Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

altor i pm you details tanx

That worked no problem. When it says line carrier I assume it is the line you are using to connect to the panel that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

ok how do i fix that my laptop is connected to the router inturn to the line where i am now its an eircom line same as eircom line where panal is

ok how do i fix that my laptop is connected to the router inturn to the line where i am now its an eircom line same as eircom line where panal is

You cant use the same line to connect, is this what you are doing?
    If the alarm has being given priority it will seize the line from all other devices connected after it.

i dont know altor i tried changing the modem ports and the only one works is 3 but am still not getting connected. its very weird

hi altor soory to keep bothering u. if its the line at sl7 side could i just use another internet connection to see will it work?

• Advertisement

hi altor soory to keep bothering u. if its the line at sl7 side could i just use another internet connection to see will it work?

I dialed in with no problems so it is more than likely a setting on the computer your using rather than the line itself Sean. Can you check in the control panel what port the modem is using?

thanks altor yes i checked on the computer and port 3 the modem is using. i must be missing something small as i tried from a different computer and network after installing sl7 on this desktop and still cannot get a connection. must be just a simple setting with the pc. might give hkc a call tomorrow

thanks altor yes i checked on the computer and port 3 the modem is using. i must be missing something small as i tried from a different computer and network after installing sl7 on this desktop and still cannot get a connection. must be just a simple setting with the pc. might give hkc a call tomorrow

Strange, we went through the only settings that need to be changed to allow the remote access. Hopefully HKC will see something we might of missed.
    Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hi all,

Have a HKC alarm (pic attached). The smoke alarm was set off this evening (by smoke from a neighboring apartment) and I was able to enter the code and knock off the alarm.

A message is now displaying on the keypad (z8 smoke corridor) and I can't get rid of it....also, the little red led on the smoke alarm is lit constantly....worried in case there is another alarm that it won't go off????

appreciate any help you can give. thanks!

keith16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have a HKC alarm (pic attached). The smoke alarm was set off this evening (by smoke from a neighboring apartment) and I was able to enter the code and knock off the alarm.

A message is now displaying on the keypad (z8 smoke corridor) and I can't get rid of it....also, the little red led on the smoke alarm is lit constantly....worried in case there is another alarm that it won't go off????

appreciate any help you can give. thanks!

The smoke alarm has not cleared on the alarm. I would suggest getting a qualified engineer to have a look at it as there may be an issue with the smoke detector.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    The smoke alarm has not cleared on the alarm. I would suggest getting a qualified engineer to have a look at it as there may be an issue with the smoke detector.

Thanks altor, I should have also mentioned that the alarm went off once prior when the power was cut to our apartment and there is another message flashing since then and I can't get rid of them...will get someone to look at it. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody can help we with an issue I'm having with an HKC SecureWatch Alarm. Basically the alarm is going off intermittently (about once every 3 days). The display always highlights the problem as being the Front Door. On some occasions when I try to reactivate it the display says the Front door is open even when it's not. It appears that I even have a faulty sensor or that the alignment of the sensor is off.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd say replace the device on the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'd say replace the device on the front door.

Is there much involved in that? Is it a matter of removing the area from the system, replace the unit then add it back in?

Thanks altor, I should have also mentioned that the alarm went off once prior when the power was cut to our apartment and there is another message flashing since then and I can't get rid of them...will get someone to look at it. thanks

Your welcome keith1 , it sounds like a low battery. This is used to keep the system going in the event of a power fail. You need a 12v 7 amp replacement. A service of the system if there is a fault with the fire detector is a must by a qualified engineer.

masterK wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody can help we with an issue I'm having with an HKC SecureWatch Alarm. Basically the alarm is going off intermittently (about once every 3 days). The display always highlights the problem as being the Front Door. On some occasions when I try to reactivate it the display says the Front door is open even when it's not. It appears that I even have a faulty sensor or that the alignment of the sensor is off.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

You should test the device with a multi-meter to determine it is the device that's faulty, also check for loose connections in the device. If you suspect the magnet has moved then move the magnet back into line with the reed part of the sensor and test if the zone is closed.
    masterK wrote: »
    Is there much involved in that? Is it a matter of removing the area from the system, replace the unit then add it back in?

If it is the device that is causing the issue then replacing same with same is the easiest option. Just make sure you take a picture of the wiring before disconnecting the cable in the sensor ;) Makes the job a lot easier when you know what was connected where.

