Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Possible pink jersey in stillorgan around 7pm (beside Bondi/Burn nightclub), I was going along the main road!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Apologies- missed your reply.

It's less cruiser, more traditional- like this.

Upgraded to this. :)

DB_DB_zpsfcf83db1.jpg

Nice pic :pac:
    Think I have seen your bike round there before but didn't know you were a Boardsie. Will wave/shout next time. Good idea about the basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Where do ye get these Lime Green Boardsie Jerseys??

Want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Want!

Do you realize what you have just done? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I don't think the gravity has sunk in yet...

These jerseys are ordered as a group buy and is usually started by some unwitting person asking that question.

If all goes to plan a thread will start and a poll added. This may involve a spreadsheet and a bit of chat about design and colour. Then some proper drawings appear then another poll.

Once a final design is drawn up its tweaked a bit. Then money needs to be sent and or not sent and goods ordered.

Then they get distributed and people reserve the right to open a paypal dispute at this point.

Joking aside its quite painless. I imagine there will be one in the spring once the current order for caps has been sorted. (Was thinking about taking this on...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Want!

Rest in peace.

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Do you realize what you have just done? :eek:

Well, I saw a really savage looking black 'n lime green Wilier the other day in Dundrum. Lime green Boardsie jerseys seem like a logical follow on from that kind of coolness. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Well, I saw a really savage looking black 'n lime green Wilier the other day in Dundrum. Lime green Boardsie jerseys seem like a logical follow on from that kind of coolness. :pac:

Why not do an order and see how you get on:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

sullzz wrote: »
    Why not do an order and see how you get on:eek:
    I have heard rumours of another poster (not me) starting an order thread next week, so I think we should only come back to superelliptic if that falls through.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CramCycle wrote: »
    I have heard rumours of another poster (not me) starting an order thread next week, so I think we should only come back to superelliptic if that falls through.

And we are off:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057137193

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »

Ha! I've created a monster! :D

Pink jersey with green shorts (full length) today on Nutgrove Avenue. Spotted you patiently waiting at the lights near the Aldi junction and then at the Nutgrove Shopping Centre junction you went when the pedestrian lights came on, shock horror!

Dónal wrote: »
    Pink jersey with green shorts (full length) today on Nutgrove Avenue. Spotted you patiently waiting at the lights near the Aldi junction and then at the Nutgrove Shopping Centre junction you went when the pedestrian lights came on, shock horror!

Guilty as charged.
    The things one does to get to his driveway.

I'll get me' coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Saw my first boards Jersey on the road earlier. About 10.30 riding a black felt after ray croftons garage heading for maynooth. Was in the cage so didn't wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Saw my first boards Jersey on the road earlier. About 10.30 riding a black felt after ray croftons garage heading for maynooth. Was in the cage so didn't wave!

That was myself, went on a spin to Summerhill, Rathmolyon and back through Enfield and Donedea. Well spotted...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I was out in the splendor of the full pink kit today (i.e. Friday) and got a couple of "Boardsie" shouts - from another cyclist at the lights at Fosterstown North (Boroimhe) in Swords and later from a pedestrian at the lights outside Tesco in Rush. :)

Spotted the original jersey yesterday around 13:11 heading through Dundrum on a white bike (Orbea?).

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

Spotted the original jersey yesterday around 13:11 heading through Dundrum on a white bike (Orbea?).

Guilty; correct on Orbea, good spot as I must have been flying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Drury Street Car park, Sunday evening 5:25pm, pink jersey, white (?) helmet.

I was in the passenger seat of a car leaving the car park but couldn't say Hi as the window doesn't wind down.

Drury Street Car park, Sunday evening 5:25pm, pink jersey, white (?) helmet.

I was in the passenger seat of a car leaving the car park but couldn't say Hi as the window doesn't wind down.
    Guilty! :)

• Advertisement

Guilty! :)

Finally!! I must be the only person who hadn't ever spotted you. :)

Finally!! I must be the only person who hadn't ever spotted you. :)
    :D

(Was I stuffing my face with a sandwich and Snickers in the bike area when you saw me or was I on the way out?)

:D

(Was I stuffing my face with a sandwich and Snickers in the bike area when you saw me or was I on the way out?)

You were still at the racks, just behind the low white wall, but I couldn't see what you were doing, and then I lost sight of you as I had to explain to my OH why I was jabbing my finger excitedly at a closed car window.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

@wishbone ash That was me at the Boroimhe lights. You were just ahead of me all the way from Drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Padjo5 that was me that beeped hello at you on Friday afternoon on the R132 just north of the roundtower service station at Lusk.

Pink jersey today at 2pm(ish) going up that drag towards Featherbeds from Sally Gap side. Tried to give you a shout, not sure if it went across though (was going the other way, Orwell jersey).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pink jersey today at 2pm(ish) going up that drag towards Featherbeds from Sally Gap side. Tried to give you a shout, not sure if it went across though (was going the other way, Orwell jersey).

Myself on an extended lunch break on the way back from the Gap. Fantastic day to be in the hills, looks like more to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tzarkahn

Full green kit going up Washington St in Cork just now.

Spotted Alek on St. Patrick's street in lime shorts. Nice meeting you and thanks again for the pull. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

You're welcome :) I was actually thinking of the commuting etiquette thread so when I realized somebody is drafting me I tried increasing the pace slightly to give him a hard time... It wasn't easy at all into the headwind and stopping at these lights spared me a heart attack I guess :D Now you know why I was panting my lungs out :P

Advertisement