Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bugger, didn't read this thread before I made my pick, just saw that Minto picked JR and it's been decided we won't be picking commentators, gimme a minute and I'll make another pick, sorry about that folks

Edit: done now, not a great pick I know, but I had to think fast and I think about as fast as that guy when I'm rushing so it was kinda appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Made my pick, callaway92 is up next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As I missed my turn this time round, I can pick once Danger Dave (number 20) has made his, ya?

Justbringit89 missed his pick aswell, so I think he goes after Danger Dave and then your pick gimmick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

should prob just PM MNG then the second Dave posts MNG can add your pick and post the final rd draw like was done before, obviously the same goes for JBI89 I think or he can just post when he next gets on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Ive made my Pick ! Just on Vince's pick, has Nigel McGuinness ever wrestled in the WWE? Or is this another grey area pick from vince ? :)

think he did a dark match, dont fully know though think he falls into the AJ/Samoa Joe catagory

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nigel's wrestled on Heat. Good pick there. He'll be signed by WWE by the end of 2009 at the latest, I guarantee it

so where are we with this then?

I am ready to make my delayed pick, but I think I must wait for JBI89 to do his first before I am allowed make mine? Or does it matter as we both missed our turns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

so where are we with this then?

I think we are waiting for the guys who missed their turns to make their picks. Then we're waiting for MNG to draw the 10th round.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick, You can make your pick now.

I'm not sure what the story is with JBI89. I've not heard from him and I don't think he's even checked the thread. I don't think he's particularly bothered with this any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In that case dibs on Lesner

Job. Will do so now.

Picking a fella, so my last pick has to be a woman.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    In that case dibs on Lesner

I asked at the start of the thread if people dropped out would their picks be up for grabs, the answer was no.

im sure he will prob show again seing as we are in the final rd and maybe make a double pick so as not to have wasted so much time making his roster

I just sent JBI89 a PM to see what the story is. If he still wants to play hopefully he'll get his pick in soon.

I'll be doing the final draw today anyway.

I just sent JBI89 a PM to see what the story is. If he still wants to play hopefully he'll get his pick in soon.

I'll be doing the final draw today anyway.

He was on today around 1.30pm. It would be a pity if anyone was to drop out at this stage when it's nearing the end.

"Leave the memories alone..." :pac:

Yes folks we have at last reached the tenth and final round. It seemed to take an age but now we are nearing the finishing line. Before I get to the draw I must make the following clear in the hope we get a smooth transition into the final stage.

- By my count, six of you have missed your turn in the game and thus have one strike against you. As you know we have a two-strike rule and this was responsible for john concannon's elimination in an earlier round. It would be a real pain on everyone to lose another participant at this late stage so please be mindful of when your turn is, especially those who missed a turn already.

- The rules state that everyone can only have 2 tag teams and 2 women and you must have a mimimum of 1 tag team and 1 woman. Only 4 participants have yet to choose a woman so in the final round these 4 are obliged to choose a female in accordance with our rules. The four names are Spongey1975, gimmick, b.ie curious and Vince135792003.

Likewise by my count everyone has reached their 2 tag team limit except for Minto and callaway92. Therefore they are the only ones entitled to pick a tag team in the final round should they choose to.

OK then I hope everyone knows where they stand. Right then behold the final draft order...

