Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Probably sweetie x

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Passed medical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Tim89 wrote: »
    Passed medical :)

Good man!!!!!

So only Online Learning to complete and thats you?

Im sure your over the moon lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

When do you get access to online learning? How long after the PCA?

CDizzle wrote: »
    When do you get access to online learning? How long after the PCA?

About a week roughly.

• Advertisement

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Good man!!!!!

So only Online Learning to complete and thats you?

Im sure your over the moon lad?

Chuffed to fu*k bro!

Yeah complete this online bumf and I'm in limbo ... Wonder how long I should leave it til I phone and find out bout vetting now!!

Anyone else get letters the day!? KT!?!

Chuffed to fu*k bro!

Yeah complete this online bumf and I'm in limbo ... Wonder how long I should leave it til I phone and find out bout vetting now!!

Id ring now, just to see :-)

Im itching to ring them but i know what they will say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KT0903

Chuffed to fu*k bro!

Had to phone home there. Letter recieved & medical passed! Woohoo.

Congrats on the pass Tim!

KT0903 wrote: »
    Had to phone home there. Letter recieved & medical passed! Woohoo.

Congrats on the pass Tim!

You too !!

Im taking bets on us being in the next intake - 999999999999/1 ... Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

My post doesn't arrive till the afternoon. Keep texting home to see lol

• Advertisement

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Id ring now, just to see :-)

Im itching to ring them but i know what they will say lol

Haha I can hardly ring now can I????

My post doesn't arrive till the afternoon. Keep texting home to see lol

Haha, I was like a bad nightmare for the postie this morning I was only out of the shower and saw him walking down the road so was waiting there half naked at the door for him lol ...

Practically tore the lads arm off

Haha I can hardly ring now can I????

I think so, sure wats the worst they can say?? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 loggingfolk

I had my medical last week and unfortunately I've found myself with an unexpected problem. I failed my hearing test in one ear. I consider my hearing to be pretty normal apart from my tinnitus. I have a permanent ringing tone in my left ear which is very similar to the tones used in the hearing test. Only problem is the ringing in my ear drowns out the beeps. I received my failure notice yesterday and have th opportunity to appeal the decision but in unsure what i can say or do to convince OHW that im not deaf. I remember reading somewhere that hearing loss in one ear wouldn't necessarily rule you out.

I had my medical last week and unfortunately I've found myself with an unexpected problem. I failed my hearing test in one ear. I consider my hearing to be pretty normal apart from my tinnitus. I have a permanent ringing tone in my left ear which is very similar to the tones used in the hearing test. Only problem is the ringing in my ear drowns out the beeps. I received my failure notice yesterday and have th opportunity to appeal the decision but in unsure what i can say or do to convince OHW that im not deaf. I remember reading somewhere that hearing loss in one ear wouldn't necessarily rule you out.

are you able to maybe contact your doctor for other types of tests they can do to test your hearing? and then if they can get them to send in evidence from those tests? hopefully someone on here will have a bit more knowledge than me :) good luck with your appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Do they do the sight test there and then or do you provide letters etc from your optician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Suzuka wrote: »
    Do they do the sight test there and then or do you provide letters etc from your optician?

There and then

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Does your hair need to be of a certain length for the drugs test? Just working out whether to get scalped today :-)

Does your hair need to be of a certain length for the drugs test? Just working out whether to get scalped today :-)

Don't do it!!!!! Preferably 3-5cm. The dr a and I had a right laugh about girls being ok as we generally have longer hair but he's had to take it from legs/chest/armpit/other areas lmfao from guys with short hair and they need quite a chunk of it too. I cringed when I seen how much he took off my head

My hair grows like mad. Il get mine chopped next week, medical end of Sept :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

He's gonna have to take it from my pits, nipples or from the deep south. I never have long enough hair on my head!

Pmsl!!! The Dr was telling me a story about a time he was doing RDT's in a station and a girl was called in he seen this beautiful long hair all pinned up neatly and thought happy days. Turned out it was acting and she was bald. Can't remember who he said suggested the Deep South as DC put it but he said she just whipped off the trousers as that's the only place she had hair. I was pmsl at him telling me this and being thankful my hair was to my shoulders lol.

Lol It'll be touch and go for my hair at the minute. Mine is this week

Lol it's time like this when I love being a girl. Good luck and don't panic, he's quite good and doesn't leave you looking scalped

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GC654

Lol does it have to come from the top of your head? I'm going abit thin lol

With girls he lifts up your hair and takes it from underneath. He'll take it where he can get it from without doing too much damage lol.

Mop a top wrote: »
    With girls he lifts up your hair and takes it from underneath. He'll take it where he can get it from without doing too much damage lol.

Ha I went to the hairdressers the day after and the hairdresser twigged straight away someone had been cutting my hair! Lol! I thought he was cutting right close into my head but supposedly I was left with short bits of hair!

Just reading the medical stuff more closely. Would you need to provide additional evidence of a minor neck injury 4 years ago? The doc stated resolved quickly etc on the forms.

Just reading the medical stuff more closely. Would you need to provide additional evidence of a minor neck injury 4 years ago? The doc stated resolved quickly etc on the forms.

Did you go to physio or hospital for it? If so I would take discharge letters etc. If not, as long as doctor has stated it resolved quickly maybe put how you got the injury etc. The more information the better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Guys I wear glasses and have heard you need to take them off for the eye test, is this true? I would be worried as without them I am BLIND!!!

Advertisement