Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Will be a very nervous week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

I didn't mean that the UID contributed to the yes or no answer just the order they let you know you are in. As I said I don't know if this is anyway correct I just thought I remembered someone mentioning it because at all the different rounds they were with the same people and so assumed they would get into the same campaign with those successful in that grouping. This would only serve to explain how somebody in the 700's got in before others with better merit pool numbers first. I dunno really just hope we all get told soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 frank1

MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    I didn't mean that the UID contributed to the yes or no answer just the order they let you know you are in. As I said I don't know if this is anyway correct I just thought I remembered someone mentioning it because at all the different rounds they were with the same people and so assumed they would get into the same campaign with those successful in that grouping. This would only serve to explain how somebody in the 700's got in before others with better merit pool numbers first. I dunno really just hope we all get told soon. :)

UID has nothing to do with groupings for squads - when you go for the IST and A/C you are grouped due to your UID.

Someone in the 700's has gotten in before others with better merit pool numbers simply because the 50/50 favours that particular religion and their medical/vetting is complete.

frank1 wrote: »
    UID has nothing to do with groupings for squads - when you go for the IST and A/C you are grouped due to your UID.

Someone in the 700's has gotten in before others with better merit pool numbers simply because the 50/50 favours that particular religion and their medical/vetting is complete.

I agree 100% was about to post the same thing actually. taking people in based on their Uid number doesnt make any sense. Imagine somone number 40 merit number passed everything and they make them wait for 7 months until its their uid groups turn. No way, cant see it being run like that.

GCBC, any joy about contacting appointments when the last squad for c13 goes in and when the first squad starts for c14?

• Advertisement

na didnt get round to it. After the last time I rang them I swore I would never ring again for anything else. :D

This is a worthy question though and would help a lot of people of the boards. I was told february though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

frank1 wrote: »
    This is a worthy question though and would help a lot of people of the boards. I was told february though...

Cant see the first intakes of C14 being as late as Feb...as happened in C13 I think the elite of C14 will go in with the tail end of C13...

At an educated guess I'd say first intake of C14 Nov or Dec.

Just my humble opinion, dont all go off on one!1:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

MGH,

is this your wishful thinking of joining JVB in Nov ? ;)

Par827 wrote: »

MGH,

Whoops rumbled!:o:o:o

Hope you can join us next week? Well this week really.

• Advertisement

Whoops rumbled!:o:o:o

Hope you can join us next week? Well this week really.
    MGH.

The intention is there - heaven knows I could do with it ! - just a few admin matters to be sorted first. I'll keep everyone informed one way or the other.

has anyone been able to find out for sure if its true that 440 + are being taken in from campaign 13. if true then feb could be right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Par827 wrote: »
    MGH,

Flip me, I either appear desperate or lonely (don't answer that :D)

JVB wrote: »
    Flip me, I either appear desperate or lonely (don't answer that :D)
    Maybe we know you too well.......;)

The phone calls for Sept go out this week and some long suffering boardsies get good news
    Fingers crossed y'all
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Phone rang...,Number flashed: 028902...,I nearly fell off my seat...,"Hello?"...,"Is this...",..."Yes"...,"I'm calling from such and such temping to ask if you would like to register with us?"...,NO Aghhhhhhhh!
    Here's hoping this won't happen too many times this week.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Anyone shed any light on whether they're taking more than 440 in for C13? I guess this would mean I'll have missed out by a slightly narrower margin. :(

carlty888 wrote: »
    Anyone shed any light on why they're taking more than 440 in for C13? I guess this means I'll have missed out by a slightly narrower margin. :(

AFAIK the intake for C13 is 440, no more no less.

AFAIK the intake for C13 is 440, no more no less.

There were rumours on previous pages of there being 440+ for C13. I don't think this has been confirmed.

There were rumours on previous pages of there being 440+ for C13. I don't think this has been confirmed.

I'd say that the chances of there being more than 440 in the intake are slim to none. So much so, if thats the case I'll eat JVBs pink thong.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Saying that guys, there are approx 10 intakes (so ive heard) and if you work out the maths thats 440 peeps / 10 intakes = 44 per intake. Our intake in Aug is 58 so this doesent add up.

MGH, you may be eating a pink thong for tea somenight.

JVB, could you hang it out to air prior to MGH munching on it.

wanalaugh

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Saying that guys, there are approx 10 intakes (so ive heard) and if you work out the maths thats 440 peeps / 10 intakes = 44 per intake. Our intake in Aug is 58 so this doesent add up.

MGH, you may be eating a pink thong for tea somenight.

wanalaugh

There may not be 58 people in every intake. 9 intakes of 42 + 1 intake of 58 = 436.

58 people in the August intake could be explained by a number of people having to defer from earlier intakes and their spaces not being filled in those early intakes. Possibly even people from C12 who have only just had vetting completed.

There may not be 58 people in every intake. 9 intakes of 42 + 1 intake of 58 = 436.

I hear that Carol Vorderman will be unemployed soon, think we need her on the case lol

I'll take 1 from the top, 2 from the middle and 1 from the bottom please Carol :p:D:p

*Beat you to it MrsGH ;)*

Someone said on here an officer told them something about extra people in camapaign 13, and i remember seeing it in a document someone posted, cant find it now though. As well at that frank was told the last intake was feb, why would someone from recruitment say that if it wasnt true.

wanalaugh

What are we talking about here!?! :rolleyes:

Thong-a-licious!!!!!!!!:p

Someone said on here an officer told them something about extra people in camapaign 13, and i remember seeing it in a document someone posted, cant find it now though. As well at that frank was told the last intake was feb, why would someone from recruitment say that if it wasnt true.

Carol Vorderman impressions aside. Is the recruitment process geared to confuse people? Why can't it be a straight forward system were everyone knows where they stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Hey,

I heard from a police officer that alot of people declined/dropped out of training after those attacks (shooting/bombs) on police recently. Maybe they still need to make up the 440 and thats why they are sorta taking more in. Ie if 40 declined that would possibly mean they need to offer another 40 training places therefore making the total 480 and not 440. Hope you catch my drift.

Carol Vorderman impressions aside. Is the recruitment process geared to confuse people? Why can't it be a straight forward system were everyone knows where they stand?

Cause that would be easy!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Hey,

I heard from a police officer that alot of people declined/dropped out of training after those attacks (shooting/bombs) on police recently. Maybe they still need to make up the 440 and thats why they are sorta taking more in. Ie if 40 declined that would possibly mean they need to offer another 40 training places therefore making the total 480 and not 440. Hope you catch my drift.

In that case I hope a lot more people (non-boardies of course) drop out and I have my "Dear John" from C13 rescinded. :D

If only. :(

Advertisement