Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Hi - have just registered, though I have been reading all the posts for a while now... Hope this msg sends :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullslinebacker

Hey all,

Just a quick question to see if anyone else is still waiting for word from C13. Im sure its pretty late in the game but i still ain't heard a peep. Does anyone know how many more intakes are coming from C13? i heard a rumor that there is Sept (already contacted), Oct, Nov & Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Hey all,

Just a quick question to see if anyone else is still waiting for word from C13. Im sure its pretty late in the game but i still ain't heard a peep. Does anyone know how many more intakes are coming from C13? i heard a rumor that there is Sept (already contacted), Oct, Nov & Dec.

i think that from Nov onwards intakes will be from C14.

The first of C13 was Feb and at an average of 50 per intake, this would make the calcs about right. The august intake was 58 and the Sept one is 60, so October wold wrap up 13.

Again JMHO:D

Thanks MGH. I'm kinda expectin the 'Dear John' letter to arrive any day now but fingers crossed i get phone call. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

after ringing a few weeks ago i was told campaign 13 will be ending in december. so 14 would be Jan onwards I assume

• Advertisement

Hey all,

hi - me too - i'm also waiting to hear from campaign 13...hopefully they will still keep the intake going until Dec..

This probably is not the correct thread for this question but, does anyone know the facial hair policy of Garnerville and indeed the wider PSNI? I personally have a glorious beard which i believe will have to be trimmed down to a short/neat goatee. Will this be acceptable in Hotel G? Or do i have to go for the 'Babyface'? Noooooooooooooooooooo..........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

This probably is not the correct thread for this question but, does anyone know the facial hair policy of Garnerville and indeed the wider PSNI? I personally have a glorious beard which i believe will have to be trimmed down to a short/neat goatee. Will this be acceptable in Hotel G? Or do i have to go for the 'Babyface'? Noooooooooooooooooooo..........:)

This one is a touchy subject. In the hotel rules you can have a tidy beard or tache but are not allowed to grow it any further whilst in there, however... Drill staff HATE THEM! So you will be TOLD and not asked to have it shaved off. You must shave everyday and be like a babies bum for show parades and the chief's parade. Your hair on your head must be no longer than a number 2 either............as drill staff say' if it's not under the hat then it's mine and I want it short'.

Hope this helps

Alan

so when are these phone calls going out again?

Recent patterns would indicate about 5 weeks before the next intake so if that is Oct 12th then week beginning Sept 8th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Your hair on your head must be no longer than a number 2 either............as drill staff say' if it's not under the hat then it's mine and I want it short'.

Hope this helps

Alan[/quote]

might aswell join the marines, more chance of me winning gold at the bejing olympics than skinning my head:D

given1 wrote: »
    might aswell join the marines, more chance of me winning gold at the bejing olympics than skinning my head:D

Big girls blouse!!!:D

This one is a touchy subject. In the hotel rules you can have a tidy beard or tache but are not allowed to grow it any further whilst in there, however... Drill staff HATE THEM! So you will be TOLD and not asked to have it shaved off. You must shave everyday and be like a babies bum for show parades and the chief's parade. Your hair on your head must be no longer than a number 2 either............as drill staff say' if it's not under the hat then it's mine and I want it short'.

Hope this helps

Alan

Thanks very much, babyface it is then.................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shaved head is ok by me!

my time in the waiting room is over. I have got the call for october :D:D

Thanks to everyone for all the support and positivity on here, was a great help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Thanks to everyone for all the support and positivity on here, was a great help!

Congrats mate very well done. Good Luck!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Fantastic news mate & about bleedin' time eh? Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

EXCELLENT!! WELL DONE!!

Well done mate. Congratulations! :D:D:D

thanks people! didnt even think phone calls would be out this week but they you are, they get you when you least expect it.. hopefully be a few more smiley faces posting this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

phoned vetting today just as i have done for the last nine months and guess what it's finally been passed,actually had to ask twice just to make sure i heard right, i've had the "it's still ongoing " that often it took me by surprise:), however only 3 weeks ago i got fed up with the whole thing and have booked a holiday for the last week in oct. does anyone know if they(and i know it's only an if at this stage)were to offer me a place for october would they let you defer until november because of a holiday? if not then think the wife will be going on her own

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Yes they will defer you if you have pre-arranged a holiday. They'll need some booking details by email or fax to confirm this though. If you do defer till Nov, I'll see you there ;)

Hi - just wondering if anyone knew what the highest merit score was that has been offered a place from a non Roman Catholic background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

JVB wrote: »
    Yes they will defer you if you have pre-arranged a holiday. They'll need some booking details by email or fax to confirm this though. If you do defer till Nov, I'll see you there ;)
    thanks for reply, still no calls today though, strange how this works im lower than the 250 mark and rc background thought if everything else was ok i should have got a call:confused:

thanks for reply, still no calls today though, strange how this works im lower than the 250 mark and rc background thought if everything else was ok i should have got a call:confused:

Still nov and dec to go for this campaign apparently so with that merit you'll be ok I'd think. Plus you could get call tomorrow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

m8t im 100% sure that should guarentee your spot, its just a question of when you get the call! look at Alan sure he got the call within two days of passing his medical,lol youve waited long enough, im sure this wnt be a prob:P!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

Mate with that score and background you are defo in, there was someone for the sept intake didnt get the phone call she just got the pack in the post so look out for the post man/woman.

Dudes and dudettes, my time in the waiting room has also come to an end! I got the call about 30 mins ago for the October intake! Thanks to all who answered my queries!!!!! Hopefully see you all at the SRN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Dudes and dudettes, my time in the waiting room has also come to an end! I got the call about 30 mins ago for the October intake! Thanks to all who answered my queries!!!!! Hopefully see you all at the SRN!

well done mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Congratulations man. All the best for the new career. Keep us posted on how things go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

Hi All,

I've been reading the posts for a while now ad was soon about to give up hope...but the call came today, i'll be starting 12th October. See you guys soon!:cool:

Advertisement