* FINAL ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, New Age Outlaws, Lex Luger, Pedro Morales, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty, John Morrison, King Kong Bundy, The Godfather,
    2. Jayhaitch2...Kurt Angle, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, JBL, Scott Hall, Ken Shamrock, Mickie James, Hurricane & Rosey, Freddie Blassie, Jerry Crusher Blackwell,
    3. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventura, Jerry Lynn, Juventud Guerrera, Christy Hemme,
    4. gimmick...Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat, Matt Hardy & MVP, Harley Race, Bam Bam Bigelow, Jamie Noble & Kid Kash, Shane Douglas, Goldust, Colt Cabana,
    5. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show, Bob Backlund, DDP, Al Snow & Steve Blackman, Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake, Val Venis, Stevie Richards,
    6. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich, Terry Funk, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda (IRS), Jushin Liger, Bryan Danielson, Junkyard Dog, Sable, Stan Hansen,
    7. callaway92...The Road Warriors, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, William Regal, Fabulous Moolah, Marty Jannetty, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Mark Henry, Chris Masters,
    8. orestes...Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Vince McMahon, Brian Pillman, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn, Bob Holly & X-Pac, Sherri, D-Lo Brown, Eugene,
    9. Furious-Red...Chris Benoit, Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Bobby Lashley, Finlay, Frankie Kazarian, Kofi Kingston, Stacy Keibler, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch,
    10. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Yokozuna, Jimmy Snuka, Tazz & Raven, Don Muraco & Bob Orton, Mr Fuji, Ron Simmons, Alundra Blayze,
    11. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Kane, CM Punk, Rock 'n' Roll Express, The Rougeau Brothers, Maria, Bad News Brown, Steve Williams,
    12. michael.etc...Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Rick Rude, Rick Martel & Tito Santana, Paul Orndorff, The Wild Samoans, Mil Mascaras, Miss Elizabeth, Low Ki,
    13. KKV...The Undertaker, Curt Hennig, Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan, Honky Tonk Man, Earthquake & Typhoon, Melina, Eric Bischoff, Muhammed Hassan, Ariel,
    14. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Tiger Mask, Jim Cornette, Bruiser Brody, Ultimo Dragon & Billy Kidman, Buddy Rogers, Nigel McGuinness,
    15. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho, Batista, Dudley Boyz, Trish Stratus, Sergeant Slaughter, Molly Holly, Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, The Nasty Boys,
    16. ec18...The Rock, Edge, Christian, AJ Styles, Sunny, Samoa Joe, TAKA Michinoku & Funaki, Tyson Tomko, Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas,
    17. Bubs101...Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino, Steiner Brothers, Sycho Sid, Pat Patterson, Chyna, Gail Kim, Christopher Daniels, Elijah Burke & Marcus Cor Von,
    18. Minto...Triple H, Randy Orton, Bobby Heenan, Shane McMahon, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr, Stephanie McMahon, Umaga, Killer Kowalski, The Great Khali,
    19. Justbringit89...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Sabu, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Mr Kennedy, Carlito & Santino, Victoria, Tommy Dreamer, ________,
    20. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Rhino & Tajiri, Lita, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert, Super Crazy, Evan Bourne, Psicosis,

Fozzy please cut-and-paste the above as always. Thanks.

Like the last round Justbringit89 is a pick behind us so he is free to make his Round 9 pick whenever he comes on. (Assuming he still wants to participate of course)

In the meantime, the rest of us can crack on with completing the final round so Spongey and Jayhaitch are free to pick away.

Following the completion of this round the picks thread will become the rosters thread and in that thread we will each make our case for our rosters as outlined in the plans in my sig. There will be a deadline put in place for everyone to outline their ideas. Most likely 3-5 days as I reckon that seems long enough for us all.

Don't worry about all this too much as I will clarify everything in more detail as soon as the last pick has been made and the rosters have been finalised.

OK then good luck to each one of you and, for the final time, Happy Pickings. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Oooh. This is getting tense. I have my sights firmly set on one female talent, but both spongey and gimmick are ahead of me and they both have to pick their lassies. I have a funny feeling I'm going to be glued to boards tomorrow at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I don't want to pick...if I do then its all over :(

Pick made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Oooh. This is getting tense. I have my sights firmly set on one female talent, but both spongey and gimmick are ahead of me and they both have to pick their lassies. I have a funny feeling I'm going to be glued to boards tomorrow at work.

I know what you mean, I have my sights firmly set on one Miz but I have a feeling somebody might pick him ahead of me out of spite. Tense

Made my final pick :(

Gimmick is up next :)

Drat. I'm heading out tonight so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out whether or not gimmick has stolen my chosen femme.

Yay, I'm back..

Drat. I'm heading out tonight so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out whether or not gimmick has stolen my chosen femme.

Thing was, I was trying to do my pick from about 4.10, but my bastard computer at work went on a major go slow, and it took me the bones of an hour to submit my pick.

Well, I've made my pick... and its for your own good.

Nice pick at this late stage, callaway. Next up is orestes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

My last pick is up, sorry there's no vids and stuff :o

i got banned from the board for 5 days andi didnt even miss my go.

This game is going oh so very slow :(

• Advertisement

It has been a slow one alright which doesn't bode well for the weekend but hopefully Furious-Red will be about soon.

Advertisement