Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pink and black gear, going up the hill on Taylors Lane towards Marley park at about 2:20pm. You were past me before I go a chance to shout. Somewhat distracted trying to keep my daughter and her new puppy under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

That was me I think. Last leg of a tough club spin. If I had attempted a wave I would have fallen off the bike. I'll be in touch about the pedals btw. Waiting on a bike to put them on.

daragh_ wrote: »
    That was me I think. Last leg of a tough club spin. If I had attempted a wave I would have fallen off the bike. I'll be in touch about the pedals btw. Waiting on a bike to put them on.

Yep, saw a Tiernan's group a few seconds previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Full green kit, dark fuji @ Malahide earlier this evening. Around 6.45 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Full green kit, dark fuji @ Malahide earlier this evening. Around 6.45 or so.
    That was me dragging my legs behind me after doing Kilmashogue Lane and then Balglass/Balkill Road on the way home!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Full pink kit in the Gallops, D18 around 1:35

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

godtabh wrote: »
    Full pink kit in the Gallops, D18 around 1:35
    That was me. I knew there was another boardsie around the area.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Was chatting to a boardsie at Leonard's corner and on to Rathfarnham. Didn't catch the username though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Was chatting to a boardsie at Leonard's corner and on to Rathfarnham. Didn't catch the username though!

That was me :)
    Nice meeting you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hmmzis wrote: »
    That was me :)
    Nice meeting you.

Hmmzis

This may have been why I just looked confused when you said it to me:pac:

Nice to meet ya. You were no slouch the whole way through town, fair play!

• Advertisement

Lad sporting pink and black boards gear coming up Cruagh road as I was coming down (4ish?). I shouted a 'Hi Boardsie' but was too focussed on the road to see if there was a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

That was myself. Took me a second or two for my brain to register your hello.
    I blurted out some sort of response. You were probably around the next bend by then.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Green kit spotted on Ballycullen Rd heading towards Firhouse Rd about 08:10.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Spotted green kit down by grand canal yesterday evening and said hello. First time I seen someone else with it round that area!

Wizardej wrote: »
    Spotted green kit down by grand canal yesterday evening and said hello. First time I seen someone else with it round that area!
    On the cyclepath? What time?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

On the cyclepath? What time?

It was on cycle path at the lights just before that blind spot corner with the bushes and houses (before the hotel and luas line) around 6ish. It's the lights where everyone crosses at once!

It was on cycle path at the lights just before that blind spot corner with the bushes and houses (before the hotel and luas line) around 6ish. It's the lights where everyone crosses at once!
    Wasn't me but I've seen a couple of Boardsies pass that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Green kit spotted on Ballycullen Rd heading towards Firhouse Rd about 08:10.
    Both me. Been a while since I've been spotted.

Ballycullen Rd @ 08:10? Yep, I was late...

seamus wrote: »

Yep, I was late...
    I did wonder about that. I was getting the bus that day :(

Green kit heading towards Sutton on the cycle track alongside James Larkin Rd at around 12.35 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

1st sighting in ages, must be the warmer weather and no need for jackets - Today 12:40 Green kit, bottom of Carysfort Ave, Blackrock. Turning south.

Green kit heading towards Sutton on the cycle track alongside James Larkin Rd at around 12.35 today.
    That was myself Dermot. I was daydreaming and only copped you as you passed. (Were you wearing the pink shorts?)

That was myself Dermot. I was daydreaming and only copped you as you passed. (Were you wearing the pink shorts?)

Red and white, but when I'm spinning awesomely fast they blur into pink :)

Blue jacket, no lid, no mudguards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

That was myself

Seriously, there should be a separate thread dedicated to Wishbone Ash sightings.

:pac:

Alek wrote: »
    Seriously, there should be a separate thread dedicated to Wishbone Ash sightings.

Haven't got spotted much lately! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

1st sighting in ages, must be the warmer weather and no need for jackets - Today 12:40 Green kit, bottom of Carysfort Ave, Blackrock. Turning south.

Lunch time spin over Killiney hill, coming down Vico road Sorrento wasn't in it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Alek wrote: »

But then we wouldn't need this thread anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Lunch time spin over Killiney hill, coming down Vico road Sorrento wasn't in it...

Nope, bottom of Carysfort Ave, turning right on to the Frascati/Temple road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Nope, bottom of Carysfort Ave, turning right on to the Frascati/Temple road

Eh, I left the office on Carysfort Rd. and headed up to Killiney hill through Monkstown and Dalkey.

When I was coming down the Vico road subsequently, with the sun sparkling on the bay, the view was like that of the famed Sorrento bay.

Great day for a spin, might do it again today if the weather holds and work doesn't pile up too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Seen a lad on the road from merrion gates into town along the coast
    About 5 this evening gave u a thumbs up

Advertisement