Your welcome keith1 , it sounds like a low battery. This is used to keep the system going in the event of a power fail. You need a 12v 7 amp replacement. A service of the system if there is a fault with the fire detector is a must by a qualified engineer.

It could be a low battery allright, do you know if a service costs much? Thanks again.

It could be a low battery allright, do you know if a service costs much? Thanks again.

Shop around is your best bet. A full service with a new battery should cost from €80 up. Any other devices that may need replacing could add more to any cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

I just installed a HKC SW-1070 alarm and all was going well until I opened the external bell cabinet to change the led light settings to flashing and when i started up the system again the tamper ext bell alarm is coming up and not allowing me to set the alarm. I have checked the tamper proof limit switch in the external bell cabinet and when i open it the siren goes off and it will turn off when activated.

Does the system need to be reset a particular way or is there a way to acknowledge the alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

homer1982 wrote: »
    I just installed a HKC SW-1070 alarm and all was going well until I opened the external bell cabinet to change the led light settings to flashing and when i started up the system again the tamper ext bell alarm is coming up and not allowing me to set the alarm. I have checked the tamper proof limit switch in the external bell cabinet and when i open it the siren goes off and it will turn off when activated.

Does the system need to be reset a particular way or is there a way to acknowledge the alarm?

No. If the switch is closing then I'd check if the tamper return cable has come loose, it should be wired into the left side of the resistor with one leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rock Strongo

i thin this may be the right place to get an answer to my question, its probably a simple one!

How do I adjust the sensitivity on my inertia sensors?

Its a HKC securewatch system. sw-1070.

Im an electrician so dont mind opening panel, im just clueless about alarms :confused:

i thin this may be the right place to get an answer to my question, its probably a simple one!

How do I adjust the sensitivity on my inertia sensors?

Its a HKC securewatch system. sw-1070.

Im an electrician so dont mind opening panel, im just clueless about alarms :confused:

In the zone menu, scroll to gross and pulse on the zone. 1 being most sensitive and 9 being lease sensitive. 0 is off

In the zone menu, scroll to gross and pulse on the zone. 1 being most sensitive and 9 being lease sensitive. 0 is off
    great stuff thanks :D

great stuff thanks :D

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Other problems ahoy!

I cant get into the relative menus as the default engineers code (04567) isnt working. The installer has probably changed it hasnt he?

Other problems ahoy!

I cant get into the relative menus as the default engineers code (04567) isnt working. The installer has probably changed it hasnt he?

If the default does not work then he has changed the code.
    You could try a factory default. If the system is not engineer locked it will default to factory settings and can be reprogrammed.

Down power the alarm, mains and battery. Remove JP1 link. power back up on battery with link removed. The keypad should say default. If so press yes and then reprogram the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you try the default method mentioned above?
    Also check all the connections between the panel & the keypad.
    Are there any other keypads on the system? Are there any ID sensors on the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

mickbrod wrote: »
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Did you try the default method mentioned above?
    Also check all the connections between the panel & the keypad.
    Are there any other keypads on the system? Are there any ID sensors on the system?

No I didn't try the default method yet, I'll have to give it a go tomorrow

Only one keypad on the system

I couldn't tell you what an id sensor was

The sensor i took off was on the patio door, it was connected to a shock sensor and a contact sensor. it had a good few wires in it about 3 different sets with 4 in a set.
    If it was an old phone watch system chance are there are point id sensor.comms flt means the panel can't see you of the sensors, probably the one you tried to move.check the 3 wires that are in the sensor.if they are loose reconnect them.if your not sure of the writing open another sensor to see that goes where.

I would have to agree.. I would not default the system either, you will still end up with this cable disconnected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ELEKTOR

I am new to the Forum - Please excuse me if I make mistakes

I have followed with interest the discussion re the Engineering Code.

I have a background in electronics and have installed my own alarm system.

However, I know nothing about the wireless systems.

A near relative has some problems with a systems watch system.

The alarm can not be Set. An error message says that a certain window is open.
    From what I have read here, it appears that a battery may be dead. Not knowing the Engineering Code, would it be possible just to replace the battery with system live? Alternatively would it be ok to depower and remove the backup battery?

Secondly, could someone please explain how smoke alarms are interfaced into the system. Recently, with the alarm "Unset", a faulty smoke detector triggered the Alarm - Is this normal?

As regards the various wireless sensors, how does the control panel know which sensor might be malfunctioning? As regards smoke detectors, what normally causes them to malfunction? - are they normally powered from the main control panel? - I know that they have a 9V battery backup also.

Any information would be most gratefully received!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement