Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Not technically a boards jersey but spotted Señor Sherlock as he passed me on the way up to the featherbeds..

..and by passed me I mean left me for dead..

..and by left for dead I mean Im giving up cycling..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Zyzz wrote: »
    Not technically a boards jersey but spotted Señor Sherlock as he passed me on the way up to the featherbeds..

..and by passed me I mean left me for dead..

..and by left for dead I mean Im giving up cycling..

I've seen your Strava times. Stop yer moaning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

Seen someone in boards kit today heading towards howth probably between 5-6ish this afternoon.

daragh_ wrote: »
    I've seen your Strava times. Stop yer moaning :rolleyes:

Going downhill..give me a pair of decent climbing legs and I'll stop me complaining :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Doc07 wrote: »
    Green jersey and shorts at Terenure around 1830. I was stopped at lights about to turn for Rathfarnum. Rolled down window and shouted 'Boardsie' but I think you had headphones on. I think some people at the crossroads thought I was shouting abuse at a cyclist! My wife in the passenger seat was a little embarrassed.

That may have been me again. Twice in an hour is a first for me. Were you at the lights where the with Rathgar high school meets main road between terenure and rathfarnham?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Zyzz wrote: »
    Going downhill..give me a pair of decent climbing legs and I'll stop me complaining :p :pac:
    He probably gets paid for cycling - must be a fairly big incentive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

omri wrote: »
    Seen someone in boards kit today heading towards howth probably between 5-6ish this afternoon.

Might have been me. Full pink - green rucksack

He probably gets paid for cycling - must be a fairly big incentive!

An incentive which I hope to acquire some day.. :o

What's worse is that he did the three big climbs (Bohar/Cruagh etc) up to the featherbeds three times..the third time was when he passed me I think and did it 14 seconds off his KOM..and 25 seconds faster than 2nd place..

The dude is a machine, as badly as he threw me out the back door it was cool to watch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zindicato

new kit going up enniskerry road just past dundrum there around 10:30 this morning. wanted to shout boardsie but was thinking bout other stuff when i saw you so had a silent boardsie in my head instead:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Pink jersey on on the way out to Sutton, near St Fintans.

Only copped at the last second and just managed a grin in your direction.

• Advertisement

Saw two pink jerseys at the leinsterloop - both men. One bearded/one not. I was in green gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Doc07

Saw two pink jerseys at the leinsterloop - both men. One bearded/one not. I was in green gear.

I was the non-bearded! I think I let a shout out to both jerseys I saw but got lost in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Granite Head

I was the "bearded" - sorry wasn't too talkative, a "late night" and the wind were really taking it out of me.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

2 sightings within 10 mins this evening:

7.35pm - full new pink/green kit heading towards Portmarnock from Baldoyle. I gave you a wave and a shout but you had your head buried so I don't think you saw/heard me.

7.45pm - Dermot Illogical in full pink splendour heading outbound on the Clontarf/Sutton track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

7.45pm - Dermot Illogical in full pink splendour heading outbound on the Clontarf/Sutton track.

That was you in the green kit?

That was you in the green kit?
    Yup!

(I only spotted you at the last minute as I was busy concentrating on errant pedestrians and child cyclists).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

Passed by someone in a pink kit going up the Cruagh Road just under an hour ago. Looked like you were enjoying the cycle. [I was in the silver Mazda].

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

ror_74 wrote: »
    Pink jersey on on the way out to Sutton, near St Fintans.

Only copped at the last second and just managed a grin in your direction.

That was me. I'm very rarely in the country, but I do seem to manage to run into Boardsies when I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Doc07

Garzard wrote: »
    Passed by someone in a pink kit going up the Cruagh Road just under an hour ago. Looked like you were enjoying the cycle. [I was in the silver Mazda].

I was enjoying it. Best cure for the stress I take home with me from work is climbing Cruagh road out of the saddle grinning like a half-wit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pink jersey unde Taney Bridge heading to Churchtown around 8:10. Beeped but was heading the other way so probably meant nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Pink jersey crossing the north quays at O'Connell Bridge, heading up towards the IFSC at about 08.05 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Doc07 wrote: »
    Green jersey and shorts at Terenure around 1830. I was stopped at lights about to turn for Rathfarnum. Rolled down window and shouted 'Boardsie' but I think you had headphones on. I think some people at the crossroads thought I was shouting abuse at a cyclist! My wife in the passenger seat was a little embarrassed.
    Garzard wrote: »
    Spotted someone this morning at 8:15 in a green kit passing through the Ballycullen junction towards Scholarstown.
    Both could have been me, I wore the green kit a couple of days last week cos it's a heavier jersey. If it was MTB shorts riding a black tank, then it's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

ezra_ wrote: »
    Pink jersey crossing the north quays at O'Connell Bridge, heading up towards the IFSC at about 08.05 this morning.

Yellow bike and a rather hefty backpack? If so might have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Zipped passed me on Lesson Street Lower at about 9:25am this morning in black tights and a green jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Yellow bike and a rather hefty backpack? If so might have been me.

Yes to both.

Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

seamus wrote: »
    Both could have been me, I wore the green kit a couple of days last week cos it's a heavier jersey. If it was MTB shorts riding a black tank, then it's me.

Was one of them Thursday? You've just reminded me that I saw a green kit heading up past Rathmines Garda Station at 6:27 pm last Thursday. Helmet, shades, bristly chin, unbranded black bike with drops? I was waiting to cross the road at the bottom of Rathmines Road Upper just beside Tesco, on foot and pushing my tank with a crate full of groceries.

('That's not a tank, this is a tank.' :))

"One of your boards friends" spotted by lady NMG on Tuesday in Malahide. Dermott illogical I assume from the description

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Was one of them Thursday? You've just reminded me that I saw a green kit heading up past Rathmines Garda Station at 6:27 pm last Thursday. Helmet, shades, bristly chin, unbranded black bike with drops? I was waiting to cross the road at the bottom of Rathmines Road Upper just beside Tesco, on foot and pushing my tank with a crate full of groceries.

('That's not a tank, this is a tank.' :))
    Well that's definitely me. End of the week, probably haven't shaved...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

"One of your boards friends" spotted by lady NMG on Tuesday in Malahide. Dermott illogical I assume from the description

Hmm... It might have been if it was Tuesday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

Just spotted another pink kit in Ballycullen a few minutes ago taking a left turn by the Woodstown appartments.

Advertisement