Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think Fozzy should lock the submissions thread after 11:30pm tonight. There's been more than 7 days by this point to get the rosters in.

After the deadline passes people can send me their top 5 rosters and I'll tally the votes over the weekend and announce the winner for Monday hopefully. :cool:

Fozzy should temporarily lock both threads. Kind of like the day before a referendum or election when there's a media ban on discussing it. "A day of reflection" is what it's called I believe!

Seriously, I'm read through them all now. It's hard narrowing it down to a top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

is there a prize for worst roster??:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

In before the lock!

I had so much more written, plus some pretty nifty pictures done up, but I totally ran out of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

For me, number 1 and 2 are obvious. Their order less so.

Am I correct in saying JBI89 and Dez Warlock are disqualified? If so, a great waste of some great picks.

Question: If you ask no questions, and none are asked against you, does that count for or against, or is it just a nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying JBI89 and Dez Warlock are disqualified? If so, a great waste of some great picks.

Yeah I think we'll just have to move on without those guys. I feel for dez as I think he's actually on holidays still but he's been away longer than he expected it seems. As for JBI89, well he's shown little interest in the later rounds so him not submitting his ideas doesn't surprise me too much. A shame because I thought his roster was good.
    gimmick wrote:
    Question: If you ask no questions, and none are asked against you, does that count for or against, or is it just a nothing?

No that shouldn't count against anyone. That was just an optional element for us all.

I think I've two people in mind for my top 5 but I'll give it a bit more thought over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This is the last weekend im in the Country and dont know how much ill be online (and when I am I might not be fully sober) so I just made my picks, kinda surprised with who I picked too,1 or 2 rosters I hadnt expected actually got into my top 5 when it came to time for me to pick.

so over to everyone else and remember... Vote Bounty Hunter ;)

My vote has just been cast too.

OK we've got 18 participants eligible to make their votes and so far I've got 6 votes from people which is pretty good going. Still looking for votes from the following names not crossed out...

Spongey1975
    Jayhaitch2
    RebelRockChick
    gimmick
    b.ie curious
    Fozzy
    callaway92
    orestes
    Furious-Red
    Bounty Hunter
    Mr.Nice Guy
    michael.etc
    KKV
    Vince135792003
    Danger Dave
    ec18
    Bubs101
    Minto

Everyone has until Sunday night to get their votes in so hopefully that's plenty of time. :cool:

How exactly do we vote?

Just PM MNG with something like:

Hey MNG, my votes for the draft are:

1. KKV
    2. KVK
    3. VKK
    4. KKK
    5. VVV

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭ec18

How exactly do we vote?

Just PM MNG with something like:

Hey MNG, my votes for the draft are:

1. KKV
    2. KVK
    3. VKK
    4. KKK
    5. VVV

:confused:

yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Just sent MNG my votes.

most of the rosters made really good reading. There was some that came together really obviously, and others were a bit more off-the-cuff. A couple people mentioned mine coming together well (cheers),and i think thats really true of a few of em...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I just made my votes. It was a tough one narrowing it down

Okey doke here's an updated list of those who have presented their votes. Those who aren't crossed out have until tomorrow night to send them to me.

Spongey1975
    Jayhaitch2
    RebelRockChick
    gimmick
    b.ie curious
    Fozzy
    callaway92
    orestes
    Furious-Red
    Bounty Hunter
    Mr.Nice Guy
    michael.etc
    Deleted User
    Vince135792003
    Danger Dave
    ec18
    Bubs101
    Minto

So then still waiting on b.ie curious, orestes, Furious-Red, Bubs and Minto.

I've just PM'd a reminder to the final quintet who have yet to send me their votes that they have until midnight tonight to PM me their top 5 rosters. I hope to have everyone's votes on board and the plan is to announce the winner early tomorrow morning. I'll also publish how everyone voted to ensure that everything was done fairly. I haven't yet counted the votes but there does seem to be a few names popping up regularly but it might be close at the top.

I've just PM'd a reminder to the final quintet who have yet to send me their votes that they have until midnight tonight to PM me their top 5 rosters. I hope to have everyone's votes on board and the plan is to announce the winner early tomorrow morning. I'll also publish how everyone voted to ensure that everything was done fairly. I haven't yet counted the votes but there does seem to be a few names popping up regularly but it might be close at the top.

Your system has more accountability than the Olympic boxing one.

You're system has more accountability than the Olympic boxing one.

Hopefully it will produce a more decisive result. :cool:

An update on proceedings, I've received the votes of orestes and Minto so that leaves the following trio who have yet to give their top 5 rosters...

Bubs101
    Furious-Red
    b.ie curious

If you chaps want to have your say on the winner you have until midnight to PM me your choices.

So let's rock the vote lads. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

And here are the results from the d4 jury...
    (in other words, votes submitted)

And then there were two. Furious-Red and Bubs101 have just over two hours to submit their votes.

I wonder if even one person voted for me :(

We should have had 5 regular votes, and a sympathy vote for people like me. Like a "thanks for trying" kinda prize :)

• Advertisement

I wonder if even one person voted for me :(

We should have had 5 regular votes, and a sympathy vote for people like me. Like a "thanks for trying" kinda prize :)

Not long to wait now, KKV. I'll be knocking off this thing soon but it looks like the final two won't be making their voices heard. Tsk-tsk. People in Zimbabwe would give their right arm to have the democratic right to vote in the WWE Boards Draft Spectacular.

As I say I'll post the result tomorrow morning hopefully. If Bubs or F-R are feeling like night-owls and get their votes in over the night then I could still count their votes but if not that's too bad as I'm going to post it in the morning no matter what as promised. :pac:

dammit. i thought you were gonna post it tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Hey, i was outta the country and am really sorry I didn't get to make my roster submissions on time!

Anyway to make up for that I have 1 or 2 DVD's lying around that are still sealed that i'm willing to donate to the winner if interested. I'll post them and all no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

no your too late dezzie lezzie

Anyway to make up for that I have 1 or 2 DVD's lying around that are still sealed that i'm willing to donate to the winner if interested. I'll post them and all no problem!

Nice gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

I was bored and checked my average draft pick . Got 14th which is not as bad as i imagined .

Cool MNG, pity i wont be able to check till tomorrow night !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

dont know of its to late but im gonna give a quick read over the rosters and pm MNG asap. apologies for not voting earlier

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I was bored and checked my average draft pick . Got 14th which is not as bad as i imagined .

Cool MNG, pity i wont be able to check till tomorrow night !

did the same myself average was slightly better than 12th which makes me even happier with how my roster turned out. Think i got lucky with a few picks like Hulk Still being available when the first rd got to me and Muraco & Orton in Rd6 .

Also agree thats a nice gesture Dez_Warlock...and i dont think your too late Furious red, MNG is usually on late and did say that he could still add your votes if your on late night voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

dont know of its to late but im gonna give a quick read over the rosters and pm MNG asap. apologies for not voting earlier

PM away. It's just Bubs left to vote so, maybe he'll be on during the night.

Also agree, nice gesture dez!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

We should almost have a Pro Wrestling forum Beer up after this epic thread that has gone for almost 3months! .

Advertisement