Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Pink kit at 6:05 on the way from Lusk to Blakes Cross. Twas I giving you the time gap to the chase group behind and the offer of a bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Pink kit at 6:05 on the way from Lusk to Blakes Cross. Twas I giving you the time gap to the chase group behind and the offer of a bottle!
    Ah, so that was you! :D Nice to meet you

(I couldn't hear what you said with the wind noise!)

Full pink kit outbound on the Clontarf/Sutton track at approx 7pm. (cdaly?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Ah, so that was you! :D Nice to meet you

(I couldn't hear what you said with the wind noise!)

I was shouting at you to stop looking behind, get the head down and ride your bike harder! (I wasn't at all really!)

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I was shouting at you to stop looking behind, get the head down and ride your bike harder! (I wasn't at all really!)
    Yea, I was slacking a bit alright!

You should get a left hand drive car - it'll make handing out sticky bottles easier. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Full pink kit outbound on the Clontarf/Sutton track at approx 7pm. (cdaly?)

Yep. Having fun racing myself home...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Someone in pink Boards kit at the Joe Loughman Randonée this morning. Didn't get a chance to say hello.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Passed and gave a 'hi.boardsie' about 5:45 near Stocking Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Saw two Boardsies in the Green kit along the Grand Canal this evening at around 1840 - one passed me at the Hilton going West. The other might have been Wizardej again I think? On an MTB sitting at a crossing opposite me while I wheeled the wifenbike with one hand and carried a wheel box in the other.

Didn't call out, because there might have been several awkward minutes of standing on the opposite sides of a crossing immediately after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Spotted pink jersey on my way back from Howth around 5.30 just after St.Annes park although Im not sure what exact time, second time Ive waved and shouted Boardsie..no response either times..

100m down the road a green kit, on a canyon I think? Was gunna shout but was too depressed after being ignored 30 seconds earlier.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Shouted hello to a Boardsie in pink gear coming through the Laragh crossroads on Sunday - presume you were part of the Bray Wheelers Randonee.

I was the stressed looking person with the whistle.

Zyzz wrote: »
    Spotted pink jersey on my way back from Howth around 5.30 just after St.Annes park although Im not sure what exact time, second time Ive waved and shouted Boardsie..no response either times.
    I passed alongside a Boardsie in pink while wearing pink myself and he looked across at me and made no response after I said hello. Some people are just weird! He should be made return the kit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Saw two Boardsies in the Green kit along the Grand Canal this evening at around 1840 - one passed me at the Hilton going West. The other might have been Wizardej again I think? On an MTB sitting at a crossing opposite me while I wheeled the wifenbike with one hand and carried a wheel box in the other.

Didn't call out, because there might have been several awkward minutes of standing on the opposite sides of a crossing immediately after.

Yeah think that was me on the black hybrid. Sounds like you didn't have free hands to wave with anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭geosynchronous orbit

colm18 wrote: »
    Passed and gave a 'hi.boardsie' about 5:45 near Stocking Lane

T'was me - my first public acknowledgment of wearing the pink... looked like you were about to tackle Cruagh with a vengance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Green jersey (matching green bike too :)), nutgrove avenue/grange road junction, just before 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Green jersey (matching green bike too :)), nutgrove avenue/grange road junction, just before 7pm.

May have been myself, I took a right here: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2948042,-6.2809762,3a,75y,180.68h,74.57t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1swDLype2v8DVhS3KSNmjhDw!2e0 and then another right onto Taylor's Lane once I got up the Grange Road hill. Black & Green Trek hybrid? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Twas you indeed, was going to beep but I dislike being beeped at myself so thought better of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Twas you indeed, was going to beep but I dislike being beeped at myself so thought better of it :)

Getting beeped at would only annoy me in a situation where I'm going downhill and trying to concentrate on speed / obstructions / other traffic etc. Any other case and I'll give a friendly wave, nod or thumbs up back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Green jersey at 8:49am today heading west on Nutgrove avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

Black jersey with green & pink bands on the swords cycle this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Green jersey at 8:49am today heading west on Nutgrove avenue.

Hi. I think that was myself. Good meeting up with afterwards. Great criac today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Hi. I think that was myself. Good meeting up with afterwards. Great criac today.

Was great fun allright! That 'Italian pursuit' was brutal and awesome all at the same time. Now I'm considering doing the track accreditation next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Black jersey with the white and pink band doing a wardrobe adjustment over the M11 on the Ashford- Hunters road.
    Gave a 'nice Boards top' comment as I ran past.

Mrs WA reports seeing a pink jersey just outside Oldtown at approx 9.15 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Black jersey with the white and pink band doing a wardrobe adjustment over the M11 on the Ashford- Hunters road.
    Gave a 'nice Boards top' comment as I ran past.

That was me - nice that the arm warmers can be removed at the latter end of September! A great day to be out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Spotted the new kit with Naas CC @ Russborough house, I was in the C Group I think you were out with the B's!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Met 'garminguy' yesterday @ the Fermoy KnockMeDown Sportive, weather was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Pink Jersey boardsie spotted yesterday (Sunday) about 1pm heading up past the viewing point at Kilakee forest, on way towards to sallygap

Gave a wave, wave was returned :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bazermc wrote: »
    Pink Jersey boardsie spotted yesterday (Sunday) about 1pm heading up past the viewing point at Kilakee forest, on way towards to sallygap

Gave a wave, wave was returned :)

That was possibly me. Black canyon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

godtabh wrote: »
    That was possibly me. Black canyon?

Could have beeen, was going way tooooooo fast (for a change) only spotted the pink jersey.

Advertisement