Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

only 1 more pick to go!

suppose for anyone who is unsure now might be a good time to decide exactley what the next round entails for the people who arent sure (ive most of mine written up when i was previously waiting to make a pick) so that people can then start describing their roster/card/whatever then when the final pick is made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I say do it in a new thread, as this one has become a tad too big. Got mine pretty much written up. Just need to bulk it out a tad.

Anyway, with the roster I have, how can I fail???;)

id say do the Roster descriptions etc in the other thread and leave this one for discussion, look at the soccer forum there is a 2000 post thread on Gareth Barry's possible move to Liverpool... this thread isnt too big

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OK I just made dez's pick for him. I wasn't sure if Corino counted but I see he was on WWE's books briefly a year ago and wrestled a few times for them.

Minto's pick did seem a bit dubious to me but I'd be willing to allow it as it technically counts under our criteria.

I've PM'd Fozzy to ask him to change the name of the picks thread to one for our rosters. That way we can stick our rosters in there and leave this thread for discussion.

I'd be in favour of a 5 day limit initially which could rise to 7 days if necessary.

People could feel free to post their rosters tonight if they are ready as soon as the other thread is altered.

I'll maybe post the rules we discussed a few rounds back in the other thread to make it easy for people to follow. Hopefully it will run smooth anyway. (Fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

OK I just made dez's pick for him. I wasn't sure if Corino counted but I see he was on WWE's books briefly a year ago and wrestled a few times for them.

Minto's pick did seem a bit dubious to me but I'd be willing to allow it as it technically counts under our criteria.

I've PM'd Fozzy to ask him to change the name of the picks thread to one for our rosters. That way we can stick our rosters in there and leave this thread for discussion.

I'd be in favour of a 5 day limit initially which could rise to 7 days if necessary.

People could feel free to post their rosters tonight if they are ready as soon as the other thread is altered.

I'll maybe post the rules we discussed a few rounds back in the other thread to make it easy for people to follow. Hopefully it will run smooth anyway. (Fingers crossed)

How is voting going to work?

• Advertisement

How is voting going to work?

After we reach the deadline and hopefully have everyone's rosters, people can PM me their top 5 rosters (not their own one!) and I'll tally them up and announce them as soon as I have them all.

I was thinking it would work like this:

Number one = 10 points
    Number two = 7 points
    Number three = 5 points
    Number four = 3 points
    Number five = 1 point

I'd then publish the winner and afterwards which way everyone voted.

Cool, that works.

that sounds good to me I was worried when it was only 3 votes as it could be very hard to pick between some rosters and i didnt really want to see some end up with 0 for example when maybe they would have been most peoples 4th choice.

think im almost ready to post mine too, bit wary of being first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'll probably work mine out tommorow or the day afterwards. Not having the Miz or Elizabeth has put me in a dodgy dodgy spot.

Just one question MNG, can we mention other talent as long as they never actually feature in our programme?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just one question MNG, can we mention other talent as long as they never actually feature in our programme?

I would say no. The aim is to see what you can make out of your own group of wrestlers rather than bringing up other talent.

I think I'll try and post my roster ideas tonight. It might make it easier for everyone else to see how it will work.

I've posted the rules on the other thread so everyone can reference what we need to do.

As I said before, when querying a particular roster everyone please do so once so that we don't see things spiral into arguments. We'll see if we can keep it civil enough.

• Advertisement

ok hope what i did is right... as its now in the other thread!

Wow that's an excellent way to kick us off Bounty Hunter. I like your attention to detail and the way you outlined alternative feuds you could go down in future.

I'd like to make a query of your roster and ask you who you would see coming out on top of your main event feud. Would it be the Hulkster?

Wow that's an excellent way to kick us off Bounty Hunter. I like your attention to detail and the way you outlined alternative feuds you could go down in future.

I'd like to make a query of your roster and ask you who you would see coming out on top of your main event feud. Would it be the Hulkster?

thanks

well seing as the way i layed it out the promotion is only starting out id probably keep the belt on Hogan. A really short run for the first champion wouldent exactley lend too much credability to the belt/promotion. Also with it being a triple threat i dont think either challengers credability would be too hurt i.e they didnt get a 1on1 chance against the champ. I know Yoko did in the build but again he could blame Cena for costing him that match the way i suggested it going down. therefore either could easily challenge again or feud with each other leaving the Hulkster free to feud with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Tazz couldn't have been the last ECW champion. ECW was still going when Tazz was in WWE. I think it was Rhino. Not that it matters too much in the context of your feuds

I thought there was some mad controversy where a ECW wrestler left the ECW for WCW with the title and then the crazy situation happened where WCW allowed him to compete in a one off ECW show to drop the title, even weirder it was current WWF wrestler Tazz that made a one off return to ECW to win the title back.

edit: I think your right it wasnt Tazz, it was prob Rhino

though about what i said above
    Wiki wrote:
    Just a few months after Tazz arrived in the WWF, Mike Awesome, the man he'd dropped the ECW World Heavyweight Championship to, signed with World Championship Wrestling. Legal wrangling by Paul Heyman prevented Awesome from taking the title belt with him, and in a piece of bizarre wrestling history, ECW and WWF officials agreed to have Tazz, a WWF wrestler, make a surprise appearance at an ECW show to defeat Awesome, a WCW wrestler, for the ECW Championship.[19] Tazz held the belt for ten days before losing it to Tommy Dreamer, during which time he wore it on various WWF shows, including an episode of SmackDown! where he lost to the WWF Champion Triple H[20]—a booking decision Vince McMahon later expressed some regret about.[21

I thought there was some mad controversy where a ECW wrestler left the ECW for WCW with the title and then the crazy situation happened where WCW allowed him to compete in a one off ECW show to drop the title, even weirder it was current WWF wrestler Tazz that made a one off return to ECW to win the title back.

