Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen daragh_ turning onto baggot St. He heard me shouting at someone sitting on a yellow box, I was a bit harsh but most likely due to my bad day at work. She dropped her phone when I shouted, so she could progress through the junction safely.

Apologies for the shouting, she caught me in bad humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Nonsense, that's your normal voice :-)

Anyway I would have been a lot less polite!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Boards jacket heading northbound on the Malahide Road circa 7.15pm this evening at Balgriffin.

Need More Gears or Dermot Illogical??

Edit: Scrap Dermot -lid firmly attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

New kit this afternoon at 12:58 heading South off the Man of War Climb at the end of Quickpenny Road, Lusk. Might have been WilkBMC but I ain't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Boards jacket heading northbound on the Malahide Road circa 7.15pm this evening at Balgriffin.

Not guilty your honour - cracked the rear deraiileur hanger in a spill last wednesday. Bike is with Jimmy in Malahide and I'm suffering separation anxiety!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Southbound R132 (Old N1), just past Great Gas Service Station at Turvey taking right at the small roundabout (in Balheary direction) - Lime Green, 10.28 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    New kit this afternoon at 12:58 heading South off the Man of War Climb at the end of Quickpenny Road, Lusk. Might have been WilkBMC but I ain't sure.

Twas me Flat out coming down the hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Definitely not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Full green kit, black & red Ridley southbound crossing O'Connell bridge this morning @ ~8:45

seamus wrote: »
    Full green kit, black & red Ridley southbound crossing O'Connell bridge this morning @ ~8:45
    That was myself - 30k into a 200k spin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

WillyFXP wrote: »

Lollers

My wife and daughter informed me that they spotted a cyclist in boards green shorts somewhere between Blake's Cross and Lusk this morning.

(I didn't think they took any notice of such things! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Pink kit on Dorset street/Granby row junction around 5ish

I shouted boardsie but had my balaclava on so I don't think you heard :pac:

Zyzz wrote: »
    Pink kit on Dorset street/Granby row junction around 5ish

I shouted boardsie but had my balaclava on so I don't think you heard :pac:
    That was me - dead in the saddle and longing to be home after a 180km trek of pure drugery around Wicklow. I heard your shout but it took a second or two to register what you said so apologies for not responding in time. Were you not cold in that Lotto gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Pink Boardsie on R132 just after Crown Plaza, I road up alongside you to say hello. Was that you Wishbone Ash on the last leg home. I thought you might have gotten on the back of me for a tow. If it was the end of 180k I am sorry for not waiting for you.

del_boy13 wrote: »
    Pink Boardsie on R132 just after Crown Plaza, I road up alongside you to say hello. Was that you Wishbone Ash on the last leg home. I thought you might have gotten on the back of me for a tow. If it was the end of 180k I am sorry for not waiting for you.
    Yes that was me. Nice to meet you and thanks for the offer. I've never been passed by so many cyclists on the Dublin to NCD leg. A very tough day in the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

That was me - dead in the saddle and longing to be home after a 180km trek of pure drugery around Wicklow. I heard your shout but it took a second or two to register what you said so apologies for not responding in time. Were you not cold in that Lotto gear?

Ha yeh you looked absolutely miserable :pac:

Not really, tshirt and base layer underneath..toes were a bit cold but nothing serious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw someone in the green jersey outside Glasnevin cemetery this evening at ~17:45 heading north.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Pink boardsie on dorset street around 5pm, i was behind you,cheers for the tow ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I saw someone in the green jersey outside Glasnevin cemetery this evening at ~17:45 heading north.
    Could have been myself, on the winter commuter, white Felt hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Could have been myself, on the winter commuter, white Felt hybrid?
    I only copped you at the last second, so I didn't notice your bike. Were you wearing shorts (in mid December :eek:)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I was, 'twas a lovely mild day (for December)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Old Boards jersey heading North after Santry. Pushing the bike because of a puncture. I stopped to offer help but not required.

Lovely bike btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Thanks for stopping! I've decided that a walk to work with the new Sting album on both earphones is a better idea than wrestling with a tube on the sidewalk.

My frankenbike says he's flattered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

full pink gear ( I think ) heading towards airport under m50 on old swords rd about 13:30/ 14:00

full pink gear ( I think ) heading towards airport under m50 on old swords rd about 13:30/ 14:00
    That was me (yes -full pink kit). :)

(I got a puncture just beyond that at Dardistown.)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

ah no, and there's me in the van killing time at side of road, hope you got sorted quick enough :-)

ah no, and there's me in the van killing time at side of road, hope you got sorted quick enough :-)
    Yes, got going again after about 20 mins - long shard of glass in the tyre.

(Panaracer Ribmos are a curse to get off and on at the side of the road).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Saw one pink last Tuesday while heading down the Stillorgan Road, my first boards jersey sighting. Any chance of another batch being made?

Advertisement