Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well i was halfway through mine and i lost everything so i had to do it again. :(

Anyway, i stole Vince's layout. And now im going to bed. Its nearly 3am and i am wrecked. I shall investigate the rosters over the weekend and nit-pick any tiny little problems i can find in an attempt to make mine look superior :pac:

since your still awake ill nitpick now... btw again (although youve given credit to Vince) nicely layed out but why use a womens title instead of say the IC? seems odd as you could only ever have the same match again and again for it with only 2 women in your promotion.

since your still awake ill nitpick now... btw again (although youve given credit to Vince) nicely layed out but why use a womens title instead of say the IC? seems odd as you could only ever have the same match again and again for it with only 2 women in your promotion.

Very true. But I don't think its very fair to pick on my women, because i wasn't allowed to have any more than two in the first place (there would have been at least a third woman on there otherwise).

As for the remark about the IC belt, i would think that with the general longevity of my roster being quite short (i'd estimate, if it was real, you'd get about two years of TV time, max) having a mid-card title could devalue the WWE chamionship. The WWE title would be the centerpiece for many storylines, and the other rivalries on my roster would be 'personal' feuds (the American against Hassan etc.).

If i had to put a third championship on my roster, it'd be the Tag Team Belts, as i have three teams (if you include Hassan/Daivari), but i still think that too few is better than too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just on KKV's analysis of his roster he said:
    Muhammad probably hits number one in the "best heel of the last decade" category in wrestling,

I don't think he's in the top 20.

It's easy to get heat when you're an Osama Bin Laden look alike and even then with the run he had, it was very short and didn't draw much money.

wonder will i be the only one to describe the build of the feuds on the card and results of fights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've really enjoyed following this draft from the outside. Some very interesting rosters out there... I most like the look of RRC and ec18s rosters but Vince has put together a great and varied looking card... the early favourite in my eyes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm finishing up my submission now I'll try have it posted up sat/sun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've got a good bit of mine done, but my computer's going pretty slow tonight and I'd like to stick in a few pictures. I'm also very tired and I've probably rambled a bit in it. It'll definitely be up tomorrow evening

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Vince has put together a great and varied looking card... the early favourite in my eyes!!!

Thanks.

Just on Rebel Rock Chicks, I think the big plus with it is that you can pretty much see the match ups already before she even writes it up.

is it the best or our favorites we vote for? cos my favourite roster out of the ones picked (excluding my own of course) wouldent be the best i.e the most succesful.

is it the best or our favorites we vote for? cos my favourite roster out of the ones picked (excluding my own of course) wouldent be the best i.e the most succesful.

You'd vote for your favourite rather than what you think will be successful I think. If you think of yourself as a fan, and there's these 20 promotions, which one would you be most likely to watch? I think that's the way you should vote

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    You'd vote for your favourite rather than what you think will be successful I think. If you think of yourself as a fan, and there's these 20 promotions, which one would you be most likely to watch? I think that's the way you should vote

uh-oh people dont like my top draft picks Hogan & Cena, but they are money in the bank for any promotion

I think a number aspects should be considered. Voting doesn't have to be down to just 1 core issue.

To me I'm looking for:

- Which rosters are the strongest in terms of drawing, wrestling and mic work.
    - Which event I'd like to watch.
    - Which event has natural match ups and feuds.

I was considering judging on a mix of:

most importantly: what i'd personally want to see

less importantly: what would be a generally succesful roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

I think it depends on what type of wrestling is you favoutire. Personally I prefer stroy driven/promo wrestling. So thats how i'll be judging the best rosters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Another thing that I'm looking out for is the order of people's picks. Lets face it, some people got an easier ride than others. I'm interested to see how people who missed out on the Shawn Michaels and the Hulk Hogans create their marquee events.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm liking the roster submissions thus far. Offering me plenty of food for thought as I try to decide my top 5. :)

Just put mine up. I wrote most of it last night, didn't realise it was so long. Although a quick word count tells me that spongey wrote more than me, so I don't feel as bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Excellent work there Fozzy. Really high standard being set I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Thats me Done ! would have done more ( See my ATH answers, but Im wrecked and Im on my 5th beer so don't think id have been able to keep going ) Also Internet access at the moment is kind of limited.

Just Like to Say Cheers MNG , i loved absolutely every bit of this, from what crappy draft pick i got, to who's picking who. Damn I dont know who to vote for ! . Not Fozzy because he's a mod at least i know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus H. I had a nice little succinct piece put together. I see that more is needed now.

or maybe I can go by "less is more"?

I'll make my submission tmr.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »

or maybe I can go by "less is more"?

An overlooked formula for success in wrestling.

It was the same as always with me, I start typing with no clear idea and then it all just comes to me and I have to get it all down. It tortures me to leave stuff out, even if it's for the worse :pac:

An overlooked formula for success in wrestling.

Or to quote Earl, from My Name is.... "If less is more, then more is definitely more" :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Or to quote Earl, from My Name is.... "If less is more, then more is definitely more" :)

Who did he ever beat?!

He beat "The Man". Kind of. Though his current state kind of makes him look like the loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Fozzy wrote: »
    Just put mine up. I wrote most of it last night, didn't realise it was so long. Although a quick word count tells me that spongey wrote more than me, so I don't feel as bad :pac:

Didnt realise mine was that long either until i posted it, wrote it in several sessions which made it seem not so long. Good fun though

Some good rosters there so far, plenty to think about

I just put in a list on the other thread saying who's done their roster submission, just so we can keep an easy track of who's still to go. Eight have gone so far, so we're still waiting on 12 people after four days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Am I too late to put my roster up? Sorry, I'm abroad atm and have very limited net access, I can have it up later today or tomorrow at the latest if I'm not too late? Sorry about the delay guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just submitted my roster.

Thanks to MNG again for coming up with the whole thing, certainly passed away a rainy summer :)

• Advertisement

Just submitted my roster.

Nicely done and good, natural card too.

Advertisement