Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Was just thinking about this today.

You know the way that sometimes ya move house or move school and it's an awkward feeling with new neighbours or school chums etc. Well I really think this board will stand us well. I mean we all sort of know each other now and I think it will make things a lot easier once in G'ville. Settling down will be a lot easier what with being away from friends and family for a while.

This board has def been a life saver

Well I hope this makes some peeps happy.
    Just off the phone with head of appointments and she clarified that she is only doing the august contracts now and it is not filled up yet.

Gives us all some hope eh?

Guys and gals

Just got word
    I start on August 3rd ..............yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee O my god the relief I am over the flaming moon. Appointments just rang and confirmed all the stuff with me, I took goosebumps all over lol.
    Good luck to the rest of you peeps - I am now moving into the next room ...........O my god I am still in shock.....over the moon.....Can't wait .
    Cheers peeps for everything, Hope the rest of you get good news.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Guys and gals

Just got word
    I start on August 3rd ..............yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee O my god the relief I am over the flaming moon. Appointments just rang and confirmed all the stuff with me, I took goosebumps all over lol.
    Good luck to the rest of you peeps - I am now moving into the next room ...........O my god I am still in shock.....over the moon.....Can't wait .

Alan

Alan well done mate, really pleased for you. See you in the next room (I'm In!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

JVB wrote: »
    Alan well done mate, really pleased for you. See you in the next room (I'm In!) ;)

Oh alright boys, rub it in why dontcha?!!!!

Well done ya'll, seriously:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

doug-26 wrote: »
    Best of luck to all you waiting on a start date, this week may be your week ;)

To help you pass the time:p, have a wee look at this. It's a report from the bbc I found when I was surfing, it shows in and around the training college!

Just watched that wee clip you gave the link to Doug - how GRIM do the rooms in Hotel Garnerville look??!!!! Thank God its only 4 weeks!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Just watched that wee clip you gave the link to Doug - how GRIM do the rooms in Hotel Garnerville look??!!!! Thank God its only 4 weeks!!!!:eek:
    Thats what I was thinking, MrsGH!! Its sooo small, I was expecting it to be at least a wee bit bigger! Just goes to show you. It ain't no five star hotel :)

Congratulations to Alan as well, quite a short wait between his medical and appointment call. Hope its that short for the rest of us when we get around to that stage :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Well done Alan, you sound like the happiest person to get the call so far, I would probably be the same.

They really wasted no time in getting you the call, what a shock it must have been so soon.

Good to hear they haven't filled up yet, you should of asked when they expect to have them all done. (Joking) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pedro552

Guys and gals

Just got word

Alan

Well done alan, thats brilliant news.. im still waiting, i might ring them tomorrow...
    well done again..
    best of luck

and psni, great work with the seperate rooms.. ingenious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hols82

congrats alan really chuffed for you

:D:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Jeez you're right! I bet even the cockroaches wear hard hats :D Ah well, it's a means to an end!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

See you guys in the next room. Got the call today also.
    Congratulations to all who have the call so far and best of luck to the rest of the guys......

wanalaugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭soozb82

Nyone else given up on August??? Or just me??!!!

I have given up on it. September maybe?

I was tempted to ring recruitment and just openly ask what intake they reckon I will be be in, if any, wonder what the answer would be? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭soozb82

Interesting idea, let me know how that goes for you! ;)

I don't want to phone, I am living in blissful (obviously not) ignorance! The only thing I don't know about is my vetting, and it has been away since December, and I'm from the North!! Scared to phone incase they tell me some close relative is a blazing criminal and I never knew about it!!

I'm losing faith, I don't know how people are expected to feel the same desire for a job when it takes the best part of 18 months (so far!) to get results! Waiting is sucking the life blood out of me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tom360

gcbc theres not much point in phoning them to ask for a start date as i tried that earlier and although they confirmed that i had passed my medical and vetting they said that they could'nt give out start dates. its pretty frustrating but what can you do! Anyway big congratulations to all those that have got the call up for august especially those who have been trying to get in this last 5-6 years - the rest of us only think we are being patient.

When did you pass medical and what was your merit score?

So take it you are not getting called for August since she wouldn't tell you?

Eventually passed medical about 2 months ago after an appeal. merit score under 500 and im from a RC background so am hopeful this will be good enough to get in.

As for getting in for august, i very much doubt it. got to think that it would'nt take more than a few days for recruitment to call 50 odd people, although i would be more than happy to be proved wrong with this assumption.

Well from what people have said it takes a bit of time to get through everyone for the intake.

I dont understand this process at all, you are under 500 and RC and a guy was 750+ and was offered training in March, how does this work out? :confused:

anyways, i think you have a pretty good chance of getting a call yet, keep ticking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Well from what people have said it takes a bit of time to get through everyone for the intake.

I dont understand this process at all, you are under 500 and RC and a guy was 750+ and was offered training in March, how does this work out? :confused:

anyways, i think you have a pretty good chance of getting a call yet, keep ticking!

i was thinking about that too gcbc, its a strange system!! alan is another example..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

me too, I'm lower than 700's, RC don't know how it works. Maybe other things must be taken into consideration? Just got my fingers and toes crossed now. Would love to get the call. Just went swimming for the firsst time with my new eyes as part of training. It is great. :D

Makepeace you must be frustrated knowing people with higher numbers have got in and you are still waiting for the call.... I kind of expect to get it very late or else not at all, with your number you should be in for sure.

oh interesting point i read reading through old posts was that apparently campaign 13 is to recruit more than 440 people, dont know if theres any truth to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Makepeace you must be frustrated knowing people with higher numbers have got in and you are still waiting for the call.... I kind of expect to get it very late or else not at all, with your number you should be in for sure.

oh interesting point i read reading through old posts was that apparently campaign 13 is to recruit more than 440 people, dont know if theres any truth to it

i heard that to gcbc, that they were aiming to start a higher number than that, was talking to a relative of a serving police officer and was told that theyre very overstretched and depending on new recruits succesfully completing training!!

hopefully this is the case as it would work to our favour!

just got word today that im getting in for August. Was more than a little surprised but none the less delighted. Feels like a massive weight has been lifted of my shoulders.

Anyway all those that are already in, i look forward to meeting you and all those who are still waiting, i hope yous get the call soon.

Now all thats left is to go out on the town on the ultimate p*** up and hopefully not get arrested lol

tom360 wrote: »
    just got word today that im getting in for August. Was more than a little surprised but none the less delighted. Feels like a massive weight has been lifted of my shoulders.

Anyway all those that are already in, i look forward to meeting you and all those who are still waiting, i hope yous get the call soon.

Now all thats left is to go out on the town on the ultimate p*** up and hopefully not get arrested lol

Brilliant news lad, I would be on the tear straight away if i was in your shoes, so have a good one but like you say, dont get arrested :D

Anyone else got good news, or know if all calls have now went out, I cant be bothered watching the phone all next week again too if its for nothing. :(

cheers gcbc. Really hope you get word soon.
    Last post of the day. im away to get my going out kit on and then from tomorrow i'll have to start getting myself into some shape.

You make me sick, Hope you are melting with a hangover in the morning ;)

tom360 wrote: »
    cheers gcbc. Really hope you get word soon.
    Last post of the day. im away to get my going out kit on and then from tomorrow i'll have to start getting myself into some shape.

Well done Tom360

Look forward to seeing you at SRN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

people's uid's are group together that's all it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

people's uid's are group together that's all it is

Advertisement