought I heard a "Boardsie!" just as someone passed.

BTW it's a Defy, not a Carrera, and a neck gaiter, not a scarf :p By keeping the wind out of my ears and my face warm I was able to ignore my wet feet for a bit...

Lovely day for it, I wonder why no one else was around :pac:

Yup shouted Boardsie and looked back to see if you had heard me :p Was paying attention to the road as it was a bit dodgy at 50km/h+, jersey only clicked as we were roughly side by side!

Noted. And noted. :pac:

Indeed it was, absolutely glorious rain and wind..relentless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Saw one Boardsie nearly collect a face-full of VW Golf as the car swung a badly timed right hook across him on Northumberland Road this morning. Only saw the bright green "Four Ten" down his flank as he had passed by. First time I've seen one of these jerseys in the wild. No shout, but, in fairness, if I had called out he probably would have ended up closer to disaster than he already was!

check_six wrote: »
    Saw one Boardsie nearly collect a face-full of VW Golf as the car swung a badly timed right hook across him on Northumberland Road this morning. Only saw the bright green "Four Ten" down his flank as he had passed by. First time I've seen one of these jerseys in the wild. No shout, but, in fairness, if I had called out he probably would have ended up closer to disaster than he already was!
    Hmmmm.....I was on Northhumberland Road in the green kit this morning (on a red/black Ridley) around 9.15/9.30ish but don't recall an incident with a VW. I did get up close and personal with a Merc though. Perhaps there was another Boardsie in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I've seen Wizardej so often lately that I don't harass him by shouting things from the Internetz.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

check_six wrote: »

I was about there this morning and had a few close calls but not sure if one was a VW (was wearing blue helmet, red black tights)

I've seen Wizardej so often lately that I don't harass him by shouting things from the Internetz.

Yeah I've been out and about a bit! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

Boardsie flew passed me northbound on Swords bypass about 1.30 . You were way gone before I even recognised the jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

Pink jersey on a hybrid [?] cycling into Rathmines from over the canal around 18:25. Would've given the shout had I noticed you earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

@Wizardej do you ever wash that Jersey!

@Wizardej do you ever wash that Jersey!

Just the odd time! :pac: go between that and a blue adidas jersey. Though just missed the order for the new Boardsie jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allotmoto

Shouted at someone wearing a black and blue boards (?) jersey passing over the bridge by Gings going into Carrick on Shannon on Saturday around 4ish.

Shouted at someone wearing a black and blue boards (?) jersey passing over the bridge by Gings going into Carrick on Shannon on Saturday around 4ish.
    Ain't no blue jersey!

Black/Orange
    Black/Pink (1st ed).
    Black/Pink (2nd ed.)
    Black/Green
    Black/Pink (3rd ed.)
    Black/Pink/Green
    Black/Pink/Green (2nd ed.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ain't no blue jersey!

Black/Orange
    Black/Pink (1st ed).
    Black/Pink (2nd ed.)
    Black/Green
    Black/Pink (3rd ed.)
    Black/Pink/Green
    Black/Pink/Green (2nd ed.)

The first one's kinda navy and orange?

(Not sure who this is, but your picture is what comes up if you google "boards cycling jersey" :))

12_boards-cycling-kit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

kenmc?

The first one's kinda navy and orange?..
    I stand corrected. (I've only ever seen a first edition at a distance and they seem to be getting very scarce).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I stand corrected. (I've only ever seen a first edition at a distance and they seem to be getting very scarce).

I've actually never seen a first edition in the flesh either. Always kick myself for not getting one when they appear on the adverts forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Green jersey passing the Ordnance Survey HQ in the Phoenix Park around 9am this morning. Only saw a sleeve, wearing a gilet perhaps?

Advertisement