Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

Guys dont give up got the call today soooooooooo unexpected start on the 3rd aug lets hope there are a few more calls going out in the next week.fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dyson77

congrats lee, i'm waiting on the call myself,i had kinda giving up on this intake,but maybe there's still hope yet,whats your background and approx merit number...? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Brilliant news Lee! Congratulations sooooooooooooo chuffed for you. I'm sure it was unexpected as everything has been so quiet but what a class way kick off the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

well done lee!
    Right now I'd love to be you! :P

Just a quick question.
    Anyone know when the last c13 intake is and do the c14 ones start straight after?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

well done lee!
    Right now I'd love to be you! :P

Just a quick question.
    Anyone know when the last c13 intake is and do the c14 ones start straight after?
    Thanks

I remember reading in the 'old' forum, that if your application process for C13 takes two years, it takes two years, and they will hold a place for you. It wouldn't be fair if your vetting took two years (for example) and all 440 slots for the campaign were filled :confused:

I'll try 'n' find the post for you. Stop you worrying a bit, eh?:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

doug-26 wrote: »
    I remember reading in the 'old' forum, that if your application process for C13 takes two years, it takes two years, and they will hold a place for you. It wouldn't be fair if your vetting took two years (for example) and all 440 slots for the campaign were filled :confused:

I'll try 'n' find the post for you. Stop you worrying a bit, eh?:P

haha thanks!!
    I'm not worrying! I didn't go in for C13, I'm just chomping at the bit waiting for C14! I do need to stop thinking about this so much!

Anyone else got any word. I hate my phone :( wish it would ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hols82

well guys havent been on for a while trying to put it to the back of my mind waiting on these calls was making me go crazy!

just remembered the calls for sept intake should be starting end of next week aaahhhhhh GOOD LUCK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

phone rang earlier with an unknown number. i answered and some man said "Hello is that Mr ******" and then it cut off!!!

More than likely some call centre rubbish but god my heart jumped a bit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

conor123 wrote: »
    phone rang earlier with an unknown number. i answered and some man said "Hello is that Mr ******" and then it cut off!!!

More than likely some call centre rubbish but god my heart jumped a bit:D

Happened me as well last month got a withheld number and my heart went from 60 bpm -200 in about one second.:D:D

Hopefully this is the month for us

any other news anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

ppl looks like the earlist intake for me should i be succesful with my merit number will have to be october, earliest private opionion i could get for my knee was the 12th of august, slightly disheartened i couldnt get one sooner but what can you do!! good luck to gcbc,hgvwannbe, conor123 and cnt member who else is waiting but good luck to all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 egwene

does anyone know if the intake after the august one will be at the start or end of september?

7th of September

So when are these phone calls meant to be going out? Is it this week coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

So when are these phone calls meant to be going out? Is it this week coming?

would love to get the call this week coming. i have my AC the week after and would be great not to have to do it again:D

We are pretty much in same position with C13, I have a real bad feeling about it, think we will be waiting until the very last call and will probably miss that one too. At least you got this next campaign to fall back on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

We are pretty much in same position with C13, I have a real bad feeling about it, think we will be waiting until the very last call and will probably miss that one too. At least you got this next campaign to fall back on

You told me to stay positive so I'm returning the favour - keep the faith bro!!!:D We're all rooting for you!

does anyone know for sure when the calls are going out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 frank1

hello all

my first post ever.

I'm in the waiting room from c13. I'm under 300 in the merit pool and P religion. Anyone think I may have a chance of getting in?

Whats everyone else in the merit pool/religious backgrounds?

Think the september calls should be next week/the week after.

Frank i would say you are in with a pretty good chance. 220 Protestants being taken in.

Obviously the top 220 on the list are not all protestants, so you seem to be in a good position.

im quite a bit lower than you, although i am from Rc background so that might make a difference when it comes down to 50/50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 egwene

still no sign of these phone calls then?

egwene wrote: »
    still no sign of these phone calls then?

Not for me. I thought someone on here said it would be this week. It might be next week.

Not for me. I thought someone on here said it would be this week. It might be next week.

Most likely next week as intake is 7th Sept.

I hope I get the call soon. I counted them to be starting next week or something...wish it was today.

Its a pain in the ass meathstevie

Can I ask you what your merit number/religious background is?

Maybe others who are waiting could also put their's up to see where recruitment are at the moment in the merit list? This should give us an indication of when and if we get the call.

I'm from P background and am just below 300

frank1 wrote: »

Maybe others who are waiting could also put their's up to see where recruitment are at the moment in the merit list? This should give us an indication of when and if we get the call.

Thats a fair enough placing Frank1 - there are still a few intakes of C13 to go. I take it your Vetting and med is complete?

Practice that patience.

Even tho it sucks. Big Style.

yup, did the medical in april and passed and also passed the vetting. Got the vetting forms through today for c14 and i rang up to see if i had to fill them in again - and surprise surprise, i do - even tho i am already cleared! The 2nd wait continues... i hate it!

frank1 wrote: »

Don't really know if it will give indication because I think people with higher merit numbers have got in earlier. Somebody said it to do with your UID as well.

I dont see what it has to do with your UID. thats just a random number you are given to indentify you. I would of thought they take people in based on other factors and not that.

• Advertisement

As its nearly 5 weeks til the next intake for the September squad, just wanted to wish everyone in the waiting room goodluck for any phone calls they may be about to receive this coming week/the week after:)

Advertisement