Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jay5296

Hi all, forgive me if this has been brought up before ( too many posts to get through)
    Every 3/4 days i get a beep tone coming from my HKC 812 panal, sometimes during the night which is a pain. After inputting my code the tone stops and the panal tells me "DMC FTC". I've downloaded the manual but no info here.
    Any help appreciated?? :o

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have, of did you have monitoring set up on this system?

Thats right koolkid, had eircom monitoring but did not continue this service after the first year. It cost too much!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The FTC is fail to communicate. Do you have enginer access to this system.

Whats the ftc! Haven't tried accessing engineer mode. I guess it would be the default one from the manual 04567?
    It would be great to stop the beeping.

• Advertisement

The fail to communicate error occurs when the system tries to contact the monitoring station but its not getting the message received kiss off from the station.
    Ill send you a PM re engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

jay5296 wrote: »
    had eircom monitoring but did not continue this service after the first year. It cost too much!!

If the system is an 8/12 then it can be programmed to contact your phone by text if your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone.
    Very easy to set up yourself.

Hopefully you did not take P.W up on there chargeable option to delete there numbers from your system. I would also make your insurance company aware of the situation that the system is not monitored anymore.

Where can i find out if i have a 8/12. Can't get into engineering mode at the moment?

Where can i find out if i have a 8/12. Can't get into engineering mode at the moment?
    Open the lid of the panel.If there are 8 zones on board its an 8/12
    If there are 6 its a 6/10

Make sure you turn off the mains first. Also check if there is a plus on modem or if the dialer is in behind the board.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on this sort of thing. I've a tech backround, just never went at alarms. Ok i opened up the panal, i've an 8/12. Set off the tamper and got simailar tone to the ftc dmc tone. Reset using my code. Cannot get into engineer mode, tried your pm message koolkid but to no avail. Im guessing i can't go any further unless i'm in engineering mode:(. Just to confirm, I input this password by pressing 0*1 (sms engineers)!
    I also see i have a plus on modem Altor

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on this sort of thing. I've a tech backround, just never went at alarms. Ok i opened up the panal, i've an 8/12. Set off the tamper and got simailar tone to the ftc dmc tone. Reset using my code. Cannot get into engineer mode, tried your pm message koolkid but to no avail. Im guessing i can't go any further unless i'm in engineering mode:(. Just to confirm, I input this password by pressing 0*1 (sms engineers)!
    I also see i have a plus on modem Altor

I sent you a P.M about the engineer code. The plug on modem will allow you receive texts from the system.

Altor didn't get your PM, but i've just managed to get into eng menu ;)
    What next? I want to get rid of that dmc ftc error, and if possible could you tell me how to set up monitoring to my own phone?
    Sorry just got your PM

Hi Jay,
    we're getting there. Glad you got sorted with the eng menu.
    I PMed you the menu map from the dialler.
    Have a look over that & see how you get on.

Big thank you to Altor and Koolkid, your asistance is very much appreciated. Any more problems, I'll know who to ask (about alarms that is) ;)

Big thank you to Altor and Koolkid, your asistance is very much appreciated. Any more problems, I'll know who to ask (about alarms that is) ;)

Your welcome jay5296,

If you have any more problems you know where we are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi altor
    i sent my panal and gsm unit back to hkc. they said they will flash and update software so will reinstall then. i also have sl7 can i use this to input info onto panal instead of going through rkp which will take time. how do i connect sl7 to panal via jp2 is it?

hi altor
    i sent my panal and gsm unit back to hkc. they said they will flash and update software so will reinstall then. i also have sl7 can i use this to input info onto panal instead of going through rkp which will take time. how do i connect sl7 to panal via jp2 is it?

Hi Sean,

That's good, did HKC supply you with Smartlink?
    If you have downloaded all the panel info into smartlink then you can connect the lead to the panels comms and upload it back to the panel.

Hi Altor
    thanks foir reply. yes i got sl7 from hkc. i didnt download info from panal cause when i connected to jp2 it kept saying not connected. do u know why this was? can i input the info on sl7 and then upload when i reinstall the panal?

Hi Altor
    thanks foir reply. yes i got sl7 from hkc. i didnt download info from panal cause when i connected to jp2 it kept saying not connected. do u know why this was? can i input the info on sl7 and then upload when i reinstall the panal?

Yes, if you input all the info into smartlink then you can upload it to the panel once smartlink is connected to it.

• Advertisement

Thanks altor
    So just basically connect cable to jp2 and to serial port on laptop and run sl7

Thanks altor
    So just basically connect cable to jp2 and to serial port on laptop and run sl7

Hi Sean,

Yes, that's correct, did you get the instruction with the smartlink?

thanks Altor
    thanks for reply. no i got no instrucions with sl7 just got the access to installers to download. Do you happen to have a copy of them?

thanks Altor
    thanks for reply. no i got no instrucions with sl7 just got the access to installers to download. Do you happen to have a copy of them?

You will need to get them off HKC Sean. They are in the download section of the installers.

hi altor thanks again
    i just had a look in the installers section but i cannot see the instructions there.

hi altor thanks again
    i just had a look in the installers section but i cannot see the instructions there.

Download smartlink again and they are attached to it.

i downloaded smartlink7IRL_V7(installSL7IRL_V7.exe) i then run to install to pc but dont see instructions?

i downloaded smartlink7IRL_V7(installSL7IRL_V7.exe) i then run to install to pc but dont see instructions?

When you run the installation scroll and read the information before installing :D

thanks again Altor see them now. any way of printing them or saving them?

• Advertisement

thanks again Altor see them now. any way of printing them or saving them?

Copy and paste :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement