Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Garzard wrote: »
    Saw one pink last Tuesday while heading down the Stillorgan Road, my first boards jersey sighting. Any chance of another batch being made?

In 410 speak, I think that means you just volunteered. Nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saw an original jersey yesterday eastbound on grove road @ 18:30 while I was waiting for the lights into Rathmines. Oh how I wished to be going eastbound at that point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

That was me (yes -full pink kit). :)

(I got a puncture just beyond that at Dardistown.)

Was that you with a buddy in an orange top just past the (now closed) Garda station in Whitehall heading north at approx 13.40.?? You were both in the shared cycle track/footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jimm wrote: »
    Was that you with a buddy in an orange top just past the (now closed) Garda station in Whitehall heading north at approx 13.40.?? You were both in the shared cycle track/footpath.
    Time would be about right and I was on the shared track but I wasn't cycling with anyone (unless passing someone).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

smacl wrote: »
    In 410 speak, I think that means you just volunteered. Nice one :)

Depending on the price of jerseys and hassle of organising orders etc I actually wouldn't mind since a green boards jersey would blend in perfectly with my bike, but with my organisational skills I'd need a hand with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Garzard wrote: »
    Depending on the price of jerseys and hassle of organising orders etc I actually wouldn't mind since a green boards jersey would blend in perfectly with my bike, but with my organisational skills I'd need a hand with it!

1374704155776.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Think I spotted the classic original jersey today around noon heading up Cruagh. Just about managed to give you a 'Hey Boards!' shout, not sure if it was audible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Blackrock bypass @ 08:00 this morning, green shorts and leg warmers heading into town, called out a hola but I I don't think you heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭nilhg

Spotted derealbadger passing my place this afternoon in full boards lime green, it's a sticky dead bit of road along there, open to the elements I'd reckon he was glad to get over Dunmurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Spotted a Boardsie in the pink shorts swinging off the coast road in Malahide into a housing estate.
    Shouted 'Boardsie'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Could someone please make me a boards hoodie for when im gyming it!!

Could someone please make me a boards hoodie for qhen im gyming it!!
    Well done.
    No one has ever done a group buy for Boards hoodies before. ANy suppliers in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

bcmf wrote: »
    Well done.
    No one has ever done a group buy for Boards hoodies before. ANy suppliers in mind?

i dont know if your being sarcastic or not so i will defer my answer until i recieve further knowledge!

On another note, i would wear a boardsies hoodie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

On another note, i would wear a boardsies hoodie

Ill take a large! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

bcmf wrote: »
    Spotted a Boardsie in the pink shorts swinging off the coast road in Malahide into a housing estate.
    Shouted 'Boardsie'.

That's some eyesight you have there. I was working off some of the holiday excess. Nice day for it, although I'll need another few hundred km to get back to pre-holiday weight:o

That's some eyesight you have there. I was working off some of the holiday excess. Nice day for it, although I'll need another few hundred km to get back to pre-holiday weight:o
    Well it was actally detones who spotted you and said 'The state of yer man in the boards shorts'.*
    I was just a bit more polite.

*may not actually be true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

New (lime) Jersey on Leopardstown Roundabout, heading down Brewery Road at 8:40 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Green Jersey and Pink Shorts outside the RDS this morning around 8.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Spotted a pink jersey at the G.C. training spin in maynooth this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

9:50 am, Grand Canal Cycle Track at The Barge.

You were heading west in full green kit on an MTB- with full face mask? I was heading east on a Dutch bike (no face mask).

It was my first time seeing the green kit in the flesh so didn't realise it was the Boards one until you'd passed my shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Passed a pink full kit just after Ballsbridge on the road down to the Aviva, I was on the Red Fuji, indicating left down Google St. although I also waved at the same time which may have confused you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    9:50 am, Grand Canal Cycle Track at The Barge.

You were heading west in full green kit on an MTB- with full face mask? I was heading east on a Dutch bike (no face mask).

It was my first time seeing the green kit in the flesh so didn't realise it was the Boards one until you'd passed my shoulder.

May have been me. Was on a black/grey carrera hybrid- blue helmet/blue baselayer/red backpack & balaclava (thought it was going to be freezing this morning but it wasn't too bad-may have been slightly over prepared... plus may have looked like a robber :pac:
    Usually use the track to get down to St James's.
    Haven't really seen another boardsie round there yet

Wizardej wrote: »
    Was on a black/grey carrera hybrid- blue helmet/blue baselayer/red backpack & balaclava ... may have looked like a robber :pac:

Sounds about right. I think the only bit of you not covered was your eyes.

I cycle the Canal Track daily, usually closer to 9 am than 10, but you wouldn't know me as a Boardsie as jerseys aren't my thing. Keep your eyes peeled for the green crate/pink bell/cream tyres combo instead. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Pink kit on a red/black Ridley.

Exchequer st just now.

Forgot to call out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pink kit on a red/black Ridley.

Exchequer st just now.

Forgot to call out.
    Guilty as charged! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

CramCycle wrote: »
    Passed a pink full kit just after Ballsbridge on the road down to the Aviva, I was on the Red Fuji, indicating left down Google St. although I also waved at the same time which may have confused you.
    No confusion. Tried to say "Hi" back.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Sounds about right. I think the only bit of you not covered was your eyes.

I cycle the Canal Track daily, usually closer to 9 am than 10, but you wouldn't know me as a Boardsie as jerseys aren't my thing. Keep your eyes peeled for the green crate/pink bell/cream tyres combo instead. ;)

Yeah was going for the ol' ninja look :cool:
    Was running late as well-must be a friday thing! Will keep an eye out - is it like this:
    http://www.mocoloco.com/archives/011408.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Tall chap, pink kit, white armwarmers, white Trek. On the Merrion Rd southbound at around 6pm.

I would have said hello at the lights but I was out of breath from keeping up - you were really motoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Pink Kit at the Merrion Centre, just past Vincents Hospital. This morning close to 9.

Gave you a wave while I was fixing a puncture.

• Advertisement

Wizardej wrote: »
    Will keep an eye out - is it like this:
    http://www.mocoloco.com/archives/011408.php

Apologies- missed your reply.

It's less cruiser, more traditional- like this.

Upgraded to this. :)

DB_DB_zpsfcf83db1.jpg

Advertisement