Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

That was me. Those shorts seem to get me spotted. I do have other shorts (honest!), and I do wear boards jerseys with them, but I don't get spotted as much :pac:

The carpark at the summit was packed. I've never seen so many cars up there before.

You seemed quite delighted to get up that climb!! :p New kit is very nice, didn't realise it was sky until I noticed the massive Sky on the back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zyzz wrote: »
    You seemed quite delighted to get up that climb!! :p New kit is very nice, didn't realise it was sky until I noticed the massive Sky on the back :pac:
    Ah, you're always saying that :p Maybe I've the reverse of bitchy resting face; happy cycling face...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Weepsie wrote: »
    You were with another non boards jersey? I may have looked as I was suffering

You were making it look easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Seen somebody in new kit bank holiday Monday on fonthill Road beeped i was in silver golf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

sullzz wrote: »
    Saw a green jersey earlier , you were heading up military rd. I was coming downhill , you were with 2 or 3 others one was in a Orwell jersey I think , I went past too quick to give a shout , I was in a new full kit , it was around mid day .

I'd say that was me. Wicklow Gap & Sally Gap with two other Orwell lads. Great day for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Boardsie spotted headed towards Castledermot from Carlow direction.

New jersey looks good.

I was heading into Carlow gave ya a bip. Nice evening for a spin.

Pink jersey passed me today at the Kippure gate, shouted boardsie but he just kept cycling..

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Full green kit passing the NTMA building, heading for town. Just before 6.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted headed towards Castledermot from Carlow direction.

New jersey looks good.

I was heading into Carlow gave ya a bip. Nice evening for a spin.

That was me you were in the van and gave the beep i hate that hill

Not in the van I passed ya just after the roundabouts Carlow side.

Jersey looked the business. I regularly go for a quick spin out that way passed moone and back through Athy nice route.

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Not in the van I passed ya just after the roundabouts Carlow side.

Jersey looked the business. I regularly go for a quick spin out that way passed moone and back through Athy nice route.

Partner is away for 10 days so getting some extra miles in
    http://www.strava.com/activities/176452319

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Full green kit passing the NTMA building, heading for town. Just before 6.

Long sleve jersey?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Zyzz wrote: »
    Pink jersey passed me today at the Kippure gate, shouted boardsie but he just kept cycling..

If it was around 4ish, long sleeves on a yellow Ridley, possibly myself. Apologies for not responding, but didn't hear a thing. I saw a cyclist at kippure all right but was a million miles away.

Partner is away for 10 days so getting some extra miles in
    http://www.strava.com/activities/176452319

Good work there.

That's a nice lookin spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Spotted someone in the new kit stopped at NCR / Dorset street lights, at approx. 8:15-8:20 this morning. Shouted "hey boardsieeee..." from the car, not sure if heard though :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Alek wrote: »
    Spotted someone in the new kit stopped at NCR / Dorset street lights, at approx. 8:15-8:20 this morning. Shouted "hey boardsieeee..." from the car, not sure if heard though :)

Could've been me, I was there a little after 8, though I may have been a little bit earlier than 8:15

I'm not too sure about the time, it may have been you then :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Red and white focus with panniers. There was a cyclist with a dog beside me. If it was , I heard nothing at all

I was going too fast to notice other things. Lets assume it was you unless somebody else claims this sighting ;-)

smacl wrote: »
    If it was around 4ish, long sleeves on a yellow Ridley, possibly myself. Apologies for not responding, but didn't hear a thing. I saw a cyclist at kippure all right but was a million miles away.

Around 4 yeh, you were heading down the Sally gap? I had just thrown myself down the kippure descent so was a bit knackered! (also had to get off the bike to get through the gate which is why I was off the bike at the time :pac:) Definitely saw some yellow on the frame, must have been you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Spotted a green jersey this evening on a white bike around half 6 / a quarter to 7 on Morehampton Road, Donnybrook. I was on a bus on the other side of the road, I said a silent 'boardsie' in my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

gadetra wrote: »
    Spotted a green jersey this evening on a white bike around half 6 / a quarter to 7 on Morehampton Road, Donnybrook. I was on a bus on the other side of the road, I said a silent 'boardsie' in my head :D

Could have been me. Next time you must run to one of those little bus windows and shout BOARDSIE at the top of your lungs. The jersey demands a full and complete shout out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

flatface wrote: »
    Could have been me. Next time you must run to one of those little bus windows and shout BOARDSIE at the top of your lungs. The jersey demands a full and complete shout out!

Ha ha I shall fire myself up against it and give full vent to the boardsie next time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

saw orion yesterday on the cycle ataxia in ashbourne, lost him after 15-17 kms, he did the 100, I kept the broom wagon company, got back out & did the 44km.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Purple jersey on a blue Ribble stopped at the lights Harcourt St/Harcourt Rd 5.30pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Green and black jersey spotted on Braemor road down by the Dodder. hope you had a good spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Green and black jersey spotted on Braemor road down by the Dodder. hope you had a good spin.

That was me Drag. Enjoyed it. Hope you got away from the folks to enjoy yours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Doc07

Green jersey and shorts at Terenure around 1830. I was stopped at lights about to turn for Rathfarnum. Rolled down window and shouted 'Boardsie' but I think you had headphones on. I think some people at the crossroads thought I was shouting abuse at a cyclist! My wife in the passenger seat was a little embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Spotted someone this morning at 8:15 in a green kit passing through the Ballycullen junction towards Scholarstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Jersey heading towards Stepaside from Kilternan around 5.30.

Advertisement