Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Arsecati

That's another pint I owe ya! ;)

So going through the Arming Options in System Options, it was a bit confusing, as the navigation isn't as clear as the other options (yes, no, forward, back, etc. doesn't work the same), but with a second mug of tea to clear the head, it appears that the Exit Fault Bell was set at No. So once I figured out that flashing Yes was the way to go, it has all fallen in to place!

I don't want to jinx it, but I have tested it a couple of times now this morning (sorry neighbours, but you should have all gone to work by now anyway!), entering through the door, opening the roller doors and thus setting the alarm via the motion sensor, and each and every time after the set delay - off she goes! :D

So many, many thanks again Koolkid, you've been an absolute legend - hopefully I won't have to annoy you again about it, but I'm pretty damn sure that this time that we have it sussed! (Though I've probably gone and jinxed it again now, haven't I?) ;)

Cheers,

G

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad you got it sorted. Any other problems drop in anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cossagepie

Does anyone have a soft copy of the SW1070 installation guide they can send me please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Pmed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cossagepie

Thanks for that Koolkid.

• Advertisement

Not a bother. If you need any help you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jet007

My aunt is having problems with her alarm. It went off a few nights ago even though it was not activated.
    Again today, when she returned to the house she dis-armed the alarm and 5 mins later it went off.
    Any idea what might be wrong ??

what is displayed on the keypad after you disarmed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Hi, I have a HKC alarm. There was a power cut the other day and although the alarm is not going off the strobe light on the box out the front of the house is flashing. I cannot remember the code to the alarm as we dont use it.

Any ideas on how to disarm the strobe light?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Garzorico wrote: »
    Hi, I have a HKC alarm. There was a power cut the other day and although the alarm is not going off the strobe light on the box out the front of the house is flashing. I cannot remember the code to the alarm as we dont use it.

Any ideas on how to disarm the strobe light?

Cheers

The system is in alarm. You need to put in the user code to turn it off.
    If you don't have the code then you could try a factory default. If the system is not engineer locked it will default.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Garzorico

altor wrote: »
    The system is in alarm. You need to put in the user code to turn it off.
    If you don't have the code then you could try a factory default. If the system is not engineer locked it will default.

someone remembered the pass code. Worked. Cheers.

Garzorico wrote: »
    someone remembered the pass code. Worked. Cheers.

That made the job easier....;)

KoolKid wrote: »
    what is displayed on the keypad after you disarmed it?

It just displays day, date and time and says ready to arm.

When you disarm the alarm after an activation it should display what activated it.:confused:

When you disarm the alarm after an activation it should display what activated it.:confused:

Thanks KoolKid. I will check the next time it happens. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bolster4103

Hi I have the HKC secure watch alarm, I need to change the pass code on it but I don't have the engineers code. The person who installed my alarm has emigrated and the company have closed down. I have tried entering 1111 but this armed my system. I have also entered 4567 which did not have any affect. I also tried opening the panel above the alarm but this triggered it. Is there any number I can enter to acces a default engineer code or is there any code that I can enter that will allow me to change the password. I need to change this ASAP as its a severe security issue. I have attached a picture of the alarm. Any help is really appreciated, thanks

Have you tried a factory default?
    Power down the panel completely and remove the link marked LK1 & power back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bolster4103

Have you tried a factory default?
    Power down the panel completely and remove the link marked LK1 & power back up.

My alarm currently sends a text message to our mobiles when it's triggered. Will this be reset?

You would have to programme up the whole panel from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 delio

The fail to communicate error occurs when the system tries to contact the monitoring station but its not getting the message received kiss off from the station.
    Ill send you a PM re engineer code.

Hi,
    I have this exact problem with my eircom phonewatch alarm, where monitoring has recently been stopped. The DMC FTC fault occurs every few days.
    How do I stop it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

delio wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have this exact problem with my eircom phonewatch alarm, where monitoring has recently been stopped. The DMC FTC fault occurs every few days.
    How do I stop it?

Hi Delio , which system do you have ?
    HKC =!Male voice "system arming system unset"

Ge simon = Male voice ,red lights , Doors + windows on , motions On

Ge simon Xt = Female voice , blue lights , Doors + windows on

Hi Evolution1,

From your description, I have the HKC.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

So your system is wired ?

Do you have your engineer code ?

Is wired.
    But I don't know the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

delio wrote: »
    Is wired.
    But I don't know the engineer code.

I sent you a P.M re the code.

All it is, is the alarm is contacting the monitoring station with a test call.
    If you delete the numbers it will stop this happening.
    If you still have the landline you may also be able to set up the text function to your phone.

Enter your engineer code.
    Scroll to serial port menu, press yes.
    Modem service, press yes.
    Scroll default modem, press yes.

To exit engineering press quit quit quit and you will be prompted to press yes to exit.

If you want to set up the text function:

Enter your engineer code.
    Scroll to serial port menu, press yes.
    Scroll to SMS text menu, press yes.
    Enter your address in site name.
    Enter your phone numbers in text phone numbers.

Any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cal11

Hi i have a HKC Alarm and want to turn on the home alone but i have forgotten the user code i tried 11111 and 123456 and 23456 but it says access denied but i cant leave my bedroom at night or the alarm goes off, can anyone help me please.

Without the user code or the engineer code you would need to default the system.

Thanks KoolKid, thats way over my head ill have to get someone to look at it :(

No worries. If you PM me who installed it I'll see if I can find you an engineer code..

• Advertisement

No worries. If you PM me who installed it I'll see if I can find you an engineer code..

Hi KoolKid his name was Aino and he has moved to us r aussi but I dont know the name of the company? he was from dunlaoghaire its a longshot to think you might know of him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement