Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just submitter my roster:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

These are making for some interesting reading indeed. Liked RRC and MNG's especially, but i think Fozzy's is a really good read because it focuses on the storylines, and the overall potential in the roster, more so than one card.

Doing mine atm too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

And we have a winner
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Match 3...Chris Masters vs Fabulous Moolah...Masterlock challenge...Moolah says she can get out of the masterlock...Can She??

****ing hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Decided to put the first counter to someones roster . Vince you have 4. Davey Boy Smith versus Nigel McGuinness in a match together. However you say at there peaks. Nigel McGuinness never wrestled in the wwe at his peak .

5. Billy Kidman (the WCW version) versus Ultimo Dragon (the WCW version) This seems wrong, this is the WWE Draft, so to have the guys competing at there peak which was on the Rival company at the time seems weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Hi Everyone.

Having laptop issues again, should have mine posted by this time tomorrow. Sorry if I'm holding everything up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bubs101 wrote: »
    And we have a winner

****ing hilarious

lol genius isnt it ;):rolleyes: haha

I didnt realise until i had to write up my thingy how much I hate this haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Decided to put the first counter to someones roster . Vince you have 4. Davey Boy Smith versus Nigel McGuinness in a match together. However you say at there peaks. Nigel McGuinness never wrestled in the wwe at his peak .

5. Billy Kidman (the WCW version) versus Ultimo Dragon (the WCW version) This seems wrong, this is the WWE Draft, so to have the guys competing at there peak which was on the Rival company at the time seems weak.

I think that's a brutally weak argument.

Why can't I state that I'd like my wrestlers to be wrestling at their peaks irrespective of where that was? The fact that they're peaks were not in the WWE is a mute point to me. Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes and the Fabulous Freebirds (3 of RRC's picks) experienced the peak of their careers outside the WWE.

Should that take away from her picks? Hell no. Because when someone picks Ric Flair, you're picking Ric Flair at his best and not a watered down WWF 1991 Ric Flair.

When you're looking at wrestlers to me you ask the following questions, at their peaks; did he/she draw?, did he/she have great matches? and could she/he talk? And if you apply them questions to my roster, you'll get a yes to at least one of those questions with many of my roster getting a yes for all three (Brody, Vader, Lawler, Rogers).

I think that's a brutally weak argument.

RebelRobot Chick picked people who are closely associated with the WWE . You picked Billy Kidman + Ultimo Dragon as a Tag, even though they never tagged as 2 man tag in the WWE(only a 3 man tag on Velocity), Both never had extended runs in the WWE, therefore are not closely associated with the WWE, unlike Ric Flair/Dusty Rhodes.

You pick Nigel McGuinness who only ever wrestled dark matches i believe? (could be wrong on that) Again never closely related to the WWE, only to wrestling.

RebelRobot Chick picked people who are closely associated with the WWE . You picked Billy Kidman + Ultimo Dragon as a Tag, even though they never tagged as 2 man tag in the WWE(only a 3 man tag on Velocity), Both never had extended runs in the WWE, therefore are not

I'm not going to answer each point directly because you're only supposed to criticise someones roster once I believe. I will say you're factually wrong about them never tag teaming before. I checked. I don't think this is the first time you've been querying my picks either. Get over it. One of the reasons why I sometimes went for the lesser known/surprising picks (like making the Bulldogs my first pick when I had the option of arguably more known people) was to add a bit of color to the whole thing.

Now on your point about RRC picks, that's where you're wrong. When people think Fabulous Freebirds, they think of the Von Erich feud in World Class in Texas.

When people think of Dusty Rhodes, they think of his feud with the Four Horsemen and not his 1 year polka dot run in the WWE (which was was shorter than Billy Kidmans).

When people ask Terry Funk (a pick of Fozzy's) what the peak of his career is, he doesn't say the dumpster match at Wrestlemania or any period in the WWF I would imagine.

The list goes on and on and the faulty logic you're applying to my roster could be transposed on 90% of the rosters.

I will say you're factually wrong about them never tag teaming before. I checked. I don't think this is the first time you've been querying my picks either. Get over it.

Fair enough on the never 2 man tagged before in the wwe was not 100% sure, also dude relax ! its a bit of fun :) .

I just wanted to get the ball rolling on what should be the most important part of the draft , arguing about other peoples rosters while defending your own. To let other people see your claims and hopefully improve your own roster in doing so.

P.S On the actual subject we''ll just have to agree to disagree .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

When people ask Terry Funk (a pick of Fozzy's) what the peak of his career is, he doesn't say the dumpster match at Wrestlemania or any period in the WWF I would imagine.