That was Tazz beating Mike Awesome (a WCW wrestler at the time) for the ECW belt. But Dreamer bet Tazz for it on an ECW show shortly after (one week I think it was)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Just to clarify on Rhino- he was the last ECW Champion, winning it at Guilty as Charged 2001.
    Steve Corino defended the belt against Justin Credible and Sandman in a three-way tables,ladders,chairs, and err, canes match, which saw Sandman win the strap. Then Rhyno came down, threatening to kill Sandman's family, unless he immediately recieved a title shot. And he quickly won the title after pile-driving the champ onto a shard of table. It was well done, i thought.

Liked the write-up Bounty Hunter.

Just did my recap. Took longer than I had anticipated but least it's out of the way. :pac:

very nicely layed out MNG

just one point, with only ten competitive wrestlers on your roster i.e not inc Bearer & Maria do you think that having 3 belts is wise?

very nicely layed out MNG

just one point, with only ten competitive wrestlers on your roster i.e not inc Bearer & Maria do you think that having 3 belts is wise?

Cheers BH.

I think belts are useful for getting over a wrestler to the audience although I think with only ten competitive wrestlers there would be a danger of cheapening the belts alright. I'd intend on treating the belts in a very old school manner though as the World Title wouldn't be defended on my TV shows, with the IC belt and Tag belts only defended on very rare occasions. I favour long title reigns for champions when possible.

With that being the case I think 3 title belts would be manageable but I would need to take care not to have the belts pass into too many different hands.

• Advertisement

No mention of Bret vs Piper? I know they did stuff together, but that wasn't when Piper was at his peak

I just thought that I'd mention a few guys who weren't picked who I think are better than a good few who were picked. You could still get a decent roster from the ones who weren't picked!

The Great Sasuke (I would have picked him if Jushin Liger hadn't been available)
    The Sheik (Terry Funk has his role on my roster)
    Eddie Gilbert (very underrated I think. I was thinking about picking him and Missy Hyatt)
    Genichiro Tenryu
    Kevin Sullivan
    Konnan
    Chavo Guerrero Sr
    Lioness Asuka
    Kyoko Inoue
    Alex Shelley

I'd have accepted any of them on my roster

for some reason i had expected someone to pick SOS

Fozzy wrote:
    No mention of Bret vs Piper? I know they did stuff together, but that wasn't when Piper was at his peak

I did earmark Bret vs Piper for a future feud but I think both guys would be better spent in other feuds rather than in one bumper feud.

Here's names that were on my list...

Some men's wrestlers:

Spike Dudley, Terry Taylor, Koko B Ware, Jim Duggan, Chief Jay Strongbow, Tatanka, Test, Crash Holly, Hornswoggle, George 'The Animal' Steele, The Patriot, Buff Bagwell, Ahmed Johnson, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo

Some women:

Candice, Dawn Marie, Jazz, Michelle McCool, Beulah McGillicutty, Nattie Neidhart, Tori

Managers:

Lou Albano
    Armando Alejandro Estrada
    Freddie Blassie
    Jimmy Hart

I considered these wildcard-type picks:

Daniel Puder, Zach Gowen, Harry Smith, Chris Candido, Vickie Guerrero.

Fozzy wrote: »

The Great Sasuke (I would have picked him if Jushin Liger hadn't been available)
    The Sheik

I'd have accepted any of them on my roster

Them two were very much in my thinking.

A couple of guys that I considered too were Adrian Adonis, Butch Reid, Candido and Pedro Aguayo.

My recap is now completed too.

nicely done Vince, seing yours and MNG's card is making me regret not using the superstar images with the card as it looks very well IMO.

I understand what you mean about obscurity maybe being against you (not that the names are too obscure but maybe a bit before most peoples time) I myself wasnt sure wether I should pick Aja Kong for the same reason.

actually whats peoples opinion of Aja, Do people know/remember her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

They should. She, along with several of her colleagues in AJW put on some of the greatest matches ever around 93/94.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just to add to the list of people I am surprised was not picked, is The Doctor Of Style himself - Slick.

Ill put up my roster probably Friday, as I am just after having an idea to improve it a bit.

I remember her. Would have loved to have picked her along with Trish.

Another pick I considered was David Von Erich. He wrestled I believe once in the WWWF.

Also the Grand Wizzard would have been another manager to pick too.

• Advertisement

Well i was halfway through mine and i lost everything so i had to do it again. :(

Anyway, i stole Vince's layout. And now im going to bed. Its nearly 3am and i am wrecked. I shall investigate the rosters over the weekend and nit-pick any tiny little problems i can find in an attempt to make mine look superior :pac:

Advertisement