Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sony8391

From what i read if they feel you are suitable (whatever the criteria is) they still give you the chance even if you opted out on your original application!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

I think you're right about that. If you do really well they inform you of such. Although I have heard that the scheme isn't currently running?!? However, I would guess you'd need top 50 (or maybe less) to be considered.

Yeah i had thought maybe top 20 but who knows, intresting though if the scheme isn't running, any suggestions why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

No and I've lost the lid to that can of worms :D Just either read it or was told it during my app. Never got a pack myself either so it must be suspended :p

Better not say anymore on that can of worms lol... Oh well time will tell what the score is with the scheme. Has anybody heard a def date for first intake for c14, think i read dec / jan somewhere on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I wouldnt want to do that HPDS, hence why i didnt select it on the application. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

this question may be stupid but ill ask anyway,our info pack says we arent allowed to wear any branded clothing (logos etc)the pe kit however doesnt include trainers, i assume there are sport shops that sell good quality trainers with no brand name, im by no means someone who goes for branded goods only but i cant remember ever buying plain trainers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I think it means no logos referring to sports teams on clothing, trainers are ok whatever they are I think. I am bringing my ascics with me and some adidas and nike stuff for the gym and when im not in uniform, cant see it being a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I would probably agree with that. I can't imagine that they'd complain about a manufacturers logo on a pair of trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Don't worry about branded trainers, they are fine..I wear branded trainers..

They are really fussy about branded sports-wear, you have to buy a PE kit at a really extortionate price, but bring plain unbranded black shorts and tracksuit bottoms incase your gear isn't there..

• Advertisement

in the evening when not training can you wear for example a t shirt with diesel or superdry or something like that on it, I dont think I have a single item on clothing with nothing written on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

in the evening when not training can you wear for example a t shirt with diesel or superdry or something like that on it, I dont think I have a single item on clothing with nothing written on it

lol even though im not in im wondering that too,vast majority of my clothes are designer, diesel, g star etc etc with the logos or writing edvident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

I wouldnt want to do that HPDS, hence why i didnt select it on the application. :)

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

I would not want to do it either, i want to have a hands on role in the police by being out and responding to emergency calls and dealing with everyday problems, I would not like the idea of sitting in an office all day and doing interviews for UTV.

i ticked the box for it, sounds like a way of being in more interesting roles in the job, havent heard anymore on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Hi new recruit, you guys are startin to get into shape in drill. Good stuff dude. We will have to tie up and have a chat, if i can help in any way let me know.

Wanalaugh

ps i hope you didnt get show paraded!!!!!

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Hi new recruit, you guys are startin to get into shape in drill. Good stuff dude. We will have to tie up and have a chat, if i can help in any way let me know.

Wanalaugh

ps i hope you didnt get show paraded!!!!!

No show parade for me, thank god...But I was there till 5.45 clearing my room out anyway..The amount of gear they give you is unreal, and we still have a good bit more to get...

Are you ready for your exams? We are getting a little bit worried, ours are only 5 weeks away, and they haven't really tought us that much:confused:

Ive sorted all my stuff out....I have the big black bag full of stuff that aint used ie Skidlid, extra jumpers, boiler suit etc. I keep this in the car (take it out at night and put it back in, in the morning. God forbid your car gets nicked, then your in deep poo poo). Then all other stuff is in the locker. Did you get a locker yet. If so where are ya?
    Im revisin at the mo, and I would advise you to get stuck into it now. Some guys wait until the last minute to revise, buts its not advised.
    Exams next week :eek:
    cant wait to get em done, if I pass them, then im hopefull for the next batch.

wanalaugh

ps have you got all the emails with helpfull notes on them for exams and stuff?

Yeah got those e-mails, but with our courses being differant, I'm not sure whether to go by them or not...Might try and have a meeting with the SSO's to try and iron a few things out ref Exams..

Our Def's test is on Monday, still trying to get Article 26 right, keep missing the odd word here and there:mad:..After that i'm gonna concentrate on the CJS book..Thats one of the 1st exams and you know how thick it is:eek:

Aye I got a locker, down by the classrooms.

Just wee question on the definitions test. Did I hear right that it is a fill in the gaps type test, pretty much all gaps with the odd wee or, and, the added in here and there. basically how many words do you have to fill in per definition.

• Advertisement

Believe it or not, have certain words put in on the defs can throw you out a little. But make sure you learn them word for word...

New recruit, were you in the army before?

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    New recruit, were you in the army before?

No.. Why?

Just wondering dude. There are a few of the greens who are ex military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

whats the boiler suits for that you have in your black bag. is it like tsg training.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Its a little late but good luck to those starting today :)

Six weeks until i'll see you there :)

No one starting today its next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

BoutYe wrote: »
    Its a little late but good luck to those starting today :)

Six weeks until i'll see you there :)
    You're early actually,
    by a week!
    DOH!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

No one starting today its next week :)

Doh!!!! :) just realised that this morning :)

Hi all

I was wondering if anybody could confirm what i have heard with reference to annual leave following completion of your training. Either sombody told me or i have read it somwhere (apologies if the answer to my question has already been posted here). Once you have completed your training is there any set time period before you can take leave ? Also if you have already booked a holiday and then receive the all important phone call, i assume that is tough luck - no holiday and no deferral available?

Rgds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Sooooo....

How many C14ers are in here now?
    Hope i'm not still here in 12 months!
    I can take very little more of my current job.

Advertisement