Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can't place him from that sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cal11

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can't place him from that sorry...

Thanks for your help KoolKid, im pulling the house apart looking for the user book if I find anything ill be back on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No bother if you need help defaulting it you know where we are.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Cal11 wrote: »
    Hi i have a HKC Alarm and want to turn on the home alone but i have forgotten the user code i tried 11111 and 123456 and 23456 but it says access denied but i cant leave my bedroom at night or the alarm goes off, can anyone help me please.

The default engineer code is 04567. Just in case it is left at that.

altor wrote: »
    The default engineer code is 04567. Just in case it is left at that.

Thank you Altor, but I dont know how to do any of that so ill have to call someone out, im afraid if I mess with it I wont be able to turn it on, there is a code that says 0 star 1 sms engineers ??? But if I put that in and 04567 will it disarm my alarm and if so I dont know how to fix it, everyone has been very kind and helpful but im lost, ill have to get in the profesionals, thanks again

• Advertisement

Thank you Altor, but I dont know how to do any of that so ill have to call someone out, im afraid if I mess with it I wont be able to turn it on, there is a code that says 0 star 1 sms engineers ??? But if I put that in and 04567 will it disarm my alarm and if so I dont know how to fix it, everyone has been very kind and helpful but im lost, ill have to get in the profesionals, thanks again
    ps I know you are profesionals but I just dont know how to carry out the instuctions

If your not comfortable around it then that's for the best.
    Its a very straightforward job , so make sure you get looked after pricewise.;)

Also don't let them waffle you that it needs to be defaulted by HKC. This adds to the price as HKC charge for this.
    These panels can be easily reset & programmed on site very quickly.

That only relates to if you have a modem fitted to the system. It will have no bearing on unsetting or entering engineer mode. If you enter 04567 and service menu pops up then you are in engineering mode.
    The only problem you would have by not knowing the user code is if you try to default the system and it is engineer locked then the alarm will activate.
    The way around this is to down power the system completely.
    The external bell will ring for 20 minutes but then shut off.
    The HKC system is easy to reprogram so if you did get stuck you will get all the help you need here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johndillon33

hi i fitted 6 PIR's to a HKC panel and on completion of programming aux fuse fault appeared, all the zones were open, i changed the fuse and the zones are closed now and working ok, but aux fuse fault is still appearing on the keypad and the fault light is on how can i get rid of the fault? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Can you post a pic of your wiring at the PIRs .
    Sounds like you're shorting the fuse .

• Advertisement

If the Aux fuse is gone the PiRs should not be working.
    Are you sure they are all working & the lights are coming on when they detect movement?

I think HKC pirs are normally closed and only open with power . If the powers off the zone should show closed

as i was finished the walk test (which worked perfectly), i closed the panel lid and exited engineering mode, ''aux fuse fault'' appeared on the keypad, the alarm system wouldnt set and all the zones where showing up as open, i changed the fuse and tried again, the system is working as it should and the fuse hasnt blown but the fault light is still on the key pad and ''aux fuse fault'' is showing, but the fuse cant be blown or the system wouldnt set, very strange, thanks for your imput its much appreciated

Normal PiRs open if power is removed.
    Are the PiRs LEDs lighting?
    Can you also confirm the PiRs are being powered by the Aux power.
    If all that is good check all the fuses to be sure and power the system down and up again.

Normal PiRs open if power is removed.
    Are the PiRs LEDs lighting?
    Can you also confirm the PiRs are being powered by the Aux power.
    If all that is good check all the fuses to be sure and power the system down and up again.

That would suggest the relay is being constantly powered .
    No the case AFAIK on the HKC .
    I don't even think it has a relay . I think it uses transistors . Il look now

It looks as though this guy is incharge of opening / closing the circuit as it looks to be the only one capable of withstanding the current as these would be used with other panels . This is an educated guess

yes the pir's are lighting and working normal and yes the aux power is powering them, maybe i've too many on the system

yes the pir's are lighting and working normal and yes the aux power is powering them, maybe i've too many on the system

Are they tripping the alarm when set ?
    Have you tried powering down and powering back up the system ?
    6 is fine I think you can have 20

its only an 8 zone panel 6 pir's and 2 panic buttons, no not tripping when set, its working perfect since i changed the fuse, its just the fault light and fault saying aux fuse fault, i'll try powering down the system and power back up and see if the fault clears, thanks

What evolution 1 means is if you set the alarm and walk in front of a PiR will the alarm activate?

I hope he's not right about HKC PiRs staying closed with no power. If so that's a big design flaw or bug...Blowing a fuse would render all PiRs useless..
    Let me know what you find out..

• Advertisement

thanks Koolkid, yes i understand what evolution 1 is asking, the alarm goes off when i walk in front of the beam, the alarm works perfect since i changed the aux fuse, i dont know why it blew, but when i changed it the fault still appeared on the keypad but there was no fault if you know what i mean, i defaulted the panel and reprogrammed the system and the fault cleared, thanks for your help everyone

No problem.
    @ Evolution1
    Can you confirm what your saying about the PiRs closed on no power.
    That's very concerning if true.
    I don't have that many of those installed , thank god.

hi KoolKid,
    I found out the guy who fitted my alarm was Adrian <snip>and he worked for GME Electrical (very nice guy) and he has moved to Australia. is that information any good??

Hi Cal. It doesn't I'm afraid.
    I removed the second part of his name. No need for that much information on a public forum. If you want to ask anyone else please use PM.
    Reckon resetting this panel is your best option..

Sorry about that KoolKid not used to the way Boards.ie works, will be more carful in future
    Thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DRUMMER56

HI COOLKID JUST WONDERING IF I COULD GET SOME ADVICE OFF U

If its about HKC Securewatch continue away on this thread.
    If its not related start a new thread.

No problem.
    @ Evolution1
    Can you confirm what your saying about the PiRs closed on no power.
    That's very concerning if true.
    I don't have that many of those installed , thank god.

They dont work like that.
    They need to be powered up to close the zone.

That's what I thought. Not sure where Evolution was getting his info from here.:confused:
    A PiR staying closed on a loss of power would be a serious bug.

• Advertisement

He must of got mixed up somewhere along the way.
    They defo don't work like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement