Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Mop a top wrote: »
    They'll make you remove them and test your eyesight with and without. Probably easier if you just wear your glasses

Good point. Suppose what I'm really asking is if they'll want to test both glasses and corrective lenses seperatley? Or would just wearing glasses or lenses be OK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I don't have lenses and I'm rather lazy and wear my glasses all the time. I'm trying to think if she asked if I had lenses or not. Tbh I don't think they'd need to test both as they should have the same prescription or am I being a muppet lol. I'd probably wear the glasses and take the lenses just in case. Easier taking the glasses on and off but you'll have the lenses with you if they want to test your eyesight with them on too. Hope that makes sense lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

I imagine they test both seperately, just ask you to take off your glasses. I am looking into lazer eye as I have recently had mine tested and have been told I would FAIL the eye standards, anyone else in a similar boat?

I would suggest if you are on the fence regarding your eye strength go and get them tested, best to know where you stand black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Hi guys

Just quickly wanted to ask how long generally do people wait between doing pca and medicals. Recently passed pca so just trying to get an idea when next stage is likely to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Hi guys

Just quickly wanted to ask how long generally do people wait between doing pca and medicals. Recently passed pca so just trying to get an idea when next stage is likely to be?

I think you were supposed to pass your medical before Transfer Deadline Day mate! No wonder Josè has been starting Costa!!

#HesGonnaBeBetterThanYou!

• Advertisement

Haha properly loled at that. Didier himself would nail that pca he spent years practising his crawling around on the floor!

Haha properly loled at that. Didier himself would nail that pca he spent years practising his crawling around on the floor!

:D

PCA>Med can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months! You should get word soon enough chum

Alrite cool,cheers mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GC654

Anyone who did there medical last week,hear anything about smt yet?

GC654 wrote: »
    Anyone who did there medical last week,hear anything about smt yet?

You don't hear back from SMT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Passed PCA last week and still waiting on date for the medical. Starting to get a bit anxious now though with calls already going out for intake 6 and I'm thinking there is another batch in the pipeline before me. Have done the rough figures and with current number already in and add approx 40 - 45 for each subsequent intake then full quota (378) will be a maximum of 8 intakes which I think will take me right down to the wire. Still have to take into account any people who have passed everything and deferred. Was on a high last week but now really not sure. Will be a tough few months!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

There hasn't been 40-45 per intake. First one was low 30's.

Should be around 10 intakes or so.

My medical date came around a fortnight after PCA I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I suppose I will never be able to explain the 24 phantom recruits but no point getting into that without maybe saying something I shouldn’t. All in all I suppose the Chief Constable's report gives me a reason to be slightly more upbeat about the chances then. My maths shows there would be a full complement after 10 intakes which would take it right up to the last Sunday of the financial year (if each intake is 5 weeks apart) which would be almost too perfect and surprisingly hard to believe!

You must have got your info from the same source that told you 10 people were thrown out over failing the SMT? :P

If i were you, i wouldn't believe anything that he/she has to say again! :D

Not the same source but wont get into it. The one about the SMT was from a serving officer with a friend in the first squad...heard it since from a few others but the numbers change everytime. I could speculate that if that rumour was true then at least some of the phantom 24 could be accounted for because they won't be on the official CCs report because they wont be getting in (i heard that a group was fastracked through to make up the numbers) but they will still be listed where i got my info because they haven't actually been sacked yet pending PSD investigation and appeals. (Actually the more I think about that I think I might have cracked it. I would expect to be making detective pretty quick at this rate) All speculation of course and really just some fodder to tide me over while I wait so impatiently to hear something more about my own prospects.

trolllllllllllllllllllll

:)

The truth is out there!! I am not getting at anyone personally, easy on. Maybe I should start a rumour and conspiracy thread. Maybe a more appropriate place for that type of discussion. I think everyone on here needs to take what's being said with a pinch of salt anyway but I am sure you all know that. Thanks DesertCreat for the link. ;-)

Dr_watson wrote: »
    The truth is out there!! I am not getting at anyone personally, easy on. Maybe I should start a rumour and conspiracy thread. Maybe a more appropriate place for that type of discussion. I think everyone on here needs to take what's being said with a pinch of salt anyway but I am sure you all know that. Thanks DesertCreat for the link. ;-)

Aye matey, a pinch - or a bag... :)

• Advertisement

Tim89 wrote: »
    :)

lol...personally I prefer a zinc-manganese alloy in a bilayered hexagonal array

• Registered Users Posts: 11 puggy33

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone can shed a little light on this situation. I had my medical almost 4 weeks ago and passed everything with flying colours. However, I had declared that I suffered a back injury (industrial injury) twice and the doctor in OHW gave me a letter asking for further information from my GP regarding this. The GP happily gave me a typed letter explaining it was muscular at the time and no long term damage had occurred and I was currently playing rugby etc etc (which I assume is what they were looking to hear) and I sent it back to OHW. I haven't heard anything back from them yet and was just wondering how long anybody else had to wait on hearing back if they had a similar scenario to this? It's been approx ten days since I sent it back to OHW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'd give them a ring and enquire. No harm asking

Anyone from the current online learning group got a date for medical yet?

Ha literally got mine through the door 10 minutes after you posted this!

Yeah same,only concern is that I was told a few months ago by a trainer in GV there would be 9 intakes. Given the guys on intake 6 mainly seem to have scored 67 at AC it would leave quite a few still waiting before getting to the delay batch,think it could be tight for spaces by that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 loggingfolk

Some of you may remember myself posting about the result of my medical and the fact that I was deemed unsuitable for the role due to hearing loss in my left ear. I sent in a notification of appeal and a few days later sent everything I could get my hands on with regard to hearing tests and doctors reports form the last few years. There was a letter waiting for me today to say my appeal was successful and I am back on track. Ye ha. Now for "stage 4.5"

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Excellent, great news, pleased for ya!

Well done!

Did you not provide evidence for the day of your medical, no? Lucky they accepted it the 2nd time round! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Had medical today. Doctor showed some concern with my BMI. Mine worked out at 34. She said the CMO would need to decide the outcome.

Anyone else with a high BMI pass?

Any info appreciated. :-)

Advertisement