Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Beasty wrote: »
    New jersey just past Skerries Point/Eurospar 2.24pm today

That was me, was that you on the bike going the other direction?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Think I saw someone heading up Knockmaroon Hill around 12:45 in the verge gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Today, café in Blessington. Pink jersey, lime shorts. Surrounded by Orwell jerseys.

That would have been me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

godtabh wrote: »
    Think I saw someone heading up Knockmaroon Hill around 12:45 in the verge gear

That was me I'd say. Had the New Jersey on and verge bib tights, which are great by the way.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

WilkBMC wrote: »
    That was me, was that you on the bike going the other direction?
    No - was actually in the car bringing a track pump down to blow up the kid's tyre (he and his sister had headed down on their bikes with their mother in tow, and he managed to get a flat on the way there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Ah right, keeping ya busy so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

That was me I'd say. Had the New Jersey on and verge bib tights, which are great by the way.

I saw there verge and turned around to see if i could see a jersey. Was in a car so only got a glimpse of green. Couldn't tell if it was a boards jsersey or not but figured it was

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Boards shorts (and white rain jacket) heading north on the R132 at Dardistown cicra 7pm tonight.

Passed by Boardsie in Verge tights (and Swords CC Jacket) this morning southbound on the R132 at Lanistown approx 9.30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen this morning heading to CKnock wearing ss jersey & shorts.

It's like winter dude.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Met one at the lights in Ballsbridge this morning, sorry I didn't ask who you were. You are right though, that is a horrible road to commute along.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

This day last week, a Cervelo jersey and what looked like boards lime shorts on Iona Road in Drumcondra. Bit late I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

CramCycle wrote: »
    Met one at the lights in Ballsbridge this morning, sorry I didn't ask who you were. You are right though, that is a horrible road to commute along.
    only realised after that I never introduced myself.
    Nice to meet you again.
    Robert

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Passed by Boardsie in Verge tights (and Swords CC Jacket) this morning southbound on the R132 at Lanistown approx 9.30am.

That was me running late for work. Seen you had boards kit on, was going to say hi but didn't want you to have to pull ear phones out ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Saw a possible pink one passing portobello a few hours ago, was on the other side of the road into the wind..crying inside..

detones wrote: »
    That was me running late for work. Seen you had boards kit on, was going to say hi but didn't want you to have to pull ear phones out ;-)
    Ear phones?? Me?? I never wear ear phones when on the bike! :confused:

(You entered the subway at some rate considering the blinding sun! I always have to slow down there now since getting the crap scared out of me when I met another cyclist exiting at the same time a few weeks back).

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Ear phones?? Me?? I never wear ear phones when on the bike! :confused:

(You entered the subway at some rate considering the blinding sun! I always have to slow down there now since getting the crap scared out of me when I met another cyclist exiting at the same time a few weeks back).

Sorry thought you had earphones. My bad. Will say hi next time ;-)

Nice aul facility that underpass. I should really be taking it handier going through it. Did not even think of cyclist coming towards me thought it was one way !!!

detones wrote: »
    Did not even think of cyclist coming towards me thought it was one way !!!
    The part where we entered is supposed to be one-way but that's where I met a muppet! The part after the T-junction is two-way for cyclists and pedestrians going to and from the Hearse Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Zyzz wrote: »
    Saw a possible pink one passing portobello a few hours ago, was on the other side of the road into the wind..crying inside..

Was that after 9ish last night? Might have me coming home from work. Got blown down the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

daragh_ wrote: »
    Was that after 9ish last night? Might have me coming home from work. Got blown down the canal.

Yup around that time, you had a black top on over it, only noticed the sleeves! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Have been passing a Boardsie in the new lime gear on the Grand Canal cycle path on a almost daily basis in the morning for the last month now.

Not sure who you are but saw you walking last week, figured it was a mechanical, I would have stopped but you looked better equipped than I was:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Are you thinking of the cycle path starting near gallery quay/railway bridge on the way to baggot street/portobello?

Wizardej wrote: »
    Are you thinking of the cycle path starting near gallery quay/railway bridge on the way to baggot street/portobello?

No the other end, by Grand Canal Street. Should have been clearer!

No worries!-probably not me though I do go through Grand canal street (blue helmet, blue long sleave baselyer under boards jersey)

No worries!-probably not me though I do go through Grand canal street (blue helmet, blue long sleave baselyer under boards jersey)

Pretty sure thats you actually, black Hybrid?

Yeah black hybrid and all the winter clothing gear is me! 3rd spotting:) Give me a wave sure next time!

Minor issue with bike the other week-still suffering a bit after minor accident (on cycle lane when dublin bike over took someone on opposite side at last sec and I went straight into him!) :eek:

Saw another Boardsie (lime shorts) going along grand canal street about quarter past 6 this evening

Lime green shorts last night around 5.50. Hybrid I think. On the Canal around Dolphins Barn. Gave you a wave.

daragh_ wrote: »
    Lime green shorts last night around 5.50. Hybrid I think. On the Canal around Dolphins Barn. Gave you a wave.

Jeepers I think thats me again!! I promise everyone I don't wear them everyday! :pac: (Was on a black hybrid with a fluroscent top and face buff-seen you overtaking and then giving a wave (just near the fire station). Sorry was in a bit of daze and didn't wave back! Nice bike though. What is it (was thinking of upgrading)

• Advertisement

Jeepers I think thats me again!! I promise everyone I don't wear them everyday! :pac: (Was on a black hybrid with a fluroscent top and face buff-seen you overtaking and then giving a wave (just near the fire station). Sorry was in a bit of daze and didn't wave back! Nice bike though. What is it (was thinking of upgrading)

You win the award for most visible Boardsie this week. Medal is in the post :D

Bike is a Planet-X Kaffenback.

Advertisement