Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Congrats to all those who got the call!!!! Aaaah - am so envious!!! Would you mind me asking what your merit score and background are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Hi All,

I've been reading the posts for a while now ad was soon about to give up hope...but the call came today, i'll be starting 12th October. See you guys soon!:cool:

Well done! Not jealous at all.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

Hey all that got the call congrats you will love it, im there 5 weeks now and its good craic, but it can be stressfull, just remember the sooner you get all your stuff done the quicker you get to the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

leegibson7 wrote: »
    Hey all that got the call congrats you will love it, im there 5 weeks now and its good craic, but it can be stressfull, just remember the sooner you get all your stuff done the quicker you get to the bar

Here Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Was just wondering if anyone knows if there is an intake in december or do they not have one due to christmas? If there is an intake then maybe it will be the start of the C14 intake or a combo of both C13 andC14 ......................................or maybe C11, C12, C13, C14 who knows!!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

owen1976 wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone knows if there is an intake in december or do they not have one due to christmas? If there is an intake then maybe it will be the start of the C14 intake or a combo of both C13 andC14 ......................................or maybe C11, C12, C13, C14 who knows!!! lol

hey owen1976, ive def read somewhere on this forum thats theres an intake on the 23rd dec:eek: someone else may be able to clarify this! lol its a bit of an inconvenient time......

given1 wrote: »
    hey owen1976, ive def read somewhere on this forum thats theres an intake on the 23rd dec:eek: someone else may be able to clarify this! lol its a bit of an inconvenient time......
    The way the intakes fall its the 21st but cant see that happening, I'd say from a purely logical point of view that that intake might get pushed back by a week or even two to either 28th Dec or 4th Jan.
    My money'd be on 4th Jan. No interruptions to training that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I'm inclined to agree with MGH on this one. I don't think the PSNI are likely to be bringing in a batch of new recruits, only to be packing them off on holiday within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

you only get xmas day, boxing day, and new years day off anyway so wouldnt be that much hassle IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

:eek: Is that all the holidays you get over christmas?

I think i need to get used to the real world... soon :confused:

• Advertisement

i think i read it in the welcome pack somewhere. ive been working since i was 16 and thats all ive ever had off so doesnt bother me one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

conor123 wrote: »
    you only get xmas day, boxing day, and new years day off anyway so wouldnt be that much hassle IMHO

It's still a break in the schedule that can be easily avoided. It wouldn't be ideal given that they're trying to beat some disipline into the likes of some of us. One long weekend and we'll all have gone off the rails again. :D

Im used to getting off for christmas on 18th dec and doing nothing until jan 5th or so.. the easy life is over for me, time to grow up :D

yep just checked it. says that no trainee shall be required to attend training on xmas day the 26th or new years day

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

yep just checked it. says that no trainee shall be required to attend training on xmas day the 26th or new years day

Well given that Christmas Day falls on a Thursday this year, We will be getting 25th,26th,27th and 28th off:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HGVwannab

Well I'm back here after a few months away of not being able to handle much more waiting. How many more C13ers are left now? We're a dying breed, 1year 4months since we applied and counting!

Well given that Christmas Day falls on a Thursday this year, We will be getting 25th,26th,27th and 28th off:cool:

We were told this week that we are getting the full week off at Christmas:cool:

We were told this week that we are getting the full week off at Christmas:cool:

is everyone getting a full week off? That would be immense :confused::D

is everyone getting a full week off? That would be immense :confused::D

Yep, there is no timetables for that week:D

HGVwannab wrote: »
    Well I'm back here after a few months away of not being able to handle much more waiting. How many more C13ers are left now? We're a dying breed, 1year 4months since we applied and counting!

hey-i'm also c13...it has been ages since we first applied hasn't it?! Would love to know one way or the other. This waiting has been agonising...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HGVwannab

NumberC wrote: »
    hey-i'm also c13...it has been ages since we first applied hasn't it?! Would love to know one way or the other. This waiting has been agonising...

What are the next intake dates? Are there 2 left? I don't think I'll be able to handle a 'Dear John' letter at this stage too well, I'll probably have some kind of melt down. You'll find me assuming foetal position in a darkened room for the next few months if that happens.

well the next group of us start on october 12th. calls are going out now for november 16th i believe is the date. but it isnt unheard of for people not to get called but just to get the welcome pack in the post a bit later;)
    also some people not taking up posts to due the ongoing dissident threats so more places can open up as and when they ring people.
    not sure what date a december intake will be on.

theres always hope guys:)

well the next group of us start on october 12th. calls are going out now for november 16th i believe is the date. but it isnt unheard of for people not to get called but just to get the welcome pack in the post a bit later;)
    also some people not taking up posts to due the ongoing dissident threats so more places can open up as and when they ring people.
    not sure what date a december intake will be on.

theres always hope guys:)

I dont think there'll be a Dec intake, it would fall on the 21st and its just pointless to start training and have it interrupted by Christmas. My money is on January, which would probably include some C14, if it wasnt the first full intake of C14.
    Its anyones guess tho.

What are the next intake dates? Are there 2 left? I don't think I'll be able to handle a 'Dear John' letter at this stage too well, I'll probably have some kind of melt down. You'll find me assuming foetal position in a darkened room for the next few months if that happens.

lol Least you have Campaign 14 to fall back on. What region of the merit list are you in for Campaign 13? I think by Christmas/ New Year is when they will be telling us one way or another...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

can anyone tell me what the shortest length of time for anyone applying in c13 from start to finish? i would like to no cause apart from a hiccup in the medical the waiting is a nightmare.

I think the quickest person to get in well from this board anyways was a chap called Jim who was in on the January intake, so thats about 4 months from Ist until getting in. Someone has to have a short wait and someone has to have a long one :P

cheers dude. 4 months thats bloody quick. its already been 6 months for us.

sunny jim was lucky, and obviously his name wasnt jim laden to have passed the vettin so quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sony8391

Hi Folks

Im currently in c14 and following reading the info on consensia website at time of application, I was wondering if anybody out there knew what range of merit numbers (if any) where considered for the HPDS.

Rgds

hpds? wots that or am i dumb

i think 0-250 for non rc
    and 0-6/700 for rc background

dont quote me on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

High Potential Development Scheme (me thinks)

I opted out of it on the application form.

Advertisement