Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Had medical today. Doctor showed some concern with my BMI. Mine worked out at 34. She said the CMO would need to decide the outcome.

Anyone else with a high BMI pass?

Any info appreciated. :-)

Not had medical yet. Still a few weeks away. Can I ask what your AC score was?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Not had medical yet. Still a few weeks away. Can I ask what your AC score was?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I know they look at BMI but if you passed the PCA you're obviously fit, in the old days if a candidate had a BMI of over 30 they were put through the PCA and had to pass to get through to GV. Obv everyone does it now, but if argue you are fit, you proved it and you will continue to do so if you get in. Obv if you're well built argue muscle weighs more than fat etc. No experience and this is stuff you prob know but don't let it get to you, doubt you're outta the running!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

.S. wrote: »
    I know they look at BMI but if you passed the PCA you're obviously fit, in the old days if a candidate had a BMI of over 30 they were put through the PCA and had to pass to get through to GV. Obv everyone does it now, but if argue you are fit, you proved it and you will continue to do so if you get in. Obv if you're well built argue muscle weighs more than fat etc. No experience and this is stuff you prob know but don't let it get to you, doubt you're outta the running!

Cheers S, the Doctor was nice enough but pretty much said it wasnt upto her. So i suppose time will tell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Quick question.

I have a lazy eye in my right eye. My left eye has excellent vision making up for it.

Will this affect the medical eyesight test?

Any advice \ help is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭alwayshungry

JtmC wrote: »
    Quick question.

I have a lazy eye in my right eye. My left eye has excellent vision making up for it.

Will this affect the medical eyesight test?

Any advice \ help is appreciated.

What's your vision like in your right eye? You will have to cover your left eye and use your right eye to call out the letters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

What's your vision like in your right eye? You will have to cover your left eye and use your right eye to call out the letters

My eyesight in my right eye is fine in periphial and seeing things however it is very difficult to recognise letters unless they are large. At most I would probabally read two lines at the opticians.

Never wore my patch as a child.

I see it says

Binocular vision 6/6 aided or unaided (if visual aids are used must have 6/12 or better in best eye)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Anyone able to shed some light on something for me?

On the medical forms, it asks for number of days absent from work in the last 3 years and the specific dates.

Is this all days absent or ones where a visit to the doctor was required? Because to be honest I haven't a clue what dates I have been sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Only when a visit to the doctor was required I assumed,would be a bit unreasonable to expect someone to remember a solitary day they took off 2 years ago!

Only when a visit to the doctor was required I assumed,would be a bit unreasonable to expect someone to remember a solitary day they took off 2 years ago!

That's what's thought, hopefully it is a doctor's visit because I haven't had any and it will make filling out the forms a quick job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Your work will have a record of your sick days and dates. Ask your HR/Payroll dept

Mop a top wrote: »
    Your work will have a record of your sick days and dates. Ask your HR/Payroll dept

Thank you, I think I'll email them tonight, hopefully they'll be nice enough to get back to me next week.

Is there an email address or phone number available for OHW?

Cromlech wrote: »

There's nothing on the PCA invite sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 39 loggingfolk

Telephone 02890700718

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

Medical and drugs test date came this morning!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

PCDiddley wrote: »

Have you had your PCA?

Nice one, is it far away? Hopefully mine will arrive today as well then :)

CDizzle wrote: »
    Have you had your PCA?

Yep PCA done last Thurs!
    Nice one, is it far away? Hopefully mine will arrive today as well then :)

Im sure yours will, about 3 weeks! :)

My PCA was last wednesday, should hopefully get a medical date soon then!

• Advertisement

CDizzle wrote: »
    My PCA was last wednesday, should hopefully get a medical date soon then!

Apologies, mine was Wednesday also.. got my days mixed up! lol Yea yours will come very soon, would be surprised if it dosent come today!

Apologies, mine was Wednesday also.. got my days mixed up! lol Yea yours will come very soon, would be surprised if it dosent come today!

Were you am or pm session? Also, have you got the medical questionnaire they give to people who pass the PCa completed yet? I'm still waiting on my doctor completing his part.

I was PM session, was the second person to do my PCA! Yea i have it all filled out and ready to go, doctor has done his part also!

Got medical date aswell. Can't get here soon enough.

I'm sure it's been covered already but I'm on my phone and couldn't be annoyed scrolling through previous posts. What is the dress code for medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 loggingfolk

I'm sure it's been covered already but I'm on my phone and couldn't be annoyed scrolling through previous posts. What is the dress code for medical?

Fitness gear, shorts t-shirts tracksuits etc. You can change in there if required.

It says on the letter that you should be dressed so that you can easily strip down to your undergarments! I would imagine shorts and tshirt, something similar to PCA as they apparently text flexibility and stuff!

Wear sports stuff. He makes you go squats, hop from one side of the room to the other. Then strip off to your undies so he can listen to heart lungs feel abdomen twist joints. Everyone arrived in sports stuff at mine.

Thanks everyone, I didn't want to be that person turning up overdressed.

• Advertisement

Got my medical date as well, things seem to be moving a lot quicker now!

Advertisement