Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

DaveNi wrote: »
    Happy days! When was your pca?

Is the medical soon?

Yesterday morning, presume same as yourself?

Not even two weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Sthm wrote: »
    Yesterday morning, presume same as yourself?

Not even two weeks away.

Mine was on Tueday, hopefully have post when i get home!

DaveNi wrote: »
    Mine was on Tueday, hopefully have post when i get home!

Sorry, meant Tuesday. Head's away today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Sorry, meant Tuesday. Head's away today.

I have my medical date. Talk about a quick turn around time. I'm surprised at the location, however not unfamiliar territory!

Must get the day booked off asap.

When I read your post I had a good feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Passed pca last week back to waiting on the postman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Forms through this morning!

Medical all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Medical all done.

Snap,

Hopefully not long to wait.

Still no date for medical yet. Was hoping to have it done before xmas.

Never mind just got it in the post

• Advertisement

Nice welcome surprise! You before Christmas?

Nice welcome surprise! You before Christmas?

Between christmas and new year

Nice one. All moving nice and quick now compared to the lengthy waiting earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Nice one. All moving nice and quick now compared to the lengthy waiting earlier in the year.

It all moves at a fair pace after PCA I think it was just over a month from passing PCA to passing everything else and being at the wait stage (for me Anyway).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

monty46 wrote: »
    Never mind just got it in the post

Youre making me eager to get home to check if there is any post. I called home a couple of hours ago but the postie hadnt been round yet. Fingers crossed.

Obviously if all goes well a few of us here should hopefully be in the next batch. Cant stop smiling in work at the thought of getting in!

Goodluck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

After a stressful 8 weeks i can confirm Im now medically fit!! :-)

Iv a vetting query at the min so fingers crossed things should move quickly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Great news! Did you get your bmi down or did they just ok you at appeal? Hopefully your vetting comes through too!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

.S. wrote: »
    Great news! Did you get your bmi down or did they just ok you at appeal? Hopefully your vetting comes through too!

Hi mate,

I shifted over 10kgs. So a bit of hard work paid off thankfully :-)

Yeah id love to get vetting sorted before next calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Good work, good luck for the rest of the process

Anyone who sat their medical earlier in the week received their results letter yet? Haven't yet received mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 200WattWarlock

Anyone who sat their medical earlier in the week received their results letter yet? Haven't yet received mine.

I had my medical a few months ago, but the result was through my door in about 3-4 working days. Don't forget that you're in the middle of X-Mas post as well, so don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Is the BMI a strict by the letter limit or do they seem prepared to take other factors into account e.g. body fat %?
    Would be nice to hear from anyone who has been through the experience and was worried about it even if its in a PM :)

Thanks,

The BMI mentioned in the letters seems redundant, as it would appear that the letters where drafted when the PCA was part of the GV training, and not before.

Not having a BMI in the range to be worried about, I can't judge, and no-one mentioned BMI to me on the PCA; however, if you can drag yourself around the PCA course in the time allotted, and do the push-pull then you pass.

They may well have words when you start your intake; I assume I scraped by and will be doing laps when not memorising definitions.

I'd guess that the GV Hotel will trim you up after intake, assuming you pass the medical.

Personally, I'm glad they do the PCA before starting now, as giving up jobs and other careers for multi-week training to find you can't run around an assault course is just a waste of everyone's time, money and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

PM MD4PSNI, he had failed his medical on BMI originally.

PM MD4PSNI, he had failed his medical on BMI originally.

Ahh I see it's the not the PCA that was the problem. Now I'm curious to know why the BMI is even considered after you have passed the PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Ahh I see it's the not the PCA that was the problem. Now I'm curious to know why the BMI is even considered after you have passed the PCA.

Yeah you would think it would be the other way around, I think it has something to do with pensions and likelihood of taking sick leave etc

Done medical yesterday morning and got pass letter in post this morning... Quick turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Youdontknowme6

Done medical yesterday morning and got pass letter in post this morning... Quick turnaround.

Congratulations. Can you shed some light on any eye exam they do? I wear glasses for reading which shouldn't be a problem never know tho.

Few here have mentioned BMI are they overly concerned with it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

I was with you. My apt was at 9, I had the green jacket and multi-coloured bag.

I'm amazed we've got word literally the next day.

I was worried about the hearing test (I'm a fan of loud music and concerts), it was disorientating, but everything has went well thankfully.
    Literally just finished the online learning an hour ago so there isn't anything more I can do.

Now it's just a case of waiting on vetting to clear.
    I emailed them in November to ask if it was finalised but they said it hadn't yet.
    I might fire of another email in the new year for an update.
    Other than that I'm sitting on an AC score of 62.4 (not that the .4 matters according to some)

The online learning really makes you want it more with all the talk of how to act and what will be expected of you when you're in the role!

So best of luck to everyone still in the process and for those in the 2nd campaign I hope you all have a happy new year and that 2015 brings you what you want.

• Advertisement

Yeah i was the same been working in a bar with disco and live music the last 5 years and was worried that would affect it. Think il send off an email next week see how the vetting is

Advertisement