Might be a good time to reiterate a point that I made a few weeks ago. You could say that Nigel McGuinness's WWE prime was as a jobber on Heat. But at the same time, we're allowed use our wrestlers any way that we want. Even though Nigel was a WWE jobber, he was having great matches elsewhere for other promotions. So he had the talent that Vince speaks of when he was in WWE, and Vince wants to use him in a role that's different from a jobber

The Freebirds never had an extended run in the WWF, they only had about five matches

I think I made my original point about Funk. The Funk that wrestled in the WWF in the mid-80s wasn't any different from the Funk that wrestled for the NWA in the late-80s, apart from having a much more prominent role in the promotion

Fozzy wrote: »
    So he had the talent that Vince speaks of when he was in WWE,

As did Kidman and Dragon (at least initially) in the WWE but they just didn't really get the level of oppurtunities they got in WCW (especially in Dragon's case). In many ways, you could make same statement about Terry Funk in relation his 80's run in the WWE. He was just as good as he would be later but he was positioned in a different way. And that shouldn't take away from Fozzy's pick.

Im only online for a second before retreating back to bed (i bruised my tail bone, or so im told, so its painful to be at the pc, and lying in bed is the only thing i can do in semi-comfort) but i think that if everyone starts getting ultra competitive, its going to ruin the fun of the game :(

And my back is hurting, so im gone again now.. all the rosters look awesome, but im gonna wait til all are posted until even trying to pick a top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

On the issue of the deadline we said a maximum of 7 days which by my count would make the final deadline Tuesday night. However I just got a PM from ec18 asking if I could extend the deadline to Thursday. I think that would be better because then we can have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to make our votes and we can then announce the winner on Monday. I hope that's OK with everyone.

So then everyone has until 11:30 pm on Thursday night, 21st of August, to submit their rosters. After that Fozzy can just lock the submissions thread.

By my count we've received ten rosters so far and are still waiting on roster submissions from the following...

Jayhaitch2
    gimmick
    b.ie curious
    orestes
    Furious-Red
    michael.etc
    ec18
    Bubs101
    Justbringit89
    dez_warlock

Remember if you don't submit your roster you won't be eligible to win the contest or help determine the winner so try and get your rosters submitted.

No one is expecting a huge essay, just a decent outline of your plans. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Hey, i just posted my roster there. Hopefully it reads well, i fear i repeated myself a bit.
    Agree with Fozzy and vince in regards to stars who we're using who weren't necessarily big in the WWE. It was always made clear i felt, that we'd incorporate what we felt was there prime..

Forgot to mention- tnx to MNG for putting a helluva effort into this whole thing.

So, by my check the following people have less than 24 hours to submit their roster summary:

Furious-Red
    ec18
    dez_warlock
    Jayhaitch 2
    b.ie curious
    gimmick
    justbringit89
    orestes

It would be a bit of a pity if nearly half the participants ended up basically being kicked out of the game :(

You don't have to write something even half as long as some of the other ones!

Fozzy wrote: »
    You don't have to write something even half as long as some of the other ones!

Yeah, just put your roster up and select a few matches. Pictures, storylines etc... aren't necessary at this stage. If the card and roster is good, it will stand out anyway.

It would be a shame for everyone not to have put something up. There's still time though so get typing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

just posted mine

ec18 wrote: »
    just posted mine

Cool. Still waiting on:

Furious-Red
    dez_warlock
    Jayhaitch 2
    b.ie curious
    gimmick
    justbringit89
    orestes

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Mine is up now too. Sorry for the delay and many thanks to MNG for all his efforts.

When do we get to questioning and voting?

• Advertisement

Update on the list:

Furious-Red
    ec18
    dez_warlock
    Jayhaitch 2
    b.ie curious
    gimmick
    justbringit89
    orestes

You can question a way. Voting will be starting probably tommorrow by PM'ing MNG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, I am done now. It actually went a tad longer than what I had hoped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Finall got mine up, really sorry about the delay guys

So that leaves:

Furious-Red
    dez_warlock
    b.ie curious
    justbringit89

There's still time!

Some of the rosters have stood out to me more after the summary pieces, michael.etc's in particular. Not that he had a bad roster, but it didn't stand out to me too much over some of the others. The booking made it more interesting though. There's a few others like that too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

id agree I think in action (PPV form) Micheal's etc roster looks a good deal better.

hope the final four get theirs in today but if not maybe they could still be able to enter theirs over the weekend, but if people have already voted before they posted them, it would be their own fault as they missed the initial deadline.

hope the final four get theirs in today but if not maybe they could still be able to enter theirs over the weekend, but if people have already voted before they posted them, it would be their own fault as they missed the initial deadline.

I think today should be the cut off point just to make things clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thought the cut of of 11.30pm today was not open to discussion?

gimmick wrote: »
    Thought the cut of of 11.30pm today was not open to discussion?

I thought so too, there's already been an extension. It'll be seven days then, won't it? When we were making the picks we had to check on the thread almost every day, so there's no excuse of not noticing it or not having enough time really. Some people were writing their summaries before the seven days had even started

3 to go:

dez_warlock
    b.ie curious
    justbringit89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Fozzy should lock the submissions thread after 11:30pm tonight. There's been more than 7 days by this point to get the rosters in.

After the deadline passes people can send me their top 5 rosters and I'll tally the votes over the weekend and announce the winner for Monday hopefully. :cool:

Advertisement